become a motocross sponsor

mx 219
Fantasy
857th
If one had a business and wanted to sink some money in helping sponsor a team (larger team), how much are we talking? I'm not asking how much to be the title sponsor, but a sponsor none-the-less.

|
EngIceDave
6/20/2018 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2018 3:46pm
HI! HOW ARE YOU?

In answer to your question.....

1. Make a good product
1 a. Make a product good enough the factories accept and will use

2, Racing ain't free. If you're product is good enough, it still cost money. Sponsorship at pro level ain't free. But at same time, teams won't junk and if it meets standards, they won't publicize for free.

You got the goods? Then you need the money.
mwssquad827
6/20/2018 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 6/20/2018 4:06pm
Cool... soooo how much?
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
6/20/2018 5:32pm
EngIceDave wrote:
HI! HOW ARE YOU? In answer to your question..... 1. Make a good product 1 a. Make a product good enough the factories accept and will...
HI! HOW ARE YOU?

In answer to your question.....

1. Make a good product
1 a. Make a product good enough the factories accept and will use

2, Racing ain't free. If you're product is good enough, it still cost money. Sponsorship at pro level ain't free. But at same time, teams won't junk and if it meets standards, they won't publicize for free.

You got the goods? Then you need the money.
And for an outside of the industry/non moto product?

I'm not worried about selling a moto product per se, just supporting the sport.
kkawboy14
6/20/2018 6:07pm
Starting with a sticker on their fender, $50,000 a year

The Shop

HusqFan3
6/20/2018 6:16pm
If you’re really in it to help the sport, sponsor a privateer. They’re the ones who need it, not the big outfits.
Dtat720
6/20/2018 6:20pm
Most teams have a website with a link to answer those questions. Ive seen rates from $2500 a season for one spot on a bike, to $50,000 for mid level spots on bikes, gear, pit area and any pr printing.

Point is, any amount helps, all depends on what exposure you seek
ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/20/2018 6:32pm
While some will point towards sponsoring a privateer I would suggest to weigh both teams and individual riders. Team sponsorship can offer more in personal returns, such as VIP experiences, meeting riders, learning more about their setup and equipment, maybe some other sponsor goodies etc. basically it’s your money and if you’re looking for a cool experience it can be fun to associate with a legit operation.
TymeMoto
6/21/2018 9:09am
From the team’s perspective, I am honestly not sure why some of the privateer teams don’t think outside the box a little bit more when it comes to sponsorships. It seems like securing a title sponsor would be a difficult sales pitch given the lofty investment with (very limited return in a lot of cases).

Why haven’t any of the smaller teams put together limited sponsorship programs for a few races at a time? If done on a regional level it’s a creative way to get our sport some exposure to non-industry businesses.

The basic idea would be for a team to garner 4-6 sponsorships in place of one title sponsor. The team could run that company’s logo on their jersey/fender/etc. throughout the course of the entire season, but for a select number of races the company would be featured as the most visible sponsor on the shroud/helmet/etc.

This is where the regional aspect comes into play. If a company is based near a city where there is a race then that’d be one of the races that they would be featured as the most prominent sponsor. Taking it a step further and inviting a few people from the company to your rig/pit area for a VIP experience before the race as well as including a few tickets for the company to give to their employees would be a great way to get the sponsors more involved and at a lower cost.

The model would essentially enhance the sponsor experience while lowering the cost of the sponsorship. At the same time the team is able to form relationships with multiple “title” sponsors which benefits them in the event that one of the companies decides that they want to become a full title sponsor down the road. Additionally, if one or two of the sponsors leave after the season you still have multiple other companies to approach in regards to increasing their sponsorship.
Beeby
6/21/2018 9:13am
Sir, your PM's are about to explode
Broughton859
6/21/2018 11:42am
TymeMoto wrote:
From the team’s perspective, I am honestly not sure why some of the privateer teams don’t think outside the box a little bit more when it...
From the team’s perspective, I am honestly not sure why some of the privateer teams don’t think outside the box a little bit more when it comes to sponsorships. It seems like securing a title sponsor would be a difficult sales pitch given the lofty investment with (very limited return in a lot of cases).

Why haven’t any of the smaller teams put together limited sponsorship programs for a few races at a time? If done on a regional level it’s a creative way to get our sport some exposure to non-industry businesses.

The basic idea would be for a team to garner 4-6 sponsorships in place of one title sponsor. The team could run that company’s logo on their jersey/fender/etc. throughout the course of the entire season, but for a select number of races the company would be featured as the most visible sponsor on the shroud/helmet/etc.

