Yahoo - 'It really is an epidemic’

Roostermx58
7/6/2017 6:55am
Saw this interesting article on Yahoo about motorcycle dealers saying thieves are striking more than ever.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article159838144…

|
Motodave15
7/6/2017 7:02am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 7:40am
This first post was too extreme.
7/6/2017 7:08am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 7:10am
Motodave15 wrote:
This first post was too extreme.
The local shop in my town got hit twice in the last month. I don't think they got anything the second time because they parked all the UTVs up against the glass inside, but the first go round they got 5 or 6 bikes worth about $50k total. They tracked one all the way to Houston and 3 in New Orleans. One of those clowns got hit by a car in an intersection while doing wheelies and died. Good riddance.

News article
newmann
7/6/2017 7:08am
Like a pack of wild dogs. Only thing missing was the pink mist from the full auto.
JRT812
7/6/2017 7:16am
Wishing death is a strong stance for something like stealing a dirt bike. I dislike a thief as much as the next guy. I can't say I hate or wish death on the guy who stole all my camping gear out of the back of my truck coming back from a trip. Do I wish a lesson could be taught? Sure, but I shake my head at all the comments from folks wishing death and thinking shooting someone is the only solution. Not sure what the solution is, but I'm pretty sure death is not it.

The Shop

jeffro503
7/6/2017 7:21am
JRT812 wrote:
Wishing death is a strong stance for something like stealing a dirt bike. I dislike a thief as much as the next guy. I can't say...
Wishing death is a strong stance for something like stealing a dirt bike. I dislike a thief as much as the next guy. I can't say I hate or wish death on the guy who stole all my camping gear out of the back of my truck coming back from a trip. Do I wish a lesson could be taught? Sure, but I shake my head at all the comments from folks wishing death and thinking shooting someone is the only solution. Not sure what the solution is, but I'm pretty sure death is not it.
Well....maybe not death , but one good one through the knee cap , a slight beating and a good jail sentence.
dsmith
Fantasy
1294th
7/6/2017 7:23am
may they all rot in hell
JRT812
7/6/2017 7:33am
JRT812 wrote:
Wishing death is a strong stance for something like stealing a dirt bike. I dislike a thief as much as the next guy. I can't say...
jeffro503 wrote:
Well....maybe not death , but one good one through the knee cap , a slight beating and a good jail sentence.
I think that would suffice.
newmann
7/6/2017 7:34am
JRT812 wrote:
Would bet a crisp new dollar bill that all of them have a bit of criminal background. Not like they haven't been warned before.
Motodave15
7/6/2017 7:39am
JRT812 wrote:
ok well not death then, but they sure do give us regular black people a bad name.... very bad name.... its annoying and its also like why cant you idiots do it correctly? do you not have credit do you not know how to finance...fucking a..... all thieves need some form of major punishment for this crap. regardless of race

It seriously irks the hell out of me. They cant be punished because they're less fortunate. However its ok to steal from the people who actually work for their bikes... its fucking obsurd

and on a flip note, the bastards who stole my truck, 2 years ago... i still wish death on them and thats real
jeffro503
7/6/2017 7:51am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 7:52am
JRT812 wrote:
Motodave15 wrote:
ok well not death then, but they sure do give us regular black people a bad name.... very bad name.... its annoying and its also like...
ok well not death then, but they sure do give us regular black people a bad name.... very bad name.... its annoying and its also like why cant you idiots do it correctly? do you not have credit do you not know how to finance...fucking a..... all thieves need some form of major punishment for this crap. regardless of race

It seriously irks the hell out of me. They cant be punished because they're less fortunate. However its ok to steal from the people who actually work for their bikes... its fucking obsurd

and on a flip note, the bastards who stole my truck, 2 years ago... i still wish death on them and thats real
Well Dave , it aint just black guys stealing these bikes. There are scumbag white dudes doing the same thing. The wheelie boys are a bunch of black dudes , and that whole scene is stupid....but as far as the theft goes.....you can't put a color / race on that part. In the end....we all lose , because when the media reports it , it's... " Motocross riders terrorizing the streets. "

Sheds a really dark cloud over all of us. The whole thing.....stealing them , riding them up and down the streets , police chase , bikes get impounded and then crushed. It just sucks!
TerryB
7/6/2017 7:52am
JRT812 wrote:
How about wishing a painful, crippling disease then? Cutting off their hands? I'm ok with that. They used to hang horse-thieves.

