herlings podium interview

PastranaWho
Edited Date/Time 10/8/2018 12:31pm
"We smashed the americans" Dude is a dickhead.

Damn wish RC, RV and stewie were still racingSad

|
hamncheeze
10/7/2018 2:25pm
Yeah his true self had to come out at some point. It was pretty obvious today, he did not need to be a douche and rub it in. Had Tomac done the same there's absolutely no way he would have acted like that. Statements like that are why I'll never really be a fan of Herlings completely. I appreciated his ability and speed but deep down inside he's a punk.
10/7/2018 2:30pm
He didn't really look too happy to have come second in that last race to Glenn.

I'm sure he was pissed about taking the 3rd spot on the podium today (and rightfully so), but he does need to watch himself sometimes, he's got a loose tongue. It made him very unlikable when he was younger.

The Shop

BR8ES
10/7/2018 2:30pm
He is right...post race high and not a robot.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
10/7/2018 2:31pm
Yep
Correct or not, that was not very classy
He better watch out for Prado in 2-3 years if he stays in Europe
MX690
10/7/2018 2:32pm
He's saying nothing different to what a lot of Americans on Vital are saying.
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
10/7/2018 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2018 2:36pm
A nice deflection of the fact that all you talked about was going 1-1 and switching to the MXGP class to get more rest and your teammate goes to the OPEN class and goes 1-1.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
10/7/2018 2:35pm
Well, it's a true statement! Maybe that will light a fire under some American riders asses to get better. Today was embarrassing. If they don't like it, do something about it.

10/7/2018 2:35pm
truth hurts! Holland deserved the win today- unfortunate for GB that tommys bike blew up whilst running 4th or we would have been in with a good shout at the overall win. You guys weren't in it all weekend, not on the pace at all. In your own backyard! brilliant
10/7/2018 2:36pm
Park Boys wrote:
A nice deflection of the fact that all you talked about was going 1-1 and switching to the MXGP class to get more rest and your...
A nice deflection of the fact that all you talked about was going 1-1 and switching to the MXGP class to get more rest and your teammate goes to the OPEN class and goes 1-1.
Haha... Life must be tough for you these days.

yamahaha131
10/7/2018 2:36pm
Unfortunately you don’t even have a chance to battle with the best in the world if you don’t get a start and they do. Not saying Eli or Justin could have battled with them today but thanks to their starts we didn’t even get the chance. No excuses, everyone raced the same track.
tempura
10/7/2018 2:39pm
Truth causes butthurt on vital.
I’m sure the U.S. riders will take that on the chin.
10/7/2018 2:40pm
"We smashed the americans" Dude is a dickhead.

Damn wish RC, RV and stewie were still racingSad

you said

I hope tomac beats the cocky bastard herlings.

i see why you have a problem with that , truth hurts

Kasims
Fantasy
3964th
10/7/2018 2:41pm
Probably missed what even Paulin said right after race.. And he was way more happier today if comparing to winning in Ernée. Coincidence?
PFitzG38
10/7/2018 2:41pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Yeah his true self had to come out at some point. It was pretty obvious today, he did not need to be a douche and rub...
Yeah his true self had to come out at some point. It was pretty obvious today, he did not need to be a douche and rub it in. Had Tomac done the same there's absolutely no way he would have acted like that. Statements like that are why I'll never really be a fan of Herlings completely. I appreciated his ability and speed but deep down inside he's a punk.
He’s just responding to the ugly jingoistic american fans on various websites just like this one. Can you really blame him, EU dominance has been obvious for years yet you’ll always see signs of Amerigance from fans who are either delusional or don’t follow the GP’s
10/7/2018 2:42pm
Unfortunately you don’t even have a chance to battle with the best in the world if you don’t get a start and they do. Not saying...
Unfortunately you don’t even have a chance to battle with the best in the world if you don’t get a start and they do. Not saying Eli or Justin could have battled with them today but thanks to their starts we didn’t even get the chance. No excuses, everyone raced the same track.
yeah herlings going down in the quali race yesterday in the first turn, going into the pits for a minute and getting back to 3rd..