This is where the regional aspect comes into play. If a company is based near a city where there is a race then that’d be one of the races that they would be featured as the most prominent sponsor. Taking it a step further and inviting a few people from the company to your rig/pit area for a VIP experience before the race as well as including a few tickets for the company to give to their employees would be a great way to get the sponsors more involved and at a lower cost.

The model would essentially enhance the sponsor experience while lowering the cost of the sponsorship. At the same time the team is able to form relationships with multiple “title” sponsors which benefits them in the event that one of the companies decides that they want to become a full title sponsor down the road. Additionally, if one or two of the sponsors leave after the season you still have multiple other companies to approach in regards to increasing their sponsorship.
Road Racer Kyle Wyman does that exact same thing. For example: http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/?query=kyle%20wyman%20sponsor&s=0 His latest one is from Cycle Gear. Doesn't AJ Catanzaro do the same thing? Basically different title sponsors at different races. Hell, I think LCR Honda even does it in Moto GP split title sponsors between Givi and Rizoma
ezraniord
6/23/2018 7:31pm Edited Date/Time 6/23/2018 7:35pm
Sponsor me.. 2 Honda 450s at NW races every weekend in the A class. We have a 5th wheel race trailer and whatnot . DM me
PastranaWho
6/23/2018 7:38pm
Ever wanted to be part of the Grand Prix scene, involved in watching a rider you sponsor and support them, not just in terms of applause, but also financially. Now is your chance. The Lithuanian giant, Arminas Jasikonis, who had the misfortune of being involved in the Suzuki factory dissolving, could do with some support and has come up with a brilliant concept.

The AJ27 Partner program offers potential sponsors the opportunity to live the MXGP experience with Arminas at a very reasonable price. For a minimal sum of €950 you get to choose one of the 20 stops on the MXGP calendar. Reservations will be on first come first serve basis.

Your company logo will be placed in an exclusive position on his race jersey and on the side panels of the motorcycle. Partners will also receive 2 entrance and paddock tickets which will give you access to Arminas and his team VIP hospitality during the MXGP weekend. And to top it all off, you get to keep his signed AXO race jersey after the event.

€950 Package includes:

1 x Logo placement on Jasikonis race jersey which becomes yours at the end of race day.

2 x Entrance and paddock tickets

2 x Team Honda Assomotor VIP hospitality entrance.

Your company social media tags and mentions in the lead up to the MXGP including MXGP weekend

Find out more information at www.jasikonis.com. So if you want to be involved at Matterley Basin in a weeks time, or any other MXGP event, then get on over and support this amazing talent.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/23/2018 7:49pm
We had a friend who is a electrician. He handed a pretty well supported rider a check and a sticker with his business to stick in the fender. He basically paid for all access passes to the races for several seasons. The rider loved it as it was much needed cash in his pocket, the friend loved it as he was in the pits at all the races and eating under the tents, track walks etc

Just goes to show you don’t even need a product to offer sponsorship to a rider
8/5/2019 9:50am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2019 11:53am
SGB Racing is looking for sponsors. they are out of Maryland. Jason who owns SGB says it will cost about $200,000 to put the team through supercross for next year 2020.(2 450 riders and 1 amature rider) He says, obviously no single sponsor covers the total funds needed to race the team but every bit helps in any denomination.
https://www.sgb-racing.com/
https://www.facebook.com/SGBRacingLLC/
SGB 2020 SPonsor Proposal
https://indd.adobe.com/view/5a30470e-d23f-4432-bef0-11ab479555ea
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
8/5/2019 10:08am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2019 10:10am
mx 219 wrote:
If one had a business and wanted to sink some money in helping sponsor a team (larger team), how much are we talking? I'm not asking...
If one had a business and wanted to sink some money in helping sponsor a team (larger team), how much are we talking? I'm not asking how much to be the title sponsor, but a sponsor none-the-less.

Started the following thread in 2017. Click the links in my original post and you'll have a better idea of what sponsorship costs for a bigger team.

Edit: Just saw it's an old post but nonetheless if you're still wondering it should help you out.
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
8/5/2019 11:49am
MX 219 - did you take the plunge? Would be great to hear how your experience was.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
8/5/2019 12:02pm
Spat24 wrote:
MX 219 - did you take the plunge? Would be great to hear how your experience was.
No, i did not.

I would still love to at some point though.
roninho
8/5/2019 12:10pm
HusqFan3 wrote:
If you’re really in it to help the sport, sponsor a privateer. They’re the ones who need it, not the big outfits.
If you want to help the sport i would suggest setting up a youth introduction type of sponsorship at the outdoors/SX. Don't know if it's allready at these events, but a bunch of pw50's that kids can do a small lap on. Or set it up at the local clubs.

Post a reply to: become a motocross sponsor

The Latest