Here we go again

Edited Date/Time 9/18/2017 10:41am
Seems like today is the day, the Jason Stockley verdict comes out. Some businesses are boarding up windows, barricades are put up, police are on 12 hour shifts. Could be a wild weekend in Saint Louis!!
|
JRT812
9/15/2017 6:42am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 6:44am
Seen the title and the song "Here I go again on my own" came to mind....
APLMAN99
9/15/2017 6:44am
Based on what's been reported of the case, if he's found non guilty I wouldn't be surprised if there were riots...........
APLMAN99
9/15/2017 9:18am
Not guilty! I'm taking off early todaySmile
To go protest the apparent state-sanctioned under?

The Shop

9/15/2017 9:28am
APLMAN99 wrote:
No! I would pick me up a six pack and some baby back ribs. And start my weekend off.
APLMAN99
9/15/2017 9:32am
APLMAN99 wrote:
No! I would pick me up a six pack and some baby back ribs. And start my weekend off.
Well, you wouldn't be the first to tacitly approve of those types of murders.........

Although it almost sounds like celebrating them.
9/15/2017 11:59am
APLMAN99 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Well, you wouldn't be the first to tacitly approve of those types of murders.........

Although it almost sounds like celebrating them.
That's not what are how I meant that. I just like beer and ribs. And I'm not on call this weekend and it's going to be hot in STL. And our pool is still open. I came off 3 months of 10 - 20 hour overtime a week.
9/15/2017 12:04pm
I also live now in Illinois and work in STL and take a highway the protesters were trying to get to earlier.
9/15/2017 12:29pm
grew up in St. Louis and my friends via social media are all staying away. It's going to get ugly.
From what I gathered, the Ferguson deal, Brown got what he had coming.
This situation is more foggy. The only DNA on the gun was from the cop.

Well, we could all tune in to Hannity and watch his panel of 3 white blondes (one being that hot Tomi chick) discuss racism. Yes, that actually happened.
9/15/2017 4:23pm

Who protests and brings a gun like that? People having pizza and a band playing music in the back ground. Only in STL Woohoo
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/15/2017 4:35pm
grew up in St. Louis and my friends via social media are all staying away. It's going to get ugly. From what I gathered, the Ferguson...
grew up in St. Louis and my friends via social media are all staying away. It's going to get ugly.

Well, we could all tune in to Hannity and watch his panel of 3 white blondes (one being that hot Tomi chick) discuss racism. Yes, that actually happened.
The cop had also said he was gonna kill him. Dash cam also shows the cop going to the trunk of his cop car before "finding" the gun. I fully believe Brown got what he deserved, and the cop was only trying to protect himself. However in this case..... the officer needs to go to jail. Can't say I support rioting and shutting down highways, but shit ain't right.
9/15/2017 4:40pm
grew up in St. Louis and my friends via social media are all staying away. It's going to get ugly. From what I gathered, the Ferguson...

colintrax wrote:
The cop had also said he was gonna kill him. Dash cam also shows the cop going to the trunk of his cop car before "finding"...
The cop had also said he was gonna kill him. Dash cam also shows the cop going to the trunk of his cop car before "finding" the gun. I fully believe Brown got what he deserved, and the cop was only trying to protect himself. However in this case..... the officer needs to go to jail. Can't say I support rioting and shutting down highways, but shit ain't right.
In the video that I saw it looked like he put his rifle back in his car, but didn't grab anything. Also in the judge's statement he said there was no evidence that Stockley had the gun on him at any point.

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
9/15/2017 5:10pm
In the video that I saw it looked like he put his rifle back in his car, but didn't grab anything. Also in the judge's statement...
In the video that I saw it looked like he put his rifle back in his car, but didn't grab anything. Also in the judge's statement he said there was no evidence that Stockley had the gun on him at any point.

Not really the point I'm making, the cop may not have planted the gun in the car. But there's enough doubt that if you were a black person in Stl, youd believe the cop did.

Besides, the cop said he was gonna kill the guy. That alone screams "guilty"
APLMAN99
9/15/2017 6:02pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/15/214944/s1200_IMG_1661.jpg[/img] Who protests and brings a gun like that? People having pizza and a band playing music in the back ground. Only in STL :woohoo:

Who protests and brings a gun like that? People having pizza and a band playing music in the back ground. Only in STL Woohoo
Obviously that guy is a patriot.......

hillbilly
9/15/2017 6:11pm
Those people are going to riot no matter the verdict.

They don't care about verdict or the guy that got killed or the probably dozens of murders since.

All about looting and raising hell.
9/15/2017 9:12pm
colintrax wrote:
Not really the point I'm making, the cop may not have planted the gun in the car. But there's enough doubt that if you were a...
Not really the point I'm making, the cop may not have planted the gun in the car. But there's enough doubt that if you were a black person in Stl, youd believe the cop did.

Besides, the cop said he was gonna kill the guy. That alone screams "guilty"
They saw what they wanted to see and are using it as an excuse to do exactly what they do every time.

I would be at least a little upset too if somebody almost hit me with their car. We've all said things like that.

They will riot for "justice" and after all of it they will still be in the same position they were before this all happened.
TXDirt
9/16/2017 4:55am
Reminds me of all the riots after OJ was found not guilty. Oh wait...
APLMAN99
9/16/2017 7:43am
TXDirt wrote:
Oh boy.......

Really?

Do you believe that there is a pattern of black men killing white women and being acquitted despite overwhelming evidence?

