crank works in tempe az any good?

bad juju
Edited Date/Time 9/28/2019 3:45am
like the title says, any of you guys used them and were you happy with the crank afterwards, thanks..
|
BobPA
9/25/2019 12:19pm
Used them for a few jet ski cranks. I absolutely recommend them.

Have a friend who just had three jet ski cranks repaired by them. They seem to be top notch.
rob162
9/25/2019 2:27pm
I use to work there when i lived in Arizona. They do alot of crank work and rebuilds for alot of factory and factory support teams.They are great guys. Phil runs a top notch facility, they can build you a damn near bullet proof crank. That shop is the best in the business.

Don't know what bike you have but spend a little extra and have them balance it (you may need to send your piston in if its not stock) and weld the pin. If you need a new rod. Buy their in house pro rod. I was there for the R&D for it. It's ran in quite a few factory and privateer bikes and has a few sx and as titles to it. I put that rod in my massivly built up 08 kx270 big bore has a touch over 100 hours on the rod itself I've rebuilt the crank twice threw new bearing in and it's been fine.
Kyle978
9/25/2019 3:24pm
They are the best of the best available in the sport. You’d be shocked how many bikes at an SX are using their bottom ends.

The Shop

bad juju
9/25/2019 4:09pm
Thanks, i have s nos rod kit for an 84 kx125 I'm going to use. Eric gorr is doing the motor and suggested them. Its a vmx bike and parts are a pain to source sometimes. Thanks everyone👍
Ted722
9/25/2019 4:28pm
I had Eric Gorr’s KX310 2-stroke (started as an ‘01 KX250) for a few years. 74mm piston.

Went it came time to refresh, I asked about a 327. He recommended sending the piston/crank etc to CrankWorks and they balanced and took stroke to 76mm. That was 15 years ago.

It ran great and still does. Friend has it now and enjoys taking his sons to the ohv park year round on his KX327 green sticker bike.
9/25/2019 5:13pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2019 5:15pm
I sent my 06 crf250 to crank works, very impressed with there shop, service, and how they sent the crank back.

I had them lighten, polish, rebuild this one.

DL
9/27/2019 10:57pm
rob162 wrote:
I use to work there when i lived in Arizona. They do alot of crank work and rebuilds for alot of factory and factory support teams.They...
I use to work there when i lived in Arizona. They do alot of crank work and rebuilds for alot of factory and factory support teams.They are great guys. Phil runs a top notch facility, they can build you a damn near bullet proof crank. That shop is the best in the business.

Don't know what bike you have but spend a little extra and have them balance it (you may need to send your piston in if its not stock) and weld the pin. If you need a new rod. Buy their in house pro rod. I was there for the R&D for it. It's ran in quite a few factory and privateer bikes and has a few sx and as titles to it. I put that rod in my massivly built up 08 kx270 big bore has a touch over 100 hours on the rod itself I've rebuilt the crank twice threw new bearing in and it's been fine.
X3
walent215
9/28/2019 3:45am
rob162 wrote:
I use to work there when i lived in Arizona. They do alot of crank work and rebuilds for alot of factory and factory support teams.They...

Rebuilt with new pins twice or are you saying put new main bearings in?

Post a reply to: crank works in tempe az any good?

The Latest