Blue Planet 2 - Plastic Oceans

12/16/2017 2:43am
Anyone else been watching the Blue Planet 2 series? I loved the first series and the second series certainly hasn't disappointed. They have shown short segments on how plastic is having an effect on ocean life and its pretty scary, forget global warming, this to me seems like a much more urgent problem that surely EVERYONE can agree on, maybe thats why it receives limited/no media coverage.

|
12/16/2017 10:25am
I’ll have to check that out. Damn humans! You have this, that and the other and throw in a topping of Fukushima and we are doomed Sad
mtnr
12/16/2017 10:31am
It's intense. I surf in remote Baja and have plastic bags float by all the time. Bottles, containers, whatever. Over the last 5 years it's ramped up big time. Too many people on the planet and to many of them littering.
12/16/2017 4:09pm
mtnr wrote:
It's intense. I surf in remote Baja and have plastic bags float by all the time. Bottles, containers, whatever. Over the last 5 years it's ramped...
It's intense. I surf in remote Baja and have plastic bags float by all the time. Bottles, containers, whatever. Over the last 5 years it's ramped up big time. Too many people on the planet and to many of them littering.
They show a short clip of surfers on waves with bags and bottles etc, looked pretty disgusting to be honest
mtnr
12/16/2017 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 12/16/2017 7:52pm
mtnr wrote:
It's intense. I surf in remote Baja and have plastic bags float by all the time. Bottles, containers, whatever. Over the last 5 years it's ramped...
They show a short clip of surfers on waves with bags and bottles etc, looked pretty disgusting to be honest
It is... The Pacific is filled with bloated fish and birds with stomachs filled with plastic bits. Fuck.

The Atlantic is no different. Lived in Puerto Rico 2 years ago for 7 months swimming and surfing daily. Lots of garbage in the water and on the shore, unless you see it, it's hard to believe. 6 months in Mexico this year and same deal. People need to stop throwing there shit on the ground, lots of it ends up in the ocean.

Post a reply to: Blue Planet 2 - Plastic Oceans

The Latest