Aftermarket Car Stereos??

rucka356
1/28/2018 6:14pm
My 2008 Expedition CD player bit the dust. Want to pull out the 6 disc cd changer and replace with something a little nicer and upgrade what was in there. Looking to install a double din stereo that has blue tooth, gps, cd player, and back up camera. My big question is the back up camera. Anybody know how these are wired in? I saw something about tapping into reverse light wire, but no idea.... Also wondering, if the stereo is blue tooth capable, has anyone been able to just get a wireless back up camera and have it sync up with stereo? Any tips or ideas greatly appreciated!
|
Kenny Lingus
1/28/2018 6:32pm
Check out Crutchfield. You can do a live chat with them and they can tell you all sorts of info.
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
1/28/2018 6:46pm
Backup cameras use rca cables for the video and splice into the reverse lights to turn on. You can avoid splicing into the reverse lights and set up a switch to turn it on whenever you want. Same with getting it to play video while driving, just use a switch to ground out instead of connecting to the parking brake wire. Obviously this is illegal and you shouldn't watch videos while driving, so ya know. Use discretion.
As mentioned, go to crutchfield.com they have excellent customer service that can answer any question you have, and build your cart with the parts you want/need. They also sell quality stuff with clear instructions. They're a little more than buying pieces individually through Amazon but worth the extra couple bucks. Seriously.
Don't waste Bluetooth on a camera, wire it properly.
rucka356
1/28/2018 6:56pm
Do you have to run the RCA cable from front to back or are you jumping the signal thru an existing wire of some sort for back up camera? Sorry, i am completely clueless when it comes to this. Been looking on Crutchfield website for a few minutes..... so many options!
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
1/28/2018 7:02pm
rucka356 wrote:
Do you have to run the RCA cable from front to back or are you jumping the signal thru an existing wire of some sort for...
Do you have to run the RCA cable from front to back or are you jumping the signal thru an existing wire of some sort for back up camera? Sorry, i am completely clueless when it comes to this. Been looking on Crutchfield website for a few minutes..... so many options!
You can't splice an rca into anything else, it have to run it from the back to the front.
Don't bother looking through what they got, use the chat feature and tell them what you want. The chat person will find what you want and put it in your cart.
Personally I avoid Kenwood because they don't use 3rd party certification. If you're not going to use an aftermarket amp I'd suggest 18watts rms or more for good sound quality. Max wattage doesn't mean shit, rms is what matters.

The Shop

rucka356
1/28/2018 7:11pm
colintrax wrote:
You can't splice an rca into anything else, it have to run it from the back to the front. Don't bother looking through what they got...
You can't splice an rca into anything else, it have to run it from the back to the front.
Don't bother looking through what they got, use the chat feature and tell them what you want. The chat person will find what you want and put it in your cart.
Personally I avoid Kenwood because they don't use 3rd party certification. If you're not going to use an aftermarket amp I'd suggest 18watts rms or more for good sound quality. Max wattage doesn't mean shit, rms is what matters.
I didn't think you could, but thinking about how i am going to get an RCA cable from the back of an expedition to the dash seems like a real pain in the A$$....
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
1/28/2018 7:17pm
rucka356 wrote:
I didn't think you could, but thinking about how i am going to get an RCA cable from the back of an expedition to the dash...
I didn't think you could, but thinking about how i am going to get an RCA cable from the back of an expedition to the dash seems like a real pain in the A$$....
It's easy, try running 2 gauge wire Grinning just find holes in the body and map out where to bring it through the body. Cover the wires so they don't get freyed. Tuck wires under trim or run under the carpet to get it to the dash.
In my explorer I got a 2nd battery in the back, an amp under the back passenger seat with the sub built into the cargo area, and a 2000 watt inverter behind the other cargo area panel. It's a mess of cables running all over the place.
Idaho747
1/29/2018 5:50am
I just did a pioneer head unit with an sub and amp and backup camera on my f250. Took about 4 hours. None of it was very bad except running the video wire to the back of the truck. It’s always fun crawling around on the garage floor having dirt and dust fall in your eyes an mouth. And water from the snow. But I called around to a couple local shops and they all wanted close to a thousand dollars to do it all. I saved myself about 700 by doing it myself. (I already had the sub and amp and enclosure.
1/29/2018 2:09pm
Put your backup camera to a switch. That way if a hot chic is behind you at a red light you can creep on her without throwing her in reverse. Ha
MR. X
1/29/2018 2:46pm
I used a back up camera in my wifes truck as a baby monitor so my wife could keep an eye on our son when he was young.
tobias56
1/30/2018 7:00pm
Idaho747 wrote:
I just did a pioneer head unit with an sub and amp and backup camera on my f250. Took about 4 hours. None of it was...
I just did a pioneer head unit with an sub and amp and backup camera on my f250. Took about 4 hours. None of it was very bad except running the video wire to the back of the truck. It’s always fun crawling around on the garage floor having dirt and dust fall in your eyes an mouth. And water from the snow. But I called around to a couple local shops and they all wanted close to a thousand dollars to do it all. I saved myself about 700 by doing it myself. (I already had the sub and amp and enclosure.
We'll be working on buddy's F250 right after we finished the installation of a new set of tires and atv plow on the Brute. Does that Pioneer head unit come with bluetooth?
Idaho747
1/31/2018 6:00am
Idaho747 wrote:
I just did a pioneer head unit with an sub and amp and backup camera on my f250. Took about 4 hours. None of it was...
tobias56 wrote:
We'll be working on buddy's F250 right after we finished the installation of a new set of tires and [url=http://4wheelonline.com/atv/ATV-UTV-Plows.107919]atv plow[/url] on the Brute. Does that...
We'll be working on buddy's F250 right after we finished the installation of a new set of tires and atv plow on the Brute. Does that Pioneer head unit come with bluetooth?
Yes. I got the avh-290bt model. It’s honestly a pretty basic model but it had everything I wanted for a good price. (RCA outputs and video in. Subwoofer control. Bluetooth. Decent wattage to speakers. DVD)
Nascarnick
2/1/2018 8:31am
Check out www.creativeaudio.net

They are a great group of professionals!! They answer the phone, speak English, and have 5 retail locations as well. They understand this category and value every customer!

Post a reply to: Aftermarket Car Stereos??

The Latest