2020 nfl draft.

ocscottie
4/23/2020 1:04pm
Its going to be pretty interesting how its going to work being all teleconferencing. Did you see how the NFL sent the players a media kit?

btw: NFL thread is HERE
logan_140
4/23/2020 1:41pm
ocscottie wrote:
Its going to be pretty interesting how its going to work being all teleconferencing. Did you see how the NFL sent the players a media kit...
Its going to be pretty interesting how its going to work being all teleconferencing. Did you see how the NFL sent the players a media kit?

btw: NFL thread is HERE
I didn’t see that? What is it??
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/23/2020 1:53pm
I've never watched, but my 10 Y.O. son is all about football and he knows about college players, etc. He wants to watch it tonight so I guess we'll hang out together and he can educate me.
ocscottie
4/23/2020 1:54pm
Its so all the players in the draft can video conference in and be part of the show, it had all the video equipment they need and stuff. They show it on the Draft infomercial, not sure but i think this might be the first huge "virtual gathering" besides eSports and shit..hell i dont know i just pounded a RB and im on fire LMAO

The Shop

GD2
Fantasy
815th
4/23/2020 4:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2020 4:11pm
It's going to be an interesting draft. It's a decent offensive linemen class, but not amazing. The depth at receiver is insane (possibly the best ever), and there are plenty of solid running backs up for grabs. This QB class is so weird, though. Joe Burrow seems to be the only one that everyone believes will be an incredible NFL QB. Everyone is worried about Tua's durability, Herbert's decision making, and basically everything about Jordon Love except for the fact that he has a strong arm.

I'm the most worried for whoever selects Herbert. I watched an hour long film session of him last week and his decision making is questionable at best and he throws screens a lot which isn't encouraging.

I kind of hope the Cowboys pick up Jalen Hurts. Not because I think he could challenge Dak for the starting job, but because I think he would be a much better backup than Cooper Rush and they could incorporate a whole bunch of new packages to get him in the huddle a few times a game. We need a DB in round one, I'd take Jalen in round two, and then pick up a receiver (preferably Devin Duvernay) to replace Randall Cobb in round three. I doubt that's how it will work out, but a man can dream.
ocscottie
4/23/2020 5:22pm
This is kinda weird, it must sorta suck for these players not to get the lime light that a real draft represents.
Nairb#70
4/23/2020 5:30pm
ocscottie wrote:
This is kinda weird, it must sorta suck for these players not to get the lime light that a real draft represents.
Feel bad for the parents too, a lot of work and dedication went into their son, but not the same.
dean122
4/23/2020 6:11pm
I understand the circumstances, but they are dragging the picks out during the broadcast.

I'm compassionate and feel for those that have lost or have sick loved ones during this pandemic, but for selfish reasons this years draft is a huge bummer for our family. My son has worked his ass off for the last 4 months to prepare and he and his agent have done everything they can to get him exposure, but all for not. He won't be considered because he's not a "big name" and his official pro day was cancelled. He's in a position of a lot of high caliber FCS players are in this year because of the current situation, they are in the shadows. He put up his own Pro Day video just like hundreds of other players, but no matter how good the numbers or qualifications of the trainer, it's not the same as actual NFL scouts watching and tracking your stats in person.

Hopefully next year he can at least get a pro-camp invite. He's been talking too and had interest from the Raiders, Dolphins, Chargers, Panthers, Chiefs and a few others at least for practice team consideration, but this lockdown has thrown all that out the window. He's has a serious offer from a CFL team, but he's waiting to see how things play out with undrafted free agents this year.
ocscottie
4/23/2020 6:40pm
Holy shitballs! Did you guys see the dude the Jets drafted? 6'7" 364 lbs and runs the 40 in 5.1 That is soooo scary! That big boy can MOVE.

