ZRT throttle tube

902moto
5/6/2020 4:28pm
Has anyone ever heard of a ZRT Throttle? if you have not you might want to look into it . this is an indestructible throttle...
Has anyone ever heard of a ZRT Throttle? if you have not you might want to look into it . this is an indestructible throttle . so you can keep waisting money on plastic and or aluminum, or go check it out , and I would like to know what you think on promotions for this item that is gaining a lot of speed in the moto world.
lostboy819 wrote:
Moran !
“Moran” 😂😂😂😂
Wow.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
5/6/2020 4:29pm
Has anyone ever heard of a ZRT Throttle? if you have not you might want to look into it . this is an indestructible throttle...
Has anyone ever heard of a ZRT Throttle? if you have not you might want to look into it . this is an indestructible throttle . so you can keep waisting money on plastic and or aluminum, or go check it out , and I would like to know what you think on promotions for this item that is gaining a lot of speed in the moto world.
lostboy819 wrote:
Moran !
902moto wrote:
“Moran” 😂😂😂😂
Wow.
I'm guessing you don't get the inside joke with that.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
5/6/2020 9:10pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Moran !
902moto wrote:
“Moran” 😂😂😂😂
Wow.
Back to the sideline where you belong noob. Cool

The Shop

5/6/2020 9:38pm
If GuyB posted this would you guys be so negative? Or if MLindsay did? Vitalmx (high school) popularity is funny
FWYT
5/6/2020 10:54pm
If GuyB posted this would you guys be so negative? Or if MLindsay did? Vitalmx (high school) popularity is funny
Or Axel or Cole? Laughing
navalseabee
5/7/2020 2:53am
I would like to try one, seems like a good idea. That being said they're pretty spendy I'll never pull the trigger at $179. If it was say 10 bucks more than the $70 Works Connection one I'd bite.
902moto
5/7/2020 4:25am
I would like to try one, seems like a good idea. That being said they're pretty spendy I'll never pull the trigger at $179. If it...
I would like to try one, seems like a good idea. That being said they're pretty spendy I'll never pull the trigger at $179. If it was say 10 bucks more than the $70 Works Connection one I'd bite.
But, you guys will spend 5k on an e-bike or 1100 on a titanium exhaust right 😂 or even an FMF Gnarly. When I did upgrades like the Gnarly, it was for a reason. One it changed the power curve. Two, the metal was thicker making it stronger.

The throttle is the same thing. It’s a performance upgrade.
You almost never have to clean it and it will always be silky smooth.
I challenge you to go out and feel your throttle right now. Is it like when the bike was brand new?? If not, your losing speed.
It won’t break from crashes.
You can run bark busters.
You can run the grips of your choice like Ouri.

I get it. You guys are cheap as F. And that’s cool. I’ll just keep doing my thing. Cuz it is paying the bills!
902moto
5/7/2020 4:29am
Oh and one other major benefit to our throttle that no one has is, when you are leaning or pulling on a plastic tube, the harder you lean/pull, the more resistance. When you lean on a ZRT, it will always be smooth and consistent. And that is where you gain speed.
5/7/2020 4:52am
This is fucked up.

Who cares who posted it? Who cares the guy that owns the company chimes in with a positive review?

Here we have a dude that is psyched to shout out his buddy. Fuck I wish I had more people jumping on vital talking about my four brands with positive review.

Then we have Tom the most Massachusetts guy ever (his YouTube vids about the throttle are music to the ears for a rube like me) who literally engineered a product in his garage that’s never been done before, something that took insane amounts of math, obsessing, machining, developing, sourcing, dedication, money invested, AND has literally taken his billfold out to help privateer racers... one of our own people who rides and races regularly..

And you guys want to shit on this dude’s product because you can’t afford it????

That’s pathetic. If it’s not in your price range, work an extra hour. Hustle harder. Do something that makes it in your price range.

I think this thing is a factory as fuck part, like a carbon fiber gas tank, or titanium foot pegs, and considering the engineering and development built into the product the price is a bargain. I’ve also never used one! I have drooled over the ZRT website a number of times and it’s on my list of parts I’d be PSYCHED to have on my bike.

