Gym Motivation Mixtapes

steed 2.0
9/5/2017 9:00am Edited Date/Time 10/10/2017 5:18am
Off Season Gym Motivation... Weekly Updates, any requests? please let me know Smile

|
9/6/2017 10:49am
on a similar note - for me to be motivated I need to sign up for an event. That way I'm accountable.

I signed up for my first full marathon in April (Ironman marathon didn't count). Guess I'll be running all winter long.
steed 2.0
9/6/2017 11:30pm Edited Date/Time 9/6/2017 11:44pm
on a similar note - for me to be motivated I need to sign up for an event. That way I'm accountable. I signed up for...
on a similar note - for me to be motivated I need to sign up for an event. That way I'm accountable.

I signed up for my first full marathon in April (Ironman marathon didn't count). Guess I'll be running all winter long.
Respect ... did a few half marathons back in the day, but full marathon was a bridge too far... (fast muscle fibers...
45 min motos + two laps were too much also) I'm more the explosive sprinter type Smile good luck in April...
nytsmaC
9/14/2017 2:33pm
What the hell is going on here?

The Shop

426Hemi
Fantasy
2729th
9/15/2017 2:38am
nytsmaC wrote:
What the hell is going on here?
Steed posting random photos. I think this is all he does on this website
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/5/2017 8:36am
Spotify - Extreme Metal Workout
steed 2.0
10/5/2017 9:20am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2017 9:27am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm already started with a more Rock oriented mixtape, waiting for new MacBook Pro need to pull the trigger tho, btw some hot deals on 2.8 GHz 555 now 2.9 GHz mass production has started
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/5/2017 9:51am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
steed 2.0 wrote:
I'm already started with a more Rock oriented mixtape, waiting for new MacBook Pro need to pull the trigger tho, btw some hot deals on 2.8...
I'm already started with a more Rock oriented mixtape, waiting for new MacBook Pro need to pull the trigger tho, btw some hot deals on 2.8 GHz 555 now 2.9 GHz mass production has started
steed 2.0
10/5/2017 10:38pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
steed 2.0 wrote:
I'm already started with a more Rock oriented mixtape, waiting for new MacBook Pro need to pull the trigger tho, btw some hot deals on 2.8...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Just an one off storytelling moto mixtape with some AMA/MXGP shownotes at least that's the aim however,
I underestimated the work that went into it (continue with it later on this winter haha) but first some in depth DAW courses reached my limitations and use this project as practice material... we had already some input from the punk rockers so name me a few Extreme Metal tunes?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/6/2017 12:50am
steed 2.0 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
steed 2.0 wrote:
Just an one off storytelling moto mixtape with some AMA/MXGP shownotes at least that's the aim however, I underestimated the work that went into it (continue...
Just an one off storytelling moto mixtape with some AMA/MXGP shownotes at least that's the aim however,
I underestimated the work that went into it (continue with it later on this winter haha) but first some in depth DAW courses reached my limitations and use this project as practice material... we had already some input from the punk rockers so name me a few Extreme Metal tunes?
Well it's not Extreme Metal per se. That's just what Spotify named the playlist. I'm not sure how familiar you are with metal but it gets pretty complex with all the subgenres.

If you have a chance watch the documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey. You'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

It all depends what you prefer. Metal can be as light as you want it to be or as brutal as you want it to be.
steed 2.0
10/6/2017 2:35am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well it's not Extreme Metal per se. That's just what Spotify named the playlist. I'm not sure how familiar you are with metal but it gets...
Well it's not Extreme Metal per se. That's just what Spotify named the playlist. I'm not sure how familiar you are with metal but it gets pretty complex with all the subgenres.

