Linkin Park lead singer, dies of apparant suicide

agn5009
7/21/2017 8:02am
Man, some people here are fucking ass holes.

RIP Chester. Also, anyone who reads the bull shit Yahoo article about Chesters wife cheating on him with Mike Shinoda please don't believe it. Some dick apparently hacked her account.
peelout
7/21/2017 8:41am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2017 9:03am
me and a buddy swapped a couple girls to the Meteora album years ago. great times. every time i hear "Breaking the Habit" i think of that glorious night.

sad deal, growing up and graduating high-school in 2001, Linkin Park was always in my music lists and preferences. suicide is no joke. RIP Chester, my best wishes to the family he left behind.
IWreckALot
7/21/2017 1:21pm
kzizok wrote:
Sure seems like there are some connections. I would also question how long has he been wearing long sleeves, while everyone else is in short sleeves...
Sure seems like there are some connections. I would also question how long has he been wearing long sleeves, while everyone else is in short sleeves, per the season.
I would say it's probably definitely related. Wasn't it Cornell's birthday he did this?
scooter5002
7/21/2017 2:39pm
Holy shit, six kids? I have no sympathy.
Until you walk down that dark path, you have absolutely no idea what it's like, to live under that cloud. Depression is an evil, insidious disease, that attacks without discrimination You can be the wealthiest person in the world, seem incredibly happy on the outside, and be completely lost. Life offers nothing, 6 kids be damned. In fact, I would suggest that having more in life, may make a person feel less worthy, unable to continue, an utter failure in life.

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/22/2017 8:19pm
Mr. G wrote:
In addition to street drugs and alcohol, Psych drugs always seem to be part of the picture with these suicides since the drug manufacturers tell us...
In addition to street drugs and alcohol, Psych drugs always seem to be part of the picture with these suicides since the drug manufacturers tell us that they can cause one to do so.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/07/20/linkin-parks-chester-bennington-a…
I haven't seen anything saying that either one of them were on psychotropics. They do come with wording in regards to possible suicide risk, but I wouldnt say they always seem to be part of the picture.
7/22/2017 9:42pm
All the psych drugs are a total scam and do more harm than good. I've been on them for close to 20 years and the only reason I'm still on them is because the withdrawal symptons are pretty severe when you try to get off them. Mental healthcare treatment in this country for the most part is total shit. When you first go to the doctor and talk to them the first thing they do while your talking is grab the their script pad to prescribe you someting instead of coming up with an actual treatment plan. They often get you in and out of their office as soon as possible as because they're always so busy. When you go to a therapist or councsler most of them seem like they're just going through the motions and offer you the same generic advice right out of the therapist handbook. My understanding is that most dread having to work with trauma victims because they're seen an problematic and draining. Its not an easy road for someone with mental health issues. Even when you try you best get yourself on the right track by getting professional help the help that's available is subpar at best
scooter5002
7/22/2017 9:56pm
My experience has been the opposite, have my med dosages and times taken figured out, and life has gotten markedly better. My only side effect has been sleeping a little more, but I can live with that. Literally.
APLMAN99
7/23/2017 5:19am
The largest increase in suicide risk for SSRI users is in the first two weeks of beginning them. After that the risk drops significantly.

The current thought is that the things that SSRIs do to help you get up in the morning and get stuff done also lets someone who is wanting to commit suicide finally have that energy to go ahead and complete the act.

It's not a surprise that those taking anti depressants may have a higher suicide rate than people who don't take them............
Mr. G
7/23/2017 8:20am
I posted a link.
Mr. G
7/23/2017 8:21am
Mr. G wrote:
In addition to street drugs and alcohol, Psych drugs always seem to be part of the picture with these suicides since the drug manufacturers tell us...
In addition to street drugs and alcohol, Psych drugs always seem to be part of the picture with these suicides since the drug manufacturers tell us that they can cause one to do so.
kzizok wrote:
I haven't seen anything saying that either one of them were on psychotropics. They do come with wording in regards to possible suicide risk, but I...
I haven't seen anything saying that either one of them were on psychotropics. They do come with wording in regards to possible suicide risk, but I wouldnt say they always seem to be part of the picture.
I posted a link up the page a bit
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/23/2017 9:15am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 9:25am
Mr. G wrote:
kzizok wrote:
I haven't seen anything saying that either one of them were on psychotropics. They do come with wording in regards to possible suicide risk, but I...
Mr. G wrote:
I posted a link up the page a bit
Yeah, I read it. I think maybe our definitions are different. I was thinking along the lines of chronic anti-psych/depressants as opposed to as needed anti-anxiety meds.
Mr. G
7/23/2017 9:51am
The definition I'm using is taking them or not taking them, reason notwithstanding.
APLMAN99
7/23/2017 4:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 4:48pm
Here's some decent information. One of the interesting points is that anti-depressants are sometimes prescribed to people for issues other than depression, like obesity, insomnia, and to stop smoking. In patients prescribed anti-depressants absent of a clinical diagnosis of depression, there is no increased risk for suicide, which obviously points to depression being the major cause rather than the drug.

