2,977 killed

AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
Edited Date/Time 9/12/2019 10:36am
Hard to believe it was 18 years ago today that so many lost their lives on 9/11. All those people going off to work or travel and they never made it home to their families.

A day that changed our world forever.

My youngest was born the day after and we will get to celebrate her 18th birthday tomorrow.
|
ohiomotoxer
9/11/2019 6:54am
To this day I cannot watch anything about that day. Those poor innocent souls jumping.
TXDirt
9/11/2019 7:03am
We say “never forget” but sadly it seems many have forgotten.

So many killed. So many lives changed. Very sad.

I will never forget.
JWACK
9/11/2019 7:15am
I will never forget.
It was awful.
It is awful.

Sweetd31
9/11/2019 8:48am
^ Was literally just about to say those who crack jokes about it just don’t get it. I see it way too often in kids born too young to have experienced it.

The Shop

peelout
9/11/2019 9:56am
crazy to think it's been 18 years.

i was in my first semester of college, sitting in class when crying and murmers came from the hall. i'll never forget walking out to look at the televisions at the end of the hall just in time to see the second plane hit. all the lives changed that day.
9/11/2019 10:55am
Was In 9th grade biology with lab. They turned the tv on and bam the second hit. Didn’t know what or how to feel. Still don’t.
MX114
9/11/2019 11:26am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2019 11:27am
I had just gotten a job in the motocross industry and was driving to California from New York. Was 18 years old and just graduated high school. I was in Albuquerque New Mexico on the morning of 9/11 when a gas station attendant asked me if my family was all ok?! She had seen my NY plates and figured I was from NYC area I guess. I had no idea what she was talking about I had no cell phone and had sublime cd’s playing the whole trip. Called collect home from a pay phone to my parents and my mother was hysterical begging me to turn around and come home. I assured her I was safe and kept going. Hit California that night, when I was driving into LA area there was people waving American flags on all the over passes of the freeway.... it was something I’ll never forget that’s for sure. We were all united in a time of tragedy. God bless all those affected and people lost.
DoctorJD
9/11/2019 11:57am
One of my customers walked into my office that morning and asked if I had heard about a plane hitting the WTC (he had heard a breaking report on the radio). I hadn't, so we walked across the hall and turned on the TV in the breakroom. At that time only one of the planes had hit, and they were still speculating as to what kind of plane it was (commercial, military, private) and if it was an accident. It was then that the second plane hit, and all doubt was erased. The only question left was, "who" and "why".

Gworm
9/11/2019 1:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2019 1:40pm
I took off from Manchester, NH at the same time the first one hit. We had overnighted there and were bringing customers back to the home office for meetings (schmoozing). About 30 min into the flight, the center controller came on the radio and said " attention all aircraft, increase cockpit security, respond with an ident". A couple of minutes later they repeated it, and an airliner asked him to elaborate on that. The controller told him to contact his company.

For the next several minutes, all of the airlines started diverting. We had no clue what was going on, but I asked if we needed to land, and they said that they assumed that the GA (general aviation) planes knew their passengers, so they would leave us up. I pulled up an AM news station on the ADF (one of our nav radios) and heard a plane had hit one of the towers, but we were thinking it was something small. About that time, they told us we had to land, so we ended up at Erie, PA. Finally got to leave that Thurs.

Before we were told we had to land, we had heard an airline pilot come on the radio and ask for lower. The controller told him 290 was as low as he could give him. The pilot's voice was full of stress, as he told him they had a situation going on, and needed lower. They sent him to a different frequency. I can't say for sure, but we saw later that we were in the same sector of Cleveland Center at the same time that Flight 93 would have been there. I'm pretty sure that was who we heard. They were truly Heroes on Flight 93. I've been to Shanksville a few times, and it always gets to me to think of what they did.

We were on the ground before we knew the severity of what was happening. Tom Ridge, who was the PA Governor at the time, came into the FBO and gave an interview ten feet from me that ended up on the National news, and then he took a Helicopter to Shanksville.

