Buying a game console

Nystrom
Edited Date/Time 3/17/2018 3:31pm
Hi. I never been a gamer since i dont like to slow down and sit down for more than the time it takes me to eat my food but as i have gotten a pretty serious injury i should calm the fck down for a while and i was thinking of a tv game console. Is the new xbox one x the shit? I have no idea what games there is for it and whats coming but i understand there are a couple of moto games coming but i dont know which ones? I played the latest mxgp and i thought it was awsome.
|
11/21/2017 5:36am
One x is pretty cool machine. We cut cable so it’s our multimedia box. 4K capability. Runs very fast. And can game when you want. I don’t play a lot anymore but that Xbox is running Huluplus Netflix and amazon daily.

In my opinion try to get the best deal. I have a 2 TB HD. The 500gb fill up fast. But you can buy an external HD up to like 8TB. And they’re so small you don’t notice them sitting near.

games:
MXGP3 is fun.
And the new call of duty will keep you plenty busy enough.

Although I see the one S consoles are going for 189.99, not as fast. But they’re still great. The way it ventilated though you can’t stack anything on top. the new x vent placement allows you to stack a something on top like
Your modem or wireless router etc....
Donovan759
11/21/2017 5:54am
I definitely would recommend Xbox One X. Excellent system. Plenty of new moto games coming out. Also the new COD is in my opinion the best game they have ever made.
MR. X
11/21/2017 6:24am
I own the Xbox one , don't get to play it very much these days but I've never had any issues with it . My biggest complaint is the few times I actually have time to play and I turn the console on ,it won't let me play online until I do their fucking update ,by which time I'm ready for bed or have run out of freetime.
11/21/2017 6:48am Edited Date/Time 11/21/2017 6:48am
yea that is frustrating. The updates. Set your console to
Auto update.

Initially downloading games pisses me off. Takes a while. after it’s downloaded that first day you’re good.

The Shop

Spydee
11/21/2017 8:00am
PS4 - the exclusive games are far superior than the Xbox's IMO (The Last of Us and Uncharted series for instance).
peelout
11/21/2017 8:24am Edited Date/Time 11/21/2017 10:47am
i LOVE my PS4, like Spydee said the exclusives are far superior.

however, they are missing a HUGE slice of the gamer pie by not including backward compatible games. XBOne does it there. i'll be picking one up this Christmas to have the best of both worlds. i took my shirt off when they started making original Xbox games backwards compatible (i'm looking at you Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, you sexy beast)
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/21/2017 10:13am
peelout wrote:
i LOVE my PS4, like Spydee said the exclusives are far superior. however, they are missing a HUGE slice of the gamer pie by not including...

however, they are missing a HUGE slice of the gamer pie by not including backward compatible games. XBOne does it there. i'll be picking one up this Christmas to have the best of both worlds. i took my shirt off when they started making original Xbox games backwards compatible (i'm looking at you Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, you sexy beast)
PS5 is supposed to have backwards compability. You can always play older games via PS Now.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/21/2017 10:18am
Another vote for the PS4/PS4 Pro. Amazing console, exclusive games are far superior than Xbox in my opinion. Also, seems like there's a lot less annoying kids playing online compared to the Xbox community.
Nystrom
11/21/2017 10:25am
My brother has a xbox one, can we borrow each others games or are they locked to a console even if they are discs? Im mostly looking at forza and mxgp 3 but if im looking at a fps it has to be realistic and not some future science deal. Are there anymore moto games besides mxgp 3 and the coming supercross game worth looking at?
peelout
11/21/2017 10:49am
peelout wrote:
i LOVE my PS4, like Spydee said the exclusives are far superior. however, they are missing a HUGE slice of the gamer pie by not including...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
PS5 is supposed to have backwards compability. You can always play older games via PS Now.
yeah, i knew about the PS Now but the KOTOR games were Xbox specific. i saw they have Red Ded Redemption on PS Now, might have to get it going
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/21/2017 10:49am
Nystrom wrote:
My brother has a xbox one, can we borrow each others games or are they locked to a console even if they are discs? Im mostly...
My brother has a xbox one, can we borrow each others games or are they locked to a console even if they are discs? Im mostly looking at forza and mxgp 3 but if im looking at a fps it has to be realistic and not some future science deal. Are there anymore moto games besides mxgp 3 and the coming supercross game worth looking at?
You can purchase used games so I don't see why games would be locked to a specific consoles.

First person shooters that are not sci-fi/futuristic, Call of Duty: WWII just came out, Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4 is a couple years old but is a modern shooter with tanks, jeeps, planes, helicopters all driveable.