The increased risk for suicide in patients during the initial few weeks of beginning medication makes some sense, but overall meds reduce the likelihood of suicide, not increase it.

For some folks, the addition of drugs and alcohol to their depression and med routines makes everything unpredictable as far as their actions to themselves and others.....

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp078015#t=article

"There may be controversy about the risk posed by antidepressants, but there is none about the risk associated with untreated depression: estimates of the lifetime risk of suicide in depressed persons range from 2.2 to 15%, depending on the population under study — not to mention the considerable suffering and functional impairment caused by this illness.5 In contrast, the FDA meta-analyses reveal an absolute risk of suicide in patients taking investigational antidepressants of 0.01%. Granted, this rate reflects risk during the short duration of a randomized trial, typically 4 to 12 weeks, but suicide is clearly an extremely rare treatment-emergent phenomenon.

How should physicians deal with the new black-box warning? The real killer in this story is untreated depression, and the possible risk from antidepressant treatment is dwarfed by that from the disease. Still, clinicians need to tell their depressed patients that some people who take antidepressants have an increase in suicidal symptoms, especially early in treatment, and they need to follow their patients very closely during the first 4 to 6 weeks of treatment."
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/23/2017 4:53pm
oldblood,

Are you OK? Seriously.
Mr. G
7/23/2017 7:54pm
The use of Psych drugs is very common. I don't know the percentage but it seems to be a lot of people. The drug manufacturers tell us that these drugs may in fact turn one into a murderer or suicidal. They can't say who because they are so unpredictable. Some people feel they have really helped them, not trying to discount that claim.

They (Psychs) take a mental condition and try to make it physical with their theories that to this day are still theories, no medical test. But again some people feel they have helped. Choose carefully.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
7/24/2017 10:56am
^^^Kong's back after a 6 month hiatus. Welcome.
kongols
7/24/2017 11:52am
AHRMA361 wrote:
^^^Kong's back after a 6 month hiatus. Welcome.
Shhhh, don't tell anyone.
kongols
7/31/2017 6:10am Edited Date/Time 7/31/2017 6:27am
kzizok wrote:
Sure seems like there are some connections. I would also question how long has he been wearing long sleeves, while everyone else is in short sleeves...
Sure seems like there are some connections. I would also question how long has he been wearing long sleeves, while everyone else is in short sleeves, per the season.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
8/3/2017 7:03pm
kzizok wrote:
kongols wrote:
Wow.
doofy
8/3/2017 9:10pm
All the psych drugs are a total scam and do more harm than good. I've been on them for close to 20 years and the only...
All the psych drugs are a total scam and do more harm than good. I've been on them for close to 20 years and the only reason I'm still on them is because the withdrawal symptons are pretty severe when you try to get off them. Mental healthcare treatment in this country for the most part is total shit. When you first go to the doctor and talk to them the first thing they do while your talking is grab the their script pad to prescribe you someting instead of coming up with an actual treatment plan. They often get you in and out of their office as soon as possible as because they're always so busy. When you go to a therapist or councsler most of them seem like they're just going through the motions and offer you the same generic advice right out of the therapist handbook. My understanding is that most dread having to work with trauma victims because they're seen an problematic and draining. Its not an easy road for someone with mental health issues. Even when you try you best get yourself on the right track by getting professional help the help that's available is subpar at best
Amen. Ive spoke on this in other threads here, but i was on ssri's from 17-22 and subsequently my body has totally stopped producing testosterone on its own. Hormones are/have been totaly out of wack since. Not to mention the emotional blunting that continues even after the drug is discontinued.

The most detrimental drug ive ever taken, bar none was handed to me by a doc and i was given zero warnings of what it could do.
Mr. G
8/6/2017 10:58pm
All the psych drugs are a total scam and do more harm than good. I've been on them for close to 20 years and the only...
doofy wrote:
Amen. Ive spoke on this in other threads here, but i was on ssri's from 17-22 and subsequently my body has totally stopped producing testosterone on...
Amen. Ive spoke on this in other threads here, but i was on ssri's from 17-22 and subsequently my body has totally stopped producing testosterone on its own. Hormones are/have been totaly out of wack since. Not to mention the emotional blunting that continues even after the drug is discontinued.

The most detrimental drug ive ever taken, bar none was handed to me by a doc and i was given zero warnings of what it could do.
The public is slowly waking to these bad effects. First do no harm they say. This should include fake science.

Post a reply to: Linkin Park lead singer, dies of apparant suicide

The Latest