vid: Cairoli vs Febvre today. Great battle!

Sideways
Just wanted to share this!

Nice racing! The field was not as strong as last weekend but the fight for 1st place was good! Cant wait til mxgp season starts!

MX1 heat one starts at 1h 2min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDpf1etCxF8

Havent seen the superfinale yet, watching it now Smile
|
tp4
2/11/2018 10:21am
real motocross..awesome
Sideways
2/11/2018 10:22am
I feel like us fans are going to be in for a real treat this year. SmileSmileSmile
I feel the same! We know that Febvre, herlings (winning at hawkstone today) cairoli, anstie, van hoorebek and paulin are all in form.

The question mark is Gajser, but im sure he will be more competitive than he was last season.
Sunhouse
2/11/2018 10:32am
That track is rough! Definitely something that could mess up your coccyx

The Shop

2/11/2018 10:41am
I feel like us fans are going to be in for a real treat this year. SmileSmileSmile
Sideways wrote:
I feel the same! We know that Febvre, herlings (winning at hawkstone today) cairoli, anstie, van hoorebek and paulin are all in form. The question mark...
I feel the same! We know that Febvre, herlings (winning at hawkstone today) cairoli, anstie, van hoorebek and paulin are all in form.

The question mark is Gajser, but im sure he will be more competitive than he was last season.
Goldenhoff showed some excellent speed as well, I'm hoping Searle will finally have a good year with hopefully a podium or even a race win , his speed was on par with the top five this weekend.
2/11/2018 10:45am
Thanks for the link!
How those guys flows through such a sketchy track is amazing!
DP#201
2/11/2018 11:01am
Great Racing, real motocross Wink Kroc should never have left the GP’s Sad
2/11/2018 11:21am
Goldenhoff showed some excellent speed as well, I'm hoping Searle will finally have a good year with hopefully a podium or even a race win...
Goldenhoff showed some excellent speed as well, I'm hoping Searle will finally have a good year with hopefully a podium or even a race win , his speed was on par with the top five this weekend.
the Dutchies looked good he today Wink
2/11/2018 11:35am
DP#201 wrote:
No kidding he shouldn't have. Musquin either.

Oh, what might have been: Cairoli, Herlings, Febvre, Gajser, Roczen, Musquin, Anstie ... screw the AMA; they don't have a field like that. My only question is whether there'd be enough factory rides (meaning budget) for all those guys.

Frank
2/11/2018 11:40am
Thanks to the OP for the link. Really enjoying the GP pre-race's this year.

With 20 MXGP events, the pre-race events and the National events the GP guys do as much racing as the US based riders that do SX and MX.
Forty
2/11/2018 11:57am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 12:01pm
Thanks for the link...gnarly track for sure. yikes. AC is tough as nails.

Where's Nagl? Seems some top riders are not there. Paulin/Desalle/Herlings/Anstie/Searle/Gajser?
2/11/2018 12:12pm
Forty wrote:
Thanks for the link...gnarly track for sure. yikes. AC is tough as nails.

Where's Nagl? Seems some top riders are not there. Paulin/Desalle/Herlings/Anstie/Searle/Gajser?
Herlings , Coldenhoff,Anstie,Searle ,Paulin raced at Hawkstone
Nesc39
2/11/2018 12:18pm
DP#201 wrote:
No kidding he shouldn't have. Musquin either. Oh, what might have been: Cairoli, Herlings, Febvre, Gajser, Roczen, Musquin, Anstie ... screw the AMA; they don't have...
No kidding he shouldn't have. Musquin either.

Oh, what might have been: Cairoli, Herlings, Febvre, Gajser, Roczen, Musquin, Anstie ... screw the AMA; they don't have a field like that. My only question is whether there'd be enough factory rides (meaning budget) for all those guys.

Why shouldn’t they have left? They make more money here and like the country better. And they
Obviously feel the racing here is more important or they wouldn’t have left. AND if it wasn’t more important they WOULD have went back.
Still though, you should message them and remind them what they are missing
2/11/2018 12:35pm
Great stuff, thanks for posting. Love watching those guys deal with the conditions.
davistld01
2/11/2018 12:51pm
Freaking Cairoli. The guy is still a monster on a dirt bike, and is the most complete rider in the world today. Eight world championships under his belt...and smokes the youngsters every week. Heck, he’s not exactly the most handsome guy around...and has one of, if not the hottest wives in the sport. Tony gives “normal” guys hope!

Gotta love it.! Yeah, I’m a fan.

