Above Ground Pool Advice

Boxvan446
Edited Date/Time 10/7/2017 8:09pm
So I searched around a little and saw information regarding in ground pools but not much on above ground. Our neighbor who has an in ground has a salt water pool and swears by it. In ground is not an option based on our lot layout so we'd like to move forward with an above ground. It will have to be an oval based on deck layout and we are looking at a 15x30 with a 54" side wall. Anyone have any experience? Advice? I was reading on a few other forums (pool related) and some say you can do a salt water above ground and some say you can't. Thanks in advance.
|
mxracer816
Fantasy
2864th
10/7/2017 7:08am
We have a 28 foot circular above ground, my wife is self trained and great at keeping it sparkling blue with just regular chemicals, but salt water is an option. Find a good local pool store that will test a water sample from your pool and give you advice. That will be your biggest asset. Don't cheap on the chemicals if you decide to go that route because you do get what you pay for.
TXDirt
10/7/2017 8:36am
If you can do an above ground pool because of lot size you can do same size but in ground. No?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/7/2017 8:42am
TXDirt wrote:
If you can do an above ground pool because of lot size you can do same size but in ground. No?
Different kind of budget.
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/7/2017 8:50am
Boxvan446 wrote:
So I searched around a little and saw information regarding in ground pools but not much on above ground. Our neighbor who has an in ground...
So I searched around a little and saw information regarding in ground pools but not much on above ground. Our neighbor who has an in ground has a salt water pool and swears by it. In ground is not an option based on our lot layout so we'd like to move forward with an above ground. It will have to be an oval based on deck layout and we are looking at a 15x30 with a 54" side wall. Anyone have any experience? Advice? I was reading on a few other forums (pool related) and some say you can do a salt water above ground and some say you can't. Thanks in advance.
Sure you want to put up a pool in wisconsin in october?Cool

The Shop

sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
10/7/2017 9:49am
Not sure why you couldn't make an above ground pool a salt pool unless the salt harms the vinyl liner some how. Some salt systems require less salt than others. The business end is just a cell in the plumbing and a piece of equipment to run it. Nothing special there.
Boxvan446
10/7/2017 8:04pm
TXDirt wrote:
The way the yard lays out I have to put up a retaining wall to level enough space for the above ground. I could make an in ground work, it would be a a lot smaller (as far as the actual pool size compared to the above ground) and require a lot larger wall to support it.
Hut
10/7/2017 8:09pm
early wrote:
Sure you want to put up a pool in wisconsin in october?Cool

Post a reply to: Above Ground Pool Advice

The Latest