Ktm Xc/Sx 150 advise!!

2stmark
12/16/2018 9:03pm
Jjglass535 wrote:
I have a 2013 with less than 40 hours and the throttle stuck wide open. Broken back ! I will never ride that pile of shit...
I have a 2013 with less than 40 hours and the throttle stuck wide open. Broken back ! I will never ride that pile of shit again
colintrax wrote:
It's fairly documented that the old throttle cables could get pulled out. I had that problem with my steering damper pulling the cable out. Thread in...
It's fairly documented that the old throttle cables could get pulled out. I had that problem with my steering damper pulling the cable out. Thread in cables are cheap and well thread right into the stock carb. KTM changed it in 14 or 15.
Jjglass535 wrote:
It had nothing to do with the cable. KTM sent out 6 guys to my house and did a 3-1/2 hour inspection. The slide was stuck...
It had nothing to do with the cable. KTM sent out 6 guys to my house and did a 3-1/2 hour inspection. The slide was stuck. The bike was like new and very well maintained. They could not find a single thing wrong on my part, clean filter, could eat out of the airbox, cable was routed properly and it had the updated throttle housing done at the dealer. It's not a good feeling o the take off of a double when it suddenly goes wide open !!!
What were the riding conditions at the time it stuck ?

My 11' ktm 250 sx throttle stuck open off a 4th gear uphill to flat jump & I severally dislocated my shoulder
It was extremely hot / humid but powdery dusty sand track in Michigan
I thought the slide or needle may have stuck from fine dust getting sucked in thru a carb vent
2stmark
12/17/2018 2:43pm
2stmark wrote:
The 150 motor was all new in 16' ., wt. is 4lbs lighter than previous generation My 16 motor is more mid top oriented than my...
The 150 motor was all new in 16' ., wt. is 4lbs lighter than previous generation
My 16 motor is more mid top oriented than my 13' & 15' were
However the 16' - up motor is very easily & inexpensively massaged to make whatever power type you want .
Have an LMS head insert , stk pipe , shorty pc mx silencer . Stock Kehin , red pv spring & crazy 13/52
I like good low end power & this 16' pulls one gear taller than a stock bike & rips on top higher r's than the 13' , 15'
There is barely room for a few more cc's in the bore & none for increasing stroke
Ride enduro's h. scrambles & some moto
Have the same bike 16 150SX with Doma Exhaust ,VForce 4 ,13/50 Gearing and WP Cone Valve and Trax Suspension. What is the LMS Head Insert...
Have the same bike 16 150SX with Doma Exhaust ,VForce 4 ,13/50 Gearing and WP Cone Valve and Trax Suspension.
What is the LMS Head Insert ?
How is to ride with the 13/52 Gearing
Look up LMS head on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-150-SX-XC-W-2016-2019-COMBUSTION-CHAMBER-D…

13/52 gearing allows me to be in 3rd instead of 2nd gear with additional power i got from
head insert , red pv spring , stock pipe , shorty silencer ( i use pro circuit )

The Shop

Post a reply to: Ktm Xc/Sx 150 advise!!

The Latest