fridays, Lommel at its best according to Glen Coldenhoff

line-up
7/28/2017 2:19pm
|
RangerLee
7/28/2017 2:42pm
If you look closely when the sun is in the right position you can still see Barcia's bike stuck in the sand!
7/28/2017 2:43pm
track is going to be totally different with upcoming MXGP , just read an article ( in dutch)
Basically they race the other way around with some modifications to the track , so this time its a new track
for all of the riders ..going to be interesting
ATKpilot99
7/28/2017 3:22pm
RangerLee wrote:
If you look closely when the sun is in the right position you can still see Barcia's bike stuck in the sand!
Smile
Robgvx
7/28/2017 4:16pm
I can't imagine being a beginner in Belgium and Holland. How the hell do you learn to ride a bike in that stuff?

The Shop

JoeBaloe
7/29/2017 4:30am
Robgvx wrote:
I can't imagine being a beginner in Belgium and Holland. How the hell do you learn to ride a bike in that stuff?
Well, when i bought my first bike at the age of 21. The first track i rode was Lommel. I remember the first thing i thought when i reached the first turn. Ooooww boy, what the hell have i bought
Robgvx
7/29/2017 5:07am
Hate riding it. Love watching it.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
7/29/2017 6:15am
Robgvx wrote:
I remember going the first time to italy as a beginner. The sand there is nothing compared to holland or Belgium but still I crashed like 3 times a lap. You just can't go slow. The more cautious you ride the more often you crash Pinch
jemcee
7/29/2017 6:38am
Robgvx wrote:
Hate riding it. Love watching it.
Haha this 100%

My brain process when riding it used to be gonnacrashgonnacrashalmostcrashedgonnacrash almostcrashedgonnacrashgonnacrash gonnacrashgonnacrashgonnacrashgonnacrash
Bearuno
7/29/2017 6:51am Edited Date/Time 7/29/2017 1:20pm
It's said that SX is all about precision and timing.

A place like Lommel is that X 100, under constantly, violently changing conditions, with the addition of wide open throttle brutality.

It' is the most violent beauty I can think of, to watch riders on that track.

Those that have never been there, need to pull your bloody fingers out and go to the "sand pit in an industrial area". Just Google map it, and you'll see what I am referring to.
7/29/2017 6:54am
Robgvx wrote:
Tracks here usually aren't that rough on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, especially early on the day. On other days they just leave the tracks unprepped and really rough for the pros. And some tracks have 15 minutes of each hour where the track is only allowed for kids up to 85cc to ride so beginners can ride with them.

On the other hand, I know my way around sand tracks, but in this stuff seen here, I will look like it's my first time out there.
7/29/2017 8:49am
Love riding in these type conditions, all about getting a nice flow rather than pushing to hard. Practice track in France called Dunkirk (you've probably heard of the place) is a favourite.
7/29/2017 10:01am
Robgvx wrote:
You just get used to it since such a big part of the tracks around here are this type. Most of the tracks get "flattened" every time they open up so they aren't that hard and brutal. (they do get bruta late in the day and sometimes they will keep them ganrly for a few days) Generaly you can ride on the big tracks starting from a 85cc bike.

---
I'm hyped up about Lommel next week! Track will be different from previous years so that'll be interesting. Hoping on some succes by Belgian & Dutch riders!
wildbill
7/29/2017 10:03am
That's pretty cool. He's just torquing around having fun.
Bearuno
7/29/2017 11:10am
I"m pretty sure Robgvx knows a bit about sand riding - though, knowing how doesn't mean you won't hate it - you don't get 9th in the 86(?) 500 WC without being 'competent' in the sand.

One of the best moments in the Duke Marketing 500 GP collection of 85 - 90 is during a Kurt Nichol interview. He was talking about the sand, and how there were so many Dutch riders you'd never heard of, being so bloody fast in it.
Robgvx
7/29/2017 11:36am
Bearuno wrote:
I"m pretty sure Robgvx knows a bit about sand riding - though, knowing how doesn't mean you won't hate it - you don't get 9th in...
I"m pretty sure Robgvx knows a bit about sand riding - though, knowing how doesn't mean you won't hate it - you don't get 9th in the 86(?) 500 WC without being 'competent' in the sand.

One of the best moments in the Duke Marketing 500 GP collection of 85 - 90 is during a Kurt Nichol interview. He was talking about the sand, and how there were so many Dutch riders you'd never heard of, being so bloody fast in it.
It's all about practice. There were times I rode it well, but only after practising for days beforehand.

Prntscrn
7/29/2017 11:54am
Love riding in these type conditions, all about getting a nice flow rather than pushing to hard. Practice track in France called Dunkirk (you've probably heard...
Love riding in these type conditions, all about getting a nice flow rather than pushing to hard. Practice track in France called Dunkirk (you've probably heard of the place) is a favourite.
Agree! Once you manage to find the flow there is nothing better. Riding it with that kind of flow must be like heaven
7/29/2017 12:44pm Edited Date/Time 7/29/2017 12:45pm
RangerLee wrote:
7/29/2017 2:01pm
You just get used to it since such a big part of the tracks around here are this type. Most of the tracks get "flattened" every...
You just get used to it since such a big part of the tracks around here are this type. Most of the tracks get "flattened" every time they open up so they aren't that hard and brutal. (they do get bruta late in the day and sometimes they will keep them ganrly for a few days) Generaly you can ride on the big tracks starting from a 85cc bike.

---
I'm hyped up about Lommel next week! Track will be different from previous years so that'll be interesting. Hoping on some succes by Belgian & Dutch riders!
Sidecar
7/29/2017 2:04pm
Lommel will have needed A LOT of work the past few weeks... The Belgian sidecar GP was there a couple of weeks ago....
David934
8/1/2017 3:53am
Robgvx wrote:
JoeBaloe wrote:
Well, when i bought my first bike at the age of 21. The first track i rode was Lommel. I remember the first thing i thought...
Well, when i bought my first bike at the age of 21. The first track i rode was Lommel. I remember the first thing i thought when i reached the first turn. Ooooww boy, what the hell have i bought
Tongue ohh, not good choice for first ride!!!

Post a reply to: fridays, Lommel at its best according to Glen Coldenhoff

The Latest