Anyone watch daytona?

hillbilly
I see sponsors sitting these races out if nasca r continues its tailspin.

Millions left out there. Used to be a third of the budget for 4 races.

Huge pileups for nothing.
|
Nighttrain
7/7/2018 8:14pm Edited Date/Time 7/7/2018 8:15pm
Yep, another crashfest for restrictor plate racing. Barely enough finishers to go 10 deep for points. Hilarious that #17 finished considering his role in the big one and the crash after the big one. I’m layed up recovering from total hip replacement surgery. That entertaining race took 4 hours off the clock
Firefly47
7/7/2018 9:14pm
That dipshit Stenhouse ruined a lot of people's nights tonight.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/8/2018 12:45pm
If you like crashes, that was perfect.

Such a shitshow.

The Shop

KMC440
7/8/2018 12:59pm
Make them #4000 cars with 16gauge sheet metal and let'em go at it
71Fish
7/8/2018 8:38pm
Not sure what has gone wrong with NASCAR. Prior to the "great rescession" it was really hard to get good tickets, even in the non-NASCAR region where I lived. Now even Daytona and the Bristol night race is barely half full. I noticed Saturday night they did that same lame social media crap as in SX. Maybe that's what they think the 18-35 crowd wants.
Maybe, like myself alot of people just lost interest. For me there are only 2-4 must see races to catch on TV.
It was great seeing a first time winner. Maybe more of that would bring in fans.
SEEMEFIRST
7/8/2018 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2018 8:54pm
Once they went "spec" racing who cares?

Use to be Chevy v. Ford, now? Can you tell a Toyota from a Chevy without stickers?
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/9/2018 6:47am
I know it was a crash fest shit show but to be honest the only nascar races I don’t miss a lap when viewing are the restrictor plate races and the road courses. I don’t watch it for the “big one”, I just think it is exciting to watch a race where the winner is unknown until the flag falls and it’s also pretty cool to see these guys race that close at 200mph

And I’m old school. I grew up by Riverside raceway and watched NASCAR when Gurney, AJ, Parnelli, Andretti, Petty etc we’re behind the wheel

I would like to see another woman make it into the field. Danica had talent but she was not a contender. I did like seeing how she would do each week and when we made the trek to Talledaga there was a ton of fan support for her
LoudLove
7/9/2018 8:13am
Restrictor Plates = Restricted Racing. Mechanical equivalency leads to close racing, but not every driver has the skills to manage their vehicle in tight quarters for extended periods. Remove (or open) the plates, and let set-up be the limiting factor, not an engine gasping for air.

When a series car from 1988 will lay waste to its 2018 cousin, that's not better racing, it's just flat-lining the field. And NASCAR wonders why it has a popularity problem.
Nighttrain
7/9/2018 8:24am
KennyT wrote:
I know it was a crash fest shit show but to be honest the only nascar races I don’t miss a lap when viewing are the...
I know it was a crash fest shit show but to be honest the only nascar races I don’t miss a lap when viewing are the restrictor plate races and the road courses. I don’t watch it for the “big one”, I just think it is exciting to watch a race where the winner is unknown until the flag falls and it’s also pretty cool to see these guys race that close at 200mph

And I’m old school. I grew up by Riverside raceway and watched NASCAR when Gurney, AJ, Parnelli, Andretti, Petty etc we’re behind the wheel

I would like to see another woman make it into the field. Danica had talent but she was not a contender. I did like seeing how she would do each week and when we made the trek to Talledaga there was a ton of fan support for her
How soon could Hailie Neegan be moved up? I like watching the road courses, too.
7/9/2018 11:13am
LoudLove wrote:
Restrictor Plates = Restricted Racing. Mechanical equivalency leads to close racing, but not every driver has the skills to manage their vehicle in tight quarters for...
Restrictor Plates = Restricted Racing. Mechanical equivalency leads to close racing, but not every driver has the skills to manage their vehicle in tight quarters for extended periods. Remove (or open) the plates, and let set-up be the limiting factor, not an engine gasping for air.

When a series car from 1988 will lay waste to its 2018 cousin, that's not better racing, it's just flat-lining the field. And NASCAR wonders why it has a popularity problem.
That's not entirely accurate the 2018 card would smoke the 1988 car without a plate.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
7/9/2018 11:31am
Nighttrain wrote:
How soon could Hailie Neegan be moved up? I like watching the road courses, too.
i'd expect Hailie to be in the truck series on at least a limited schedule next year, shes been going well in the K & N series, its been interesting following her,
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/9/2018 12:26pm
Nighttrain wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
i'd expect Hailie to be in the truck series on at least a limited schedule next year, shes been going well in the K & N...
i'd expect Hailie to be in the truck series on at least a limited schedule next year, shes been going well in the K & N series, its been interesting following her,
Deegan seems to be a good bet to make it in the top series. There is also a really nice kid in the ARCA series, Natalie Decker. Seems to have talent and so much more likable than Danica’s abrasive personality
LoudLove
7/9/2018 2:32pm
LoudLove wrote:
Restrictor Plates = Restricted Racing. Mechanical equivalency leads to close racing, but not every driver has the skills to manage their vehicle in tight quarters for...

That's not entirely accurate the 2018 card would smoke the 1988 car without a plate.
Exactly! Take off the damn plate and let the guys who can wrestle those pigs at full tilt do it. There's a big difference between 200 and 220 MPH, and that's what separates the good from the great.
71Fish
7/16/2018 4:35am
KennyT wrote:
I know it was a crash fest shit show but to be honest the only nascar races I don’t miss a lap when viewing are the...

Danica moved up too fast. They should have left her in Xfinity and let her compete for a title. Besides a few random top 5/10 finishes, she never averaged past the mid-20s. It was stricly a business decision to move her up.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/16/2018 7:08am
KennyT wrote:

71Fish wrote:
Danica moved up too fast. They should have left her in Xfinity and let her compete for a title. Besides a few random top 5/10 finishes...
Danica moved up too fast. They should have left her in Xfinity and let her compete for a title. Besides a few random top 5/10 finishes, she never averaged past the mid-20s. It was stricly a business decision to move her up.
I believe you are right. She was a cash machine and they wanted to take advantage of it as soon as possible.

Post a reply to: Anyone watch daytona?

The Latest