or how about Cairoli and desalle going down in the first turn and getting back to 5th/ 6th.... you cant battle with the big boys if you're 7 seconds a lap off regardless of your starts

plessinger got a rude awakening this weekend
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
10/7/2018 2:42pm
Park Boys wrote:
A nice deflection of the fact that all you talked about was going 1-1 and switching to the MXGP class to get more rest and your...
That makes Glenns performance even more impressive. He had a shorter brake and still held off Herlings
10/7/2018 2:43pm
Unfortunately you don’t even have a chance to battle with the best in the world if you don’t get a start and they do. Not saying...
first moto Tomac and Plessenger were inside top 10 , had 30 min and 2 laps to improve
thats not that bad to be honest with you , especially not for riders like Tomac
im pretty sure if it was dry and better conditions , it would have been a different race and results .
but this race showed MXGP riders are better in these conditions ..
clem
10/7/2018 2:45pm
It's definitely the world against the US. That just seems kinda prick-ish to me. I surely don't view it as the US versus everyone else. Country against country and we finished off of the podium.
Marcello10
10/7/2018 2:46pm
It wasn’t a straight jab at the Americans, he was clearly referring to all the talk people had about team USA showing him what’s up after his title

He was happy to have proved them wrong
VicDaMoan03
first moto Tomac and Plessenger were inside top 10 , had 30 min and 2 laps to improve thats not that bad to be honest with...
first moto Tomac and Plessenger were inside top 10 , had 30 min and 2 laps to improve
thats not that bad to be honest with you , especially not for riders like Tomac
im pretty sure if it was dry and better conditions , it would have been a different race and results .
but this race showed MXGP riders are better in these conditions ..
I would just say MXGP riders are better in any conditions at this point in time.
yamahaha131
yeah herlings going down in the quali race yesterday in the first turn, going into the pits for a minute and getting back to 3rd.. or...
yeah herlings going down in the quali race yesterday in the first turn, going into the pits for a minute and getting back to 3rd..

or how about Cairoli and desalle going down in the first turn and getting back to 5th/ 6th.... you cant battle with the big boys if you're 7 seconds a lap off regardless of your starts

plessinger got a rude awakening this weekend
You’re taking it perspnal bud. I’m saying we didn’t even give ourselves the chance to get smoked head to head. Herlings qualifier was amazing. He was almost to Tomac when his bike gave up the ghost. Not all U.S. fans are blindly errogant because we live in the best country in the world ?
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
10/7/2018 2:47pm
Park Boys wrote:
Haha... Life must be tough for you these days.

I really don't mind. If Musquin would have been on the team it would have been brutal. France would have had it wrapped up by Moto 2. I think it's funny that Glenn dominated and no one expected it.
aees
10/7/2018 2:48pm
Lap times says I'd does not matter, would just have been a greater defeat getting passed by both herlings, coldenhof and maybe 1 or 2 more riders. Tomac had clear track and was still 2 sec of herlings - barcia was 5 sec of, with roczen in between. See a pattern? It is the same as the ama outdoor races this year. Tomac, roczen, barcia. Same gap, same people.
10/7/2018 2:48pm
clem wrote:
It's definitely the world against the US. That just seems kinda prick-ish to me. I surely don't view it as the US versus everyone else. Country...
It's definitely the world against the US. That just seems kinda prick-ish to me. I surely don't view it as the US versus everyone else. Country against country and we finished off of the podium.
I get the feeling from listening to a lot of the American MX media (Matthes, etc.), that there is always this need to downplay the facts. It is a fact that the MXGP riders have been better for years now. The results are there to prove it.

Hell.... the MXGP class had some down years with Cairoli injured and Febvre/Gajser winning titles. Every time those guys race nationals, even if they are top 10 guys like Ferris and Simpson, they are damn impressive.

I'm sure the MXGP riders hear that and are happy to rub it in.
Barrett57
10/7/2018 2:49pm
I think it was most likely directed not at the average American motocross fan or the US riders, but at the mongoloid hordes commonly known around these parts as vitards. You all know the sort.

Post a reply to: herlings podium interview

The Latest