arma or ryno power

8/8/2020 3:48pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Just looked at Ryno’s ingredients. lol [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/08/08/442762/s1200_95BD8DF2_1ED6_4E7C_B668_0A2A712529AC.jpg[/img] First, he has a proprietary blend called Performance Blend which is 2.9g. The problem with proprietary blends is you...
Just looked at Ryno’s ingredients. lol

First, he has a proprietary blend called Performance Blend which is 2.9g. The problem with proprietary blends is you don’t how much of each of those ingredients listed make up the 2.9g Performance Blend. Proprietary Blends are one of the biggest scams of the supplement industry.

- Beta-alanine - This is a staple of any pre-workout. Increases strength, endurance and recovery. Also gives you the tingles on your skin to let you know it’s working. Anyone that’s taken it knows. lol But you need around 3g. His entire Performance Blend is only 2.9g, so obviously this is under-dosed.

- L-Arginine - This is what gives you a “pump” in the gym, however it’s become outdated and isn’t used much anymore because it’s less efficient than L-Citrulline. Both L-Arginine and L-Citrulline increase nitric oxide and help blood vessels to relax and become a little larger, thus allowing more blood to reach your muscles and cause the “pump.”

- Citrulline Malate - Basically does the same as L-Arginine listed above and gives you a “pump” when lifting weights. More efficient than L-Arginine. Effective dosage is 5-10g, so again this is under-dosed.

- Caffeine - We all know what it does, but you need around 200mg in a pre-workout. With that said, caffeine tolerance varies by person, so this may be effective for some. If you drink a lot of caffeine, this dose is ineffective.

Everything else is pretty much take it or leave it, the ones I highlighted above are standard for a pre-workout.

I’m not shitting on Ryno, just hate seeing someone piss their money away. If you’re looking for quality supplements, check out labdoor.com They’re an independent 3rd party that tests supplements and ranks them A through F. They don’t manufacture or sell supplements. Select the supplements you’re looking for; pre-workout, protein, electrolytes, etc and then pick the top 3 and shop around for the best deal.

EDIT: Meant to add that supplements are just that. They SUPPLEMENT what you don’t or can’t get enough of from food. They are not intended to replace or compensate for a shitty diet full of garbage.
Bingo bango.... If you want to support the sport by all means buy these products but don't discount that there are better products on the shelves of many retailers in the US. If you want to buy the best electrolyte supplement its EFS (electrolyte fuel system). There is also 1000 different proteins out there depending on your goals and diet restrictions. Also you can pick from any BCAA and be ok as well.
SEE ARE125
8/8/2020 5:05pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Just looked at Ryno’s ingredients. lol [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/08/08/442762/s1200_95BD8DF2_1ED6_4E7C_B668_0A2A712529AC.jpg[/img] First, he has a proprietary blend called Performance Blend which is 2.9g. The problem with proprietary blends is you...
Just looked at Ryno’s ingredients. lol

First, he has a proprietary blend called Performance Blend which is 2.9g. The problem with proprietary blends is you don’t how much of each of those ingredients listed make up the 2.9g Performance Blend. Proprietary Blends are one of the biggest scams of the supplement industry.

- Beta-alanine - This is a staple of any pre-workout. Increases strength, endurance and recovery. Also gives you the tingles on your skin to let you know it’s working. Anyone that’s taken it knows. lol But you need around 3g. His entire Performance Blend is only 2.9g, so obviously this is under-dosed.

- L-Arginine - This is what gives you a “pump” in the gym, however it’s become outdated and isn’t used much anymore because it’s less efficient than L-Citrulline. Both L-Arginine and L-Citrulline increase nitric oxide and help blood vessels to relax and become a little larger, thus allowing more blood to reach your muscles and cause the “pump.”

- Citrulline Malate - Basically does the same as L-Arginine listed above and gives you a “pump” when lifting weights. More efficient than L-Arginine. Effective dosage is 5-10g, so again this is under-dosed.

- Caffeine - We all know what it does, but you need around 200mg in a pre-workout. With that said, caffeine tolerance varies by person, so this may be effective for some. If you drink a lot of caffeine, this dose is ineffective.

Everything else is pretty much take it or leave it, the ones I highlighted above are standard for a pre-workout.

I’m not shitting on Ryno, just hate seeing someone piss their money away. If you’re looking for quality supplements, check out labdoor.com They’re an independent 3rd party that tests supplements and ranks them A through F. They don’t manufacture or sell supplements. Select the supplements you’re looking for; pre-workout, protein, electrolytes, etc and then pick the top 3 and shop around for the best deal.