As far as MX games I'd stick with MXGP3 and wait for the new ones to be released.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/21/2017 10:54am
peelout wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:
peelout wrote:
yeah, i knew about the PS Now but the KOTOR games were Xbox specific. i saw they have Red Ded Redemption on PS Now, might have...
yeah, i knew about the PS Now but the KOTOR games were Xbox specific. i saw they have Red Ded Redemption on PS Now, might have to get it going
Red Dead Redemption 2 is being released next spring and I can't fucking wait. Has to be one of the best series to date. Rockstar Games always put out great games. They don't rush shit and it pays off big time.
MR. X
11/21/2017 11:11am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Red Dead Redemption 2 is being released next spring and I can't fucking wait. Has to be one of the best series to date. Rockstar Games...
Red Dead Redemption 2 is being released next spring and I can't fucking wait. Has to be one of the best series to date. Rockstar Games always put out great games. They don't rush shit and it pays off big time.
One of my favorite rockstar games was Bully ,I think it was for ps2.
11/21/2017 11:21am
original Xbox: the original ghost recons. If they would remake those. I would play it. Ghost recon Island thunder. Best games ever.

There was another military strategy game, I don't think it was soldier of fortune....but this game you basically directed the team to move, support fire and cover. The only thing you could do that was first person was fire a m203 grenade. Can't rememver what it was called.

edit: FULL SPECTRUM WARRIOR was the game.
peelout
11/21/2017 11:31am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
peelout wrote:
yeah, i knew about the PS Now but the KOTOR games were Xbox specific. i saw they have Red Ded Redemption on PS Now, might have...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Red Dead Redemption 2 is being released next spring and I can't fucking wait. Has to be one of the best series to date. Rockstar Games...
RDR 2 is going to be great. RDR was and still is my favorite game i've ever played. same with the GTA series.

i heard they are re-making Bully for current gen systems, hopefully not just a port because it was a great game.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/21/2017 11:36am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
MR. X wrote:
One of my favorite rockstar games was Bully ,I think it was for ps2.
Sequel apparently in the works. Red Dead Redemption 2 is finishing up and after that I think they'll move onto Bully 2. Some say GTA 6 since 5 has been out since 2013 but they're still making a boat load of money off the micro transactions so that might buy them some time.

Regardless of what they put out next I'm buying it. Seriously, Rockstar Games are that good.
TXDirt
11/21/2017 11:37am
Original Ghost Recon was the shit!! Spent many hours playing clan matches....Siege and Team Death Match.

GRIT was good too. But it can't ever replace the original!!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/21/2017 11:40am
peelout wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
peelout wrote:
RDR 2 is going to be great. RDR was and still is my favorite game i've ever played. same with the GTA series. i heard they...
RDR 2 is going to be great. RDR was and still is my favorite game i've ever played. same with the GTA series.

i heard they are re-making Bully for current gen systems, hopefully not just a port because it was a great game.
Brand new game. Probably next game they'll put out after RDR2.

There's also a game called Agent that they haven't completely abandoned. I remember hearing about it not long after the PS3 was released.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/21/2017 11:55am
TXDirt wrote:
Original Ghost Recon was the shit!! Spent many hours playing clan matches....Siege and Team Death Match. GRIT was good too. But it can't ever replace the...
Original Ghost Recon was the shit!! Spent many hours playing clan matches....Siege and Team Death Match.

GRIT was good too. But it can't ever replace the original!!
The Ghost Recon games were fun to play but I don't recall if I've ever played them online. I was going to buy the new one that has to do with the drug cartels but never got around to it. From the video's I've seen it looks pretty good.

Also, I can't be the only one waiting for a new SOCOM: US Navy SEALs game to be made. Those were awesome.
Donovan759
11/21/2017 11:59am
Nystrom wrote:
My brother has a xbox one, can we borrow each others games or are they locked to a console even if they are discs? Im mostly...
They aren't locked. You need the disc to play them even after they're downloaded to the console though.
Donovan759
11/21/2017 12:00pm
I am a huge forza fan but other than that I could care less about the other XB exclusive games. But forza IMO is the best car racing game out there.
Sunhouse
11/21/2017 1:38pm
Ps4 is the way to go if you want to play. For multimedia you can go with either, but the Xbox is the newest and best performer in that regard.

I went on a rampage about two weeks ago, bought all the games I have wanted; Bloodborne, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted Lost Legacy, The Last of Us Remastered, Horizon Zero Dawn and Assassins Creed Origins. I’ve only played two session of Horizon so far. I will spend this weekend playing all day, every day. Bought a new 4K HDR tv too. I’m 33 and not ashamed.
Also, I’m pretty damn good at Battlefield, love the team work and tactics
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/21/2017 1:50pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Ps4 is the way to go if you want to play. For multimedia you can go with either, but the Xbox is the newest and best...
Ps4 is the way to go if you want to play. For multimedia you can go with either, but the Xbox is the newest and best performer in that regard.