We all ride. Let’s start acting like it.
902moto
5/7/2020 6:10am
This is fucked up. Who cares who posted it? Who cares the guy that owns the company chimes in with a positive review? Here we have...
This is fucked up.

Who cares who posted it? Who cares the guy that owns the company chimes in with a positive review?

Here we have a dude that is psyched to shout out his buddy. Fuck I wish I had more people jumping on vital talking about my four brands with positive review.

Then we have Tom the most Massachusetts guy ever (his YouTube vids about the throttle are music to the ears for a rube like me) who literally engineered a product in his garage that’s never been done before, something that took insane amounts of math, obsessing, machining, developing, sourcing, dedication, money invested, AND has literally taken his billfold out to help privateer racers... one of our own people who rides and races regularly..

And you guys want to shit on this dude’s product because you can’t afford it????

That’s pathetic. If it’s not in your price range, work an extra hour. Hustle harder. Do something that makes it in your price range.

I think this thing is a factory as fuck part, like a carbon fiber gas tank, or titanium foot pegs, and considering the engineering and development built into the product the price is a bargain. I’ve also never used one! I have drooled over the ZRT website a number of times and it’s on my list of parts I’d be PSYCHED to have on my bike.

Thanks Jeff,
So I take it you could here my accent? LOL I appreciate your comments. If I said that, I would get chastised for it.

Your absolutely right. It took an insane amount of work to get this project where it is today. People do not understand what goes into a project like this. From conception all the way to a nicely packaged brand that works flawlessly. Sometimes people I talk to ask me about how hard it is to start from scratch. Well the idea is the easy part. We all have had ideas about something we could fix or improve. But Its the follow through that is hard and costly. The patent cost on this alone is close to 15G's never mind the engineering/development/machining/revisions and time. It takes a long time to build a brand. But we are getting there.
From the very beginning when I bored out a competitors tube and put in our special bearings in, I knew, this was special. It is something that has never been done before. And it definitely changes how the throttle feels. We have hundreds of companies making footpegs and all kinds of trick parts. But there are very few companies that have rights to a singular product like Boysen did with the reeds before their patent expired. It is literally a factory level part at retail pricing.

Check out this link of Spencer Lukzacs 150 he built. Maybe you recognize the test rider?

https://youtu.be/KmAwiEilMHM

And this video is of my buddy Charles from MX Revival. He has done a few builds that had our throttles on it. And he makes some awesome videos. Check out this install video. Hes funny. One thing I do want to say is we changed the "Bar end bearing mount" from his version. Now we have a reverse expansion collet in each kit. And each kit contains 5 of these little collets. One of them, will fit what ever type handles bars you have. It centers the bearing on the bars and keeps it concentric. No more plug style. (old technology)

https://youtu.be/U2ta4VkFXKQ

And a how its made video.... This shows how we machine it. Its super cool.
https://youtu.be/G4s5oSZvQKA

I'm happy to answer any questions you guys may have.

4DAIVIPAI2K5
5/7/2020 6:31am
Seems like their page is down but besides the machined throttle cam what benefit does the ZRT have over this product? Honest discussion not trying to shit talk or anything. i thought the production video you made was awesome, would have been cool seeing the bearing getting pressed in to finish the tube at the end.

I hate the plastic cam's on the protaper micro bars as they wear and break.

Tegradyne
902moto
5/7/2020 6:52am
Seems like their page is down but besides the machined throttle cam what benefit does the ZRT have over this product? Honest discussion not trying to...
Seems like their page is down but besides the machined throttle cam what benefit does the ZRT have over this product? Honest discussion not trying to shit talk or anything. i thought the production video you made was awesome, would have been cool seeing the bearing getting pressed in to finish the tube at the end.