EDIT: Meant to add that supplements are just that. They SUPPLEMENT what you don’t or can’t get enough of from food. They are not intended to replace or compensate for a shitty diet full of garbage.
Bingo bango.... If you want to support the sport by all means buy these products but don't discount that there are better products on the shelves...
Bingo bango.... If you want to support the sport by all means buy these products but don't discount that there are better products on the shelves of many retailers in the US. If you want to buy the best electrolyte supplement its EFS (electrolyte fuel system). There is also 1000 different proteins out there depending on your goals and diet restrictions. Also you can pick from any BCAA and be ok as well.
Yep, protein is protein is protein, the muscles don’t see it any differently. Doesn’t matter if it’s from whey powder or a chicken breast. Ideally you should be getting the majority of protein from food and only supplement to hit your daily goal or out of convenience. Reason being, unlike the whey powder, that chicken breast contains a lot more nutrients than just protein. The problem with a lot of protein powders is they’re packed with a lot of fillers, sweeteners, flavors, etc. Example, look at RynoPower’s protein. It’s a 45g serving, yet only contains 27g of protein. What are the other 18g? You’re paying $45 for a 907g bag of protein, but only getting 540g of protein per bag. Personally, I use MyProtein Whey Isolate. It’s the best value I’ve found, it has a 25g serving with 22g protein(21g for the flavored versions). I like the unflavored version because I can mix it in anything, plus it has a little more protein per scoop since there aren’t any flavorings or sweeteners.
sandtrack315
8/9/2020 2:58pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Yep, protein is protein is protein, the muscles don’t see it any differently. Doesn’t matter if it’s from whey powder or a chicken breast. Ideally you...
Yep, protein is protein is protein, the muscles don’t see it any differently. Doesn’t matter if it’s from whey powder or a chicken breast. Ideally you should be getting the majority of protein from food and only supplement to hit your daily goal or out of convenience. Reason being, unlike the whey powder, that chicken breast contains a lot more nutrients than just protein. The problem with a lot of protein powders is they’re packed with a lot of fillers, sweeteners, flavors, etc. Example, look at RynoPower’s protein. It’s a 45g serving, yet only contains 27g of protein. What are the other 18g? You’re paying $45 for a 907g bag of protein, but only getting 540g of protein per bag. Personally, I use MyProtein Whey Isolate. It’s the best value I’ve found, it has a 25g serving with 22g protein(21g for the flavored versions). I like the unflavored version because I can mix it in anything, plus it has a little more protein per scoop since there aren’t any flavorings or sweeteners.
There are carbohydrates in the Ryno stuff as well, that’s what makes up most of the difference.

The Shop

Rickyisms
8/9/2020 4:20pm
Pedialyte a day or two before riding and a chocolate milk on the way home.
SEE ARE125
8/9/2020 4:37pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Yep, protein is protein is protein, the muscles don’t see it any differently. Doesn’t matter if it’s from whey powder or a chicken breast. Ideally you...
There are carbohydrates in the Ryno stuff as well, that’s what makes up most of the difference.
True, and some fast acting carbs post workout are good to replenish glycogen stores lost during exercise. Anyone remember Forkner with the pixie sticks? Anyway, the “RP Carbo Fuel” in his protein powder is just a solid form of corn syrup with a fancy name. You can get the same thing by taking a tablespoon of Mrs. Butterworth’s or Aunt Jemima pancake syrup, or do like Forkner and get some pixie sticks. The carbs are fine, I just don’t think it’s something anyone should pay a premium for when pretty much anything loaded with sugar will do the trick. Most people who are considering that product are looking for additional protein, and I just feel there’s a lot of other products that are a better value.
SEE ARE125
8/9/2020 4:41pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Pedialyte a day or two before riding and a chocolate milk on the way home.
Chocolate milk is seriously underestimated! Laughing That’s literally a perfect and less complex example of what I just posted above. You have your protein from the milk and the fast acting carbs from the chocolate syrup. It’s optional, but throw in a scoop of whey powder for some additional protein and boom, done!
AxlBundy
8/9/2020 4:56pm
Chocolate milk was great when I was young and active enough to handle the carb load. Half gallon was like 2.19

