Friendly reminder, and maybe one of yall can help me

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
Edited Date/Time 7/17/2018 4:35pm
Guy just backed into me in the gas station parking lot. I was so pissed I forgot to get his insurance company name. So just a reminder, write down EVERYTHING and take pictures of everything. Or call the cops. Whichever

So is there a way for me to get his insurance company name? I have his license plate, policy number, and name. I called my insurance and the lady said she thinks they can get it, but I'll have to wait for a claims person to call me tomorrow. The white truck is his

|
MR. X
7/9/2018 11:20am
That blows ,even though it's not a horrible amount of damage ,it sucks when It come time to sell or trade in and it has an accident on the record.
newmann
7/9/2018 11:48am
Damn Colin, that's number two already. You must have Newmann luck...

By the way, they come in threes.Blush

Just stay on your insurance company and make sure they follow through. On private property though, his word against yours. Unless he insists that he ran into you, insurance companies can be the occasional twats.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/9/2018 11:57am
MR. X wrote:
That blows ,even though it's not a horrible amount of damage ,it sucks when It come time to sell or trade in and it has an...
That blows ,even though it's not a horrible amount of damage ,it sucks when It come time to sell or trade in and it has an accident on the record.
I'll be keeping this truck long enough it wont matter. Need at least 4 more years out of it. At that point itll be >=200K miles.
Does suck though. New paint usually isnt as good as factory paint and I dont wanna be dealing with chips later on
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/9/2018 11:59am
newmann wrote:
Damn Colin, that's number two already. You must have Newmann luck... By the way, they come in threes.:blush: Just stay on your insurance company and make...

Just stay on your insurance company and make sure they follow through. On private property though, his word against yours. Unless he insists that he ran into you, insurance companies can be the occasional twats.
I cant wait for the 3rd, of course I could use a new bed. I've done tore this one up throwing shit back there Pinch

Nobody has video, but I got a statement from the manager who watched it happen, and her name/phone number. So I got something to back me up in saying it's his fault.

The Shop

SEE ARE125
7/9/2018 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2018 2:11pm
EDIT: Just saw where you said no one has any video.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/9/2018 5:28pm
It's basically up to the insurance companies. Hopefully the dude in the white truck is honest enough to own up to it and your insurance co. goes to work for you.
Calling the cops wouldn't have done you any good. Gas stations are private property and cops have a severe case of SEP near them. (Someone Else's Problem.)
7/9/2018 5:53pm
newmann wrote:
Damn Colin, that's number two already. You must have Newmann luck... By the way, they come in threes.:blush: Just stay on your insurance company and make...

Occasional?Huh
newmann
7/9/2018 7:35pm
newmann wrote:

Occasional?Huh
I'm trying to be positive here. Guy B says too many of you are negative, at least I know he isn't talking about me.
plowboy
7/10/2018 3:54am
Don't know your state laws but you'd be screwed in Kansas. No Fault here. If it happens on private property (gas station, wal Mart)....you pay for what others do to your vehicle. Cops just shrug and walk away.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/10/2018 5:01am
plowboy wrote:
Don't know your state laws but you'd be screwed in Kansas. No Fault here. If it happens on private property (gas station, wal Mart)....you pay for...
Don't know your state laws but you'd be screwed in Kansas. No Fault here. If it happens on private property (gas station, wal Mart)....you pay for what others do to your vehicle. Cops just shrug and walk away.
Yeah I'm not real sure the legality here. I'm from Georgia, happened in texas. Either way, he pulled out of a pump up to the stop sign. I came up behind him, and another car came up behind me. He then threw it in reverse and well... the hell could I do? Guess he was trying to turn around and couldn't be bothered to check his mirrors.
7/10/2018 5:06am
In California it would be your fault for having insurance and flaunting your provlege. The other guy gets your truck, house, and you have to put his kids through college.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/10/2018 1:32pm
In California it would be your fault for having insurance and flaunting your provlege. The other guy gets your truck, house, and you have to put...
In California it would be your fault for having insurance and flaunting your provlege. The other guy gets your truck, house, and you have to put his kids through college.
....And you get thrown in jail for offending the other driver with your presence.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
7/10/2018 3:02pm
Been towing and repoing part time for years. If your not at fault, I always recommend calling the police for a report. It helps out for little shit like forgetting who "she" is insured with. Keep that in mind on Newman's law #3.

