Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:32am
03-3rd
04-3rd
05-dns main
06-dns main
07-5th
08-3rd
09-4th
2010-not worthy of a ride???????????????
|
Whitey
11/27/2009 11:42am
Herein lies the problem, people get rides for results over 17 rounds not 1, unless of course you are Hansen.

Look, Timmy seems like a great guy but these kids are getting faster....
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
11/27/2009 11:49am
Many top riders lookin' for rides, not just Tim Ferry.
Adam43
11/27/2009 12:31pm
Ferry definitely shouldn't be getting put out to pasture over some of these guys that have good rides, but maybe his asking price is a little high. A guy at that stage in his career probably isn't too inclined to take a big pay cut or race for peanuts.
M-M
11/27/2009 12:38pm
zippy895 wrote:
03-3rd
04-3rd
05-dns main
06-dns main
07-5th
08-3rd
09-4th
2010-not worthy of a ride???????????????
You think he has a chance of making a top 5 this sx season on a decent ride?

I don't.

The Shop

Outsider
11/27/2009 12:47pm
Adam43 wrote:
Ferry definitely shouldn't be getting put out to pasture over some of these guys that have good rides, but maybe his asking price is a little...
Ferry definitely shouldn't be getting put out to pasture over some of these guys that have good rides, but maybe his asking price is a little high. A guy at that stage in his career probably isn't too inclined to take a big pay cut or race for peanuts.
I can understand a guy not wanting a pay cut... but, in this economy, a lot of people are working for a lot less, IF they are working.

Wouldn't racing for less money be better than sitting at home?

Maybe not at this stage, Matthes?Smile
zippy895
11/27/2009 1:17pm
2008 6th (SX), 2nd (MX)
2007 3rd (SX), 4th (MX)
other than 09 injury plagued year,t.f. was doing pretty well against those young whipper snappers.
burnside
11/27/2009 2:21pm
Yeah but 'who wants to be Tim Ferry?'

How much product does his name sell? How valuable is he to a youth brand?
Looped Out
11/27/2009 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:09pm
zippy895 wrote:
2008 6th (SX), 2nd (MX)
2007 3rd (SX), 4th (MX)
other than 09 injury plagued year,t.f. was doing pretty well against those young whipper snappers.
Can you post SX & MX series final stands for 2004 thru 2009?

Then we will be able to see if Tim Ferry has the year end results to get a ride and not make the call off the opening round race.

Rides aren't easy to come by, even for top riders in 2010. I'm sure Tim Ferry has more race results in him, but being older (not sure of his age) is a big part of his issue of not nailing down a position on a team yet.
Red Flag
11/27/2009 2:46pm
burnside wrote:

At least Ferry shows up and RACES

Looped Out
11/27/2009 2:58pm
burnside wrote:

Red Flag wrote:
At least Ferry shows up and RACES

I like Tim Ferry, but I have to disagree with you. Timmy has missed more Supercross and Motocross events over the past bunch of year's do to injury.

I'm sure this is one of the reasons he hasn't been signed for 2010.

He has always had the speed, but if a rider is injured over and over, teams worry this will happen again.
Red Flag
11/27/2009 3:03pm
Loop,

Are you Jeff Loop btw? If so I saw Tim Ferry blow right past your ass at Glen Helen like you were standing still!

Red Flag
11/27/2009 3:07pm
Outsider wrote:
Hi Timmy
Mathes said in a interview Timmy doesnt post here or at any message board. Catch up on the podcasts bro they are really good.
RMZ819
11/27/2009 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:09pm
burnside wrote:

Ferry is about a valuable to the youth market as James Stewart or Chad Reed. None of those guys have any pull on what gear ect.. a person wears. If a company makes nice gear then people will buy it. Paying a rider to wear gear, shoes ect.. is a waste of money IMO. Fox dropped Stewart and RC does not race anymore and they never missed a beat.

In the end Ferry will sit at home because he is not a factor in this sport any more. There are to many young hungry riders out there. The era of veteran riders hanging around like kdub, Bryne,Ferry and Wey are done. You will never see it again in this sport.

Red Flag
11/27/2009 3:12pm
Remember when Timmy won the McGrath CircusCross at the Coliseum? It was the first time I seen Bobby Bonds haul ass. Wonder what timmy did with the 20 grand.

Remember when Timmy pulled that 3rd place podium on the Chapparal YZ? I was listening to the broadcast that night and was stoked!

Remember when Timmy was captain america? He didnt win that day but damn he made us all proud. F-the little red headed kid for not showing up...and that whole Honda team for shunning the event.

Remember when TImmy almost won the outdoor championship for Monster Kawi?

Remember when he won the SX in mormon town? I was so super pumped for him..

How many races did Poto miss last year? How many races has Bubba missed?

Breakin bones and sitting out is part of the job bro's!

Looped Out
11/27/2009 3:13pm
Red Flag wrote:
Loop,

Are you Jeff Loop btw? If so I saw Tim Ferry blow right past your ass at Glen Helen like you were standing still!