Marcello10
2/11/2018 12:57pm
davistld01 wrote:
Freaking Cairoli. The guy is still a monster on a dirt bike, and is the most complete rider in the world today. Eight world championships under...
Freaking Cairoli. The guy is still a monster on a dirt bike, and is the most complete rider in the world today. Eight world championships under his belt...and smokes the youngsters every week. Heck, he’s not exactly the most handsome guy around...and has one of, if not the hottest wives in the sport. Tony gives “normal” guys hope!

Nine world championships Wink
davistld01
2/11/2018 1:04pm
davistld01 wrote:
Freaking Cairoli. The guy is still a monster on a dirt bike, and is the most complete rider in the world today. Eight world championships under...

Marcello10 wrote:
Nine world championships Wink
Oops! I forgot his latest...2017.
2/11/2018 1:31pm
Frank wrote:
Thanks to the OP for the link. Really enjoying the GP pre-race's this year. With 20 MXGP events, the pre-race events and the National events the...
Thanks to the OP for the link. Really enjoying the GP pre-race's this year.

With 20 MXGP events, the pre-race events and the National events the GP guys do as much racing as the US based riders that do SX and MX.
Don’t forget the Saturday qualifying races. (MXGP is down to 19 events this season, I think, but your point is valid.)
make1go
2/11/2018 1:41pm
I vote anyone who kicks off or replies to the incessant moronic 'us vs euro' crap gets clicked..Can we just enjoy the racing FFS!.
Johnny Depp
2/11/2018 1:43pm
What am I doing wrong, I click on the link and only see the 125's?
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
2/11/2018 2:29pm
AC is smart, once he wins this pre GP warm up championship he will then only focus on the GP's. He has it all figured out, he takes minmal risks and keeps his eye on the prize.
plowboy
2/11/2018 2:50pm
davistld01 wrote:

When Tony first came on the scene I thought, "This arrogant buck toothed bastard is gonna get his ass handed to him". Fast forward and I'm the dickhead. Cairoli is a magnificent racer and gentleman. A truly great champion and ambassador for the sport. Good thing he has giant balls so there's plenty of room for all us nut huggers.
make1go
2/11/2018 3:15pm
plowboy wrote:
When Tony first came on the scene I thought, "This arrogant buck toothed bastard is gonna get his ass handed to him". Fast forward and I'm...
When Tony first came on the scene I thought, "This arrogant buck toothed bastard is gonna get his ass handed to him". Fast forward and I'm the dickhead. Cairoli is a magnificent racer and gentleman. A truly great champion and ambassador for the sport. Good thing he has giant balls so there's plenty of room for all us nut huggers.
Hes also the poster child for Moto-x and the smaller less attractive guy. You to can become a world champ have money and a nice looking lady...Astonishing career hes made a whole swath of top riders miss out on titles that they probably thought were in reach. AND hes still going! Whats in the water in Italy cause they breed them fast with longevity there.
plowboy
2/11/2018 3:40pm
plowboy wrote:
When Tony first came on the scene I thought, "This arrogant buck toothed bastard is gonna get his ass handed to him". Fast forward and I'm...
make1go wrote:
Hes also the poster child for Moto-x and the smaller less attractive guy. You to can become a world champ have money and a nice looking...
Hes also the poster child for Moto-x and the smaller less attractive guy. You to can become a world champ have money and a nice looking lady...Astonishing career hes made a whole swath of top riders miss out on titles that they probably thought were in reach. AND hes still going! Whats in the water in Italy cause they breed them fast with longevity there.
He'd have been a champion no matter where he was born. Destiny!
Crush
2/11/2018 6:25pm
Wow that track!
jemcee
2/11/2018 10:30pm
Watching these races really makes me realise how much I don't need commentary haha..
How's the varying track surfaces in the last two weeks? Bottomless sand one week then hard pack hard ruts the next
jemcee
2/11/2018 10:36pm
What am I doing wrong, I click on the link and only see the 125's?
What you're doing wrong is not reading the OP properly haha
Bineano
2/13/2018 9:52pm
Great racing, and a rough goddamn track, holy shit! Ruts, rough and...I’m glad to WATCH that and not have to ride it, lol. Impressive :-)
hyler199
2/13/2018 10:59pm Edited Date/Time 2/13/2018 10:59pm
The best part of Cairoli is:

1. He is in great shape
2. Have not heard of a big crash in a while
3. Has technique greater than a lot of younger riders
4. His technique and speed even for 3-5 more years could still be relevant. (his bouncing and skipping bumps vs young kids attacking the bumps still havent committed to his technique therefore not allowing them to be the best they can be)
5. He is much like Rossi and is still having fun and enjoying the progression. This will allow him to be at the top till he decides to retire.

Post a reply to: vid: Cairoli vs Febvre today. Great battle!

The Latest