That's why they do it, there is no fear of penalty. It's not like they are stealing to feed their kids.

I definately think penalties are way too mild for felony level theft. Personal property crimes, (crimes against individuals), should be punished much more harshly than crimes against The State. Currently, those are the only crimes with penalties to fear. .gov protects their interests with more sincerity than ours.
TXDirt
7/6/2017 7:53am
JRT812 wrote:
You know, I don't disagree with you. But the further we have gone away from harsh punishments for stealing has only emboldened thieves and basically has created an environment where more and more thefts occur. Hard working folks who save up for something only to have it stolen by another person. It's a real shame. Not sure what the answer is but whatever we have been doing isn't working. Thieves are operating with total impunity.

JRT812
7/6/2017 8:02am
JRT812 wrote:
TerryB wrote:
How about wishing a painful, crippling disease then? Cutting off their hands? I'm ok with that. They used to hang horse-thieves. That's why they do it...
How about wishing a painful, crippling disease then? Cutting off their hands? I'm ok with that. They used to hang horse-thieves.

That's why they do it, there is no fear of penalty. It's not like they are stealing to feed their kids.

I definately think penalties are way too mild for felony level theft. Personal property crimes, (crimes against individuals), should be punished much more harshly than crimes against The State. Currently, those are the only crimes with penalties to fear. .gov protects their interests with more sincerity than ours.
They used to hang a lot people back in the day for various reasons, but maybe we have moved forward as a society from that way of life. All for some form of harsh punishment and agree our penalties are too soft. Prisons are over crowded with criminals that have committed crimes where most would agree that death is appropriate.
JRT812
7/6/2017 8:04am
JRT812 wrote:
newmann wrote:
Would bet a crisp new dollar bill that all of them have a bit of criminal background. Not like they haven't been warned before.
haha, yeah that would be a stupid bet. I'm sure they have been warned instead of punished appropriately
JRT812
7/6/2017 8:09am
JRT812 wrote:
Motodave15 wrote:
ok well not death then, but they sure do give us regular black people a bad name.... very bad name.... its annoying and its also like...