Your insurance company should be happy to do the dirty work, they HATE to pay for stuff lol. You can still go to police department and let them know of the incident and that you wasn't able to retrieve all info and take the witnesses whatever in as well. Insurance agencies don't always employee the most qualified and can set around for awhile before someone who can and will have it handled does so. You having the tag number, that local pd can help you out with his info. Texas pd can do more for you then us. Good luck crash and stop kicking puppies.Evil
JPT
7/11/2018 5:19am
Depends on your state. I got backed into in a parking lot in Vegas. Got his name and insurance info and just to make sure I took a picture of his license plate. Turned the info was bogus and my insurance agent said in Nevada they couldn't run his plates to locate him. I was screwed.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/11/2018 6:07am
imoto34 wrote:
Been towing and repoing part time for years. If your not at fault, I always recommend calling the police for a report. It helps out for...
Been towing and repoing part time for years. If your not at fault, I always recommend calling the police for a report. It helps out for little shit like forgetting who "she" is insured with. Keep that in mind on Newman's law #3.

Your insurance company should be happy to do the dirty work, they HATE to pay for stuff lol. You can still go to police department and let them know of the incident and that you wasn't able to retrieve all info and take the witnesses whatever in as well. Insurance agencies don't always employee the most qualified and can set around for awhile before someone who can and will have it handled does so. You having the tag number, that local pd can help you out with his info. Texas pd can do more for you then us. Good luck crash and stop kicking puppies.Evil
Yeah the insurance lady called me yesterday and said they should be able to get his information. I'm colorado now so going to the mexia police dept ain't happening lol
newmann
7/11/2018 6:38am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 6:39am
Mexia? Used to pass through there on the way to several of the great tracks here in Texas!

JAFO92
7/11/2018 7:12am
Youre in luck Colintrax, I heard Newmann is having Summer Budget Bodywork sale !

colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/13/2018 12:32am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2018 12:35am
newmann wrote:
Mexia? Used to pass through there on the way to several of the great tracks here in Texas! [img]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZmQzMDg0NTAtNzE3ZC00ZWFmLTg0NmYtZGExZDgyYTI0OTUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,682,1000_AL_.jpg[/img]
Mexia? Used to pass through there on the way to several of the great tracks here in Texas!

Yup, old friend is from there. Went to get some flowers/dirt for her grave from her home town. I ended up getting the impression she didnt want that, so I left it be lol

So my insurance lady called and left a voicemail today saying the insurance info I gave her is invalid? I dont fucking know.

So uh, anyone here know a Ryan Plyes? Fat fuck, drives a lifted chevy 2500HD.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/13/2018 12:37am
JAFO92 wrote:
Youre in luck Colintrax, I heard Newmann is having Summer Budget Bodywork sale ! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/11/273962/s1200_Newmanns_Economy_Repair.jpg[/img]
Youre in luck Colintrax, I heard Newmann is having Summer Budget Bodywork sale !

Lol I'm gonna need it, hit moab today. My truck is too low for this
SEE ARE125
7/13/2018 7:56am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2018 8:24am
VIN# is 1GCHC23667F509698 and here's a list of when/where his truck got inspected, looks like the current owner(the asshole) uses Fairfield Quick Lube.

Fairfield Quick Lube
456 E Commerce St, Fairfield, TX 75840.
(903)389-1996

Maybe call them and pretend like you're buying the truck and see if you can get some more info?

The decal on the back window is from Diesels of Texas, check their Facebook and Instagram and see if this guy "likes" them and maybe you can find him. https://www.facebook.com/DieselsofTexas/?ref=page_internal https://www.instagram.com/diesels_of_texas/

Also his truck is 2WD Blink
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/13/2018 9:06am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
VIN# is 1GCHC23667F509698 and here's a list of when/where his truck got inspected, looks like the current owner(the asshole) uses Fairfield Quick Lube. Fairfield Quick Lube...
VIN# is 1GCHC23667F509698 and here's a list of when/where his truck got inspected, looks like the current owner(the asshole) uses Fairfield Quick Lube.

