confirmed - bruised shoulder for tomac

The Candyman
1/8/2018 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 5:21pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Dungey, breaks his neck and finishes his moto.

Tomac, bruises his shoulder, ties up his pants, pulls out of the race.
APLMAN99 wrote:
C'mon, Mav. You're much smarter than this! I understand Tomac haters trying to diminish what sort of injury or pain that Tomac might have suffered by...
C'mon, Mav. You're much smarter than this!

I understand Tomac haters trying to diminish what sort of injury or pain that Tomac might have suffered by referring to it as just a "bruise", but not the normally rational folks like yourself.

For what it's worth, I have a good friend who's been confined to a chair for over 16 years because of a "bruise".....
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm not a Tomac hater and don't try and give me that speech. Here's another example. Cianciarulo, shoulder pops out of socket, sits on a tuff...
I'm not a Tomac hater and don't try and give me that speech.

Here's another example.

Cianciarulo, shoulder pops out of socket, sits on a tuff block, medical crew pops it back in place, tries to finish the race.

I don't use it much but...just sayin'.
Like I said in another thread I've seen D class riders get up and finish with broken bones for nothing, but everyone is different. However, Tomac didn't come this far for nothing and will show heart for sure. So i think both y'all are right.
Bradj70
1/8/2018 5:41pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
I'm a big Tomac fan and the severity of the pain could have been much more than we think, but these are the types of things...
I'm a big Tomac fan and the severity of the pain could have been much more than we think, but these are the types of things that will keep him from becoming one of the "greats". Does anyone honestly think RC, RV, or RD would've pulled off? Hell those guys would've probably got back up and podiumed with or without pants. I just don't see that "fighter" attitude in Tomac at all. That being said I'm happy he will be able to race. I expect him to go on a tear just like last year. If he proved anything at A1 it's that he is still the fastest guy on the track. Unfortunately he also proved that he's still the most inconsistent as well.
shuggs wrote:
Remember the MC interview about 96 season when he said he should have kept going just to get some points??
YES ^^^^ but i really really don't think Tomac pulled off due to his bruised "ego" I'm willing to bet his shoulder is hurt more then we will know, i don't think teams will let on the severity of and injury if the rider is wanting to compete with it as to not give the competitors a mental advantage. I think Tomac is hurt, he's got jacked up shoulders from colorodo was unable to continue due to the pain but i think he wants to continue to Houston not healed and keep his title chances alive and for that reason they are just saying "bruised". WOW thats alot of thoughts i just had Smile

remember last year Cooper sat out for a "bruised" shoulder i think like 2 rounds?
Rob_Heal
1/8/2018 6:19pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
I'm a big Tomac fan and the severity of the pain could have been much more than we think, but these are the types of things...
I'm a big Tomac fan and the severity of the pain could have been much more than we think, but these are the types of things that will keep him from becoming one of the "greats". Does anyone honestly think RC, RV, or RD would've pulled off? Hell those guys would've probably got back up and podiumed with or without pants. I just don't see that "fighter" attitude in Tomac at all. That being said I'm happy he will be able to race. I expect him to go on a tear just like last year. If he proved anything at A1 it's that he is still the fastest guy on the track. Unfortunately he also proved that he's still the most inconsistent as well.
shuggs wrote:
Remember the MC interview about 96 season when he said he should have kept going just to get some points??
Bradj70 wrote:
YES ^^^^ but i really really don't think Tomac pulled off due to his bruised "ego" I'm willing to bet his shoulder is hurt more then...
YES ^^^^ but i really really don't think Tomac pulled off due to his bruised "ego" I'm willing to bet his shoulder is hurt more then we will know, i don't think teams will let on the severity of and injury if the rider is wanting to compete with it as to not give the competitors a mental advantage. I think Tomac is hurt, he's got jacked up shoulders from colorodo was unable to continue due to the pain but i think he wants to continue to Houston not healed and keep his title chances alive and for that reason they are just saying "bruised". WOW thats alot of thoughts i just had Smile

remember last year Cooper sat out for a "bruised" shoulder i think like 2 rounds?
Maybe his pants were fucked before his crash.
swtwtwtw
1/8/2018 7:47pm
Maybe he has been concussed more often than we know. I say that because he was awfully wobbly after his MEC get-off. He did seem out of sorts trying get his pants buckled. Perhaps the shoulder is a convenient press release.

The Shop

Johnny Depp
1/8/2018 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 7:50pm
Rob you joined to post that? OK, I'll go with you, did they maybe cause it?
Johnny Depp
1/8/2018 7:53pm
swtwtwtw wrote:
Maybe he has been concussed more often than we know. I say that because he was awfully wobbly after his MEC get-off. He did seem out...
Maybe he has been concussed more often than we know. I say that because he was awfully wobbly after his MEC get-off. He did seem out of sorts trying get his pants buckled. Perhaps the shoulder is a convenient press release.
It's a dirty little secret around this sport that very few get. The press release is cover, just like the bike's have "electrical problems" Unsure
Bineano
1/8/2018 9:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 9:15pm
Rob_Heal wrote:
Maybe his pants were fucked before his crash.
That was my thoughts too. If the crash caused the buckle to break, I doubt his fly would be at the bottom instantly like that. Just speculating, but I’m thinking the last couple of laps his pant were falling down...causing the crash (focus).