Sorry to ramble, but I thought I'd share my story.

It's a shame that we can't be the country we were on September 12th.

We can never forget.

sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
9/11/2019 1:52pm
My wife leaves for work before me, she called to tell me to turn on the news because a plane had hit one of the twin towers, no one knew it was an attack yet, the news was treating it like a freak accident. Then I saw the second plane hit live and my first thought was whats going on ? are their navigation systems that fucked up ? can they not see ? Then it dawned on me right about the same time the news said were under attack.
TXDirt
9/11/2019 2:40pm
Some people did something.
Titan1
9/11/2019 3:48pm
I was living in Riverside CA at the time...

I'll never hope for or wish for another 9/11...but I sure do miss the America on 9/12...we were united...first time in a long time.
9/11/2019 7:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/11/2019 7:26pm
I wonder if 93 was shot down.

As far as United...Yea every car had an American flag. Every house in my local town. presidents approval rating went from low to high. Citizens were invested.
Gworm
9/11/2019 7:38pm
I wonder if 93 was shot down. As far as United...Yea every car had an American flag. Every house in my local town. presidents approval rating...
I wonder if 93 was shot down.

As far as United...Yea every car had an American flag. Every house in my local town. presidents approval rating went from low to high. Citizens were invested.
I was talking to a NetJets pilot years ago who lived close to Shanksville. He swore that the tail of the plane was in a field a few miles away. That could have been shot off or ripped off while they were fighting, who knows. If it was, it was the right thing to do, unfortunately. Would have been a tough call.

I’m not saying I think they were shot down though.
And I’ve never heard that anywhere else.

Either way, the passengers were very heroic in my book.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
9/11/2019 9:54pm
its one of the days in history i think everyone will remember where they were,

I had not long moved into a flat, and at the times, i always watched the morning news has a had breakfast (it was the morning of the 12th here) , i turned the TV on, and got my flat mate up to watch after i saw about 2 minutes of it, telling him you will want to see this as its history, it was just as they played the video of the 2nd plane going in ,
Beeby
9/12/2019 6:35am
I was in Spain on a vacation with a load of mates. We were in the pool and one friend that had been watching tv all morning (probably hungover) came out and said "someone is attacking the USA", words that confused me at the time but I will never forget.

The second plane hitting was initially (on the news we were watching at least) confused as someone having footage of the first plane, until they noticed the other tower was already on fire.

The initial estimates the news were making on possible numbers killed were in the tens of thousands, so the fact it ended up being under 3000 is a relief (horrible to say).
moto-moto
Fantasy
93rd
9/12/2019 6:49am Edited Date/Time 9/12/2019 8:07am
I was at work (cube farm at that time) and the people around me starting milling about and talking louder, someone brought the TV that was on a cart out from the conference room and we all started watching the telecast, we all watched the second plane hit live... ...turned my stomach and a few of us walked back to our desks, after a few minutes of reflection I left and went got my son out of school and spent the rest of the day with him...

...so much of the world around us changed that day...

...as someone said above, we can never forget.

...edit to add 9/11 Wiki photos...

JAFO92
9/12/2019 7:33am
TXDirt wrote:
Some people did something.
They sure did, and they have lots of enablers even now covering for them.

Angry
agn5009
9/12/2019 10:36am
I remember the day perfectly (which is rare for me. I don’t remember much of anything from my childhood)

I was in 3rd period homeroom in 8th grade. All classes were cancelled and students were to stay in their homeroom class. My homeroom teacher turned the tv on so we could watch the news coverage. I remember her saying “this is a day none of you will ever forget. Our country will forever be changed.” She had tears rolling down her face. It was gut wrenching.

40+ 8th graders literally sat in silence for hours. That’s how big of an impact this was.
Chance1216
9/14/2019 10:32am
A friend of mine. A Marine. This is his memorial tattoo for 9/11. The twin towers being the 11.

Post a reply to: 2,977 killed

The Latest