Niners coming up after the Raiders...i mean traders! (again)
ocscottie
4/23/2020 6:46pm
TB just stole 9ers pick! My new team to hate on Angry
logan_140
4/23/2020 7:06pm
Nope there he goes lol. Maybe lamb then..
Nighttrain
4/23/2020 7:17pm
I do not like the Falcons pick in the first round. We needed an offensive lineman.
agn5009
4/23/2020 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/24/2020 6:50am
Wow. I did not expect the Packers to move up and select Jordan Love. I think he will be a good QB after sitting behind Rogers a few years but I expected them to grab a WR.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/23/2020 9:04pm
agn5009 wrote:
Wow. I did not expect the Packers to move up and select Jordan Love. I think he will be a good QB after sitting behind Rogers...
Wow. I did not expect the Packers to move up and select Jordan Love. I think he will be a good QB after sitting behind Rogers a few years but I expected them to grab a WR.
Rodgers has the potential to play another 4-5 years. That one confused me
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/23/2020 9:06pm
I’m happy the Chargers went with Herbert at QB. Tua’s fragile body worried me, he’s a great player but if he’s on the sideline due to injuries it can cost your team the season.
ocscottie
4/23/2020 10:21pm
agn5009 wrote:
Wow. I did not expect the Packers to move up and select Jordan Love. I think he will be a good QB after sitting behind Rogers...
Par for the course for the Pack, i dont understand them one bit.
agn5009
4/24/2020 6:53am
agn5009 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Yeah he needs another receiver to compliment Adam's. That whole offense runs off the two of them. I fully expected them to select Jefferson or Aiuk.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/24/2020 7:34am
agn5009 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Yeah he needs another receiver to compliment Adam's. That whole offense runs off the two of them. I fully expected them to select Jefferson or Aiuk.
It’s too bad Antonio Browns talent is being wasted due to him being such an big ass. He would be a asset to teams like the Packers/Chargers who are dealing with only one big weapon at WR.
logan_140
4/24/2020 8:52am
agn5009 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
Rodgers to the pats?🙃
Nighttrain
4/24/2020 9:51am
Atlanta’s pick was getting roasted on an Atlanta Sports Radio show this morning. I agree and hope we’re all very wrong.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/24/2020 10:54am
agn5009 wrote:
KennyT wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
Rodgers to the pats?🙃
Please no! We don’t need another 5 years of Pats domination
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/24/2020 3:42pm
GD2 wrote:
It's going to be an interesting draft. It's a decent offensive linemen class, but not amazing. The depth at receiver is insane (possibly the best ever)...
It's going to be an interesting draft. It's a decent offensive linemen class, but not amazing. The depth at receiver is insane (possibly the best ever), and there are plenty of solid running backs up for grabs. This QB class is so weird, though. Joe Burrow seems to be the only one that everyone believes will be an incredible NFL QB. Everyone is worried about Tua's durability, Herbert's decision making, and basically everything about Jordon Love except for the fact that he has a strong arm.

I'm the most worried for whoever selects Herbert. I watched an hour long film session of him last week and his decision making is questionable at best and he throws screens a lot which isn't encouraging.

I kind of hope the Cowboys pick up Jalen Hurts. Not because I think he could challenge Dak for the starting job, but because I think he would be a much better backup than Cooper Rush and they could incorporate a whole bunch of new packages to get him in the huddle a few times a game. We need a DB in round one, I'd take Jalen in round two, and then pick up a receiver (preferably Devin Duvernay) to replace Randall Cobb in round three. I doubt that's how it will work out, but a man can dream.
HAHAHAHAHAHA, the Chargers got Herbert. I don't know anything about him, but to hear that he's extremely good but has a major flaw means he'll fit right in.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/24/2020 6:59pm
GD2 wrote:
It's going to be an interesting draft. It's a decent offensive linemen class, but not amazing. The depth at receiver is insane (possibly the best ever)...