It's across the board and ignorance can be found within all races and social groups. I agree with you and it's astounding the lack of force/order that is not being pushed by the gov. They might be able to play the less fortunate card for a moment, but eventually it will catch up to them.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
7/6/2017 8:21am Edited Date/Time 7/6/2017 8:22am
No consequences anymore. Rob some one and get away and you have free stuff. Get caught, go on a vacation to country club with allyour homies where you can get your ged, full dental, 3 hot meals a day with lots of snacks inbetween, Join a volleyball league, train a dog, smoke great weed and all the booty love you desire, just remember if you wear your pants saggin in there it means you want to get booty raped. Then the courts will let you off easy because they need your mommas vote and the cycle repeats . Lol
swizcore
7/6/2017 9:00am
Saw a news story where they interviewed one of the wheelie group guys and his reasoning was "better we out being creative than killing people". Great mindset, only two options; wheelies on public streets or kill.
NateDawg
7/6/2017 9:13am
FLmxer wrote:
No consequences anymore. Rob some one and get away and you have free stuff. Get caught, go on a vacation to country club with allyour homies...
No consequences anymore. Rob some one and get away and you have free stuff. Get caught, go on a vacation to country club with allyour homies where you can get your ged, full dental, 3 hot meals a day with lots of snacks inbetween, Join a volleyball league, train a dog, smoke great weed and all the booty love you desire, just remember if you wear your pants saggin in there it means you want to get booty raped. Then the courts will let you off easy because they need your mommas vote and the cycle repeats . Lol
If prison seems like such a great place why don't you book a vacation there for a few months?
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
7/6/2017 9:19am
FLmxer wrote:
No consequences anymore. Rob some one and get away and you have free stuff. Get caught, go on a vacation to country club with allyour homies...
NateDawg wrote:
If prison seems like such a great place why don't you book a vacation there for a few months?
Pull your pants up fool. CoolWink
TXDirt
7/6/2017 9:26am
FLmxer wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
It's not 1940's Attica anymore. It is like a vacation to these thugs. They have to be coddled in prison. You have to ensure their safety, health, and overall good well being. Free healthcare, free food, free education, free legal defense, free free free free free.... paid for by taxpayers of course.
rmoto003
7/6/2017 9:27am
Eh, whatever. CNN told me that Trump ate two scoops of ice cream so Im gonna focus my attention on that
NateDawg
7/6/2017 9:56am
FLmxer wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
It's not 1940's Attica anymore. It is like a vacation to these thugs. They have to be coddled in prison. You have to ensure their safety...
It's not 1940's Attica anymore. It is like a vacation to these thugs. They have to be coddled in prison. You have to ensure their safety, health, and overall good well being. Free healthcare, free food, free education, free legal defense, free free free free free.... paid for by taxpayers of course.
Honest question, do you actually know anyone that has been to prison?
lumpy790
7/6/2017 10:06am
Sucks Mike is having this problem. Mike and I have been friends for years and met him the night before his 1st race in 1979 and worked with him. I just saw him at Muddy Creek when He saw my box van and parked next to me.

This smash and grab thing has been going on in the MC industry for a very long time. There was a group of white guys doing the stealing and selling the hot bikes to the guys in Balmore.
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
7/6/2017 10:09am
NateDawg wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
It's not 1940's Attica anymore. It is like a vacation to these thugs. They have to be coddled in prison. You have to ensure their safety...
NateDawg wrote:
Yes. Was best man in a good friend from high schools wedding. He just got out from 8 years and is buff as hell. His team was champs 3 years. He trained a few dogs. He did some real bad things but sad thing is he could again. Sad but true. I wish he had a harder time and learned a better lesson but instead he learned worse habits. He was a close friend. I have been blessed with a great life, he could of too. I would not even ever accept his friend request on facebook and i was his best man. I separated myself from losers decades ago.
plynn41
7/6/2017 10:12am
JRT812 wrote:
You and I will have to respectfully disagree then.
just James
7/6/2017 10:14am
JRT812 wrote:
Cuts down on recidivism. Like cuts it to zero. Also makes his homies contemplate whether stealing dirt bikes is a good career move.
NateDawg
7/6/2017 10:35am
JRT812 wrote:
just James wrote:
Cuts down on recidivism. Like cuts it to zero. Also makes his homies contemplate whether stealing dirt bikes is a good career move.
So, from a philosophical standpoint, you think it's morally acceptable to take someone's life for stealing a motorcycle? Because, to do so, you must be either willing to assert yourself and/or the judgement system as infallible or you must accept that you are statistically certain to kill perfectly innocent people to satisfy your Stone Age sense of justice.
TXDirt
7/6/2017 10:37am
NateDawg wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
NateDawg wrote:
Yes. My brother has been in prison for three different stints. Has actually spent most of his adult life in prison and he's not even 40 yet.
Firefly47
7/6/2017 10:44am
newmann wrote:
Like a pack of wild dogs. Only thing missing was the pink mist from the full auto.
Honest question - Have you ever shot someone? At close range?
Have you watched someone spit, cough, kick, and choke as they lay there dying?

Post a reply to: Yahoo - 'It really is an epidemic’

The Latest