Wrong tire choice of Ken Roczen in Salt Lake City

Edited Date/Time 6/9/2020 11:26am
That‘s what i just read on motocrossplanet.
|
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
6/8/2020 11:34am
Yeah I get lapped twice every time I pick the wrong tire
bvm111
6/8/2020 11:49am
in the military we call this ... rationalizing your own failure!
Ted722
6/8/2020 11:51am
Maybe that’s why he did a sighting lap. (get familiar with the tire). One of the only riders to do so.

The Shop

tek14
6/8/2020 11:52am
He didnt have enough air?
6/8/2020 12:10pm
Sounds like motocrossplanet is fishing with click bait?
Ted722 wrote:
I didn't read that as he's blaming his tire choice. I read it as he's blaming his health issues and it was compounded with a bad tire choice which made matters worse.
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
6/8/2020 12:13pm
Ken Roczen: “These past two races obviously haven’t been the results that we needed to be in the fight. That doesn’t mean that we aren’t still trying. Sometimes you’re dealt a hand of cards that are completely out of your control, but we’re trying to make the smartest and quickest decisions to get through some of the health issues that keep coming up. My heat went well and I led a handful of laps until I got a flat. The boulders started popping up and I think I know right where the rock got me in the whoops. With the weather changing, we tried to make a tire decision that would give me the best chances of not having that same thing happen in the main, but that obviously didn’t work well. I’m not the type of guy that likes to roll around or is satisfied with a fifth- or 10th-place finish, but sometimes if that’s the best you can do for the night, you just have to except it for what it is. I can’t thank my team enough for being patient with me and for never wavering in their support. I know the sacrifices they’re making to be up here and all of the work they’re putting in to give me the best equipment and support, and I want to do better for them. I couldn’t be more grateful for them and I hope we can turn this around and be in a better position to put up a fight on Wednesday.”
6/8/2020 12:26pm
Yeah reading that a couple of times - he didn’t come out and say his tire choice was the only reason. I feel for Ken but now is the time to say: it wasn’t my night and it’s back to the drawing board. Or something like that.

Forget all the little things and make the best of it. That finish had to crush his soul a bit. I hope he realizes he’s a champion and he has better days ahead of him. And if it doesn’t work out that’s ok too. It’s just motorcycle racing.
6/8/2020 12:27pm
Did the team accidently install a slick tire thinking they were at a moto gp race? I mean this is the same team that forgot to run a high elevation engine tune.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
6/8/2020 12:37pm
Ralph: “Imagine how different the race would have gone if it had gone differently”
wrc777
Fantasy
783rd
6/8/2020 1:34pm
Did he run a mousse in front to prevent flats? I thought they all ran mousse in the rear tire so that couldn't go flat if so.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
6/8/2020 1:40pm
Markturbo wrote:
Did the team accidently install a slick tire thinking they were at a moto gp race? I mean this is the same team that forgot to...
Did the team accidently install a slick tire thinking they were at a moto gp race? I mean this is the same team that forgot to run a high elevation engine tune.
I'm old enough to remember when Factory Honda was THE team to be on. The glory days, today not so much...
kkawboy14
6/8/2020 2:14pm
I wonder if he did the no air deal and it felt really weird to him
toroP
6/8/2020 2:28pm
Roczen thanks his team, says he has to do better, and folks want to bash him.

This is one of the greats who is obviously struggling. If you really follow the sport you know that Ken in the past was capable of rolling by Tomac and Webb and dropping them. After the injuries that’s not been the case. It’s damn shitty that folks here seem to want to celebrate his decline.

Eli and Cooper had an awesome battle Sunday. Imagine if Ken was part of it. It’s not a good thing that he wasn’t.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
6/8/2020 2:29pm
wrc777 wrote:
Did he run a mousse in front to prevent flats? I thought they all ran mousse in the rear tire so that couldn't go flat if...
Did he run a mousse in front to prevent flats? I thought they all ran mousse in the rear tire so that couldn't go flat if so.
I’ve never heard of a Professional motocross rider using a mousse in a SX race. I have heard of a few riders using one in a MX race at a track with rocks that had the chance of getting flats, but by no means did all it most do it.
slumpstone
6/8/2020 2:43pm
Almost all if not all factory teams use mousse in the rear tire for mx. Not so much if ever in sx
McDuff
6/8/2020 3:40pm
wrc777 wrote:
Did he run a mousse in front to prevent flats? I thought they all ran mousse in the rear tire so that couldn't go flat if...
langhammx wrote:
I’ve never heard of a Professional motocross rider using a mousse in a SX race. I have heard of a few riders using one in a...
I’ve never heard of a Professional motocross rider using a mousse in a SX race. I have heard of a few riders using one in a MX race at a track with rocks that had the chance of getting flats, but by no means did all it most do it.
I haven't heard of anyone using it in their tires, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them used it in their hair
Keith72
6/8/2020 4:38pm
His directional front tire was installed backwards.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
6/8/2020 4:44pm
Makes perfect sense why he suddenly dropped 3 seconds a lap after 7min. I mean you gotta use your brain sometimes...
mxsx104
6/8/2020 5:15pm
Boomslang wrote:
Ken Roczen: “These past two races obviously haven’t been the results that we needed to be in the fight. That doesn’t mean that we aren’t still trying...
Ken Roczen: “These past two races obviously haven’t been the results that we needed to be in the fight. That doesn’t mean that we aren’t still trying. Sometimes you’re dealt a hand of cards that are completely out of your control, but we’re trying to make the smartest and quickest decisions to get through some of the health issues that keep coming up. My heat went well and I led a handful of laps until I got a flat. The boulders started popping up and I think I know right where the rock got me in the whoops. With the weather changing, we tried to make a tire decision that would give me the best chances of not having that same thing happen in the main, but that obviously didn’t work well. I’m not the type of guy that likes to roll around or is satisfied with a fifth- or 10th-place finish, but sometimes if that’s the best you can do for the night, you just have to except it for what it is. I can’t thank my team enough for being patient with me and for never wavering in their support. I know the sacrifices they’re making to be up here and all of the work they’re putting in to give me the best equipment and support, and I want to do better for them. I couldn’t be more grateful for them and I hope we can turn this around and be in a better position to put up a fight on Wednesday.”

cwel11
6/8/2020 5:27pm
Wrong grips on Wednesday leads to arm pump and an eighth place finish? Sunday food poisoning. Wednesday hangnail. Sunday sun was in my eyes. Wednesday dog ate my homework......and the beat goes on
kiwifan
6/8/2020 5:44pm
Boomslang wrote:
Ken Roczen: “These past two races obviously haven’t been the results that we needed to be in the fight. That doesn’t mean that we aren’t still trying...
that still wont shut up the negative nancys in vital

One thing Vitards are very good at, sticking the knife into pro riders

Post a reply to: Wrong tire choice of Ken Roczen in Salt Lake City

The Latest