All proteins are not the same. Fortunately milk protein is pretty good. Never got anything meaningful out of whey. Beef is where it’s at
8/9/2020 8:46pm
I may come out with my own supplement brand. Tiger Horn Smile basically cherry cool aid with stuff added. I hauler containers out of Chicago to Wi. Large barrels of powder to make all natural vitamins. The containers would be tore open on the side or roof, snow or rain inside. last product in the container was hazmat, that was spilled everywhere.
sandtrack315
8/10/2020 3:09am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
True, and some fast acting carbs post workout are good to replenish glycogen stores lost during exercise. Anyone remember Forkner with the pixie sticks? Anyway, the...
True, and some fast acting carbs post workout are good to replenish glycogen stores lost during exercise. Anyone remember Forkner with the pixie sticks? Anyway, the “RP Carbo Fuel” in his protein powder is just a solid form of corn syrup with a fancy name. You can get the same thing by taking a tablespoon of Mrs. Butterworth’s or Aunt Jemima pancake syrup, or do like Forkner and get some pixie sticks. The carbs are fine, I just don’t think it’s something anyone should pay a premium for when pretty much anything loaded with sugar will do the trick. Most people who are considering that product are looking for additional protein, and I just feel there’s a lot of other products that are a better value.
Yeah glucose polymers are slightly more advantageous than maple syrup for physical activity, but I do love maple syrup!
88FYNN88
8/10/2020 4:07am
I would try BioSteel, it workes great
bama205
8/10/2020 5:18am
It is so funny to me the guys that say “same stuff is cheaper at wherever”

Yeah but do they support the sport in the manner than Rynopower or Arma does? If they don’t, then wtf?
tingo
8/10/2020 9:16am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2020 9:32am
https://www.pacifichealthlabs.com/Accelerade

I'm a fan of Accelerade for hydration and energy. It's a bitch to mix up in a hydration bladder due to the protein, so I mix it ahead of time in the blender and then dump it in.
MotofactioN
8/10/2020 10:01am
tingo wrote:
https://www.pacifichealthlabs.com/Accelerade I'm a fan of Accelerade for hydration and energy. It's a bitch to mix up in a hydration bladder due to the protein, so I...
https://www.pacifichealthlabs.com/Accelerade

I'm a fan of Accelerade for hydration and energy. It's a bitch to mix up in a hydration bladder due to the protein, so I mix it ahead of time in the blender and then dump it in.
Long time no see, tingo Huh been awhile Grinning
moto711
8/10/2020 10:46am
bama205 wrote:
It is so funny to me the guys that say “same stuff is cheaper at wherever” Yeah but do they support the sport in the manner...
It is so funny to me the guys that say “same stuff is cheaper at wherever”

Yeah but do they support the sport in the manner than Rynopower or Arma does? If they don’t, then wtf?
Exactly! I would rather put my money back into the sport rather then feed some big corporation like GNC.

This seems like a yearly forum post where all these so called nutritionist come out to put down the products or provide their feedback that wasn't asked for.
Im not saying some of you dont know what your talking about because provided the information you gave you defiantly provides some valid points. But the post was asking for opinion on whether he should purchase ARMA or Ryno.

Its all about personal preference on all this. Of course it is best to get all your proteins and what not from real foods. But most people dont have the luxury or time to do so. I consume these products on top of my real food diet. Helps me with managing my protein intake and other forms of nutrients. The other thing is a lot of people rely on sodas or energy drinks to keep them going thru the day. And as we all know these drinks are not good for you. Of course it isn't going to kill you to have a Red Bull, Monster, or Gatorade every once in a while. But a lot of people rely on these daily. I use these products in place of the Gatorade's or energy drinks to cut down the artificial ingredients and extreme amounts of excess sugar. I personally dont like to put artificial sweeteners or products into my body as much as I can. Most the "big" supplement company either have artificial sweeteners or are full of fillers. If you look at our sports 3 main supplement company's Ryno, Arma, & PNG. They have all taken this into consideration when developing their products. Yes of course their are other company's that may do a better job of the all natural supplements but again this goes back to my point I would rather put money back into our sport.

The next thing is you cant compare these products to other supplements on the market as they are marketed to endurance, moto athletes not your typical body builder gym rat. If you look at their product line ups none of them have all the typical junk you get from your local GNC to make you big and grow your muscles in seconds. These products dont typically have the extra caffeine, pump, ETC. They are made to take for the sport we are in.

To answer the question of the post I would recommend getting trials of each product and giving them a test. They all have their own unique flavors and products. Each company does have sample packs on their website for this. Now for my opinion these are my choices:

Ryno- I have been taking the full lineup from Ryno for about 4-5 years. I regularly use their Proteins, Recovery pills, and pre workout. The protein has a great rich taste that dosnt have that chalky flavor that other do. The Gladiatior pe workout is great for a afternoon pick me up before the gym or in place of coffee or energy drinks. The Ryno Mana bar is amazing for a quick snack.