Fairfield Quick Lube
456 E Commerce St, Fairfield, TX 75840.
(903)389-1996

Maybe call them and pretend like you're buying the truck and see if you can get some more info?

The decal on the back window is from Diesels of Texas, check their Facebook and Instagram and see if this guy "likes" them and maybe you can find him. https://www.facebook.com/DieselsofTexas/?ref=page_internal https://www.instagram.com/diesels_of_texas/

Also his truck is 2WD Blink
Would they have insurance information from inspections?
And thanks for figuring out that sticker! I found his facebook but I dont wanna let him know I have it until I get his phone number/address etc. He might have posted his number in that group
newmann
7/13/2018 9:12am
Is Colin on his first World Tour with stops in many cities? Headlining or opening act?
SEE ARE125
7/13/2018 9:28am
Probably not his insurance info, but maybe his phone number if he’s gotten service their before. My mechanic has my phone number on file so I was thinking if you asked for the service records on his truck his phone number may be attached. Or maybe just be straight with them and see if they’ll give it to you. Going on a limb I know...

130 County Rd 111 Fairfield, Texas may be his address. Not positive, but there’s 3 white trucks in the driveway from the satellite images. Might drive by there if you’re going to be in the area again.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/13/2018 9:29am
newmann wrote:
Is Colin on his first World Tour with stops in many cities? Headlining or opening act?
Haha just roadtripping. In Vegas now, fixing to head to California to visit my cousin.
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/13/2018 9:31am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Probably not his insurance info, but maybe his phone number if he’s gotten service their before. My mechanic has my phone number on file so I...
Probably not his insurance info, but maybe his phone number if he’s gotten service their before. My mechanic has my phone number on file so I was thinking if you asked for the service records on his truck his phone number may be attached. Or maybe just be straight with them and see if they’ll give it to you. Going on a limb I know...

130 County Rd 111 Fairfield, Texas may be his address. Not positive, but there’s 3 white trucks in the driveway from the satellite images. Might drive by there if you’re going to be in the area again.
You're the man, an address can really get this ball rolling!
SEE ARE125
7/13/2018 9:45am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Probably not his insurance info, but maybe his phone number if he’s gotten service their before. My mechanic has my phone number on file so I...

colintrax wrote:
You're the man, an address can really get this ball rolling!
I’m not positive that’s the same guy, but may be worth checking into. I’d just do a drive by and see if that truck is there if you’re still in the area.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/13/2018 9:54am
newmann wrote:
I'm trying to be positive here. Guy B says too many of you are negative, at least I know he isn't talking about me.
-
SEE ARE125
7/13/2018 12:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2018 12:35pm
The owner of that address above(Carrie) recently purchased property with an address of 160 FCR 121 in Freestone County, TX, which looking at records appears to be a mobile home on 10.89 acres. She bought it on 2/1/2018, and I'm guessing Carrie is the mom and maybe she bought the mobile home for Ryan?

Also, try this number: 361-436-0403.
peelout
7/13/2018 1:02pm
one time a few years ago i was sitting at a stop sign and had a guy run into the back of me, i get out and look and i had my trailer hitch on and it went right through his grill and fucked up his radiator. my truck was completely unscathed. he gets back in his car to grab his information, puts it in reverse and takes off. fucker. i didn't pursue because no damage, but shit man...
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
7/13/2018 1:37pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
The owner of that address above(Carrie) recently purchased property with an address of 160 FCR 121 in Freestone County, TX, which looking at records appears to...
The owner of that address above(Carrie) recently purchased property with an address of 160 FCR 121 in Freestone County, TX, which looking at records appears to be a mobile home on 10.89 acres. She bought it on 2/1/2018, and I'm guessing Carrie is the mom and maybe she bought the mobile home for Ryan?

Also, try this number: 361-436-0403.
I did some calling, Carrie is his mom and she works at walmart.
Where'd you find that number and who's it supposed to be?
Called Texas DOT, they wont give me any information but she said I have enough information my insurance company to find his insurance. So I'm gonna call progressive again later.
My insurance lady did say he's filing a claim against me, and idk how he got my insurance information. I sure as hell didnt give it to him. But for whatever reason my insurance wont let me talk to him. I think I'm gonna do some insurance shopping after I get this dealt with.

Post a reply to: Friendly reminder, and maybe one of yall can help me

The Latest