Tegradyne
Thanks. I didn’t see a link to compare the products.
Pressing the bearing in takes like 2 seconds. But maybe a assembly video is in our future?
And we make these for the micro bars also. Cobra, KTM and also have the new YZ65

Here is a Cobra CAM

STLSharky
5/7/2020 6:57am
This is fucked up. Who cares who posted it? Who cares the guy that owns the company chimes in with a positive review? Here we have...
This is fucked up.

Yes, give it to me
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
5/7/2020 7:19am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2020 5:09pm
I think the whole thread was getting a laugh because the OP didn't know the difference between a throttle tube and a throttle body, if you want to spam a product for your buddy then you kind of need to know what it is. Blush
4DAIVIPAI2K5
5/7/2020 7:47am
Seems like their page is down but besides the machined throttle cam what benefit does the ZRT have over this product? Honest discussion not trying to...

Tegradyne
902moto wrote:
Thanks. I didn’t see a link to compare the products. Pressing the bearing in takes like 2 seconds. But maybe a assembly video is in our...
Thanks. I didn’t see a link to compare the products.
Pressing the bearing in takes like 2 seconds. But maybe a assembly video is in our future?
And we make these for the micro bars also. Cobra, KTM and also have the new YZ65

Here is a Cobra CAM

Link is the red word.

I have thought about getting some for my son's cobra's but like others have said I just couldn't do the price needing two of them. I had pax make me up two custom tubes for 1/4 the price.

I think finishing the video with the bearing insert would just complete the video. Your selling point is the bearings, but they arent shown in the video at all.
Broseph
5/7/2020 7:54am
This is fucked up.

Who cares who posted it? I do! Do you take every opinion as equal, even if the guy telling you something works for or is otherwise associated with the company selling the product?

My whole issue was the owner and his friend posting as if they're just regular guys loving this product. Luckily they live within a few miles of each other and every post they have made has been about the ZRT throttle tube. Easy to figure out what's going on. If you don't mind being advertised to in a deceptive manner, that's fine. I personally can't stand it, so I call it out.

A MUCH better intro for the owner would have been to do this:
1) State his relationship with the company
2) Explain what he's trying to solve with his product
3) Concede that pricing might not be for everyone
4) End with a note about works parts

I have no issue with the product. I like trick billet parts as much as anyone else. And now that we know who the owner is, I think it's awesome he's continuing to interact with potential customers. As long as he stops insulting them by calling them "cheap as F", I think he will come out ahead in this thread.
RMT
5/7/2020 8:05am
lostboy819 wrote:
Moran !
902moto wrote:
“Moran” 😂😂😂😂
Wow.
Well that didn’t quite turn out how you thought it would. Lol
902moto
5/7/2020 8:15am
This is fucked up.

Broseph wrote:
Who cares who posted it? I do! Do you take every opinion as equal, even if the guy telling you something works for or is otherwise...
Who cares who posted it? I do! Do you take every opinion as equal, even if the guy telling you something works for or is otherwise associated with the company selling the product?

My whole issue was the owner and his friend posting as if they're just regular guys loving this product. Luckily they live within a few miles of each other and every post they have made has been about the ZRT throttle tube. Easy to figure out what's going on. If you don't mind being advertised to in a deceptive manner, that's fine. I personally can't stand it, so I call it out.

A MUCH better intro for the owner would have been to do this:
1) State his relationship with the company
2) Explain what he's trying to solve with his product
3) Concede that pricing might not be for everyone
4) End with a note about works parts

I have no issue with the product. I like trick billet parts as much as anyone else. And now that we know who the owner is, I think it's awesome he's continuing to interact with potential customers. As long as he stops insulting them by calling them "cheap as F", I think he will come out ahead in this thread.
Your something else buddy.

Marks original post was on 2/10/20

My reply to his post is 5/6/20

I only happen to stumble upon his post because I did a google search to see where ZRThrottle was popping up. And low and behold, Vital MX was one spot. So who is being deceptive?? I had no idea he posted about it.

Its cool though.

PS, I know the pricing is not for everyone.
RMT
5/7/2020 8:17am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2020 8:22am
This is fucked up.

This was a joke right?

