3/22/2018 7:47am
Sadly he had 4 cars in the driveway when they started....Silly

The Shop

Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 8:04am
4 snow storms in 3 weeks? I'm done moving that shit
MR. X
3/22/2018 8:08am
Right on !!! We didn't get any of those storms unfortunately.
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 8:13am
About 30 years ago I had an office job, we had an illegal working with us, he would run errands, deposits stuff like that

Well one day ICE came and picked up Roberto to send him back to Ecuador, we were all sad to see him go, as they paraded him by us in cuffs we all said our good byes, he looked at us and said and I quote "see you guys in a month"

Sure enough he was back in 3 weeks
Shiftfaced
3/22/2018 8:17am
Remember the good old days when 57 illegals would be using the same Social Security number?

Imagine that! 57 people working, having SS being deducted from their paychecks, and they would never, ever draw a cent of that back out.

Good thing we shut that down!
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 8:25am
We didn't seem to have a problem with that here

Believe it or not we have a problem with them at practice tracks, yes they moto around here, a lot of them ride and race

One guy comes with a bike, pays and rides, then his friends come and hang out, but they switch riding gear so they all get to ride for the price one
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/22/2018 8:42am
The tile store we hit from had an illlegal working the yard for years, his name was Nacho. I honestly loved the guy....as kind and helpful as could be. He would always share is latest burrito creations with me when we stopped in. One day Nacho wasn’t there and I asked about him. He was arrested for murder! I shit you not. Now I’m not saying all illegals are rapist and murderers...like someone we know Smile . But this sure surprised the hell out of us.

We have litterally thousands of illegals here in San Diego. I don’t hire them ever as I never know who I’ll get and plus it is against the law and I have a small business and try n follow the rules. I feel bad for them but they are not the solution for a good economy. They drain the system more than any other group of people (free healthcare, lunches, phones and on n on) and yet pay nothing into the system. I do hire I would say 100% Hispanics when I need help on jobs, they have the hardest work ethic of anyone I’ve ever used. They are all legal citizens though and they all speak fluent English.

I appreciate you wanting help with your snow Tony but I don’t know if I would trust a total stranger working in my yard.
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 9:07am
Me personally I would rather an American kid shoveling my driveway,but they don't do that anymore

When I was a kid I loved it when it snowed, I wanted money and I would shovel for 5 or 10 bucks, the last time one of the neighborhood kids came to shovel was probably 25 years ago

These guys are local kids, and I agree with you they do drain the economy, my school taxes alone are 9000 a year and it pisses me off that they pay nothing, but they're here to stay and at this point there's really no solution
APLMAN99
3/22/2018 9:33am
How do you guys know who is “illegal” and who isn’t?

Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 9:43am
Well I know these kids are illegals, first they live around the corner and second ICE and the FBI raided there house about two years ago

Rounded them all up, sent them home to Guatemala
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/22/2018 9:51am
I tend to go with the gut feeling and knowing who has used the workers/subs before. If I have doubts, which I have in the past they have to show me a green card or work permit. If they can’t do that and also do not communicate will in English then I kindly ask them to leave. It is always workers that other sub contractors bring in. The cheap bastards that hire out their work to guys making $10 hour under the table.

I don’t want to get shot or stabbed so I always blame it on the homeowner, let them get shot or stabbed.

“ so and so wanted me to make sure all workers were documented” is all it takes. Have never had anyone get nasty when asked to leave. They know they r a phone call away from going back home
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 10:00am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2018 10:02am
Wait they get 10 bucks an hour in socal? Wtf, they get 150 a day here and lunch

I don't hire undocumented workers as I'm semi retired, I work at a bike shop during the season

these guys live two houses away from me, and I know a woman that lives in the house with them, my corner is a school bus stop and she comes with her little daughter every morning

Btw i paid them 25 bucks
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/22/2018 10:09am
Haha Tony. I have nothing against you hiring them. I’m not heartless and know a lot of them are very good people. We have a family renting next door to us and I know they r illegal as can be but we have still grown to love them n their kids and would never think of turning them in.

