Another Floyd cover

borg
This is in my top 5 Floyd songs.

I don't think I want to hear it again for a while after doing this.
|
reded
11/17/2017 3:56pm
Can you imagine scratching out an entire album and then going on a year long tour playing the shit?
borg
11/17/2017 4:36pm
reded wrote:
Can you imagine scratching out an entire album and then going on a year long tour playing the shit?
I've covered lots of different bands. Most of the time a song like Wicked Game would take me 3 or 4 days working a few hours a day. Floyd is off the charts. We're talking weeks and weeks. It could be that I'm just slow but there is so much complexity and nuance under the surface with them.

There was more to this job than meets the eye. Fun to do though.
Mr. G
11/18/2017 3:16pm
borg wrote:
This is in my top 5 Floyd songs. [embed][/embed] I don't think I want to hear it again for a while after doing this.

I can only imagine how long this must have taken as there are so many small things going on and you can't bash your way through. If you don't mind I would lessen the vocal reverb a little, maybe 10%. Keep the length. Maybe a bigger room but just a tad less over all. Maybe a stereo widener on the vocals? But do not touch the vocal delay part, it is perfect. The mix itself is good. Lots of head room and you can hear everything. That is hard to do. Very hard actually. The guitar parts are good as usual. I would be proud of this.
wreckitrandy
11/18/2017 4:53pm
Impressive! Great job again man. Youtube "Carry On Wayward Son, Band Geek" to check out another great cover. I'd do the link thingy but I'm too stupid to make it happen. It's worth watching. Two guys recorded the whole thing in 4 hours!

The Shop

borg
11/18/2017 5:45pm
borg wrote:
This is in my top 5 Floyd songs. [embed][/embed] I don't think I want to hear it again for a while after doing this.

Mr. G wrote:
I can only imagine how long this must have taken as there are so many small things going on and you can't bash your way through...
I can only imagine how long this must have taken as there are so many small things going on and you can't bash your way through. If you don't mind I would lessen the vocal reverb a little, maybe 10%. Keep the length. Maybe a bigger room but just a tad less over all. Maybe a stereo widener on the vocals? But do not touch the vocal delay part, it is perfect. The mix itself is good. Lots of head room and you can hear everything. That is hard to do. Very hard actually. The guitar parts are good as usual. I would be proud of this.
I didn't use any delay on the vocals but I do tend to use too much reverb. Mostly because I think I need it. Overcompensation.
Good positive feedback G.
As to the small things going on, it's never ending. You are never done with a Floyd song.

Post a reply to: Another Floyd cover

The Latest