Comedians - who ya watching?

Crush
4/17/2020 6:55am
Any recommendations? Enjoyed Segura and Bert’e latest efforts. Joy Koy too. Chapelle’s last stuff was pretty amazing but still not FWIW. Burr’s last was his best I think.

I struggle with Delia. What else? Any comedy fans?

Fuck I wish Uncle Joey would be recorded in secret!
|
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
4/17/2020 7:18am
I just watched Seguras newest, really good but not his best. I was just thinking that I need to seek out more new comedy...will have to get back to ya.
Crush
4/17/2020 7:45am
seth505 wrote:
I just watched Seguras newest, really good but not his best. I was just thinking that I need to seek out more new comedy...will have to...
I just watched Seguras newest, really good but not his best. I was just thinking that I need to seek out more new comedy...will have to get back to ya.
Funny with Bert and Tom. I love Tom in conversations... and I want Bert to shut the fuck up.

Bert’s comedy is probably more digestible, subject matter aside as he just lays shit out there. I find I almost have to be in the mood to watch Segura, but his last one had so much pace that you just sort of breezed through.

Not a massive Hart fan. He’s funny, but like all the huge arena guys, sometimes there is too much broadcasting going on...
4/17/2020 7:49am
its not standup, but i have been listening to the king and the sting podcast on youtube.. its theo von and brenden schaub; overall it has a roast feel to it as they make fun of each other and the people that send stuff in to them..

JeremyK
4/17/2020 8:01am
Louis CK just put his latest hour on his webpage , i think it was like 7 bucks to download . Well worth it ,he is a genius . By far his best material .

The Shop

Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
4/17/2020 9:21am
I like Jim Jefferies old stuff. That shit is raw and hilarious.
Oldschool
4/17/2020 10:39am
Yeah , off work for a month now the T.V. is getting a work out
Currently watching Workaholics the 2nd time around.
Ebs
4/17/2020 10:50am
Dan Soder, found myself watching a bunch of his stuff on youtube the other night.

4/17/2020 11:57am
It's older but I recently really enjoyed James Acaster's 4 part special on Netflix.
Crush
4/17/2020 2:57pm
its not standup, but i have been listening to the king and the sting podcast on youtube.. its theo von and brenden schaub; overall it has...
its not standup, but i have been listening to the king and the sting podcast on youtube.. its theo von and brenden schaub; overall it has a roast feel to it as they make fun of each other and the people that send stuff in to them..

Yeah have listened. I like Theo’s podcast input, he’s a weird dude. Can’t do how own solo pod but have seen a few random hits of standup. Is cool.
Crush
4/17/2020 2:58pm
JeremyK wrote:
Louis CK just put his latest hour on his webpage , i think it was like 7 bucks to download . Well worth it ,he is...
Louis CK just put his latest hour on his webpage , i think it was like 7 bucks to download . Well worth it ,he is a genius . By far his best material .
Sweet! Will check it out. I’m not discriminatory against people who jerk off in front of others, especially if they ask first haha
Sunhouse
4/17/2020 3:28pm
I have grow fond of this guys take on stand up. It´s not loud or anything, but he makes good points.
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
4/17/2020 5:32pm
I don't know why but I like Anthony Jeselnik’s style of comedy too. Although Chappelle has the best stand up right now hands down.
Sully
4/17/2020 7:09pm
Crush wrote:
Any recommendations? Enjoyed Segura and Bert’e latest efforts. Joy Koy too. Chapelle’s last stuff was pretty amazing but still not FWIW. Burr’s last was his best...
Any recommendations? Enjoyed Segura and Bert’e latest efforts. Joy Koy too. Chapelle’s last stuff was pretty amazing but still not FWIW. Burr’s last was his best I think.

I struggle with Delia. What else? Any comedy fans?

Fuck I wish Uncle Joey would be recorded in secret!
I agree about D'Elia. I think he's hysterical when he's a guest on podcasts, but I just don't find his stand up to be all that funny. I'll second Jeremy's recommendation for Louis CK. Freaking hilarious stuff.

