Differences between men and women

NorCal 50+
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2018 2:33pm
When I leave the house, I get my wallet and sunglasses and walk out the door.
When my wife and daughter leave the house, it's minimum two hours preparation (long showers, dressing and choosing clothes, make-up, take a break for some internet, have a snack, chat a bit). I think we are on hour three right now. It gets on my nerves for some reason- like I am being held in some state of suspension. It is literally an all day affair to go to the grocery store.
I am sure others have similar stories...
|
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
3/5/2018 12:36pm
12,365,231 pages
NorCal 50+
3/5/2018 12:39pm
My other favorite- surprise 5 pm house-cleaning frenzies in which she announces its time to vacuum and all of a sudden I am scrambling to move things, being verbally reminded I am a slob and walking on eggshells. All for pretty much the crime of existing in my own house. Laughing
agn5009
3/5/2018 12:50pm
My wife has to have a nice new top of the line vehicle. She's gotta get the Chevy LTZ models. I love my ten year old truck with 70,000 miles and no payment.

She also likes the Keurig. I f'ing hate that damn thing. The coffee tastes like butt. Coffee pot all day for me.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
3/5/2018 12:56pm
Their math is different. We have a wedding coming up in June. So wife and daughter went dress shopping, how much should it be ? 2K should cover it. (Huh ? say what ? ...but I've learned when it comes to the wedding to just stfu and write the check) Ok 2K it is. So I transfer 2 grand into the personal acct. They got the dress. FF a few weeks later and we're with some friends, one of the girls asks "How much was the dress ?" Me- "2 Grand" , Wife- "1,600 dollars" Me wait a second.... how do you figure ? I didn't see any change go back into the savings acct. Well I had to buy everyone lunch, and ...... you get the picture. I think when we're done it will be a $20,000 wedding but will cost me about $32,500 Laughing

The Shop

NorCal 50+
3/5/2018 1:25pm
When my wife gets her hair done for $200 and two weeks later "It's a mess, I hate it, I need to go get it done again." I'm like "you haven't been happy with your hair since the day I met you."
Sometimes I think she's on a mission to bankrupt me.
Uncle Tony
3/5/2018 1:31pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
When my wife gets her hair done for $200 and two weeks later "It's a mess, I hate it, I need to go get it done...
When my wife gets her hair done for $200 and two weeks later "It's a mess, I hate it, I need to go get it done again." I'm like "you haven't been happy with your hair since the day I met you."
Sometimes I think she's on a mission to bankrupt me.
I feel for you man, I have 3 daughters and my wife, it’s not easy, the money flowed out of my hands, thankfully they’re all grown up and living on there own, and I’m getting divorced....MGTOW
JAFO92
3/5/2018 1:37pm
My wife doesnt wear makeup and takes about 5-10 minutes (or less) to get dressed and head out the door. No hair/salon expense ever - I cut her hair for her once every year or so. Doesnt care for nor want jewelry, would rather have more horse tack in the barn. Very low maintenance.

71Fish
3/5/2018 2:07pm
Taking a road trip/long weekend, I want to leave the house by 7am, which means we'll be leaving at around 9.
Tim507
3/5/2018 2:20pm
I've solved this problem! In my house there is just three of us: Me, Myself and I......
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/5/2018 2:20pm
71Fish wrote:
Taking a road trip/long weekend, I want to leave the house by 7am, which means we'll be leaving at around 9.
And a huge suit case for her clothes, a duffle bag for her shoes, another bag for toiletries and finally a bag for her make up. Yet we men get out with a small bag for the two days.
kkawboy14
3/5/2018 2:24pm
I can leave the house with $19 in my pocket and drive across 3 states! It costs my wife $500 to go around the corner!
3/5/2018 2:29pm
JAFO92 wrote:
My wife doesnt wear makeup and takes about 5-10 minutes (or less) to get dressed and head out the door. No hair/salon expense ever - I...
My wife doesnt wear makeup and takes about 5-10 minutes (or less) to get dressed and head out the door. No hair/salon expense ever - I cut her hair for her once every year or so. Doesnt care for nor want jewelry, would rather have more horse tack in the barn. Very low maintenance.

Took me a very long time to convince my wife how beautiful she is without makeup or constant nails & hair work. And even then so, she still doesnt really believe it's true.

