whiskey throttle doug henry

PastranaWho
Edited Date/Time 9/29/2019 6:07pm
Sit back , grab a few beers , some real good stuff.

|
9/27/2019 6:49pm
Listened to 3 hours of it in the truck, it’s good, the 2 speed transmission, different size boots when he crashed at budds, family life all good stuff
MotoRick
9/27/2019 7:25pm
thanks for posting. Enjoying it as I type : )
slowgti
9/27/2019 7:27pm
I'm about 2 hours in, awesome listen so far
gnarwhip
9/27/2019 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2019 8:24pm
When I was growing up, he was one of the coolest. His Pismo part in Terrrafirma, Troy Lee paint job, Fox gear, MC’s teammate, the best! Still is. Can’t wait to listen

The Shop

omalley
9/27/2019 9:24pm
I’ll never forget Washougal one year-he, his wife (and if I recall correctly his newborn) were out walking amongst the fans before practice in the infield. Saying hi to people, basically acting like they were just a family at the races. And at a time when other riders were starting to hide in the semi as much as possible.
In addition to being the most determined rider I’ve ever seen, he seemed like a fine human being.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
9/28/2019 3:40am
I remember when Doug took up snocross for Yamaha. His first race in Duluth he just stood next to us semipro riders watching us practice. Even discussed some of the track with me. At Canturbury he gave my wife a tour of trailer and got an autograph . Cool dude.
Huckster
9/28/2019 4:47am
Good listen but just wish Langston and Ping would let their guest speak more.
JohnnyD13
9/28/2019 7:10am
Huckster wrote:
I agree. Sometimes the guest will be about to tell a story we’ve never heard before and they get interrupted and forget to finish. Love the show and grant and ping. Just the guests are so freaking good I want to hear as much of the stories they have as possible
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
9/28/2019 11:58am
Doug is racing the adaptive class at the OTHER big race this weekend- the Travis Pastrana Pro Challenge at Pleasure Valley Raceway in Johnstown PA.

He really is incredible.
9/28/2019 12:10pm
His story is great,BUT GL always buts in just as he is about to tell a cool story and turns it about himself.It has really started to piss me off now.
I love GL and all,but he needs to let the guests actually tell their story!!!!!
Ping asks a great question......Doug gets 2 sentences in..........in chimes GL with "yea i remember when I ..........." then the original thread is lost and we dont get to hear Dougs answer
He is starting to spoil these podcasts for me now.
Neverclear
9/28/2019 1:15pm
J-Wishbone wrote:
His story is great,BUT GL always buts in just as he is about to tell a cool story and turns it about himself.It has really started...
His story is great,BUT GL always buts in just as he is about to tell a cool story and turns it about himself.It has really started to piss me off now.
I love GL and all,but he needs to let the guests actually tell their story!!!!!
Ping asks a great question......Doug gets 2 sentences in..........in chimes GL with "yea i remember when I ..........." then the original thread is lost and we dont get to hear Dougs answer
He is starting to spoil these podcasts for me now.
+1
PastranaWho
9/28/2019 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2019 2:04pm
I like GL he brings the humor. I like the back and forth and format. You guys way to uptite.
9/28/2019 1:56pm
It's called journalism bro's. Seriously, I'm good with it. You gotta understand these are buddy's just shooting the shit. It ain't 60 Minutes. I love the show format. Hope they keep it going.
9/28/2019 2:08pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2019 3:18pm
Good show, but it's easy to tire of GL talking about himself.

Also, I couldn't believe GL kept complaining about his sore back while sitting across from a paraplegic Dizzy

It's his world. We're just living in it.
zacksavchuk
Fantasy
2369th
9/28/2019 4:43pm
Got to watch Doug Henry ride today at the TP199 pro shootout at pleasure valley. Dude still rips on a bike. Also got to see brownie and Bradshaw battle it out in a moto. Crazy how fast those dudes still are. And of course Travis back flipped a wall jump mid moto.
MudPup545
9/28/2019 5:11pm
Can’t remember the year, maybe 2014-15? Doug was racing the adaptive class at Baja Acres. Myself and a buddy were roaming the pits and there he was, with his pit set up as basic as any Joe Average C class rider. A minivan with a small trailer from TSC, a small toolbox and some lawn chairs. We approached him and his mechanic and they reacted as if we were old friends. If I had to estimate I’d say we spent a solid 20 minutes just hanging out and talking to him. Even helped his mechanic put the bike on the stand. Total class act and just a decent human being. Was very down to earth and seemed genuinely happy to just talk moto with his fans.
mikec265
9/28/2019 5:55pm
Listen this morning before meeting him at Pleasure Valley today. Henry, Bradshaw, Pastrana, Mike Brown, Mike McDade, Mad Mike, and Michael Willard were there. All around kick ass day and show!
zacksavchuk
Fantasy
2369th
9/28/2019 6:02pm
mikec265 wrote:
Listen this morning before meeting him at Pleasure Valley today. Henry, Bradshaw, Pastrana, Mike Brown, Mike McDade, Mad Mike, and Michael Willard were there. All around...
Listen this morning before meeting him at Pleasure Valley today. Henry, Bradshaw, Pastrana, Mike Brown, Mike McDade, Mad Mike, and Michael Willard were there. All around kick ass day and show!
I actually went and picked up mcdades bike for him on Thursday evening from his guy Gary. I don’t think he even rode the bike before today lol. Also the racing today between Darryn Durham, Joey Crown, and Mike Brown was absolutely awesome. Marshall Weltin was also there and damn that dude has such good flow. Super good turnout over 700 entries.

