Market testing the lows from Oct

1/27/2021 2:42am
WTF? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/27/475290/s1200_gme.jpg[/img]
WTF?

That seems super fishy. I'm going to buy a put option on that one for sure.
ns503
1/27/2021 3:42am
Ya, how does one get the inside scoop heads-up on this short squeezing action?

What's the next target?

Asking for a friend....
JWACK
1/27/2021 4:26am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2021 4:28am
ns503 wrote:

What's the next target?

Asking for a friend....
Reddit and AMC. So they say.

Edit for amc

The Shop

t_baum88
1/27/2021 4:36am
WTF? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/01/27/475290/s1200_gme.jpg[/img]
WTF?

That seems super fishy. I'm going to buy a put option on that one for sure.
Lol please don’t unless you hate money.
t_baum88
1/27/2021 4:40am
ns503 wrote:

What's the next target?

Asking for a friend....
Google highest shorted stocks

There, now you have the hit list

Personally I’m looking for a big run from Fubo now entering in first 15 min of open

And my 8$ AMC calls bought at close are going to be... tasty.. in two hours
1/27/2021 4:57am
t_baum88 wrote:
Why wouldn't it come back down to a normal range once they realize that it is way over valued at $300 per share? I thought with a call I would be basically betting on it eventually going back down.
t_baum88
1/27/2021 5:08am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2021 5:10am
t_baum88 wrote:
Why wouldn't it come back down to a normal range once they realize that it is way over valued at $300 per share? I thought with...
Why wouldn't it come back down to a normal range once they realize that it is way over valued at $300 per share? I thought with a call I would be basically betting on it eventually going back down.
There are so many factors going on at play.. There are reasons behind what’s happening. Google Volkswagen short squeeze if you want to learn the basic premise of why it isn’t necessarily at the top or even close. I’d say as of right now there’s as good of a chance it goes to 1000 as it does to to 50. And there’s an equal chance it goes to 50 and then 1000 again.

IV on options is so so high. I mean if you want to buy with a 6 month expiration and pay an astronomical cost in the 300%s of IV for it go ahead, but I promise it won’t make you much money.

Also the last part, is opposite of what you described.

Take the money you were going to spend on puts and buy shares at open and set a limit sell for 1000.00 please.
1/27/2021 5:25am
t_baum88 wrote:
There are so many factors going on at play.. There are reasons behind what’s happening. Google Volkswagen short squeeze if you want to learn the basic...
There are so many factors going on at play.. There are reasons behind what’s happening. Google Volkswagen short squeeze if you want to learn the basic premise of why it isn’t necessarily at the top or even close. I’d say as of right now there’s as good of a chance it goes to 1000 as it does to to 50. And there’s an equal chance it goes to 50 and then 1000 again.

IV on options is so so high. I mean if you want to buy with a 6 month expiration and pay an astronomical cost in the 300%s of IV for it go ahead, but I promise it won’t make you much money.

Take the money you were going to spend on puts and buy shares at open and set a limit sell for 1000.00 please.
I really appreciate that you took the time to explain that. Options are still kind of a mystery to me. I usually do a lot better just buying and selling chairs. You really think it could go that high? It just seems so strange. But it's a safer bet than options obviously
t_baum88
1/27/2021 5:34am
t_baum88 wrote:
There are so many factors going on at play.. There are reasons behind what’s happening. Google Volkswagen short squeeze if you want to learn the basic...

I really appreciate that you took the time to explain that. Options are still kind of a mystery to me. I usually do a lot better...
I really appreciate that you took the time to explain that. Options are still kind of a mystery to me. I usually do a lot better just buying and selling chairs. You really think it could go that high? It just seems so strange. But it's a safer bet than options obviously
Yes, like I said there are reasons that this move is happening, it’s not just the normal overvaluing a stock.

It is strange but it’s a phenomenon that’s happened before, and when it did it went a LOT higher than we are now.

Definitely don’t bet against it whatever you do! And just stay away from options in general when IV is that high.
mxtech1
1/27/2021 6:44am
I took a position in AMC yesterday morning and got in at $4.51. From what I can tell, the strategy is going to be similar to GME so I’m anxious to see what this is going to do over the next few weeks. In reality, I do not think this will have as big of gains as what GME had, but it I’m confident it’s setting up a big short squeeze and there is going to be big gains coming in the days ahead.