Society does a number on women. Our culture pretty much tells them their value is in their appearance and everything else is a distant 3rd to that.

Dont get me wrong, I like it when my wife gets her hair done and dress up for a nice dinner. But the fact that her self worth hinged on stuff like that really explains a lot about society.

Im looking forward to raising my daughter differently. Im kinda relishing the challenge of raising a girl that can offer the world more than just a good figure and pretty smile. Who knows if I will succeed in that goal or not. After all, Im a product of this culture as well. There's only so much I can be conscious of. It's our subconscious thoughts & actions that have the greatest influence on those around us.

Dont get me wrong, I fully acknowledge that Men & Women are biologically different. And those differences should be respected. Im also a firm believer in roles in a relationship. But I think women are capable of extraordinary stuff if they bar is set high from the onset. The moment they're able to flirt their way out of work or effort in life, is the moment they start giving up on their potential. And eventually a woman without a brain or any work ethic becomes some poor guys nightmare of a wife, no matter how beautiful.
NorCal 50+
3/5/2018 2:41pm
JAFO92 wrote:
My wife doesnt wear makeup and takes about 5-10 minutes (or less) to get dressed and head out the door. No hair/salon expense ever - I...

Took me a very long time to convince my wife how beautiful she is without makeup or constant nails & hair work. And even then so...
Took me a very long time to convince my wife how beautiful she is without makeup or constant nails & hair work. And even then so, she still doesnt really believe it's true.

Society does a number on women. Our culture pretty much tells them their value is in their appearance and everything else is a distant 3rd to that.

Dont get me wrong, I like it when my wife gets her hair done and dress up for a nice dinner. But the fact that her self worth hinged on stuff like that really explains a lot about society.

Im looking forward to raising my daughter differently. Im kinda relishing the challenge of raising a girl that can offer the world more than just a good figure and pretty smile. Who knows if I will succeed in that goal or not. After all, Im a product of this culture as well. There's only so much I can be conscious of. It's our subconscious thoughts & actions that have the greatest influence on those around us.

Dont get me wrong, I fully acknowledge that Men & Women are biologically different. And those differences should be respected. Im also a firm believer in roles in a relationship. But I think women are capable of extraordinary stuff if they bar is set high from the onset. The moment they're able to flirt their way out of work or effort in life, is the moment they start giving up on their potential. And eventually a woman without a brain or any work ethic becomes some poor guys nightmare of a wife, no matter how beautiful.
I thought I was going to teach my daughter that too- problem is she is almost four and already loves to put Mommy's make-up and lipstick on. It is kind of depressing, but even with all the #Metoo stuff going on- it has always been my theory that it is women that put a lot of this pressure on other women- and it comes down to advertising and $$$$. Most men don't seem to care that much.

And me and JAFO92 might as well be living on different planets! I can see me telling my wife I am going to cut her hair from now on.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/5/2018 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 2:49pm
I have told my beautiful daughter on more than one occasion that if she combines wit and passion with her looks, and gets a first-rate education that she can write her own ticket. Rest on just the looks and... well...

B DUB 333
3/5/2018 3:06pm
JAFO92 wrote:

Panther goes 1-1 and takes the overall. I married the same kind of chick, great looking with or without makeup. Beautiful long curly blonde hair up and down. It pays to wait when finding a wife, it's for life man, don't give up, there's still normal chicks out there smoking hot. Congrats jafo92 you waited for the right one. All my friends were ready to slap a ring on it because they were getting laid, now two are divorced and the others are either under nazi rule or getting divorced
early
Fantasy
2212th
3/5/2018 3:07pm
My wife always finds a way to be on the phone at the most inoprotune times. Is it just mine?
akillerwombat
3/5/2018 3:15pm
early wrote:
My wife always finds a way to be on the phone at the most inoprotune times. Is it just mine?
Nope, my soon to be wife has adopted this as her second super power.
peelout
3/5/2018 3:16pm
agn5009 wrote:
My wife has to have a nice new top of the line vehicle. She's gotta get the Chevy LTZ models. I love my ten year old...
My wife has to have a nice new top of the line vehicle. She's gotta get the Chevy LTZ models. I love my ten year old truck with 70,000 miles and no payment.