ARMA- I just started their Fire caffeine blend the last few months and I got to say I didnt like it at first and was concerned cause it didn't seem to mix well. So I had kinda wrote it off as it wasn't that good.
After emailing ARMA to ask if I was doing something wrong or maybe I got a bad batch. They quickly emailed me back and provided me with an explanation on this and why it seems like it has a "gritty" taste. Later that day I personally got a call from Scott Sepkovic to provide me with the full reasoning behind how the Fire works and why it seemed like it didnt mix well. In short explanation the Coffee Grounds they use are not ground to a full powder for a reason to give you longer sustained energy. He provided me with that is how they developed it and it is best to give it a quick shave before each sip.
After talking to Scott I decided to give it another try. Now on my second container and im loving it! I used it to replace my morning coffee or Yerba Mate. And it works great! With this replacing my morning caffeine kick I have cut at least another 20g out of my already pretty limited sugar intake of my diet with not consuming those other morning drinks. I also gave the Blitz Hydration a try and the flavor was good little bit to sweet for me but it was really strong in flavor. I would recommend leaning it out quite a bit so it inst over powering.

PNG- PNG has hands down the best tasting hydration on the market! I gave it a try after seeing the logo on so many people and listening to Mike Sleeters podcast. The flavor is amazing it isn't to strong or over powering. I will normally fill a 16oz bottle and drink it 3/4 of the way then fill it back up and do this until the flavor is gone. It is great for your hydration mix well at the track or for a afternoon drink when your tired of drinking water. The Gels are also good for a quick hit on the bicycle rides or for after a moto at the track.

My top picks for the products:
Protien- Ryno
Hydration- PNG
Energy- This is a tie between Ryno and Arma as both are great products
Gels/Bars- Ryno Mana bar
Pill supplements- Ryno

In conclusion these are my opinions and I am no expert.
I would just recommend getting sample packs and trying which flavors you like most!
Hope this helps!

SEE ARE125
8/10/2020 11:31am Edited Date/Time 8/10/2020 11:35am
I wouldn’t buy anything at GNC either. I’m not shitting on Ryno, so my apologies if it came off that way. His products were merely an example of 99% of the supplement industry. All these companies charge premium prices for subpar products with bold claims in an attempt to prey on people’s need for the next “miracle in a bottle.” I just hate seeing people do the same stuff I did when I was younger and piss their money away, because it’s really not that complex.

Also, I’m all for supporting the sport, but to what point? As an example, let’s say your boots are worn and you need some new ones. Your choices are:
Alpinestars Tech 10s - $600
RynoPower Crocs - $4,800

Let’s assume Alpinestars doesn’t support the sport and RynoPower does, and he makes a bold claim that the holes in the Crocs make you faster by allowing air to pass through which reduces drag compared to a solid boot. Are you going to pay 8x more to go ride in Crocs for the sake of supporting the sport? Because based on price per gram of protein, RynoPower is literally 8x the cost of the stuff I use and isn’t of the same quality. If it were apples to apples on quality, and 1.5x, hell maybe even twice as much as the stuff I use, I would absolutely support him and the sport.

In the end, the best bet is to just educate yourself on nutrition and the common ingredients in these supplements. I’m promise it isn’t as complex as the diet and supplement industry wants you to think. Stop listening to supplement manufacturers and falling trap to their marketing. This applies to all of them, moto-related or not, and certainly not just Ryno, so again apologies if it seemed like I was shitting on him. Good luck!
Handy_andy_85
Fantasy
1353rd
8/10/2020 11:39am
I have never tried Arma but I will say that in my experience the past 2 seasons, Ryno Power has worked really well. I stick to the hydration powder with endurance and motivation capsules before a moto, bike ride or gym. Then follow it up with the recovery capsules after. I am riding and training more so that I am sure is part of my improvement. I really just like the simplicity of the program and knowing that I can stick to it.
sandtrack315
8/10/2020 12:11pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I wouldn’t buy anything at GNC either. I’m not shitting on Ryno, so my apologies if it came off that way. His products were merely an...
I wouldn’t buy anything at GNC either. I’m not shitting on Ryno, so my apologies if it came off that way. His products were merely an example of 99% of the supplement industry. All these companies charge premium prices for subpar products with bold claims in an attempt to prey on people’s need for the next “miracle in a bottle.” I just hate seeing people do the same stuff I did when I was younger and piss their money away, because it’s really not that complex.