I went on a rampage about two weeks ago, bought all the games I have wanted; Bloodborne, Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted Lost Legacy, The Last of Us Remastered, Horizon Zero Dawn and Assassins Creed Origins. I’ve only played two session of Horizon so far. I will spend this weekend playing all day, every day. Bought a new 4K HDR tv too. I’m 33 and not ashamed.
I just started playing Assassin's Creed Origins and I have Call of Duty: WWII of the shelf waiting to be played. Should keep me busy until the MX games comes out. I also have Battlefield 1 but haven't played it all that much. I still need to purchase a 4K TV but think I'll wait until the PS5 is announced. It might be announced next year with a 2019 release date but some say 2020.

I'll need to buy Uncharted Lost Legacy. Played all the other ones and love that series.

PlayStation guy since day 1.

What's your PSN Name? I might of already added you to the Vital MX group I created but not sure. If not I'll send you an invite.

What about you Peely? You play online?
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
11/21/2017 1:51pm
I'm truly disappointed in the XBox One we got for my kids last Christmas, which failed in less than 8 months. They don't play all that often and we take good care of our stuff, but it developed the "Green Screen of Death," (look it up,) and that was it.
Never mind that it is frighteningly difficult to set up, the wireless controllers have their own identities (complete with their own logins,) and most of the games require an internet connection to play; the damn thing also needs to download each game for what is sometimes several hours before you can begin playing. Not a fan.

On a happy side note, Costco gave us back our money for the thing. Smile Using that to buy a PS4. I hope we don't have all the same problems.
peelout
11/21/2017 1:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2017 1:56pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Ps4 is the way to go if you want to play. For multimedia you can go with either, but the Xbox is the newest and best...

The Last of Us Remastered is a masterpiece of a game, make sure you play the DLC as well. really looking forward to Part 2.

Horizon is good, i had to play on an easier difficulty though, grinding against the tougher machines is kind of a drag in my opinion. i'm an avid gamer, so i usually play on harder difficulties even on newer games that i'm unfamiliar with. but on Horizon, i got really bored with it about 5 hours in because i just kept getting absolutely murdered.

Metal Gear is fucking legit. you can play that game any way you fucking please, and it's awesome. i switch back and forth from no-kill super stealth to long range silent sniper, to run-gun. too much fun. extracting high-level officers to your base is also really addicting. fuckin' love that game.

@Maverick, speaking of i just ordered Xfinity to be installed at my house, so right now i don't play any online but soon i will be on a little bit. i can't remember my screen name, peelout719 probably...
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
11/21/2017 2:20pm
Sunhouse wrote:

peelout wrote:
The Last of Us Remastered is a masterpiece of a game, make sure you play the DLC as well. really looking forward to Part 2. Horizon...
The Last of Us Remastered is a masterpiece of a game, make sure you play the DLC as well. really looking forward to Part 2.

Horizon is good, i had to play on an easier difficulty though, grinding against the tougher machines is kind of a drag in my opinion. i'm an avid gamer, so i usually play on harder difficulties even on newer games that i'm unfamiliar with. but on Horizon, i got really bored with it about 5 hours in because i just kept getting absolutely murdered.

Metal Gear is fucking legit. you can play that game any way you fucking please, and it's awesome. i switch back and forth from no-kill super stealth to long range silent sniper, to run-gun. too much fun. extracting high-level officers to your base is also really addicting. fuckin' love that game.

@Maverick, speaking of i just ordered Xfinity to be installed at my house, so right now i don't play any online but soon i will be on a little bit. i can't remember my screen name, peelout719 probably...
I bought the Last of Us with the intention of playing and then.....PS4 came out and the Last of Us is still in the wrapper it came with lol. Had I known they were going to release it on PS4 I wouldn't of bought it for the PS3. I did the same thing with GTA V. I'll more than likely buy The Last of Us Part 2.

I'll look up your screen name and see if anything comes up. If it does I'll send you and invite for the Vital MX group along with a friend request.

I think the last Metal Gear game I've played was on PS2 or maybe PS3. Been a while, I know that much. Come to think of it I might be thinking of Splinter Cell.

To OP, Sorry for hijacking the thread. Should probably start a game thread.
11/21/2017 2:28pm
I'm primarily a PC player but Iv'e also had a lot of fun out of the PS4. The Last of Us gets mentioned a lot but it fully deserves all the praise - stunning game. Big Dark Souls fan too, just a shame I still can't yet play Demon Souls (PS3) on the PS4.

Anyone else also enjoy Until Dawn?

The Xbox One seems to be perfectly good too though, I don't think you can really go wrong with either.
11/21/2017 2:31pm
No idea whether it's worth it but the PS4 does also support it's own VR headset too.

Post a reply to: Buying a game console

The Latest