Thanks for clearing that up 1st, justice not served

The Shop

AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
12/1/2017 7:26am
Incredible. No justice for her family.
12/1/2017 8:38am
Such BS. All of this pussy footing liberal crap I can't stand it. The mayors of these "sanctuary" cities deserve to be locked up as an accessory to crime when some known illegal is taking refuge there and does something like this.

Up here, our Prime Minister is welcoming back ISIS fighters with open arms, despite it saying directly in the criminal code that anyone leaving Canada to fight with an enemy known to be oppose to us or our allies is to face a jail term of no less than 14 years upon returning to Canada. They admit to knowing about 60 of them who are now back here and free... But that number is a year or two old, considering ISIS has started to fail, there are more and more of them returning "home". That's ok though, they are being watched so they say.

I wouldn't blame someone for tracking this guy down and giving him what he deserves.
12/1/2017 9:03am
Such BS. All of this pussy footing liberal crap I can't stand it. The mayors of these "sanctuary" cities deserve to be locked up as an...
Such BS. All of this pussy footing liberal crap I can't stand it. The mayors of these "sanctuary" cities deserve to be locked up as an accessory to crime when some known illegal is taking refuge there and does something like this.

Up here, our Prime Minister is welcoming back ISIS fighters with open arms, despite it saying directly in the criminal code that anyone leaving Canada to fight with an enemy known to be oppose to us or our allies is to face a jail term of no less than 14 years upon returning to Canada. They admit to knowing about 60 of them who are now back here and free... But that number is a year or two old, considering ISIS has started to fail, there are more and more of them returning "home". That's ok though, they are being watched so they say.

I wouldn't blame someone for tracking this guy down and giving him what he deserves.
The validity of your opinion is reinforced by viewing your username "White Trash".

None of you were in the court room to hear the evidence that was provided, so condemning this man based on no evidence save for his country of origin speaks volumes of your character.

Just was indeed served, just not the justice you were seeking.
12/1/2017 9:14am
The guy shouldn't even be in the country...
By that logic if he immigrated legally the point would be moot.

Try again.
Homey55
12/1/2017 9:40am

Try again.
Who killed Kate, then? I'm assuming your going to respond back "you mean, what killed Kate?"

Kate was MURDERED.
APLMAN99
12/1/2017 10:06am
After reading more about it, as a layman I'm surprised that he wasn't found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. The ricochet factor may have taken out the argument of it being an intentional killing, but it certainly sounds like a good prosecutor would have focused on involuntary manslaughter..........
borg
12/1/2017 10:29am
APLMAN99 wrote:
After reading more about it, as a layman I'm surprised that he wasn't found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. The ricochet factor may have taken out the...
After reading more about it, as a layman I'm surprised that he wasn't found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. The ricochet factor may have taken out the argument of it being an intentional killing, but it certainly sounds like a good prosecutor would have focused on involuntary manslaughter..........
I will have to search for more information on the trial because something is missing here. He admitted to police that he fired the gun. He was brandishing a loaded gun in public which is probably illegal in SF so even accidental discharge would be involuntary manslaughter. Something is missing in the news reports.
12/1/2017 10:53am

Try again.
Buddy had possession of the fire arm. He caused it to fire, that bullet then killed someone... How is he innocent of killing someone?

If I were to go out on to public land and target practice with one of my rifles (all of this is legal) and one of those rounds ricochets and ends up killing someone, I am absolutely 100% guilty of manslaughter... Same thing were to happen if I was out group hunting with a bunch of buddies, had an accident that caused the gun to fire and kill someone in the hunting party I am still 100% guilty of manslaughter.

Sure, if he immigrated legally, my little argument against these "sanctuary cities" wouldn't matter, but the fact is, he was allowed to be there, he should have been deported instead of being release to the general public. I will never understand why some people to refuse to do the things that keep the innocent population among us safe. Had he been put back to where he belongs, this would not have happened.
SCR
12/1/2017 10:57am