I never said Tim Ferry wasn't fast, because he is. I was only commented about results over the past years
Alpine91290
11/27/2009 3:14pm
Ferry should just ride outdoors on the kawasaki. He finished 2nd to James Stewart in 08, so he'd do well
Red Flag
11/27/2009 3:21pm
burnside wrote:

RMZ819 wrote:
Ferry is about a valuable to the youth market as James Stewart or Chad Reed. None of those guys have any pull on what gear ect...
Ferry is about a valuable to the youth market as James Stewart or Chad Reed. None of those guys have any pull on what gear ect.. a person wears. If a company makes nice gear then people will buy it. Paying a rider to wear gear, shoes ect.. is a waste of money IMO. Fox dropped Stewart and RC does not race anymore and they never missed a beat.

In the end Ferry will sit at home because he is not a factor in this sport any more. There are to many young hungry riders out there. The era of veteran riders hanging around like kdub, Bryne,Ferry and Wey are done. You will never see it again in this sport.

hahaha.....

in my opioion guys like Timmy have shown "smart" can beat young and hungry on any day. We are still waiting for guys like Hepler to prove themselves....Josh Grant...Hansen...JLaw...Izzi...Hill...there is a bunch of kids who have never proved themselves just shown flashes of speed. How long was Hepler injured? How about Izzi? So what Timmy got injured a bunch...welcome to motocross

In 1999 how many of us would have thought Timmy would be on Monster Kawi Factory Motocross Team in 2008?

Timmy Ferry just doenst get the credit he deserves for earning the Factory Kawi ride and KEEPING it...He raced, placed and finished.

RMZ819
11/27/2009 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:10pm
Red Flag wrote:
Remember when Timmy won the McGrath CircusCross at the Coliseum? It was the first time I seen Bobby Bonds haul ass. Wonder what timmy did with...
Remember when Timmy won the McGrath CircusCross at the Coliseum? It was the first time I seen Bobby Bonds haul ass. Wonder what timmy did with the 20 grand.

Remember when Timmy pulled that 3rd place podium on the Chapparal YZ? I was listening to the broadcast that night and was stoked!

Remember when Timmy was captain america? He didnt win that day but damn he made us all proud. F-the little red headed kid for not showing up...and that whole Honda team for shunning the event.

Do you Remember any titles won by Ferry???

Do you Remember his choke job during the 07 outdoors.

You are living in the past. Ferry is old news. He has no upside. Breaking bones might be part of the deal but so are winning races and titles.
Red Flag
11/27/2009 3:22pm
Red Flag wrote:
Loop,

Looped Out wrote:
I never said Tim Ferry wasn't fast, because he is. I was only commented about results over the past years
Yeah letts talk about that 07 season when he just about made championship fame!
Red Flag
11/27/2009 3:27pm
Red Flag wrote:
Remember when Timmy won the McGrath CircusCross at the Coliseum? It was the first time I seen Bobby Bonds haul ass. Wonder what timmy did with...

RMZ819 wrote:
Do you Remember any titles won by Ferry??? Do you Remember his choke job during the 07 outdoors. You are living in the past. Ferry is...
Do you Remember any titles won by Ferry???

Do you Remember his choke job during the 07 outdoors.

You are living in the past. Ferry is old news. He has no upside. Breaking bones might be part of the deal but so are winning races and titles.
He won the 125 East SX series...

OH HOW WE FORGET...

How many titles do the following other riders have?

Hahn
Milsaps
Alessi
Kdub
Hill
Hepler
Hansen
Jlaw
Grant
Hill
Brayton

Lots of riders dont have championships or just lite championships. Ferry proved older riders can still beat young punks! Watch how many of these dudes fizzle out after the West Coast series is up...

Highsider
11/27/2009 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:10pm
Red Flag wrote:

Who the hell is this Red Flag guy? Blows right in here like he owns the placeLaughing
He sure has a good memory for the good stuff!

EDIT: "I would love to get my old trick121 email account reactivated...but he is the boss man around here and I need his blessing"

Now, I know....
Guzzler
11/27/2009 4:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:10pm
Tim Ferry is a bad mofo. plain and simple> He should have a ride but doesn't. Asking for to much money, maybe. The guy is bad ass and pretty much anyone that looks and reads the posts on this board wish that they could have a career like Timmy has had.
jt $
11/27/2009 4:50pm
RmZ819, why are you always so bitter? Lighten up man, you come off like a jerk.
jemcee
11/27/2009 5:20pm
jt $ wrote:
RmZ819, why are you always so bitter? Lighten up man, you come off like a jerk.
what sounds like a duck and walks like a duck,

good chance, is a duck
burnside
11/27/2009 5:35pm
Isn't it on record him saying he won't ride unless the price is right? - or something to similar effect?

In which case, he's had offers, but felt he was worth more. So lets not pity with the guy...
zippy895
11/27/2009 5:40pm
for ferry to produce strong finishes in these past years only tells me that he gets better with age.since the competition has apparently gotten tougher from what i am hearing from some of you.
someone should put him on a performance based/with a test rider salary mixed in.and get him away from those plastic mx boots.
jndmx
11/27/2009 5:44pm
Now I would have to think that Ferry has made some bank over the years and he seems like a smart guy so he probably has held onto a good chunk.

Maybe....just maybe the guy isn't looking too hard for a ride?
I would think after all the years racing and traveling and taking the hits he might want to relax and enjoy it.

If someone offers a good ride at a reasonable price then take it but if not why go through the grind?

Just my thoughts...
mxjon454
11/27/2009 9:17pm
Damn a lot of people puttin Ferry out just cuase he was hurt this season. The two seasons before that he was faster than most factory guys rite now.

Post a reply to: tim ferry rd.1 sx stats since 2003..

The Latest