I think I’m going to go out in my garage and spend the next couple of years developing a new axle nut. It will revolutionize MX as we know it. Don’t worry, I will keep the price below $120. Don’t bash, I will spend all my money, blood, sweat and tears on the project.

After that, I have this idea for an ECU holder that will blow everyone’s mind. You will never replace the cheap rubber oem one again!

GTFOH with that bullshit.

5/7/2020 8:19am
For crying out loud I made a auto correct mistake .does not mean i dont know what the difference is .this is what I'm talking about.
You could have just said ah do you know the difference. Which i do. But thx for asking. No let's just bash on a guy you dont even know.
Cause I'm sure you are perfect. Right?
And we are not talking nightly how we can promote his product.
I think it is a great product, and just like if you used something you liked and said something good online bout it to friends or whatever. This is the same.
But as they say in advertising, people talking is still just people talking.
I the real only thing is bashing people, that has to stop, try some constructive criticisms or ask a question. I'm sure you'll get an answer.
Like my man, we all ride
902moto
5/7/2020 8:22am
It is this type of negativity that turns me off from this site. Vital MX has approached me several times to advertise with them. But why the would I ever advertise on a site where people have nothing good to say about me or my products? And think I'm deceptive and falsely advertising somehow. Thats not me. And if you do your homework on my company, you will know I have some the best customer service out of anyone out there. Period. I am a racer for the racers. And I know how I want to be treated. And its not like this. I'm out.
5/7/2020 9:24am
This has been a fun ride. Dude tries to spam his buddy's product but doesn't know a throttle tube from a throttle body.

The product is not well received due to price and one real world account.

Random guy bumps the thread for some reason three months later and talks up the product.

Random guy is immediately outed as the owner and developer of the product.

Owner goes full Derrick Harris on his potential customers.

Crutcher makes a run at a sponsorship deal.

Owner can't change opinions, declares his superiority, takes his ball and goes home.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
5/7/2020 9:33am
Bottom line is, this is a hi-tech product with a hi-tech price.

If ZRT wants some market research data, here is my consumer opinion:
-It's cool AF.
-I don't like what I read that I have to cut the handlebars to install it. Can you make a version without that requirement?
-I think the price is high, even with all the innovation. A higher retail price is warranted. 3X higher? Maybe not.
slipdog
5/7/2020 10:02am
This has been a fun ride. Dude tries to spam his buddy's product but doesn't know a throttle tube from a throttle body. The product is...
This has been a fun ride. Dude tries to spam his buddy's product but doesn't know a throttle tube from a throttle body.

The product is not well received due to price and one real world account.

Random guy bumps the thread for some reason three months later and talks up the product.

Random guy is immediately outed as the owner and developer of the product.

Owner goes full Derrick Harris on his potential customers.

Crutcher makes a run at a sponsorship deal.

Owner can't change opinions, declares his superiority, takes his ball and goes home.
Haha, I missed it the first time around a few months ago but that's pretty much how I just read it too.
Mxracer607
5/7/2020 10:14am
lostboy819 wrote:
Moran !
902moto wrote:
“Moran” 😂😂😂😂
Wow.
lostboy819 wrote:
Back to the sideline where you belong noob. Cool
go LB. Im dying of laughter
902moto
5/7/2020 10:52am
Falcon wrote:
Bottom line is, this is a hi-tech product with a hi-tech price. If ZRT wants some market research data, here is my consumer opinion: -It's cool...
Bottom line is, this is a hi-tech product with a hi-tech price.

If ZRT wants some market research data, here is my consumer opinion:
-It's cool AF.
-I don't like what I read that I have to cut the handlebars to install it. Can you make a version without that requirement?
-I think the price is high, even with all the innovation. A higher retail price is warranted. 3X higher? Maybe not.
the portion of the bars you cut off is replaced by a bearing.

In order for your throttle tube to be at the same handle bar width, you need to cut them. But, you don’t have to. You could run one side wider. 🤷🏻‍♂️
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
5/7/2020 2:48pm
The Vital Herding Mentality strikes again.

Post a reply to: ZRT throttle tube

The Latest