Or do you truly understand that the OJ verdict was a freak anomaly and you're just throwing shit like that out there without really thinking?
borg
9/16/2017 9:26am
I'm not an expert on this sort of thing but I have never seen cops run to the window of a car at the end of a pursuit. Especially if they know the occupant has a gun. Even if they don't know the driver has a gun, they usually hide behind their vehicle, with their guns drawn, ordering the occupant to get out. And that standoff may go on for hours. Maybe this is common practice but it's not something I have ever seen watching police pursuits.

After reading the transcript linked above, it sure seems like this case was brought on weak evidence. It took them 5 years to put together that case? Doesn't make sense at all. Either does running up to the window of a vehicle with an armed suspect inside but OK.

Maybe there's something I'm missing here but why the hell did they bring this case?
APLMAN99
9/16/2017 9:35am
borg wrote:
I'm not an expert on this sort of thing but I have never seen cops run to the window of a car at the end of...
I'm not an expert on this sort of thing but I have never seen cops run to the window of a car at the end of a pursuit. Especially if they know the occupant has a gun. Even if they don't know the driver has a gun, they usually hide behind their vehicle, with their guns drawn, ordering the occupant to get out. And that standoff may go on for hours. Maybe this is common practice but it's not something I have ever seen watching police pursuits.

After reading the transcript linked above, it sure seems like this case was brought on weak evidence. It took them 5 years to put together that case? Doesn't make sense at all. Either does running up to the window of a vehicle with an armed suspect inside but OK.

Maybe there's something I'm missing here but why the hell did they bring this case?
Yes, it seems like the "system" was pretty set on protecting the officer from prosecution from the get go.

I can't imagine how it would go if a black citizen was recorded saying that he was going to kill a cop, then admittedly did fire the fatal shot, and was later discovered to have lied and planted false evidence.

I'm thinking that they'd have swiftly convicted him and there's slightly less than zero chance of finding that there wasn't a strong enough case for conviction.
borg
9/16/2017 9:51am
borg wrote:
I'm not an expert on this sort of thing but I have never seen cops run to the window of a car at the end of...

APLMAN99 wrote:
Yes, it seems like the "system" was pretty set on protecting the officer from prosecution from the get go. I can't imagine how it would go...
Yes, it seems like the "system" was pretty set on protecting the officer from prosecution from the get go.

I can't imagine how it would go if a black citizen was recorded saying that he was going to kill a cop, then admittedly did fire the fatal shot, and was later discovered to have lied and planted false evidence.

I'm thinking that they'd have swiftly convicted him and there's slightly less than zero chance of finding that there wasn't a strong enough case for conviction.
I only read the 30 page transcript that was linked above and the article in Wikipedia. Is there better information somewhere else?
Based on what I read, there was no evidence that the gun was planted. There was testimony, not just by Stockley, that the gun was already there. The other problem here is that, rightly or wrongly, cops are given wide berth on using deadly force in criminal pursuits. Not so in your scenario. It's why I wonder why they even brought this to trial. Especially after 5 years.

I'm not defending Stockley here, I'm really baffled as to why, with all that could and probably would go wrong, that they would bring this to trial.
9/16/2017 12:06pm
I read that the family got like $900,000 from the city of Saint Louis, so if he is " not guilty " , will the family have to pay that back?
TXDirt
9/18/2017 10:16am
TXDirt wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Oh boy....... Really? Do you believe that there is a pattern of black men killing white women and being acquitted despite overwhelming evidence? Or do you...
Oh boy.......

Really?

Do you believe that there is a pattern of black men killing white women and being acquitted despite overwhelming evidence?

Or do you truly understand that the OJ verdict was a freak anomaly and you're just throwing shit like that out there without really thinking?
Well statistically speaking, police killing unarmed black people and being acquitted is also an anomaly.
APLMAN99
9/18/2017 10:19am
TXDirt wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Oh boy....... Really? Do you believe that there is a pattern of black men killing white women and being acquitted despite overwhelming evidence? Or do you...
Oh boy.......

Really?

TXDirt wrote:
Well statistically speaking, police killing unarmed black people and being acquitted is also an anomaly.
Because they aren't even usually charged........
TXDirt
9/18/2017 10:41am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Oh boy.......

Really?

TXDirt wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
They are not being charged because there is a lack of evidence to charge them. There have been some charged and convicted. You can't charge someone without enough evidence and you can't convict with out a near absolute certainty by a judge or jury. There are plenty of people (white and black) walking around who have committed a crime but are not charged because of a lack of evidence.

Police are in a fairly unique situation because their job is to "serve and protect" so there can be many variables in each shooting. Your reference of statistical anomalies can also be applied to the fact that few, if any, officers wake up in the morning and say "gee, I'm going to go kill an unarmed black person today."
mxb2
9/18/2017 12:50pm
TXDirt wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
They are not being charged because there is a lack of evidence to charge them. There have been some charged and convicted. You can't charge someone...
They are not being charged because there is a lack of evidence to charge them. There have been some charged and convicted. You can't charge someone without enough evidence and you can't convict with out a near absolute certainty by a judge or jury. There are plenty of people (white and black) walking around who have committed a crime but are not charged because of a lack of evidence.

Police are in a fairly unique situation because their job is to "serve and protect" so there can be many variables in each shooting. Your reference of statistical anomalies can also be applied to the fact that few, if any, officers wake up in the morning and say "gee, I'm going to go kill an unarmed black person today."
Come on man, they are all.boy scouts with clean records, who didn't do nuffin lol.

Post a reply to: Here we go again

The Latest