Linkin Park lead singer, dies of apparant suicide

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
|
JRT812
7/20/2017 12:40pm
damn... hadn't heard any of their stuff since my younger days... but damn, hate to hear about people giving up
jtiger12
7/20/2017 12:51pm
I just found out from my wife, then came here to share. Very sad for everyone involved. At least his wife and kids SHOULD be getting left with several million dollars. Think of all the children and spouses left behind everyday by people in much worse financial shape.

The Shop

akillerwombat
7/20/2017 2:12pm
Downer.

Depression is no fucking joke. Can't even fathom how fucked your mind must be to leave all the family, friends, and fans behind.
JM485
7/20/2017 4:48pm
Man, what a major bummer. I was never really into their newer stuff, but damn did their older stuff have some serious fire to it, a raw aggression. RIP
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/20/2017 4:52pm
Holy shit, six kids? I have no sympathy.
And why not? I bet he loved every one of them.
Hut
7/20/2017 6:05pm
Sad, Rest In Peace
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/20/2017 6:32pm
RIP. May all of those affected find solace.
7/20/2017 7:51pm
Falcon wrote:
Its just crazy to think that he either wouldn't seek treatment or would not follow through if he has all the resources in the world and six kids depending on him. I'm sure that life is pretty rough. Those record companies chew people up and spit them out all the time. But it's just such a shame that those kids are going to grow up without a dad. I would think that would be enough motivation to keep on trucking through the bad times. But I've never really been there.
APLMAN99
7/20/2017 7:57pm
Good thing that you're not in a profession that requires compassion.............
Sully
7/20/2017 8:27pm
Falcon wrote:
Its just crazy to think that he either wouldn't seek treatment or would not follow through if he has all the resources in the world and...
Its just crazy to think that he either wouldn't seek treatment or would not follow through if he has all the resources in the world and six kids depending on him. I'm sure that life is pretty rough. Those record companies chew people up and spit them out all the time. But it's just such a shame that those kids are going to grow up without a dad. I would think that would be enough motivation to keep on trucking through the bad times. But I've never really been there.
Without knowing what demons were living inside his head, it might be a good idea to not pass judgement on the guy. Like akillerwombat said; Depression is no fucking joke.
JRT812
7/20/2017 9:12pm
Wow, coming in hot. My grandfather ate a .38 and I learned that sucide is prevalent on my fathers side of the family. Literally, only his 2 sisters are alive and my grandmother was the only one who died of natural causes. Also had a close friend in high school hang himself.

My takeaway from these experiences is that there is always room for sympathy. Especially for the dead and the family members who have to piece life back together.
7/20/2017 9:17pm
He had shit childhood filled with trauma and abuse. He was molested and raped repetitively. As a abuse surviver and a lifelong sufferer of depression myself I can't relate. Unless you have expirenced anything of the sort how can you pass judgement? Abuse at a young age permanently rewires your brain. What might seem like rational thoughts to you might not be to someone who has suffers from clinical depression, ptsd, etc...i can tell you first had that the mental health care system in thus country is total garbage.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/20/2017 9:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2017 9:23pm
Mental illness isn't logical. That is why it is so difficult for people that don't have it to try and understand the actions of those afflicted with it.

I doubt he would want sympathy. Empathy, on the other hand, is usually welcomed.

I didn't make the post to pile on. Yet, to perhaps provide some clarity.
7/20/2017 10:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2017 10:27pm
You're a total ass. How can you say what the right decision is when you have obviously never been that state of mind. I feel bad for those families you say you're helping.
Thumper243
7/20/2017 10:34pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2017 11:03pm
He always looked nuts to me since about right after they did the killer mashup with Jay-Z in 2004. Lots of weirdness.

All the tats, face crap and everything screams issues and is such a Shame. My old lady always thought he was in the closet from the way he looked in later years.

They both do their whole albums at the time. Good shit. At 4:15 on at the End Jay Looks at him like Damn White Boy going off.

7/20/2017 10:44pm
I also get to talk to families and help put the pieces together after somebody commits suicide. He made the choice.
He may have made the choice FOR his family, nothing logical about mental illness.
doofy
7/21/2017 12:06am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2017 12:08am
He tried so hard and got so far,

But in the end it doesnt even matter
rongi#401
7/21/2017 4:17am
saw them at rock in rio a few years back. been a fan since 6th grade. but to leave your family behind like that. and you know something i notice with all these suicides? none of them work out(except for mirra, but he had cte) and im sure a nice dose of mushrooms will halt any idea of hurting yourself...just my .02. fuck that guy. 6 kids. now their lives are in pieces. and the cycle of mental illness continues
7/21/2017 4:57am
You're a total ass. How can you say what the right decision is when you have obviously never been that state of mind. I feel bad...
You're a total ass. How can you say what the right decision is when you have obviously never been that state of mind. I feel bad for those families you say you're helping.
I can judge him because his actions had massive consequences that are going to affect his children forever. It's like you are saying I can't judge anybody that has a mental disorder and does anything horrible. "Don't judge the rapist, he's a victim and he doesn't know any better."

