the systematic destruction of the sport of motocross.

gt80rider
6/1/2019 7:46am
What is your cable bill, old man? I pay $14 for Netflix, whatever for Amazon, and then the nbc sorts app. I get to watch wherever...
What is your cable bill, old man? I pay $14 for Netflix, whatever for Amazon, and then the nbc sorts app. I get to watch wherever I went and don't have to pay $125 per month for 85 channels that I don't watch and four that I actually watch.
But keep on going....

That is how they get u... I pay 70 a month for cable, and get a shit ton of channels, plus the app...

You pay 15 here, 10 there, plus more for the sports gold app, etc... what about your wife? Kids?

All that is really gonna start to add up..

To boil it down, you are the one buying into an even more expensive option..... u feel like you are only spending a few bucks here or there, but in reality, they are just sucking you in...
bsharkey
6/1/2019 9:46am
Alot of great points in this discussion.one thing I see too is for the core riders.(int, pros)Kids seem a bit smarter now and move on from mx racing and into the mainstream work force alot faster.when u look at local racing the pro/ into turnout is really bad. 5 or 6 guys in ether class is a good day. Wth! There's no money for pros to sustain them racing which is bad. most parents seem to drop the support system$$ shortly when kids turn 18 when really that's the time they need the support the most.the privateer life is dying fast. More than ever I see kids just riding for fun.thats really sad
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
6/1/2019 10:03am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2019 10:55am
bsharkey wrote:
Alot of great points in this discussion.one thing I see too is for the core riders.(int, pros)Kids seem a bit smarter now and move on from...
Alot of great points in this discussion.one thing I see too is for the core riders.(int, pros)Kids seem a bit smarter now and move on from mx racing and into the mainstream work force alot faster.when u look at local racing the pro/ into turnout is really bad. 5 or 6 guys in ether class is a good day. Wth! There's no money for pros to sustain them racing which is bad. most parents seem to drop the support system$$ shortly when kids turn 18 when really that's the time they need the support the most.the privateer life is dying fast. More than ever I see kids just riding for fun.thats really sad
I believe its Because in the top Amateur races around the Country the Kids that are being courted to turn pro, by the top teams, Star Yamaha etc are Running bikes so close to Factory that people realize quickly that they cant compete with that, so they learn that sooner, it used to take a couple years in the pro class without support, to figure out wait a minute it dont matter how good i am riding, if i dont get on one of the IT teams i cant compete.
Thats one angle and another is there are just less beginners and people in the sport period so we are drawing from a smaller pool of people , Lets say 1 out of 200 has the potential and natural talent to make it to the A class eventually, now days you go to the average MX race in the midwest on a Sunday and there is 100 to 300 people there ,
But in the 80's 90's there was 600-1100
People and thats in every state all around the country.

The Shop

Post a reply to: the systematic destruction of the sport of motocross.

The Latest