Yoshimura RS-12

11/20/2018 9:38am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 1:04am
I know when it was first introduced via Factory Suzuki there was word the RS-12 was going public in that next year or so. Is a public release not happening now I guess? The JGR team obviously still runs them just without the graphic, but other than that and the rare sighting on someone's bike with a JGR connection or an amature factory Suzuki kid, they're nowhere to be found. Anybody have some info on this?

This is the most recent I've seen with the actual RS-12 label compared to the standard JGR bike.

|
ML512
Fantasy
36th
11/20/2018 9:51am
Last I asked, Yoshimura is still working on it. They’ve had a few major projects come up that have taken precedence and they haven’t gotten the tooling wrapped up to mass produce that style exhaust. The current batch is much more hands on and made for the team only.
11/20/2018 10:13am
ML512 wrote:
Last I asked, Yoshimura is still working on it. They’ve had a few major projects come up that have taken precedence and they haven’t gotten the...
Last I asked, Yoshimura is still working on it. They’ve had a few major projects come up that have taken precedence and they haven’t gotten the tooling wrapped up to mass produce that style exhaust. The current batch is much more hands on and made for the team only.
Thanks for the insight.
Do you know if it'll be their new style, as in for every brand, or will the RS-12 to Suzuki be the equivalent of the RS-9 to Honda?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
11/20/2018 10:37am
ML512 wrote:
Last I asked, Yoshimura is still working on it. They’ve had a few major projects come up that have taken precedence and they haven’t gotten the...
Thanks for the insight. Do you know if it'll be their new style, as in for every brand, or will the RS-12 to Suzuki be the...
Thanks for the insight.
Do you know if it'll be their new style, as in for every brand, or will the RS-12 to Suzuki be the equivalent of the RS-9 to Honda?
I believe it will eventually spread to all new moto models, starting with Suzuki. I expect the CRF to retain their own version however.
Lightning78
11/6/2019 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2019 12:24pm
Would really like to learn how the RS-12 design works, listening to Weege spray pump about how good the RS-12 design works.

Is it some kind of completely new type of exhaust system/muffler?

Or is it just a "refined" take on your standard 4 stroke sized can with a perforated core surrounded by packing?… . I think its about time SOME new technology in the form of 4 stroke exhaust systems is due. Hell, it looks like the OEM's have really stepped their game up over the last 5 or so years and bikes bone stock are coming with stock exhausts that (from what I've read) are becoming more and more difficult to improve upon which is good. Its already insulting, the prices being charged for an aftermarket exhaust full system is 3x - 5x the price of a 2 stroke system comparatively speaking.

After spending $10,000 on a new dirtbike, I'm sure that the last thing on a new bike customers mind is spending ANOTHER $1,000 for an exhaust with very marginal gains or a pipe that has zero gains and shifts your existing power characteristics or power curve up or down 500rpm. Typically the DO save a decent amount if weight but that juice isn't worth the squeeze for meh… ..not to mention the guys that buy an exhaust strictly bec it "Looks Siiiccck"

IMO with the staggering and perpetually always rising price of the exhaust systems sold by aftermarket mfg's are LONG overdue for an outside of the box thinking advancement. I couldn't tell you what they should do but it seems as though the market has become stale and some kind of gimmick that actually WORKS would rejuvenate that part of the aftermarket. Im fairly confident, the single largest aftermarket market share goes to exhaust pipe mfg's I'm sure its a lucrative market for companies like PC, FMF, Yosh, Bills, Rocket… ..etc

The Shop

Lightning78
11/6/2019 12:18pm
Sorry for the long-winded novel I wrote sometimes I get carried away trying to explain things as clearly as they are in my head LOL
skeef
Fantasy
1571st
11/6/2019 12:39pm

Big E
11/6/2019 4:34pm
Would really like to learn how the RS-12 design works, listening to Weege spray pump about how good the RS-12 design works. Is it some kind...
Would really like to learn how the RS-12 design works, listening to Weege spray pump about how good the RS-12 design works.

Is it some kind of completely new type of exhaust system/muffler?

Or is it just a "refined" take on your standard 4 stroke sized can with a perforated core surrounded by packing?… . I think its about time SOME new technology in the form of 4 stroke exhaust systems is due. Hell, it looks like the OEM's have really stepped their game up over the last 5 or so years and bikes bone stock are coming with stock exhausts that (from what I've read) are becoming more and more difficult to improve upon which is good. Its already insulting, the prices being charged for an aftermarket exhaust full system is 3x - 5x the price of a 2 stroke system comparatively speaking.

After spending $10,000 on a new dirtbike, I'm sure that the last thing on a new bike customers mind is spending ANOTHER $1,000 for an exhaust with very marginal gains or a pipe that has zero gains and shifts your existing power characteristics or power curve up or down 500rpm. Typically the DO save a decent amount if weight but that juice isn't worth the squeeze for meh… ..not to mention the guys that buy an exhaust strictly bec it "Looks Siiiccck"

IMO with the staggering and perpetually always rising price of the exhaust systems sold by aftermarket mfg's are LONG overdue for an outside of the box thinking advancement. I couldn't tell you what they should do but it seems as though the market has become stale and some kind of gimmick that actually WORKS would rejuvenate that part of the aftermarket. Im fairly confident, the single largest aftermarket market share goes to exhaust pipe mfg's I'm sure its a lucrative market for companies like PC, FMF, Yosh, Bills, Rocket… ..etc
From Yoshimura's website....

Developed and tested in the heat of over 24 months of factory level racing

Aggressive, intelligently designed, asymmetrical shaped RS-12 profile allows maximized muffler volume that helps manage sound, add power and provide more clearance for tire and brake caliper

Improved performance gains, weight reduction and fit when compared to previous generation design

Just like the works systems our Factory Racers use, RS-12 systems utilize precision machined joints. Machined joints provide a superior and exacting fit for joints by better securing the seal between two surfaces with a perfect 360 degree contact surface which translates into improved system life, fit and performance

Works-look matte carbon fiber end cap with industry leading design and innovation end cap detailing as expected from Yoshimura

Carbon end cap covers inner cap mounted design improves durability, and eases servicing as compared to other sandwich mounting designs most commonly found in the industry

New patent pending Precision Taper Fit (PTF) insert ring makes it easy to install and remove sound inserts and spark arrestors

Tapered muffler body inlet design of RS-12 enables the system to be pushed forward thus helping with weight centralization without sacrificing performance

Proudly designed, developed and made in the USA!

Yoshimura Full system weight 8.4 lbs. vs Stock Weight 9.5lbs
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
11/6/2019 6:18pm
The matte carbon looks dope! Need this for my KTM ASAPEvil

Motofinne
11/6/2019 11:21pm
Yeah the matte carbon end cap looks fantastic!
Motofinne
1/23/2020 1:04am
Any info about the RS-12 for other bikes? YZ250F 19-20 in specific.

Post a reply to: Yoshimura RS-12

The Latest