Also, I’m all for supporting the sport, but to what point? As an example, let’s say your boots are worn and you need some new ones. Your choices are:
RynoPower Crocs - $4,800

Let’s assume Alpinestars doesn’t support the sport and RynoPower does, and he makes a bold claim that the holes in the Crocs make you faster by allowing air to pass through which reduces drag compared to a solid boot. Are you going to pay 8x more to go ride in Crocs for the sake of supporting the sport? Because based on price per gram of protein, RynoPower is literally 8x the cost of the stuff I use and isn’t of the same quality. If it were apples to apples on quality, and 1.5x, hell maybe even twice as much as the stuff I use, I would absolutely support him and the sport.

In the end, the best bet is to just educate yourself on nutrition and the common ingredients in these supplements. I’m promise it isn’t as complex as the diet and supplement industry wants you to think. Stop listening to supplement manufacturers and falling trap to their marketing. This applies to all of them, moto-related or not, and certainly not just Ryno, so again apologies if it seemed like I was shitting on him. Good luck!
What do you use that's comparable to the RynoPower motivation and hydration stuff?
SEE ARE125
8/10/2020 12:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/10/2020 2:32pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I wouldn’t buy anything at GNC either. I’m not shitting on Ryno, so my apologies if it came off that way. His products were merely an...

RynoPower Crocs - $4,800

What do you use that's comparable to the RynoPower motivation and hydration stuff?
I don’t use any products similar to those, the ones I use are more similar to his Gladiator and his protein. I can look at those two products and give you a rundown though.

Most of his products have the right ingredients, they’re just under dosed or hidden behind proprietary blends so that you don’t know how much of each ingredient you’re actually getting. I guess that’s my biggest frustration, not just with his products, but 99% of the supplement industry, is the lack of transparency about what’s actually in the bag/bottle.

EDIT; Hydration: Looked over the Hydration mix and to simplify it, it’s basically sugared saltwater with a few other ingredients thrown in. 333mg of sodium, and 40g of carbs from the glucose polymers and sugar. But it does have 2.5g of L-Glutamine and some BCAAs added which is nice, but not necessary. Again, the BCAAs are a “blend” so you don’t know how much of each you are getting, and those BCAAs are found in most protein supplements which is why I said they aren’t necessary(if you’re taking a protein supplement). I would say a similar product would be Skratch Labs Hydration mix. It has slightly more sodium, less carbs/sugar, and doesn’t have the BCAAs. But it’s also half the price($20 vs $40) for the same number of servings(20) and it’s ranked #1 on labdoor.com with a 96.2 out of 100. With that said, you’ll never find two supplements whose ingredients list perfectly line up with each other, it’s a give and take. For $20, I’d give the Skratch Labs a try and see how it stacks up. If you don’t feel it’s as good, go back to RynoPower.

EDIT 2; Motivation: Caffeine from the guarana and then more caffeine for around 215mg of total caffeine. Whether or not this is effective depends on your caffeine tolerance. It does have some L-Tyrosine which increases dopamine and reduces stress, slightly under dosed but close enough. L-theanine is only 50g which IMO it should have more of. It goes great with caffeine, the caffeine gives you energy and the theanine sort of mellows it out and takes the edge off so you’re not jittery and feeling all over the place. Taurine is good for mental alertness, but again a little under dosed. Really I don’t have any suggestions for comparable products with this one. It appears to be in line with a lot of “focus” supplements like FocusFactor, etc, but I don’t have much experience with those. You could look at other “focus” type supplements and compare ingredients or you could probably buy the caffeine, l-tyrosine, and l-theanine separately for a lot cheaper, but then you have the inconvenience of taking multiple different pills. Motivation is $25 for 30 servings, and if you’re only taking it before riding it should last a while so it’s not a huge expense. If you’re happy with it I’d stick with it!
TSCHAM101
8/10/2020 5:04pm
AxlBundy wrote:
You can still buy Primatine/Bronkaid tablets at the pharmacy almost everywhere behind the counter. The real true performance enhancer was the ECA stack. Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin...
You can still buy Primatine/Bronkaid tablets at the pharmacy almost everywhere behind the counter.

The real true performance enhancer was the ECA stack. Ephedrine, Caffeine, Aspirin. Make your own. Everything has sucked since the Stacker 2's ect were banned

Or if you're a true speed freak, adderall, or phentermine.

its also a good way to cause a heart attack in an adrenaline driven sport...

But its a great Cardio aid when you are training.. dont have to work as hard to get the heart rate up..

Post a reply to: arma or ryno power

The Latest