NHL question from the uninformed

tobz
Hello!

I'm planning a trip to California for Anaheim 2 in January. For the experience I'd love to check out a NBA and NHL game, so if any of your NHL fans can point me in a better direction, the three options I have are:

Jan 18 – LA Kings Vs Pittsburgh @ Staples Centre
Jan 19 – Anaheim vs LA Kings @ Honda Centre
Jan 21 – LA Kings vs NY Rangers @ Staples Centre

I'd be leaning more towards Anaheim Vs LA Kings, since that would be a bit of a home derby yeah? But a couple of people have told me that if it were them they would rather see a game at staples centre, since Honda centre isn't that great.

Thought? Thanks in advance.
|
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
11/14/2017 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2017 2:30pm
Ya, the Kings are killing it right now so I'd say that game or the Pitt game. The Rangers blow right now and I assume the Kings will murder em, things could change by then though.
tobz
11/14/2017 4:27pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kings vs. Pittsburgh
Because Honda Centre is not very good? Or?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
11/14/2017 4:43pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kings vs. Pittsburgh
tobz wrote:
No idea about the stadiums. I live on the East coast of Canada. Better teams so in theory it should be a better game.

As for experience, if this will be your first NHL experience it won't matter which game or stadium you pick. You'll have a blast either way. There's nothing live watching a live sporting event. TV doesn't do any of them justice. The speed of the game, the crowd, the sounds, the intensity, the smells, etc. It's just so much better live.

Have fun.

The Shop

avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
11/14/2017 4:52pm
tobz wrote:
Honda center is alright, but there is nothing like walking into Staples Center and seeing that place for the first time. Plus it's downtown with a ton of food and drink options within walking distance.
tobz
11/15/2017 2:59am
And I'll assume the best place to sit is on the side? Up high enough that you can see over the glass? Or?
ns503
11/15/2017 4:03am
tobz wrote:
And I'll assume the best place to sit is on the side? Up high enough that you can see over the glass? Or?
Yes. You're closer behind the glass, but also isolated some from the sounds of the game which can be a big part.

I know nothing about the stadiums - on the teams alone I would do Kings/Pens.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
11/15/2017 5:42am
tobz wrote:
Watching a player get checked into the glass right in front of you is awesome, but I actually prefer anything in the Premier section around center ice.
SKlein
11/16/2017 9:35am
I'd vote for the LA / Pitt game, getting the chance to see Crosby play in person would be awesome.
Rooster
11/17/2017 11:29am
Sitting at center ice is nice, but if you want to really get a feel for how the plays develop going up and down the ice, choose a spot about 16 rows up in the corner.

You still get a feel for how fast they move up and down the ice, but you also get a better feel for how the plays develop across the ice..

I've sat front row before in the corner once. Saw Bryan Trottier get checked into the boards so hard, they came apart and his jersey got caught between the boards. The trainer had to come out and cut his jersey to free him. Couldn't see much of the game from where we were, but that was pretty f'n cool.
Donovan759
11/17/2017 8:38pm
Kings V Pens will be an excellent game. Also, watching Sydney Crosby play live is an experience. I get the opportunity to see him once or twice a year. He's incredible.
11/18/2017 9:38am
Ducks usually don't sell all the seats so the atmosphere might not be the best. But that might make them cheaper. Id rather see the Kings than the Sucks er, I mean Ducks. Plus who would you rather see, cheap ass Perry or Doughty and Quick?Laughing
11/18/2017 9:39am
However.......Kings and Ducks might be a really good game. They usually try to kill each other.
Porch32
11/20/2017 2:37pm
Coming from a ducks fan, I would say to go to the ducks/kings game at Honda Center. Honda Center is a really nice arena, honestly not a single bad seat in the house. Staples Center is pretty big and at a top row seat, you really do feel pretty far. Plus its not a huge bitch to get in and out of the lot and back on the freeway where as Staples Center you have to deal with LA traffic and rough structure parking. The ducks are trash right now, but by the time that game comes around all the star players will be back from injury and will probably be back to true form. Ducks and Kings is always an interesting game to go to. Lots of fan interaction and shit talk. That's my suggestion. Given I may be biased since i don't necessarily feel to fond of the Kings, but oh well.
11/21/2017 6:50am Edited Date/Time 11/21/2017 6:51am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kings vs. Pittsburgh
Yep. Go pens. Crosby might give ya a hat trick. So take a cheap and throw it out there even if it is an away game ha.

Wear a Steeler jersey too lol. Totally acceptable.
Donovan759
11/21/2017 1:18pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Kings vs. Pittsburgh
Yep. Go pens. Crosby might give ya a hat trick. So take a cheap and throw it out there even if it is an away game...
Yep. Go pens. Crosby might give ya a hat trick. So take a cheap and throw it out there even if it is an away game ha.

Wear a Steeler jersey too lol. Totally acceptable.
For being from OH, you're not that bad! haha. Move across the border. The city of champions welcomes you. Laughing

Post a reply to: NHL question from the uninformed

The Latest