I just can't believe you all are giving him a pass for possibly the most selfish act that anybody could go through with. It's like it's okay because you know his personal struggles. Would it be fine for any other father of six to just off themselves?

I've only had a few suicides and they are all terrible. I mostly brought it up because of the ramifications for his family. They will suffer through this for many years to come and like the above poster said, it will just ensure that the cycle continues for his next generation.
JRT812
7/21/2017 5:45am
You're a total ass. How can you say what the right decision is when you have obviously never been that state of mind. I feel bad...
I can judge him because his actions had massive consequences that are going to affect his children forever. It's like you are saying I can't judge...
I can judge him because his actions had massive consequences that are going to affect his children forever. It's like you are saying I can't judge anybody that has a mental disorder and does anything horrible. "Don't judge the rapist, he's a victim and he doesn't know any better."

I just can't believe you all are giving him a pass for possibly the most selfish act that anybody could go through with. It's like it's okay because you know his personal struggles. Would it be fine for any other father of six to just off themselves?

I've only had a few suicides and they are all terrible. I mostly brought it up because of the ramifications for his family. They will suffer through this for many years to come and like the above poster said, it will just ensure that the cycle continues for his next generation.
No worries and it's just different views. I guess for some its hard to fathom a person struggling with life to the point that taking the easy way out appears to be the only solution. For me, stepping back and viewing it from that point honestly makes feel for the guy and even more for the family. It's not fine for anyone to do it, 1 kid or 10 kids. Rich or poor.

Either way, it's a bitch move and selfish act for sure for anyone to do it, but also sad to see a life squandered so easily as well

APLMAN99
7/21/2017 5:55am
I also get to talk to families and help put the pieces together after somebody commits suicide. He made the choice.
Given your apparent lack of understanding of what the dead person was going through, you shouldn't be anywhere near the families of anyone who has committed or attempted suicide. With your attitude there is no way that you could truly provide comfort and compassion to the families, you'd just be rubbing salt in some deep, hurtful wounds.

Too often people equate money with emotional and psychological wellness, and that's obviously not a good link. If someone with true depression has a lot of money, it could probably exacerbate their issues, making them feel guilty and worthless for not being "happier" that they are surrounded by all the materialistic trappings that they ever dreamed of. The littlest shortcomings get blown into huge failures in their minds.

Guys like this don't usually take their lives because they want to hurt their loved ones. They do it because they feel so deeply that they've failed the people closest to them and that their absence will improve life for them. Obviously that's nearly always false, but that shows how irrational someone with deep depression thinks and how applying logic and reason to their thinking just doesn't work.
7/21/2017 7:07am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Given your apparent lack of understanding of what the dead person was going through, you shouldn't be anywhere near the families of anyone who has committed...
Given your apparent lack of understanding of what the dead person was going through, you shouldn't be anywhere near the families of anyone who has committed or attempted suicide. With your attitude there is no way that you could truly provide comfort and compassion to the families, you'd just be rubbing salt in some deep, hurtful wounds.

Too often people equate money with emotional and psychological wellness, and that's obviously not a good link. If someone with true depression has a lot of money, it could probably exacerbate their issues, making them feel guilty and worthless for not being "happier" that they are surrounded by all the materialistic trappings that they ever dreamed of. The littlest shortcomings get blown into huge failures in their minds.

Guys like this don't usually take their lives because they want to hurt their loved ones. They do it because they feel so deeply that they've failed the people closest to them and that their absence will improve life for them. Obviously that's nearly always false, but that shows how irrational someone with deep depression thinks and how applying logic and reason to their thinking just doesn't work.
Thank you for the sage advice and thanks for not resorting to personal attacks or questioning my knowledge of what I am faced with when a patient commits suicide.There is a disconnect in our conversation because I am talking about how this all affects the family because that is what my care is focused on. When someone commits suicide I can't do anything for them. My education, training, and experience focuses on what happens with the family as a result of the suicide.

I'm just speaking from my experience.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/21/2017 7:57am
Sure seems like there are some connections. I would also question how long has he been wearing long sleeves, while everyone else is in short sleeves, per the season.

Post a reply to: Linkin Park lead singer, dies of apparant suicide

The Latest