She also likes the Keurig. I f'ing hate that damn thing. The coffee tastes like butt. Coffee pot all day for me.
i agree, Keurigs are piles of steaming shit and the "coffee" tastes horrible
JAFO92
3/5/2018 3:36pm

NorCal 50+ wrote: And me and JAFO92 might as well be living on different planets! I can see me telling my wife I am going to cut her hair from now on.?

It aint hard bro, just comb it all down, and cut off a few inches. Done. Call me Vidal frickin' Sassoon. Wink

OldPro277
3/5/2018 3:54pm
My wife can take as long as she needs to get ready, she can spend whatever she wants to spend on whatever she wants to spend it on. Why????? Because I've got 16 completely restored($$$$$) vintage bikes and 2 current new ones, a brand new trailer ,new truck to haul it with, a extremely clean house and great meals prepared, only when the UPS driver delivers more than 5 times per week does she even give me "the look" usually followed by a bemused smirk. And as an added bonus ...she looks better than most women half her age. So although I acknowledge that there is definitely a difference between male and female, I feel very, very fortunate !! And NO she is not standing behind me as I type thisTongue
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
3/5/2018 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 4:13pm
OldPro277 wrote:
My wife can take as long as she needs to get ready, she can spend whatever she wants to spend on whatever she wants to spend...
My wife can take as long as she needs to get ready, she can spend whatever she wants to spend on whatever she wants to spend it on. Why????? Because I've got 16 completely restored($$$$$) vintage bikes and 2 current new ones, a brand new trailer ,new truck to haul it with, a extremely clean house and great meals prepared, only when the UPS driver delivers more than 5 times per week does she even give me "the look" usually followed by a bemused smirk. And as an added bonus ...she looks better than most women half her age. So although I acknowledge that there is definitely a difference between male and female, I feel very, very fortunate !! And NO she is not standing behind me as I type thisTongue
Me too. I don't know how i got so lucky but all my friends hate me because I have it so good. I still ask myself how even after all these years.
I have friends who get physically ill when their wife calls.
Sully
3/5/2018 4:11pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
My other favorite- surprise 5 pm house-cleaning frenzies in which she announces its time to vacuum and all of a sudden I am scrambling to move...
My other favorite- surprise 5 pm house-cleaning frenzies in which she announces its time to vacuum and all of a sudden I am scrambling to move things, being verbally reminded I am a slob and walking on eggshells. All for pretty much the crime of existing in my own house. Laughing
My ex-wife used to go on a mad cleaning spree just as we were about to walk out the door to go somewhere. Every. Freaking. Time. Guess that's just one of the reasons why she has "ex" in front of her former title.
3/5/2018 4:16pm
JAFO92 wrote:

Took me a very long time to convince my wife how beautiful she is without makeup or constant nails & hair work. And even then so...

NorCal 50+ wrote:
I thought I was going to teach my daughter that too- problem is she is almost four and already loves to put Mommy's make-up and lipstick...
I thought I was going to teach my daughter that too- problem is she is almost four and already loves to put Mommy's make-up and lipstick on. It is kind of depressing, but even with all the #Metoo stuff going on- it has always been my theory that it is women that put a lot of this pressure on other women- and it comes down to advertising and $$$$. Most men don't seem to care that much.

And me and JAFO92 might as well be living on different planets! I can see me telling my wife I am going to cut her hair from now on.
Thankfully, my wife is 110% on board with our program. I think that is going to make a big difference.

My wife is VERY aware of her shortcomings. She was raised to be "the pretty one". Stand next to your brother on the podium and smile. Dont talk unless spoken too. And school was an afterthought. Her parents did a number on her on a range of fronts. Typical of what most girls have to endure unfortunately.

I fell in love with her despite all that. She's extremely competitive, has gifted athletic genes, and is mentally very strong....oh, and she seems to think Im pretty awesome despite my dispositions.

I have little doubt our daughter will inherit those positive genes and her good looks. But my wife is dead set on not letting our daughter settle on her genetics the way she was allowed. There wont be makeup in the house. And we plan on pushing her pretty hard in sports and education. Ultimately she's gonna follow mom's lead.

