from some very "inside" people at the sx races

BobbyM
4/19/2010 7:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 8:26pm
many...many riders are pissed off that the track wasn't "fixed" after reed told them wtf to do. nother good reason why a vocal rider voice with a board position should be reality instead of a pipe dream.

lotta buzz going on...not just because tedesco and rv almost got killed.
|
MXR
4/19/2010 7:58pm
Bobby these asswipes won't do anything untill someone gets killed and then it will be too late .
TeamGreen
4/19/2010 8:00pm
BobbyM wrote:
many...many riders are pissed off that the track wasn't "fixed" after reed told them wtf to do. nother good reason why a vocal rider voice with...
many...many riders are pissed off that the track wasn't "fixed" after reed told them wtf to do. nother good reason why a vocal rider voice with a board position should be reality instead of a pipe dream.

The Raod Race guys cover this issue pretty well...and...they get listened to.

RV needs to head up the Riders Safety Board.

I'm jus' sayin'...
MXR
4/19/2010 8:03pm
SX tracks CAN be made to be SAFER and still EXCITING for the fan sitting in the seats .
Trent179
4/19/2010 8:08pm
MXR wrote:
SX tracks CAN be made to be SAFER and still EXCITING for the fan sitting in the seats .
AgreedWink

The Shop

VEGAS711
4/19/2010 8:10pm
BobbyM wrote:
many...many riders are pissed off that the track wasn't "fixed" after reed told them wtf to do. nother good reason why a vocal rider voice with...

Dinner and homework done now? Wink
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
4/19/2010 8:11pm
MXR wrote:
Some moron will be along any second to say

"Dood!?!? It's a danjeruhs spoart! Separaits the men from the bohuyz! Go big or go home! About a meellion guys jumped that same jump about a meellion tahmz without hurtin themselfz. It's there oawn dahumned fault they got thesselves busted up".
purpleNurple
4/19/2010 8:15pm
I just hope the true concern is for rider safety not dollars and cents. We may be seeing the answer to that i guess
pilotdude
4/19/2010 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:16pm
If I was Kawasaki, I would be beyond anger and into actions. Actions that would make the person or persons responsible for ignoring Reed's warning pay. He is one of the most experienced and successfull supercross riders of all time and went the extra mile to point out an obvious and extremely dangerous situation.

He was ignored. Two riders almost died because of it and the championship is now over with 3 rounds to go.

The fans lost, the sport lost, and Ryan Villopoto and Ivan Tedesco, two of our favorite and fastest riders lost huge.

Bobby, I hope that these "very inside" people take some VERY strong actions against those responsible for ignoring that warning and that they are made to pay.

Fucking big time.

And the next time the riders say JUMP on a safety issue, whoever the hell is in charge better say, "How high sir?!"
roguemx
4/19/2010 8:23pm
MXR wrote:
Bobby these asswipes won't do anything untill someone gets killed and then it will be too late .
Jason Ciarletta? He died and still no one did anything.
VEGAS711
4/19/2010 8:26pm
Every week at the riders meeting the official makes a statement that the rider is responsible to look at the track and see if they feel it is safe. The rider needs to make the decision to ride or not depending on if they feel the track is safe to ride. Wink
mx918
4/19/2010 8:29pm
From a rider's point of view, I thought the ruts and peaked jumps were sketchy and unnecessary, and I wasn't even tripling out.

My bars and subframe will tell you the same thing as they both are sitting in the garbage right now because of that section....and like I said, I wasn't even tripling. I just barely clipped the double and the steep face of the single out didn't allow me to gain control.

It makes me mad that there were people voicing there opinions and nothing was getting done. I hope Dirtwurx and/or AMA feel guilty about their decision.
tatonka
4/19/2010 8:29pm
Amazing.............
500guy
4/19/2010 8:37pm
MXR wrote:
roguemx wrote:
Jason Ciarletta? He died and still no one did anything.
Not true. Jason is a big reason they did away with day time qualifiers.

He died on the start and by cutting those out they cut down dramatically on the risk involved on the starts.
wardy
4/19/2010 8:38pm
VEGAS711 wrote:
Every week at the riders meeting the official makes a statement that the rider is responsible to look at the track and see if they feel...
Every week at the riders meeting the official makes a statement that the rider is responsible to look at the track and see if they feel it is safe. The rider needs to make the decision to ride or not depending on if they feel the track is safe to ride. Wink
yep that is standard operating procedure.

how ever.

this is a PRO event. NOT amatuer. the riders who are there many are PAID to be there.

not much option on wether or not they are going to ride.

IRISH ED
4/19/2010 8:45pm
MXR wrote:
I agree. It is not good for your sport when the top guys are out hurt. Just like it is not good for the NFL to have to play a lot of backup QB's.