I follow Reddit wallstreetbets & Stocktwits for info on this stuff. So far they have been right with GME, AMC, BB, BBY. NOK might be another one to watch but I think for the time being most of the Retail money is being put into GME, AMC & BB.
SEE ARE125
1/27/2021 6:45am
TD Ameritrade is froze up. They’re overloaded. Heard Schwab was too.
crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
1/27/2021 8:02am
I just signed up to Robinhood and bought a share of AMC. Only a matter of time and I’ll be in a G5 on my way to Jackson Hole.
SEE ARE125
1/27/2021 8:39am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2021 8:40am
crowe660 wrote:
I just signed up to Robinhood and bought a share of AMC. Only a matter of time and I’ll be in a G5 on my way...
I just signed up to Robinhood and bought a share of AMC. Only a matter of time and I’ll be in a G5 on my way to Jackson Hole.
Can’t deny AMC’s gain today, but there are a lot of bots on Reddit pushing AMC, BB, NOK, etc and touting it as “the next GME.” It’s all an effort to divert funds from GME to other stocks to try and keep the price of GME down.
crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
1/27/2021 8:56am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2021 8:57am
crowe660 wrote:
I just signed up to Robinhood and bought a share of AMC. Only a matter of time and I’ll be in a G5 on my way...
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Can’t deny AMC’s gain today, but there are a lot of bots on Reddit pushing AMC, BB, NOK, etc and touting it as “the next GME.”...
Can’t deny AMC’s gain today, but there are a lot of bots on Reddit pushing AMC, BB, NOK, etc and touting it as “the next GME.” It’s all an effort to divert funds from GME to other stocks to try and keep the price of GME down.
Yea, it’s wild on twitter too lol.
Goofy Foot
1/27/2021 10:55am
ns503 wrote:

What's the next target?

Asking for a friend....
Reddit is claiming NOK (Nokia) is next. It's already had a nice bump today and is much cheaper to buy for the retail investors. Once news gets out about the NOK spike (and stock halt today) it could possibly skyrocket like the others...

Who knows, but this reddit thing is crazy.
XXVoid MainXX
1/27/2021 12:30pm
10 Best Moments From Chamath Palihapitiya's CNBC Interview: 'Pushback Against The Establishment'
Today 1:36 PM ET (Benzinga)Print

Chamath Palihapitiya joined Scott Wapner on CNBC’s “Halftime Report” to discuss his recent purchase of GameStop Corp (NYSE: GME) options.
The so-called "SPAC King" was part of a heated exchange with Wapner to discuss the recent run-up in the price of GameStop. Palihapitiya, who purchased calls in GameStop with a strike price of $115, told Wapner he sold the options.
Here are 10 memorable quotes and moments from the CNBC interview.

1. “There is no difference between the retail trader and the billion-dollar hedge fund manager,” Palihapitiya said. “We’re seeing sophistication in retail trading.”

2. The investor added that retail investors have more tools for research than they did before. “You’re really discounting how smart some of these people are,” Palihapitiya said, telling Wapner to spend some time on the WallStreetBets subreddit or on Discord.

3. One of the positives from the GameStop price increase and the rise of the retail trader has been people being able to pay off their mortgages and student loans, Palihapitiya said citing Reddit posts.

4. “This is a joke,” Palihapitiya said when asked if it was irresponsible to be investing in GameStop.

5. The lack of integrity in the system was a precursor to GameStop being over 140% short, Palihapitiya said.

6. Palihapitiya told Wapner retail investors have been hurt before when asked about the hedge funds losing billions of dollars from the GameStop trades. “Retail has been the bagholder before,” Palihapitiya said, referring to owning financial stocks during the financial crisis and time when banks were bailed out by the government.

See Also: 'The Little Guy Won': PreMarket Prep Breaks Down The Retail Squeeze, Shorts Running Scared

7. “What happened in GameStop wasn’t a disagreement about fundamental valuation,” he said, noting that this movement was portfolio management arbitrage.

8. “I think that what we’re seeing is a pushback against the establishment.”

9. “Every hedge fund was wrong on Tesla,” Palihapitiya told Wapner when discussing the inaccuracies from hedge funds. Palihapitiya is an investor in Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) and said he has his own valuation model for the company that hedge funds are missing.

10. “The retail phenomenon is here to stay.”

(Photo: Chamath Palihapitiya by JD Lasica/Flickr)

© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved
ns503
1/27/2021 1:03pm
This was my reddest day yet. Ouch. Down about 3.5%.
XXVoid MainXX
1/27/2021 1:22pm
Not every day will be a winner. Had a long streak of winning, bound to be streaks of losing occasionally.
ns503
1/27/2021 1:58pm
Not every day will be a winner. Had a long streak of winning, bound to be streaks of losing occasionally.
Yes indeed. Always hard on the stomach though. The hardest thing about all of this is discipline - getting it and keeping it.
Bob693
1/27/2021 3:19pm
I ended the day up thanks to the SRNE I picked up a couple weeks ago.
XXVoid MainXX
1/27/2021 3:22pm
I'm only down about 50k today. Good thing I'm retiring! Smile

Post a reply to: Market testing the lows from Oct

The Latest