Falcon wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA, the Chargers got Herbert. I don't know anything about him, but to hear that he's extremely good but has a major flaw means he'll fit...
HAHAHAHAHAHA, the Chargers got Herbert. I don't know anything about him, but to hear that he's extremely good but has a major flaw means he'll fit right in.
Being a Oregon Duck fan I watched a lot of his games. I was hoping he’d become a Charger for the past year. The dude has a brilliant mind and with that I think he’ll make a easy transition to the NFL. Talent wise I may have preferred Tua, but with him being injury prone I’m really glad he went to the Dolphins.

Looking forward to seeing Burrows play in the NFL. It may be similar to seeing Peyton Manning come into the league. A tough first season and then he’ll start kicking ass
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
4/24/2020 7:07pm
My favorite part was Bill B’s dog sitting by the computer and him nowhere in sight!
logan_140
4/24/2020 7:18pm
GD2 wrote:

Falcon wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA, the Chargers got Herbert. I don't know anything about him, but to hear that he's extremely good but has a major flaw means he'll fit...
KennyT wrote:
Being a Oregon Duck fan I watched a lot of his games. I was hoping he’d become a Charger for the past year. The dude has...
Being a Oregon Duck fan I watched a lot of his games. I was hoping he’d become a Charger for the past year. The dude has a brilliant mind and with that I think he’ll make a easy transition to the NFL. Talent wise I may have preferred Tua, but with him being injury prone I’m really glad he went to the Dolphins.

Looking forward to seeing Burrows play in the NFL. It may be similar to seeing Peyton Manning come into the league. A tough first season and then he’ll start kicking ass
Biggest problem imo with Herbert is leadership skills. And he just seems so erratic. He single handedly lost Oregon the game vs auburn.
ocscottie
4/24/2020 8:04pm
KennyT wrote:
Being a Oregon Duck fan I watched a lot of his games. I was hoping he’d become a Charger for the past year. The dude has...

Im also a Duck fan and been watching him, do you think he will start his first year? Wont there be a competition for the starter with Tyrod Taylor?

Anything exciting happen in round 2?

Sorry for all the questions, i ended up not really following the draft a whole lot. Tons of bullshit going on at home, man BiPolar people are enough to drive me up the wall! Going to be leaving tire tracks on the ceiling soon. DizzyBlink

4/24/2020 8:51pm
ocscottie wrote:
Im also a Duck fan and been watching him, do you think he will start his first year? Wont there be a competition for the starter...
Im also a Duck fan and been watching him, do you think he will start his first year? Wont there be a competition for the starter with Tyrod Taylor?

Sorry for all the questions, i ended up not really following the draft a whole lot. Tons of bullshit going on at home, man BiPolar people are enough to drive me up the wall! Going to be leaving tire tracks on the ceiling soon. DizzyBlink

Firstly, browns are off season champs again

secondly, Herbert should absolutely not start his rookie year but hes gonna have to. The reality is tyrod taylor isnt gonna cut it. Here in cleveland baker was clearly the best QB but our FO had the right idea with letting baker sit. Everything the buffalo fans said about tyrod we ignored, and it ended up being true. He doesnt make plays, and he is safe with the ball to a great fault. Over the 3 games he played for us he had two good throws and his other highlights were runs. Herbert is gonna start before hes ready because chargers fans are going to get real annoyed with nothing happening game in and game out
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
4/24/2020 10:17pm
KennyT wrote:

ocscottie wrote:
Im also a Duck fan and been watching him, do you think he will start his first year? Wont there be a competition for the starter...

I’d like to see him start but you really never know how the coach will play things out. A lot might have to do with how much time he can get in with this virus crap going on. Even if he doesn’t start, I would see him coming in later n the season at the first sign of Tyrod screwing up. Or if the Chargers are consistently losing, then I’d see him being put in to gain experience.
az2u
4/25/2020 8:31am Edited Date/Time 4/25/2020 8:33am
I thought the 49ers drafted really well in the first round. With the 14th pick the team took defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw . At pick 25 the 9ers selected wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk.

Post a reply to: 2020 nfl draft.

The Latest