If you are part of the Outdoor Nationals with a track or Lucas or DC, that could not have been much fun to watch.
MXGooner
4/19/2010 9:05pm
BobbyM wrote:

It's scary to think that these riders have no input on what they're riding. At the local level, tracks are forced to change for rider safety. Why not the pro level?

That jump at Daytona had disaster written all over it. We're lucky, Langston was lucky enough to walk away from that one.

What man plays god in this crazy sport of ours?
Farva
4/19/2010 9:06pm
BobbyM wrote:

MXGooner wrote:
It's scary to think that these riders have no input on what they're riding. At the local level, tracks are forced to change for rider safety...

It's scary to think that these riders have no input on what they're riding. At the local level, tracks are forced to change for rider safety. Why not the pro level?

That jump at Daytona had disaster written all over it. We're lucky, Langston was lucky enough to walk away from that one.

What man plays god in this crazy sport of ours?
I swear they make some of the jumps like they do so people will crash.
Sandberm
4/19/2010 9:12pm
Perhaps with the championship already decided we might see a protest round?
Whitey
4/19/2010 9:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/19/2010 9:18pm
BobbyM wrote:

Any riders thinking of boycotting this week as a big fuck you to the system for not listening to an experienced rider voicing concern?

"With out us there is no show!" is all they have to say
MX Culture
4/19/2010 9:20pm
VEGAS711 wrote:
Every week at the riders meeting the official makes a statement that the rider is responsible to look at the track and see if they feel...
I bet if you went to the AMA after the track walk and said "I'm not riding, it's too dangerous", that they would probably laugh and you wouldn't get a refund.
Sandberm
4/19/2010 9:26pm
Reed seems like the obvious rider rep. Smart, charismatic, and tells it like it is. I think he could be "the guy" to get other riders to form a "union" if you will.
BobbyM
4/19/2010 9:29pm
Sandberm wrote:
Reed seems like the obvious rider rep. Smart, charismatic, and tells it like it is. I think he could be "the guy" to get other riders...
Reed seems like the obvious rider rep. Smart, charismatic, and tells it like it is. I think he could be "the guy" to get other riders to form a "union" if you will.
not a union but a collective racers/manufacturers voice...together. without one there is no other....
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
pilotdude wrote:
If I was Kawasaki, I would be beyond anger and into actions. Actions that would make the person or persons responsible for ignoring Reed's warning pay...
If I was Kawasaki, I would be beyond anger and into actions. Actions that would make the person or persons responsible for ignoring Reed's warning pay. He is one of the most experienced and successfull supercross riders of all time and went the extra mile to point out an obvious and extremely dangerous situation.

He was ignored. Two riders almost died because of it and the championship is now over with 3 rounds to go.

The fans lost, the sport lost, and Ryan Villopoto and Ivan Tedesco, two of our favorite and fastest riders lost huge.

Bobby, I hope that these "very inside" people take some VERY strong actions against those responsible for ignoring that warning and that they are made to pay.

Fucking big time.

And the next time the riders say JUMP on a safety issue, whoever the hell is in charge better say, "How high sir?!"
Sucks for Kawasaki. They invested more than anyone else (Reed and RV combined) and both riders ended up getting hurt. If I was a sponsor, you would have a hard time convincing me it was worth it.
FlaNard
BobbyM wrote:

Whitey wrote:
Any riders thinking of boycotting this week as a big fuck you to the system for not listening to an experienced rider voicing concern? "With out...
Any riders thinking of boycotting this week as a big fuck you to the system for not listening to an experienced rider voicing concern?

"With out us there is no show!" is all they have to say
It would send a message thats for sure. But hey, what the fuck do they know?
pilotdude
4/19/2010 9:40pm
I would support a rider boycott of one of the rounds 100% and I for one am NOT taking my family to Seattle to watch a supercross round in a championship that is over 3 rounds early due the outrageous arrogance and incompetence of the people running this "show".

Make them pay, and I mean pay hard.
Hank_Thrill
4/19/2010 9:43pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:16pm

Solution seems pretty simple to me: 1) tame down the tracks 2) No retarded jumps (like that triple) 3) put some restrictor plates , or something, on the 450s to slow them down (at least for Supercross). That or go back to 250 two-strokes, which ain't gonna happen!

Dirt Werx have had to accommodate the tracks to the four-strokes by making the gaps bigger (Rich Winkler, RacerX interview). If you tame back the bikes, the tracks will be tamed back as well. Racers will be able to race their hardest, as fast as the bike will allow, and since the bikes will be de-tuned, hopefully the speeds will be within safer riding limits.

pilotdude
4/19/2010 9:54pm
If this was a legal matter, the people who:

1 ignored a specific warning

2. from a top authority in the field

3. about a dangerous situation

4. which resulted in 2 totally unnecessary and preventable injuries

5. would probably go out of business after settling a massive lawsuit.