If you have a chance watch the documentary Metal: A Headbanger's Journey. You'll get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

It all depends what you prefer. Metal can be as light as you want it to be or as brutal as you want it to be.
I explored quite some music genres over the years but never Heavy Metal to be honest... That being said, I went to a festival (1996) especially for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Race Against the Machine, Sepultura played there also. I must say I felt the vibe, did some pogo in the pit as well haha.... before 1987 I was into New Wave/Punk (also own most of the U2 cd's) Fun Fact: 3 guys from Detroit had the intension to make some New Wave they end up inventing Techno haha... Hardcore techno (GABBER) used a lot of Heavy Metal influences and symbols etc. so I'm not complete alien with it, same with subgenres in dance music... I'm definitely going to watch that docu
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/6/2017 11:01am Edited Date/Time 10/6/2017 11:12am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well it's not Extreme Metal per se. That's just what Spotify named the playlist. I'm not sure how familiar you are with metal but it gets...

steed 2.0 wrote:
I explored quite some music genres over the years but never Heavy Metal to be honest... That being said, I went to a festival (1996) especially...
I explored quite some music genres over the years but never Heavy Metal to be honest... That being said, I went to a festival (1996) especially for the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Race Against the Machine, Sepultura played there also. I must say I felt the vibe, did some pogo in the pit as well haha.... before 1987 I was into New Wave/Punk (also own most of the U2 cd's) Fun Fact: 3 guys from Detroit had the intension to make some New Wave they end up inventing Techno haha... Hardcore techno (GABBER) used a lot of Heavy Metal influences and symbols etc. so I'm not complete alien with it, same with subgenres in dance music... I'm definitely going to watch that docu
Here's Metal: A Headbanger's Journey

They also release another documentary that's called Global Metal which explores what metal is like in different parts/cultures of the world.

They also did a 12 part series called Metal Evolution that expands on Metal: A Headbanger's Journey. Each episode is dedicated to a different sub-genre of Metal. It's worth a watch if you have the time.

I would start with Metal: A Headbanger's Journey and follow that up with Metal Evolution.

Metal Evolution Series

Episodes 1 to 11 can be found HERE In the second row the episodes are listed from 11 to 1. Start with Episode 1: Pre-Metal and work your way to Episode 11: Progressive Metal. There's a few things that you have to close but nothing popped up on my anti virus. A part from that you can watch all of them.

Episode 12 can be found HERE Episode 12 is Extreme Metal: The Lost Episode.

Edit: If you go HERE at the bottom of the page there's a list of sub-genre listed along with bands. That should help you find what you like and don't like for your playlist.

Metal Family Tree
steed 2.0
10/6/2017 3:35pm Edited Date/Time 10/6/2017 3:42pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Here's [url=http://www.veoh.com/m/watch.php?v=v685505rXnwF9ze&quality=1]Metal: A Headbanger's Journey[/url] They also release another documentary that's called Global Metal which explores what metal is like in different parts/cultures of the world...

They also release another documentary that's called Global Metal which explores what metal is like in different parts/cultures of the world.

They also did a 12 part series called Metal Evolution that expands on Metal: A Headbanger's Journey. Each episode is dedicated to a different sub-genre of Metal. It's worth a watch if you have the time.

I would start with Metal: A Headbanger's Journey and follow that up with Metal Evolution.

Metal Evolution Series

Episodes 1 to 11 can be found HERE In the second row the episodes are listed from 11 to 1. Start with Episode 1: Pre-Metal and work your way to Episode 11: Progressive Metal. There's a few things that you have to close but nothing popped up on my anti virus. A part from that you can watch all of them.

Edit: If you go HERE at the bottom of the page there's a list of sub-genre listed along with bands. That should help you find what you like and don't like for your playlist.

Metal Family Tree
Good docu, I never actually realized how much I know about it haha... and so striking how much parallels there are between Metal and Techno (must be the punk influence) ...If I now look back on it, I think it was more the fashion statement that bother me than the music per se... after Grunge I'm clueless from that point 30 years Electronic Music

Back in the day... lol

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/6/2017 4:40pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Here's [url=http://www.veoh.com/m/watch.php?v=v685505rXnwF9ze&quality=1]Metal: A Headbanger's Journey[/url] They also release another documentary that's called Global Metal which explores what metal is like in different parts/cultures of the world...

Metal Evolution Series

Metal Family Tree
steed 2.0 wrote:
Good docu, I never actually realized how much I know about it haha... and so striking how much parallels there are between Metal and Techno (must...
Good docu, I never actually realized how much I know about it haha... and so striking how much parallels there are between Metal and Techno (must be the punk influence) ...If I now look back on it, I think it was more the fashion statement that bother me than the music per se... after Grunge I'm clueless from that point 30 years Electronic Music

Back in the day... lol

Not sure who the guy you posted is but that's classic 80's metal attire. Big hair, black shirt, leather jacket, ripped jeans, etc. lol.