Try again.
Yeah well, he didn't immigrate legally did he so the point isn't mute. He should never of been here, he shouldn't have been protected by a sad excuse for city and state officials. And a parent should never had to of buried their child. That's the fucking point.
Got it ?
MotoMo165
12/1/2017 11:02am
That is bs. I don't understand how this can even happen....... I would honestly track the fucker down if that was my kid.
newmann
12/1/2017 11:22am
APLMAN99 wrote:
After reading more about it, as a layman I'm surprised that he wasn't found guilty of involuntary manslaughter. The ricochet factor may have taken out the...
I haven't read up in detail of it, but if you and a buddy rob someone and your buddy shoots and kills the victim then you also will be charged with murder, correct? This guy is a convicted felon which strips him of his gun rights. After being deported numerous times, he shouldn't have been here in the first place. Secondly, being a convicted felon he never should have picked up this gun that he supposedly found let alone been finger fucking the trigger. I that where they came up with the murder charge?
APLMAN99
12/1/2017 11:31am
APLMAN99 wrote:
newmann wrote:
I haven't read up in detail of it, but if you and a buddy rob someone and your buddy shoots and kills the victim then you...
I haven't read up in detail of it, but if you and a buddy rob someone and your buddy shoots and kills the victim then you also will be charged with murder, correct? This guy is a convicted felon which strips him of his gun rights. After being deported numerous times, he shouldn't have been here in the first place. Secondly, being a convicted felon he never should have picked up this gun that he supposedly found let alone been finger fucking the trigger. I that where they came up with the murder charge?
He actually was found guilty of illegally possessing a gun.

It's the murder thing that didn't stick, and it's odd that they couldn't get at least involuntary manslaughter.

It sounds like both sides seemed to agree that he found the gun, but it also sounds like they differ on when. The defense was that he'd just found it and that it discharged while he was picking it up, and the jury believing something to that effect is the only thing that makes sense of that verdict to me, a graduate of University of Google School of Law......
SEEMEFIRST
12/1/2017 11:52am
The feds can still get him for illegal re-entry. If they will, who knows.
That, unfortunately will put him in the federal country club.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
12/1/2017 12:16pm

Try again.
And when "if " and "buts" were candy and nuts we would all have a very merry Christmas

Fact of the matter is he was convicted of many violent felonies and deported many times.
He justly should have been either in prison or another country. That being said, he could not have
killed Kate from where he would have been with SF NOT being a sanctuary city.
In the interview he specifically said that he came to San Fran "because" it is a sanctuary city.
Before he was told not to speak by his atty., he said (in an interview) he was shooting walruses,
and he also said he shot the gun in Kate's direction.
After the trial, the atty. said the prosecution could not prove "he brandished the weapon in a threatening manner"
which apparently is a requirement of manslaughter? Seems very very wrong!
TM
KMC440
12/1/2017 12:35pm
Was told the judge went off not allowing evidence to be admitted... regardless this pos walks. Sad.
APLMAN99
12/1/2017 12:37pm

Try again.
ToolMaker wrote:
And when "if " and "buts" were candy and nuts we would all have a very merry Christmas Fact of the matter is he was convicted...
And when "if " and "buts" were candy and nuts we would all have a very merry Christmas

Fact of the matter is he was convicted of many violent felonies and deported many times.
He justly should have been either in prison or another country. That being said, he could not have
killed Kate from where he would have been with SF NOT being a sanctuary city.
In the interview he specifically said that he came to San Fran "because" it is a sanctuary city.
Before he was told not to speak by his atty., he said (in an interview) he was shooting walruses,
and he also said he shot the gun in Kate's direction.
After the trial, the atty. said the prosecution could not prove "he brandished the weapon in a threatening manner"
which apparently is a requirement of manslaughter? Seems very very wrong!
TM
He definitely had a long list of felony convictions, but not for violent crimes. SF policy would have enabled local law enforcement to detain him for ICE if his convictions or current charges had been for violent crimes.

Not defending the verdict, or SF's policies, just clearing up the factual part.
JM485
12/1/2017 12:52pm
When you're driving drunk and get hit you are still considered at fault because you shouldn't have been on the road. When you're illegal and "accidentally" murder someone you're let off. I swear, I couldn't have in my wildest imagination dreamt up the things that go on today just a few years ago, it's so mind blowing I can't even wrap my head around it.
Hut
12/1/2017 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2017 1:00pm
This from Wikipedia,
Suspect__________
Juan Francisco López-Sánchez (or Francisco Sánchez; given name José Inez García Zárate),[16] of Guanajuato, Mexico, had been deported from the U.S. a total of five times, most recently in 2009.[17] He was on probation in Texas at the time of the shooting.[18] He had seven felony convictions. When he was apprehended, Garcia Zarate was listed as 45 years old by police, but as 52 in jail records.[19]