I realize the scenario...just keep racing like there is nothing wrong. I get that. Sometimes when your bike/body/gear isn’t working right, you trudge on and take the Gold. But SOMETIMES, you crash and wipe your season/career out too. It’s a gamble I’m sure went through Eli’s mind... he elected to pull out.
Injury, bike, pants, whatevs....I hope he is back next week and we have the best SX racing possible!

PTshox
1/8/2018 9:49pm
My thoughts are something is going on with Tomac that we don't know about and are not being told about. He could be nursing a bad shoulder from an off season crash and this event just made it worse.. or some other injury is/has been present.

Certainly, from the outside, just pulling off like that... after that crash... doesn't add up at all. Moto is a tough sport and these guys are a lot tougher then what he, on the surface, showed after that crash at A1. It just doesn't add up. It makes no sense. He had ZERO fight in him after that crash to finish and get a few points. That is not typical behavior from a guy that lost a championship by a few points (he knows the value of 2-3 points).... He's come way to far in this sport to not have fight in him to win. So, I think, something else is certainly going on. His dad didn't raise a wimp! I think we should be patient and see what comes out over the next few weeks.

My 3 cents.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
1/8/2018 9:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 9:50pm
Well at least he didn't pull over because of blisters.
tek14
1/8/2018 11:08pm
One problem solved.

1/9/2018 1:27am
it was a strange one, especially after MEC and the no show for des nations
definitely no Pontiac 2002
JB 19
1/9/2018 4:43am
It's a conspiracy. Eli darted himself into the dirt and pulled off so that he could ride the rest of the series in come back mode with no pressure. Whistling
TopJolr
1/9/2018 5:19am
in the replay you can see him struggling to get the pant strap in the clip - he was either stressing his tits off or he had rang his bell so hard he couldn't do a simple thing like that. Im 99% sure it was the former and he just freaked out - his DNF was mental and I dont really believe he was actually in a lot of pain- he began to ride with his one arm off the bars, rolling jumps etc only after trying to get going and realizing after a few turns he was gonna moon half the stadium...
aees
1/9/2018 5:31am
He also smashed his head pretty hard and looks a bit unstable getting up. So maybe not much of a shoulder injury but more concussion and they dont want to say anything due to the official tests that then should take place. If he had top sit out next week, his chances are zero for a title...
walleyeguy
1/9/2018 5:31am
Im rooting for Tomac and only he knows how he felt so this is no "bash" on him but I'm surprised nobody has brought up the Dean Wilson "mooning" from a few years back. I think it was Dean anyway. He rode around with at least half his ass hanging out.
Bradj70
1/9/2018 7:53pm
aees wrote:
He also smashed his head pretty hard and looks a bit unstable getting up. So maybe not much of a shoulder injury but more concussion and...
He also smashed his head pretty hard and looks a bit unstable getting up. So maybe not much of a shoulder injury but more concussion and they dont want to say anything due to the official tests that then should take place. If he had top sit out next week, his chances are zero for a title...
hmmmm.....i like this conspiracy theory the best! maybe the shoulder is a cover up for concussion? that would be a tricky move on his teams part though and definitely put his long term health at risk, riding with a concussion and all that. either way it seems we will see him in H-town so i hope he has a better night there.
swatdoc
1/9/2018 8:05pm
Maybe he was riding commando, and was terrified his "shortcomings" would be displayed on national TV to millions!!
KDXGarage
1/9/2018 8:32pm
You guys are some of the toughest guys in the world.
It's like a room full of former Chuck Norris clones in here.
nytsmaC
1/9/2018 9:45pm Edited Date/Time 1/9/2018 9:55pm
I see a lot of keyboard commandos here who have never had a serious shoulder injury before.
Why’s it so hard to believe that after trying to shake it off and the pain setting in he thought he’d wrecked it again? I’m sure he was seriously gutted. right up until he got the good news that it’s only a contusion.
drt410
1/9/2018 10:05pm
Juice_Mann wrote:
Mcgrath actually did a recent interview where he said his 1 regret over his incredible career was a race he crashed and his ego got to him and he didnt wanna ride around in 15th so he pulled off cuz in his young mind he was above that. Then he lost the mx championship to emig by like 3 points. He wishes he just gutted it out finished and salvaged some points but his ego made him pull off cuz at that young age he thought he was above that. Unless your physicalky incapable of finishing you finish. I was very disappointed in tomac. Even though he was last he still could have finished top 15 thats what champions do. He still has a lot of growing up to do and humbling coming his way. The pieces are there he just needs to leave his ego behind and ride champioship racing. You win on your bad days.
1/9/2018 10:51pm
I still can't believe he pulled off. Next time I won't be shocked.
APLMAN99
1/13/2018 9:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Dungey, breaks his neck and finishes his moto.

Tomac, bruises his shoulder, ties up his pants, pulls out of the race.
downard254 wrote:
Don’t forget the Dunge racing a close 2nd to RV, I think maybe St. Louis 2012 with a broken collar bone.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Totally forgot about that. Some people just want it more. If Tomac was indeed dizzy/concussed then pulling out of the race was the right call because...
Totally forgot about that. Some people just want it more.

If Tomac was indeed dizzy/concussed then pulling out of the race was the right call because head injuries are no joke. I didn't see anything mentioned about that from the Tomac camp. I might of missed it. But if it was simply the shoulder and pants, I don't get it.
So Marvin only had the shoulder this week, not the pants. Where's your outrage at him not trying to even finish his heat or trying the LCQ?

Cool

Post a reply to: confirmed - bruised shoulder for tomac

The Latest