Yeah in this area $10 an hour is pretty common place for the sleazy contractors to have them do the nastiest of jobs.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/22/2018 10:40am
What sucks is that the people who really want to be here and contribute to society have to spend years and years on some list to become citizens. Make that process much easier and quicker, and it becomes far more ethical to deport the non-citizens.
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 11:04am
Falcon wrote:
What sucks is that the people who really want to be here and contribute to society have to spend years and years on some list to...
What sucks is that the people who really want to be here and contribute to society have to spend years and years on some list to become citizens. Make that process much easier and quicker, and it becomes far more ethical to deport the non-citizens.
A lot of them do want to become American citizens, I know a few and I'm proud to say i know them, and I can't really throw stones because both my parents came through Ellis island, dad from Italy and mom from England

But there's a fare amount around here who do not want to become citizens, making a minimum of 750 a week, living 15 to a house, not paying school or property tax, the mentality is if I don't have to why should I and I have that right, and we have many around here who advocate for this way of thinking

Like I said before, the woman who waits at the bus stop with her daughter pays no school taxes, I have no children in school but have to pay 9 grand a year, frustrating yes but I hold no animosity towards them, I just accept that this just the way it is
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
3/22/2018 11:54am
Did you have them pile the snow in a neat wall along your driveway?
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 11:58am
Nah, believe it or not while I paid them to shovel, I went and shovel my elderly neighbor, she lives alone and the snow was heavy, 19 inches when all said and done
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 12:06pm
GuyB wrote:
I’m sitting here eating my pasta and I just figured out your post lmao

Never would’ve expected that from you

You should come to non-moto more often
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/22/2018 12:12pm
GuyB wrote:
If I had the ability I would click you for that comment Smile

I better watch what I’m saying....I didn’t know you were here. I don’t want another time out! Just look at my sentence where I said I love my illegal neighbors
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
3/22/2018 12:59pm
I'll be damn if I would live somewhere that I had to pay $750 a month in school taxes. What the Hell?
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 1:21pm
Yeah every may the schools here have a budget vote, they basically extort us, they say if it doesn't pass they're gonna cut kindergarten, sports and music so most parents vote yes

They're basically just giving themselves raises, but there's a catch, they never update anything, my kids soccer uniforms were a disgrace

And check this out, they don't send the budget vote info to house holds with no children, and when schools that budgets don't pass, they keep having the vote until it does

We have school superintendents that make of 500,000 a year compared to upstate that make around 100,000
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 1:25pm
My monthly tax bill is more then my mortgage,

Mortgage payment $1003.00

Property/school. $1321.00
LoudLove
3/22/2018 1:51pm
Falcon wrote:
What sucks is that the people who really want to be here and contribute to society have to spend years and years on some list to...
Uncle Tony wrote:
A lot of them do want to become American citizens, I know a few and I'm proud to say i know them, and I can't really...
A lot of them do want to become American citizens, I know a few and I'm proud to say i know them, and I can't really throw stones because both my parents came through Ellis island, dad from Italy and mom from England

But there's a fare amount around here who do not want to become citizens, making a minimum of 750 a week, living 15 to a house, not paying school or property tax, the mentality is if I don't have to why should I and I have that right, and we have many around here who advocate for this way of thinking

Like I said before, the woman who waits at the bus stop with her daughter pays no school taxes, I have no children in school but have to pay 9 grand a year, frustrating yes but I hold no animosity towards them, I just accept that this just the way it is
Well, unless the property is abandoned, somebody's paying property tax! Maybe not the tenants, but somebody.

In Texas the average residential property tax rate is 2.2%, i.e. a $200K appraisal is rewarded with $4400 a year in property taxes. We also have an 8.25% sales tax, but no state income tax. It's difficult to escape paying taxes in Texas, even those here illegally as 1) they gotta live somewhere and 2) they gotta buy stuff.
Uncle Tony
3/22/2018 2:21pm
Of course the landlord pays the taxes, but then you 15 people living in a two bedroom home

The biggest problem we had was in the 90's they gave a lot of illegals mortgages, they borrowed against the house and then left the country

Nobody died, but a few days ago 27 illegals were having a barbecue, the weather was bad as usual, so they barbecued in the basement
KMC440
3/22/2018 2:47pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Me personally I would rather an American kid shoveling my driveway,but they don't do that anymore When I was a kid I loved it when it...
Me personally I would rather an American kid shoveling my driveway,but they don't do that anymore

When I was a kid I loved it when it snowed, I wanted money and I would shovel for 5 or 10 bucks, the last time one of the neighborhood kids came to shovel was probably 25 years ago

These guys are local kids, and I agree with you they do drain the economy, my school taxes alone are 9000 a year and it pisses me off that they pay nothing, but they're here to stay and at this point there's really no solution
" ... and on the Honda #345 Carlos Garcia ... Kawasaki #56 Carlos Garcia ... the 781 Yamaha is ridden by ... Carlo ... holy fuck are you serious? ... "
LaughingTongueCool

Post a reply to: I did something illegal today

The Latest