And I am no fan of lawyers. Sometimes you just have to say WHAT THE FUCK!?
Ozzy
4/19/2010 9:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:16pm
Reps, we don't need no stinkin reps!
Commonsense is what's needed.
No more no less.
But it's always the same call, as in no call at all.
And yeah it blows big time. Funny, the powers that be sure all look the part.
Shirts, hats, jackets, pretty official looking if you ask me, but that's all there is it seems.
Poor calls, poor rulings if even at all, & here again, nothing!
Was Reed right? Sure he was & is.
Racing's dangerous, that's a given.
When Champions speak you listen. If not get people who will.
No one, & I mean no one (track officials) walking around that track or others lately can really say anything . All they're supposed to do is listen, loud & clear. Why, you say! It's simple. If any on the sanctioning side or track building or promoting side can go bar to bar with say a Chad Reed, then ok then, but none are even in the same galaxy, in other words clearly not qualified to judge if a section or obstacle is dangerous or not.
Can the track builders always get it right? No.
Can the AMA/FIM crew always get it right? No.
Can the promoters always get it right? No.
Can they listen? Yes.
Should they listen? Yes.
To me, this is another example of bad everything.
No reason.
No excuse.
I blame all the blamable.
If I was an OEM, sending my highly paid guys out there to do battle in such conditions I'd be making some noise. Plenty of noise.
Mistakes are easy.
Problems do arise.
When such is noted & ignored, that's clearly a human thing, to ignore is human!
I'm bitter cause I know those guys, RV & Ivan. Even if I didn't their pain & suffering is on the hands of others.
They always seem to listen, fix, whatever after the fact.
Pro activeness is what, just a lost term!
Again, they were told.
Again, they were warned.
If these were kids, they'd be sent to their room without any dinner!
If these were my guys I'd be beyond angry & upset.
I hope all that had a hand in this are relaxing comfortably at home right now.
I hope all those that had a hand in skating the issues are thinking of RV & Ivan.
Time for some new blood.
Dave O.Angry

pilotdude
4/19/2010 10:01pm
Ozzy wrote:
Reps, we don't need no stinkin reps! Commonsense is what's needed. No more no less. But it's always the same call, as in no call at...
Reps, we don't need no stinkin reps!
Commonsense is what's needed.
No more no less.
But it's always the same call, as in no call at all.
And yeah it blows big time. Funny, the powers that be sure all look the part.
Shirts, hats, jackets, pretty official looking if you ask me, but that's all there is it seems.
Poor calls, poor rulings if even at all, & here again, nothing!
Was Reed right? Sure he was & is.
Racing's dangerous, that's a given.
When Champions speak you listen. If not get people who will.
No one, & I mean no one (track officials) walking around that track or others lately can really say anything . All they're supposed to do is listen, loud & clear. Why, you say! It's simple. If any on the sanctioning side or track building or promoting side can go bar to bar with say a Chad Reed, then ok then, but none are even in the same galaxy, in other words clearly not qualified to judge if a section or obstacle is dangerous or not.
Can the track builders always get it right? No.
Can the AMA/FIM crew always get it right? No.
Can the promoters always get it right? No.
Can they listen? Yes.
Should they listen? Yes.
To me, this is another example of bad everything.
No reason.
No excuse.
I blame all the blamable.
If I was an OEM, sending my highly paid guys out there to do battle in such conditions I'd be making some noise. Plenty of noise.
Mistakes are easy.
Problems do arise.
When such is noted & ignored, that's clearly a human thing, to ignore is human!
I'm bitter cause I know those guys, RV & Ivan. Even if I didn't their pain & suffering is on the hands of others.
They always seem to listen, fix, whatever after the fact.
Pro activeness is what, just a lost term!
Again, they were told.
Again, they were warned.
If these were kids, they'd be sent to their room without any dinner!
If these were my guys I'd be beyond angry & upset.
I hope all that had a hand in this are relaxing comfortably at home right now.
I hope all those that had a hand in skating the issues are thinking of RV & Ivan.
Time for some new blood.
Dave O.Angry

Outstanding.
Ozzy
4/19/2010 10:12pm
Funny, does the Circus listen to the Clowns?
How a National muli-time Champion like Chad Reed can totally be ignored is beyond reproach to me.
I bet the Circus does listen to the Clowns!
After all, the show must go on, right!
And it's all about the show, right!
So hey, whoever is listening, bust some heads.
Clowns are a terrible thing to waste........
I love the Clowns, they're the best part!
Dave O.Angry

Post a reply to: from some very "inside" people at the sx races

The Latest