Grunge was like 20 years ago so a lot has changed since then. As for the techno and metal connection personally I don't see it as I don't listen to much of it but I do know that some of it is a little darker and faster.

If you've been listening to techno for 30+ years I'm sure that it has evolved a lot. I don't know any of the techno sub-genres but I can tell that it's not all the same. Do you listen/tolerate all the different styles of techno? Metal wise some of it I just can't stand. I'm sure you came across some of it during that documentary.

So let me get this straight. You didn't listen/want to listen to metal and stayed away from it because of its fashion? Metalheads DGAF about any of that. Well the true metalheads don't and they certainly don't give a shit about what Tom, Dick and Harry think of them.
steed 2.0
10/7/2017 3:00am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2017 3:21am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not sure who the guy you posted is but that's classic 80's metal attire. Big hair, black shirt, leather jacket, ripped jeans, etc. lol. Grunge was...
Not sure who the guy you posted is but that's classic 80's metal attire. Big hair, black shirt, leather jacket, ripped jeans, etc. lol.

Grunge was like 20 years ago so a lot has changed since then. As for the techno and metal connection personally I don't see it as I don't listen to much of it but I do know that some of it is a little darker and faster.

If you've been listening to techno for 30+ years I'm sure that it has evolved a lot. I don't know any of the techno sub-genres but I can tell that it's not all the same. Do you listen/tolerate all the different styles of techno? Metal wise some of it I just can't stand. I'm sure you came across some of it during that documentary.

So let me get this straight. You didn't listen/want to listen to metal and stayed away from it because of its fashion? Metalheads DGAF about any of that. Well the true metalheads don't and they certainly don't give a shit about what Tom, Dick and Harry think of them.
That guy is Adam Curry MTV haha... Grunge: Nirvana Bleach 1989 Full Album

I get it your focus is gitars... my focus is drums, bass and synths ... first things first House Music find it's origin in Disco Music... Techno find its origin in Punk/New Wave (Techno never went full mainstream like House Music) we use samples so Its not difficult to understand that the early American DJ/producers which were mainly colored (afro) used alot of Soul, Funk etc. music they grew up with during their childhood and white Europeans music they grew up with (Rock and Punk/New Wave) early Hardcore Techno used alot Classical Music samples similar as some Metal genres... at some point we went over 200bpm haha same you see in Metal faster and louder over the years (Caucasian culture) let's move away from the musical notes... and focus on the culture there I see the most similarities... the clownery from Glam Metal is basically the same what now EDM is, mainstream pop music... in the early days Rave was demonized the same way as Metal etc. etc. Hardcore Techno 2.0 turn off the volume and It has the same vibe as Metal "Well the true metalheads don't and they certainly don't give a shit about what Tom, Dick and Harry think of them" So Techno haha really Smile Btw I'm a Tech House guy damn subgenres Laughing
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/7/2017 10:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not sure who the guy you posted is but that's classic 80's metal attire. Big hair, black shirt, leather jacket, ripped jeans, etc. lol. Grunge was...

steed 2.0 wrote:
That guy is [url=https://twitter.com/adamcurry]Adam Curry[/url] MTV haha... Grunge: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMLre9Jed_4]Nirvana Bleach 1989 Full Album[/url] I get it your focus is gitars... my focus is drums, bass and...
That guy is Adam Curry MTV haha... Grunge: Nirvana Bleach 1989 Full Album

I get it your focus is gitars... my focus is drums, bass and synths ... first things first House Music find it's origin in Disco Music... Techno find its origin in Punk/New Wave (Techno never went full mainstream like House Music) we use samples so Its not difficult to understand that the early American DJ/producers which were mainly colored (afro) used alot of Soul, Funk etc. music they grew up with during their childhood and white Europeans music they grew up with (Rock and Punk/New Wave) early Hardcore Techno used alot Classical Music samples similar as some Metal genres... at some point we went over 200bpm haha same you see in Metal faster and louder over the years (Caucasian culture) let's move away from the musical notes... and focus on the culture there I see the most similarities... the clownery from Glam Metal is basically the same what now EDM is, mainstream pop music... in the early days Rave was demonized the same way as Metal etc. etc. Hardcore Techno 2.0 turn off the volume and It has the same vibe as Metal "Well the true metalheads don't and they certainly don't give a shit about what Tom, Dick and Harry think of them" So Techno haha really Smile Btw I'm a Tech House guy damn subgenres Laughing
You could of at least posted an example of the stuff you do/are into. That Hardcore Techno 2.0 you posted goes pretty "hard" for electronic music.

