Help with a good phone case

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
OK guys, I need a recommendation for a good case; iPhone 7S.

My daughter has had phones for less than 2 years now and has just broken her 4th screen. I mean, it's so shattered that I swear she's doing it on purpose. I am not about to fix it again for her, but when she finally cries enough to get my wife to fix it (it's inevitable,) I want to make her get the biggest, gnarliest, I-don't-care-if-it's-ugly phone case there is. I want a nuclear-hardened facility shrunk down to phone case size and that's what I'll go with.

Of course, I want it to cost less than the phone itself. (Much, much less - those iPhones are ridiculous!!!)

Any suggestions?
|
Hut
11/15/2017 4:10pm
Otter box defender cases are well made, I have used them in the past and they were great for protection and warranty but too bulky for me.
I did just purchase a Supcase brand "Unicorn Beatle" case for our iPad 9.7 and it is pretty decent really. Fair price.

https://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone-7-defender-series

https://www.supcase.com/apple-iphone-7-unicorn-beetle-pro.html
motogrady
11/15/2017 4:14pm

Like hut said. Otter box. Expensive, 50,60 bucks. Quality, and yes, bulky.
Ebs
11/15/2017 5:18pm
flip phone like it's 2004
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
11/15/2017 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 11/15/2017 6:11pm
My daughter,15, has had multiple iPhones over the past several years and never once broke a screen...she understands what they cost and the importance of being careful with them.

My friends daughter pulls the same shit as yours- breaks screens all the time. She knows daddy will get her a new one.

Time to pull the phone until she is responsible enough to have one..

What others said..otter box.

The Shop

MR. X
11/15/2017 6:12pm
I always put the tempered glass screen protectors on my phones.
Hut
11/15/2017 6:30pm
I will say that my iPhone 7 is the only iphone I have ever cracked the screen on and I have had a few. 3G,4,4s,5s,6s, and 7
It is just a small crack across lower left corner. I bought a tempered glass screen guard with a black border to hide the crack. Cool
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/15/2017 6:56pm
Ghostek Atomic 3

https://youtu.be/VaQWflxnDnA?rel=0

If she breaks another one after that tell her you're not fixing it and you're choosing the next phone for her. Get the biggest, ugliest, cheapest phone available. Guarantee she'll be begging you for a new iPhone and will be careful with it. She won't want to be seen with the ugly ass phone. You know how teenager's are.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
11/16/2017 10:39am
Thanks for all the leads, guys. I'm going to make her deal with a broken screen as long as I can, and then when her mom caves in I'll make her buy something like these suggestions. The kid is going to work it off in car washes and mowed lawns, too.
bernnet
11/23/2017 2:29am
Check out Ballistic Tough Jacket case, though a bit pricey.
ns503
11/23/2017 4:18am
MR. X wrote:
Ever break one?

I'm not so sure about 'tempered'. Shards get created. Very sharp ones.
Spydee
11/23/2017 5:41am
MR. X wrote:
ns503 wrote:
Ever break one?

Accidentally slammed the car door on my missus phone once, the tempered glass took the hit and shattered, saved the screen. Defo worth the money.
HD1200
11/23/2017 7:58am
MR. X wrote:
ns503 wrote:
Ever break one?

Otter Box defender with tempered glass. I have cracked the tempered glass a few times and have never damaged, scratched or cracked the phone screen. I work in construction, hunt, etc and I'm not exactly easy on my phones.
Foghorn
11/23/2017 8:12am
MR. X wrote:
ns503 wrote:
Ever break one?

HD1200 wrote:
Otter Box defender with tempered glass. I have cracked the tempered glass a few times and have never damaged, scratched or cracked the phone screen. I...
Otter Box defender with tempered glass. I have cracked the tempered glass a few times and have never damaged, scratched or cracked the phone screen. I work in construction, hunt, etc and I'm not exactly easy on my phones.
If it's truly tempered, it should explode into a million tiny pieces. Shouldn't be any cracks or shards.
ns503
11/23/2017 9:25am
ns503 wrote:
Ever break one?

HD1200 wrote:
Otter Box defender with tempered glass. I have cracked the tempered glass a few times and have never damaged, scratched or cracked the phone screen. I...
Foghorn wrote:
If it's truly tempered, it should explode into a million tiny pieces. Shouldn't be any cracks or shards.
That was my point.

I have a case for my S7 I found on Ebay. If you search gorilla glass, you would likely find it. It's the screw together one. Recommended by a friend. Tough as a brick for sure, and has the heft of one too. Not sure I would get another one - I was looking for protection first and found it with this one, but holy crap it's big & bulky.

Anyway, it took a hard hit to the corner from being thrown into a concrete floor. Thought my phone was toast. Didn't hurt it a bit, but the corner of the 'tempered' glass was all cracked. It didn't break into pieces right away. But over more time, a couple weeks, a shard dislodged into my pocket. Where I found it with my finger. I put some tape over it 'for now' to keep the glass in place and stop any more shards from coming off. Later drove the phone into the floor again & did the same thing to the opposite corner. So now I have tape over that corner too. At least Tuck Tape matches the red case. Since the first hit I have been trying to decide & find what to get next. I have an Otter Box Commuter from when I first got the phone, but it doesn't have any screen protection besides one of those flimsy dust film things. Thought I found new glass for the case I have, but after taking 2 months to get here from Taiwan or China or wherever - it was too small.

Not saying all 'tempered' glass protectors will go to shards, but this one did. So curious what happened to others when theirs got broken.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
11/23/2017 10:17am
I've been using the Otterbox Commuter on my iPhones for a long time. Never cracked one despite many drops.

Post a reply to: Help with a good phone case

The Latest