Global warming?

JAFO92
12/12/2017 8:44am
newmann wrote:
And here I am paying 10 bucks a tire to have them properly disposed of. More of that "cleaning other people's messes up" thing that I...
And here I am paying 10 bucks a tire to have them properly disposed of. More of that "cleaning other people's messes up" thing that I seem to do a lot of. Should have just poured a little diesel on and struck a match...accidentally of course. Laughing
I am properly disposing of the tires. I get out the tractor and put the bucket on the loader to use to push the pile as it burns down. I put a bunch of beer in an ice chest, I dump about 20 gallons of old truck and tractor oil that I accumulate over the year all over the top of a the tree pile, I chunk a buncha old tires in the middle of the burn pile to make some good core-heat, throw a decent amount of old feed sacks in there doused with kerosene, then throw a match. Next you call a few buddies over, open the windows on the pickup, crank the stereo with some Allman Bros blasting, sit on the tail gate and drink beer while watching said fire. Nothin' beats tailgate bonefires in the pasture with cold beer and southern rock.
newmann
12/15/2017 1:04pm
newmann wrote:
And here I am paying 10 bucks a tire to have them properly disposed of. More of that "cleaning other people's messes up" thing that I...
And here I am paying 10 bucks a tire to have them properly disposed of. More of that "cleaning other people's messes up" thing that I seem to do a lot of. Should have just poured a little diesel on and struck a match...accidentally of course. Laughing
JAFO92 wrote:
[i]I am[/i] properly disposing of the tires. I get out the tractor and put the bucket on the loader to use to push the pile as...
I am properly disposing of the tires. I get out the tractor and put the bucket on the loader to use to push the pile as it burns down. I put a bunch of beer in an ice chest, I dump about 20 gallons of old truck and tractor oil that I accumulate over the year all over the top of a the tree pile, I chunk a buncha old tires in the middle of the burn pile to make some good core-heat, throw a decent amount of old feed sacks in there doused with kerosene, then throw a match. Next you call a few buddies over, open the windows on the pickup, crank the stereo with some Allman Bros blasting, sit on the tail gate and drink beer while watching said fire. Nothin' beats tailgate bonefires in the pasture with cold beer and southern rock.
I knew the pile was big and kept growing the more land they cleared. Figured there were probably 200 there but they just picked up 170 and the pile looks half gone. My ass just tightened up a notch or two. With tax and fuel surcharges I’ll be over $4000.00 in having someone else’s old tires hauled off and disposed of.

JAFO92
12/15/2017 1:13pm
newmann wrote:
I knew the pile was big and kept growing the more land they cleared. Figured there were probably 200 there but they just picked up 170...
I knew the pile was big and kept growing the more land they cleared. Figured there were probably 200 there but they just picked up 170 and the pile looks half gone. My ass just tightened up a notch or two. With tax and fuel surcharges I’ll be over $4000.00 in having someone else’s old tires hauled off and disposed of.

Shocked

The Shop

12/16/2017 2:31am
^ Everytime I look at a tyre I can only think how 'wasteful' they are as a design. All that useless rubber for a small amount of tread thats actually used
early
Fantasy
2231st
12/19/2017 9:26am
^ Everytime I look at a tyre I can only think how 'wasteful' they are as a design. All that useless rubber for a small amount...
^ Everytime I look at a tyre I can only think how 'wasteful' they are as a design. All that useless rubber for a small amount of tread thats actually used
Lots of empty space. Shred and compact and then look.
12/19/2017 10:54am
early wrote:
Thinking more about the amount of rubber thats used to construct a tyre and how much is actually useful as tread before the tyre is thrown away.
early
Fantasy
2231st
12/19/2017 11:07am
early wrote:
Thinking more about the amount of rubber thats used to construct a tyre and how much is actually useful as tread before the tyre is thrown...
Thinking more about the amount of rubber thats used to construct a tyre and how much is actually useful as tread before the tyre is thrown away.
Aside from mag-lev there is no technology better than a tire. The rubber tire hasnt been replaced for 100 years for a reason.
Rhino
12/19/2017 11:17am Edited Date/Time 12/19/2017 11:20am
Tires arent even rubber anymore. And rubber isnt even black. They add carbon black for the color.

Some newer tires are dry rotted and cracked in months, and look plasticy.
Michelins are the worst for getting sidewall spider cracks in just a few months.

Im on 5 year old Goodyears, they look brand new, and feel like rubber.

Dirt bike tires, same thing, some feel very plasticy.
steed 2.0
12/19/2017 11:33am
Twenty years ago road builders in the Netherlands laid a two-layer ZOAB road (very open asphalt concrete) in which rubber from old tires was processed. The purpose of using rubber was to improve the asphalt. Finely ground old tires were added to the bitumen, after which sand was made with the addition of sand and stones. Various working conditions problems among road workers, however, led road builders to no longer use rubber granules in road construction. Thanks to technological developments, rubber in asphalt is now making a comeback. The addition of rubber in the asphalt creates a road surface with better suspension. The rubber dampens vibrations and reduces noise production. In recent years, various tests have been carried out in the Netherlands with rubber in asphalt, three sections have been constructed of rubber test sections developed in Japan.

Post a reply to: Global warming?

The Latest