Been clicking video after video of that Korsakoff lady for obvious reasons lol. Actually not that bad. Looks like a crazy amount of people attend those festivals. Must be a ton of drugs flowing through those vains. Is that style also known as Hardstyle or is that something completely different? Pretty damn sure they don't play any of that stuff in any of the clubs in town.
steed 2.0
10/8/2017 6:05am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You could of at least posted an example of the stuff you do/are into. That Hardcore Techno 2.0 you posted goes pretty "hard" for electronic music...
You could of at least posted an example of the stuff you do/are into. That Hardcore Techno 2.0 you posted goes pretty "hard" for electronic music.

Been clicking video after video of that Korsakoff lady for obvious reasons lol. Actually not that bad. Looks like a crazy amount of people attend those festivals. Must be a ton of drugs flowing through those vains. Is that style also known as Hardstyle or is that something completely different? Pretty damn sure they don't play any of that stuff in any of the clubs in town.
I'm too old for youth culture Laughing only music and the technical side of it i'm not so in cultural war interested as well
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/8/2017 8:28am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
You could of at least posted an example of the stuff you do/are into. That Hardcore Techno 2.0 you posted goes pretty "hard" for electronic music...

steed 2.0 wrote:
I'm too old for youth culture Laughing only music and the technical side of it i'm not so in cultural war interested as well
Hey, where did your mix go? I actually listened to it completely yesterday. Wasn't all that bad. Some parts I didn't like but some of the other parts were pretty good.

So was that mix Tech House or something else? I know nothing about that techno world. Just know it's big in Europe.
Mr. G
10/8/2017 2:38pm
When it comes to gym music I always choose the most irritating possible. Seems to make it easier to get into the pain and suffering.
steed 2.0
10/8/2017 10:10pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2017 6:48am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Hey, where did your mix go? I actually listened to it completely yesterday. Wasn't all that bad. Some parts I didn't like but some of the...
Hey, where did your mix go? I actually listened to it completely yesterday. Wasn't all that bad. Some parts I didn't like but some of the other parts were pretty good.

So was that mix Tech House or something else? I know nothing about that techno world. Just know it's big in Europe.

Well I used Techno, House and Disco in the mix ... music is about interpretation, Keep in mind we're talking Underground Music here ... this give you an idea what we do live Remixing on the flow.

IWreckALot
10/9/2017 6:08am
Yo Steed, you training for anything in particular?
steed 2.0
10/9/2017 10:37am
IWreckALot wrote:
Yo Steed, you training for anything in particular?
No nothing in particular... and you?
IWreckALot
10/9/2017 1:22pm
steed 2.0 wrote:
No nothing in particular... and you?
Well, I'm starting from scratch this week. Not for anything in particular other than overall health. I've worked an office job for the last 11 years. I'm 6'0 and I was probably 165 when I started and I have been at 220 for the last few years. I was underweight at 165. It was a result of working 3 physical jobs and never really slowing down to eat. Start the sedentary life, and it piles on slowly. Nothing more motivating than seeing some old pics of yourself. Ha.

200 is my goal for now, ideally, long term I'd like to get back to 180ish but it seems pretty overwhelming to think that far ahead. Once I get to 200, I'll reevaluate my goal and determine if I want to work on muscle or get more lean. Honestly, I felt really good when I was lean, but over the last few years, I've started finding value in layering in some good strength training. For now, it's cardio foremost. But I definitely do cardio with weights, as well as biking and running. Never been good at running.
Damon12
10/10/2017 5:18am
I think now everyone can find a selection with the right mood, there are a lot of them. But I made my top, for the moment:
1. The Killers - The Man
2. Joywave - Little Lies You’re Told
3. Spoon - Can I Sit Next To You
4. Ty Dolla $ign - So Am I (ft. Damian Marley & Skrillex)
5. Kelly Clarkson - Love So Soft

The last track charges with such energy that you simply abstract from the external environment and completely give yourself up to the occupation and feel at full.

Post a reply to: Gym Motivation Mixtapes

The Latest