After all of the COVID19 and government overreach crap is over with, Stanhope definitely needs to put out a special. His take on all this would be monumental.
Chance1216
4/17/2020 7:24pm
I watched Robin Williams Live on Broadway the other day. I thought it was pretty good.
JeremyK
4/17/2020 7:51pm
JeremyK wrote:
Louis CK just put his latest hour on his webpage , i think it was like 7 bucks to download . Well worth it ,he is...
Crush wrote:
Sweet! Will check it out. I’m not discriminatory against people who jerk off in front of others, especially if they ask first haha
He addresses it LOL
jemcee
4/17/2020 8:47pm
This dude cracks me up.. This might be a little Aus only but I saw a gig of his on ABC or SBS, so ya might find it somewhere there Crush
Crush
4/18/2020 4:38am
Sweet cheers lads!

I don't know how much time i've spent watching comedy but it's up there... It's been pretty cool since netflix has come along as specials have become more like showcase's almost, there are so many.

You guys like the ladies doing comedy? Sometimes I find it harsh but ironically I like Whitney and Iliza Shlesinger is funny too – I struggle with Ali Wong... Miss Patt is amazing though so maybe i'm just a cunt haha.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1301st
4/18/2020 5:42am Edited Date/Time 4/18/2020 5:47am
I’ll add Taylor Tomlinson to the list. I saw her for the first time at The Comedy Store this year. She’s super funny and her psycho jokes raise her attraction level in all the wrong but fun reasons. She has a new Netflix special that just came out as well.

COVID-19 ruined me seeing Kreischer, Seinfeld, Rogan and Chappelle this month.
4/18/2020 3:39pm
its not standup, but i have been listening to the king and the sting podcast on youtube.. its theo von and brenden schaub; overall it has...

The most recent was hilarious lol
Rotaholic
4/18/2020 6:34pm
Dirtydeeds wrote:
I like Jim Jefferies old stuff. That shit is raw and hilarious.
Happy April 18th lol
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
4/19/2020 3:33am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2020 3:36am
Laughing

Sad

crowe176
4/19/2020 6:57am
Crush wrote:
Sweet cheers lads! I don't know how much time i've spent watching comedy but it's up there... It's been pretty cool since netflix has come along...
Sweet cheers lads!

I don't know how much time i've spent watching comedy but it's up there... It's been pretty cool since netflix has come along as specials have become more like showcase's almost, there are so many.

You guys like the ladies doing comedy? Sometimes I find it harsh but ironically I like Whitney and Iliza Shlesinger is funny too – I struggle with Ali Wong... Miss Patt is amazing though so maybe i'm just a cunt haha.
I went and watched Nikki Glaser last year after watching and loving her on the Comedy Central roasts but her live show was pretty horrible. I can only take so many vagina and blow job jokes. We get it, you’re single and can’t find a man that can satisfy you.

I enjoyed Iliza telling stories on the podcasts she’s been on, but her standup was a lot of the same typical female bs. Same with Whitney, I love listening to her podcast more than her standup. I havnt watched Taylor Tomlinson’s special yet, but I’m looking forward to it.

Rosanne was my all time favorite female comedian. I enjoyed Ellen a lot back in her day too lol.
Spergen
4/22/2020 7:01pm
Got to be Frankie Boyle, and yes at first you will be insulted
JeremyK
4/22/2020 7:24pm
crowe176 wrote:
I went and watched Nikki Glaser last year after watching and loving her on the Comedy Central roasts but her live show was pretty horrible. I...
I went and watched Nikki Glaser last year after watching and loving her on the Comedy Central roasts but her live show was pretty horrible. I can only take so many vagina and blow job jokes. We get it, you’re single and can’t find a man that can satisfy you.

I enjoyed Iliza telling stories on the podcasts she’s been on, but her standup was a lot of the same typical female bs. Same with Whitney, I love listening to her podcast more than her standup. I havnt watched Taylor Tomlinson’s special yet, but I’m looking forward to it.

Rosanne was my all time favorite female comedian. I enjoyed Ellen a lot back in her day too lol.
Not a fan of either of their material .

Post a reply to: Comedians - who ya watching?

The Latest