Free Veterans breakfast at Hy-Vee November 12th

MX Dad #27
Fantasy
279th
First we would like to thank all veterans and current service members for your service!
I am a Kitchen Manager for Hy-Vee, we operate in 8 midwestern states (I'm in Ankeny, IA).
If you are in our trade area we would love to see you, it's our small way to say Thank you.
Breakfast is served 6AM to 11AM
|
71Fish
11/10/2018 9:57pm
It's nice businesses do this, but around here there are too many retirees and vets you'll be waiting in line for hours for free pancakes.
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
279th
11/11/2018 5:43am
We will serve 1000 Veterans, current service members and guests in 5 hours.
JPT
11/11/2018 8:03am
MX Dad #27 wrote:
We will serve 1000 Veterans, current service members and guests in 5 hours.
Good job!
Few folks outside the very Midwest will understand what a HyVee is capable of or how many their are.

Like many Iowa boys I spent my time "smilin in the aisles" as a teenager.
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
11/11/2018 5:50pm
71Fish wrote:
It's nice businesses do this, but around here there are too many retirees and vets you'll be waiting in line for hours for free pancakes.
Why complain about it?

The Shop

Electro21
Fantasy
79th
11/11/2018 5:51pm
MX Dad #27 wrote:
First we would like to thank all veterans and current service members for your service! I am a Kitchen Manager for Hy-Vee, we operate in 8...
First we would like to thank all veterans and current service members for your service!
I am a Kitchen Manager for Hy-Vee, we operate in 8 midwestern states (I'm in Ankeny, IA).
If you are in our trade area we would love to see you, it's our small way to say Thank you.
Breakfast is served 6AM to 11AM
Awesome job, thank you!
71Fish
11/11/2018 8:29pm
71Fish wrote:
Electro21 wrote:
Why complain about it?
I'm not complaining about it, I think it's lovely that businesses do this. But as I said, around here, Northern Utah, near Hill AFB, the area is crawling with vets, including myself who served 23 years and now civil service. I think that qualifies me to say, if you want to bring vets out of the woodwork, offer free shit.
JPT
11/12/2018 10:02am
My wife and I were out shopping yesterday and decided to stop in at Applebees for an early dinner. We were surprised at how busy the parking lot was at about 4:30. When we got in we realized they had special for vets. The sad part was the number of older men, 60 some on up setting by themselves.
MX Dad #27
Fantasy
279th
11/12/2018 1:48pm
Sadly, I see a lot of that every year....
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
11/12/2018 5:15pm
71Fish wrote:
Electro21 wrote:
Why complain about it?
71Fish wrote:
I'm not complaining about it, I think it's lovely that businesses do this. But as I said, around here, Northern Utah, near Hill AFB, the area...
I'm not complaining about it, I think it's lovely that businesses do this. But as I said, around here, Northern Utah, near Hill AFB, the area is crawling with vets, including myself who served 23 years and now civil service. I think that qualifies me to say, if you want to bring vets out of the woodwork, offer free shit.
Valid points you made, I am active duty Army 14 years so far, so I think I can have an opinion as well. I haven't been stationed in places like that, but I could see how that could happen. I do agree with you free shit will bring people out of nowhere.

71Fish
11/12/2018 7:34pm
Electro21 wrote:
Why complain about it?
71Fish wrote:
I'm not complaining about it, I think it's lovely that businesses do this. But as I said, around here, Northern Utah, near Hill AFB, the area...
Electro21 wrote:
Valid points you made, I am active duty Army 14 years so far, so I think I can have an opinion as well. I haven't been...
Valid points you made, I am active duty Army 14 years so far, so I think I can have an opinion as well. I haven't been stationed in places like that, but I could see how that could happen. I do agree with you free shit will bring people out of nowhere.

Thanks for your service.

There are over 30,000 military and civilians (mostly vets) on Hill, plus thousands who got out or retired and stayed in the area. I was never stationed at a joint Army base but I imagine Pope is just as big.

Funny story about military and free shit, not sad like the poor old vets eating alone. When I was stationed at Edwards AFB, CA in the late 90s-00s, Mariah Carey did a music video there. During a break they brought out really nice, expensive snacks. We ate half of the table before they stopped us because it wasn't for us. Ours was pretzels and chips. For a few minutes we got the good stuff.

Post a reply to: Free Veterans breakfast at Hy-Vee November 12th

The Latest