kx450 2012 problems

Stompin
Edited Date/Time 7/8/2012 7:24am
every 2-3 races have to replace head gasket , what a piece of shit.
tried resurfacing head
engine ice
1.6 cap
frustrating after coming from yamaha..
|
tapkawiman
7/7/2012 3:59pm
VitalMX>Forum>Race Shop(Since you didnt learn on your last post)
7/7/2012 4:39pm
I have one too, I feel your pain. I havent had any trouble yet with my head gasket although I have a friend having that same problem with his.
I have been having prob;ems with my oil drain plugs leaking. I had to re-tap it after changing the oil after only 3 times.
I love riding the bike but I don't think it's built as good as my Yamaha's.
Stompin
7/7/2012 4:41pm
tapkawiman wrote:
VitalMX>Forum>Race Shop(Since you didnt learn on your last post)
why is it that of a deal
ehr400
7/7/2012 5:53pm
I know 2 guys whose cranks went out at 18.7 hours and 23.2 hours. Vet B riders too.

The Shop

7/7/2012 6:02pm
no issues with mine, not a ton of hrs. on it since i only get out Sundays to race. no complaints from the people I've sold them too either. best 450 I've ever ridden
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/7/2012 6:06pm
no issues with mine, not a ton of hrs. on it since i only get out Sundays to race. no complaints from the people I've sold...
no issues with mine, not a ton of hrs. on it since i only get out Sundays to race. no complaints from the people I've sold them too either. best 450 I've ever ridden
i race mine, and have sold a heap of them, and never had an issue with an 2012 or any of the earlier ones as well,
7/7/2012 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 9:14pm
Stompin wrote:
every 2-3 races have to replace head gasket , what a piece of shit. tried resurfacing head engine ice 1.6 cap frustrating after coming from yamaha...
tried resurfacing head
engine ice
1.6 cap
Just a couple of questions, is the leak located at the same place everytime? You said you resurfaced the head? Did you you check the mating surface on the cylinder itself? Have you replaced the locating dowels between the head and cylinder? Then you might go to a 2.0 cap.
machine
7/7/2012 6:48pm
No problems here, it's a great bike so far.
Stompin
7/8/2012 7:21am
Stompin wrote:
every 2-3 races have to replace head gasket , what a piece of shit. tried resurfacing head engine ice 1.6 cap frustrating after coming from yamaha...
tried resurfacing head
engine ice
1.6 cap
Just a couple of questions, is the leak located at the same place everytime? You said you resurfaced the head? Did you you check the mating...
Just a couple of questions, is the leak located at the same place everytime? You said you resurfaced the head? Did you you check the mating surface on the cylinder itself? Have you replaced the locating dowels between the head and cylinder? Then you might go to a 2.0 cap.
ya resurfaced head . put new cylinder on also. theirs actually no evidence of water leakage other than low antifreeze in radiator
after each ride . i will try the dowels next time also
TerryK
7/8/2012 7:24am
Stompin wrote:
tried resurfacing head
engine ice
1.6 cap
Just a couple of questions, is the leak located at the same place everytime? You said you resurfaced the head? Did you you check the mating...
Stompin wrote:
ya resurfaced head . put new cylinder on also. theirs actually no evidence of water leakage other than low antifreeze in radiator after each ride...
ya resurfaced head . put new cylinder on also. theirs actually no evidence of water leakage other than low antifreeze in radiator
after each ride . i will try the dowels next time also
Lol, it's not a leaky head gasket, it's just puking out of the overflow. You need a new rad cap. Shame you wasted all that time and money on parts.

Post a reply to: kx450 2012 problems

The Latest