mikec265
9/28/2019 6:22pm
mikec265 wrote:
Listen this morning before meeting him at Pleasure Valley today. Henry, Bradshaw, Pastrana, Mike Brown, Mike McDade, Mad Mike, and Michael Willard were there. All around...
I actually went and picked up mcdades bike for him on Thursday evening from his guy Gary. I don’t think he even rode the bike before...
I actually went and picked up mcdades bike for him on Thursday evening from his guy Gary. I don’t think he even rode the bike before today lol. Also the racing today between Darryn Durham, Joey Crown, and Mike Brown was absolutely awesome. Marshall Weltin was also there and damn that dude has such good flow. Super good turnout over 700 entries.

Yeah, I missed a few names. Durham's talent is unreal. I'd don't know why he didn't make it farther is SX and MX. It was awesome to see Mcdade's kid riding a KX65 in the 65 begginer class. Pretty sure that's the little dude that was scary sick for a while.
I'll be there again tomorrow just to watch. Henry would probably still beat me and half the posters on here!
zacksavchuk
Fantasy
2369th
9/28/2019 6:49pm
mikec265 wrote:
I actually went and picked up mcdades bike for him on Thursday evening from his guy Gary. I don’t think he even rode the bike before...

mikec265 wrote:
Yeah, I missed a few names. Durham's talent is unreal. I'd don't know why he didn't make it farther is SX and MX. It was awesome...
Yeah, I missed a few names. Durham's talent is unreal. I'd don't know why he didn't make it farther is SX and MX. It was awesome to see Mcdade's kid riding a KX65 in the 65 begginer class. Pretty sure that's the little dude that was scary sick for a while.
I'll be there again tomorrow just to watch. Henry would probably still beat me and half the posters on here!
Yes that’s keegan! He had leukemia. He should really still be on a 50 but mike has him ripping on a 65 already and he is a little dude! He does his thing though and it’s awesome to see him riding knowing his story and everything he has been through.
TeamFlannel
9/28/2019 7:31pm
Love the show, and have utmost respect for GL and Ping. With that said a few times I was like DUDE! (GL) IT'S freaking DOUG FREAKING HENRY! Let the man speak.
toomanykaws
9/28/2019 10:49pm
Whiskey Throttle gets some of the best moto guys on for interviews. But GL definitely puts a damper on getting to actually hear the guest answer. This far in it probably wont change. Ping is excellent.
dpingree101
9/29/2019 10:09am
Huckster wrote:
I've talked to GL about interjecting his stories at the right time, but when you're there in person it has a different feel. At the desk it feels like the three of us having a conversation, so the back-and-forth seems normal. When listening at home, and even when i listen back, it is annoying to have multiple people talking at once. We are working on it.
Thanks for watching/listening... Malcolm Smith next week!Shocked
9/29/2019 10:30am
Huckster wrote:
I've talked to GL about interjecting his stories at the right time, but when you're there in person it has a different feel. At the desk...
I've talked to GL about interjecting his stories at the right time, but when you're there in person it has a different feel. At the desk it feels like the three of us having a conversation, so the back-and-forth seems normal. When listening at home, and even when i listen back, it is annoying to have multiple people talking at once. We are working on it.
I love the show and you have amazing guests
Your podcasts have great content and you both ask great questions,but 9/10 times GL interrupts the guest mid flow and we dont get the full answer,or the converstation heads off on a tangent and the answer is never fully given,

GL brings alot to the show dont get me wrong,he just needs to calm it down a gear or 2 and let the guest speak.By all means get his point across AFTER the guest.

Listened to all your podcasts so far and this is my only gripe.Overall you do a great job and have a big fan here in the UK.
Hman144
Fantasy
714th
9/29/2019 10:32am
Ping it's upright of you to come on here and answer the critics.

Who is the off-camera statistician? He adds to the production.

At least GL is laying off the sauce during broadcasts. His tendency to turn things to himself was worse on the juice.

I like the conversational style of the show- for better or worse, the hosts' and guest personalities really come out. Sometimes 4 hrs. of anyone can rub a little.

I am really impressed with the research you do for the shows. And not afraid to ask the tough questions- like the IE arrest situation. I'm surprised you didn't ask about the house fire, though.

H

crowe176
9/29/2019 10:57am
Fuck that. GL, just keep being GL. He’s a great listen everytime.
Huckster
9/29/2019 12:47pm
Huckster wrote:
I've talked to GL about interjecting his stories at the right time, but when you're there in person it has a different feel. At the desk...
All Good Ping. I listen to all of them. Like the shot you took at the “other” podcast and the same 10 guests. I love Pulpmx too but that was funny.
Crush
9/29/2019 6:07pm
Awesome show. Doug's attitude is a life-lesson.

Post a reply to: whiskey throttle doug henry

The Latest