We're not aiming to raise some feminist nazi who hates men. And we wont be disappointed if she ends up a housewife. I just want her to be making the choice for herself, not because it's what society tells her to do or because that's all she's good for. Because IMO, those dont make for good housewifes. A good housewife is a "different" yet equal asset to her husband.

Ive had some say that I put way too much thought into this sorta stuff. But I cannot imagine not putting thought into it and having some sort of plan or goals.

Yeah, women put a lot of pressure on each other but as they say, "how we talk to our children one day become the voices in their heads". Dads in this country need to do better. Im hoping I can.

As for the #Metoo movement... That is a dynamic topic that I think has a LOT of it's roots in the fact that we live in a pretty sexually repressive society. Specifically in the way women are punished for enjoying sex. This sorta pressure hits them VERY early on and causes all sorts of mental issues with regards to their sexuality. If I find myself getting over protective at the sight of my daugher's first boyfriend or my wife makes reference to women who enjoy sex being a slut, then we're just repeating the same old cycles. I dont think it's a coincidence that countries that are NOT sexually repressed have less rape incidents and less divorce.

Oh, and my daughter is taking MMA/Jiu Jitsu lessons as soon as she can and for as long as possible. I'll be one proud dad the day some boy tries pushing her on the playground and she puts him in a armbar. Say what you will about women's MMA but it's pretty inspiring for young girls these days.
3/5/2018 4:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 4:18pm
OldPro277 wrote:
My wife can take as long as she needs to get ready, she can spend whatever she wants to spend on whatever she wants to spend...
My wife's Louis Vuitton collection says "hello". hahaha
JAFO92
3/5/2018 4:20pm
Jabroni, you and the Mrs. sound like you are doing an awesome job. Youre right, American culture is rough on gals, so glad I only had a son and didnt have to face what you guys are confronted with.
OldPro277
3/5/2018 4:36pm
OldPro277 wrote:
My wife's Louis Vuitton collection says "hello". hahaha
Well,we have a shelf with a "few" of those from Louis too,lol. They sit right above the shoe rack with the Gucci's and Christian Louboutins,lol. But honestly, I really have to push her into having things like that. Shes just as happy in her sweats,ratty FMF t shirt and New Balance tennis shoes.

Flmxer- I have friends like that too. (getting ill when their wife calls,or when its time to go home) in fact, most of my friends are like that. I never really understood all that. Just makes me feel more fortunate I suppose

borg
3/5/2018 4:37pm
Was talking to a friend at a bar. He looked depressed. What's up I say. He said I just dropped my wife off at the 99 cent store. So what. Why the long face? He said my wife is the only person I know that can spend $400 at a 99 cent store.
3/5/2018 4:45pm
JAFO92 wrote:
Jabroni, you and the Mrs. sound like you are doing an awesome job. Youre right, American culture is rough on gals, so glad I only had...
Jabroni, you and the Mrs. sound like you are doing an awesome job. Youre right, American culture is rough on gals, so glad I only had a son and didnt have to face what you guys are confronted with.
I wanted girl for this very reason. I wanted the challenge.

Although I'll admit, having a daughter was NOT something I wanted at all for the longest time. But having worked at a Boys & Girls Club forced me to work with young girls and it completely opened my eyes to how rewarding they can be.

I was also coaching boys youth basketball professionally at the time. I mistakenly thought I'd never enjoy coaching girls. But I was forced to run a girls summer training program and the experience completely changed my perspective. Yes, coaching girls is DIFFERENT than boys. They're less physical and I like teaching dirty east coast style basketball. But the positive trade-off is that girls are more emotional and they instantly give you their loyalty (whereas you have to work for that with boys). Girls just seem to form that instant bond and it becomes a father/daughter relationship with the players quite easily. The experience was different but every bit as rewarding.

After all that, I totally was ok with having a daughter.

My wife wanted a boy. She was looking forward to going the road racing route and trying to raise the next Maverick Vinales. But part of me just didnt want to have to raise a boy that sort of pressure on him. We have a few pro athletes in our extended family. That pressure isnt fair to be born into. And I didnt want to be another "race dad". Now that we had a girl, we're gonna be doing sports with her that I know nothing about so I can just hire good coaches and observe from a distance and just be "dad".

Post a reply to: Differences between men and women

The Latest