Garcia Zarate arrived in the U.S. sometime before 1991, the year he was convicted of his first drug charge in Arizona. In 1993, he was convicted three times in Washington state for felony heroin possession and manufacturing narcotics. Following another drug conviction and jail term, this time in Oregon, the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) deported Garcia Zarate in June 1994. However, Garcia Zarate returned to the U.S. within two years and was convicted again of heroin possession in Washington state. He was deported for the second time in 1997.[16]

On February 2, 1998, Garcia Zarate was deported for the third time, after reentering the U.S. through Arizona. United States Border Patrol caught him six days later at a border crossing, and a federal court sentenced Garcia Zarate to five years and three months in federal prison for unauthorized reentry. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), successor of the INS, deported Garcia Zarate in 2003 for his fourth deportation. However, he reentered the U.S. through the Texas border and got another federal prison sentence for reentry before being deported for the fifth time in June 2009.[16]

Less than three months after his fifth deportation, Garcia Zarate was caught attempting to cross the border in Eagle Pass, Texas. He pleaded guilty to felony reentry; upon sentencing, a federal court recommended Garcia Zarate be placed in "a federal medical facility as soon as possible".[16]

On March 26, 2015, at the request of the San Francisco Sheriff's Department (SFSD), United States Bureau of Prisons (BOP) had turned Garcia Zarate over to San Francisco authorities for an outstanding drug warrant.[20] San Francisco officials transported Garcia Zarate to San Francisco County Jail on March 26, 2015, to face a 20-year-old felony charge of selling and possessing marijuana after Garcia Zarate completed his latest prison term in San Bernardino County for entering in the country without the proper documents.[21]

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) had issued a detainer for Garcia Zarate requesting that he be kept in custody until immigration authorities could pick him up. However, as a sanctuary city, its “Due Process for All” ordinance[22] restricted cooperation with ICE to cases only where the immigrant had both current violent felony charges and past violent felony convictions; therefore, San Francisco disregarded the detainer and released him.[23][24] He was released from San Francisco County Jail on April 15, 2015, and had no outstanding warrants or judicial warrants, as confirmed by the San Francisco Sheriff's Department.[18]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Kathryn_Steinle
whyZ
12/1/2017 1:07pm
Not being convicted of murder, I can almost agree. Not being convicted of involuntary manslaughter is incomprehensible. If this was boxing I'd say the prosecutor took a dive. IMO, if they did I would say it wasn't too try and avoid the inevitable civil suit brought by the Steinle family, but more so to keep intact their sanctuary city status.
12/1/2017 1:18pm
Doesn't Cali have a three strikes rule when it comes to felonies? If so why was the guy walking around a week after committing another felony? The media is saying that the DA didn't even use or bring up the fact that the guy had been deported 5-6 times.
Mr. G
12/1/2017 1:32pm
It's San Francisco. That's all one needs to know. I wonder if they admire what this guy did?
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
12/1/2017 1:41pm
Mr. G wrote:
It's San Francisco. That's all one needs to know. I wonder if they admire what this guy did?
I expect he will eventually be the mayor of San Fran..
Squitlege
12/1/2017 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2017 1:50pm
So fucking sad. This is EXACTLY why you dont live in one of these ass backward sanctuary cities. Of course these state employed prosecutors are not going to hold this ILLEGAL piece of shit accountable to the laws on the books, they want more people just like him filling their cities, ballot boxes, and ultimately their bank accounts.

Also, where'd that dumbass liberal "TriggerWarned" run off to after getting his shitty lil hypothetical dooshy argument smashed apart Whistling
TG130
12/1/2017 2:03pm
Yeah, this POS got away with killing this girl - he should have at least been convicted of manslaughter or something.

Another point I want to make about this incident is that the gun used to kill Kate was left in plain sight in a cop's vehicle and either this guy or some other POS stole it. There's been a rash of cop's guns being stolen out of their vehicles in Norcal lately - around 7 or 8 separate incidents. 3 of those guns, including this case, were used in senseless murders.

In several of the cases the cop's cars were either unlocked or they left the guns out in the open where they could be easily spotted. The grand daddy of them all was the FBI agent who had his MP5 stolen out of his car and in a separate incident there was another FBI agent that had his Glock and his badge ripped off. out of his car. The Glock was recovered, but the MP5 is still out there in some low life's hands.

Not saying the cops were totally responsible for the deaths, but they of all people should know a hell of a lot better that to be so wreckless with their firearms. At least put them in the trunk or some sort of lock box, lock your vehicles and put stuff like that out of sight.

Post a reply to: Kate...

The Latest