Need phone replacement help. Smashed the shit out of mine.

jeffro503
I have an LG G4 that I dropped yesterday and it shattered my screen. Chunk of glass even fell out. It's still working but I need to replace it.

I guess I'll get this exact phone again...BUT....I don't know what I'm doing. I thought about getting the same phone if all I had to do is swap my sim card and possibly my battery? Is this all I need to do? I have sprint and am not locked into an account with them any more.

Do I get a locked or unlocked phone? How do I transfer all my contacts , pics ect? Could use some advice on this. Oh....and I want to stick with an Android OS because of other devices attached to it.

Any advice you guys can give me?
|
APLMAN99
11/28/2017 2:18pm
If you're just going to get the same thing, I'd just have the screen replaced instead. Anywhere from about $75-$125 usually, and don't have to transfer anything.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
11/28/2017 2:54pm Edited Date/Time 11/28/2017 2:56pm
Sprint will do it, but it will be more expensive. Check batteries plus in your area. They are usually less expensive and do a good job.

Here’s another possibility:
https://gadgetfix.repair
jeffro503
11/28/2017 3:11pm
kzizok wrote:
Sprint will do it, but it will be more expensive. Check batteries plus in your area. They are usually less expensive and do a good job...
Sprint will do it, but it will be more expensive. Check batteries plus in your area. They are usually less expensive and do a good job.

Here’s another possibility:
https://gadgetfix.repair
What the hell? Batteries plus changes screens out? Thanks man!

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
11/28/2017 3:20pm
Buy a screen off ebay and do it yourself, they'll give ya the tools with the screen and you can find a video on YouTube
jeffro503
11/28/2017 3:22pm
Well....batteries plus won't fix this phone , but they referred me over to a cell phone repair guy. Got everything set up to get it fixed next week. Thanks for your help guys.
jeffro503
11/28/2017 3:24pm
colintrax wrote:
Buy a screen off ebay and do it yourself, they'll give ya the tools with the screen and you can find a video on YouTube
Trust me....I would fuck it up haha. It's all good , since it's my business phone it's a write off and i would rather have a professional do it. He isn't that far from me either.
mxb2
11/28/2017 3:36pm
colintrax wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Trust me....I would fuck it up haha. It's all good , since it's my business phone it's a write off and i would rather have a...
Trust me....I would fuck it up haha. It's all good , since it's my business phone it's a write off and i would rather have a professional do it. He isn't that far from me either.
Phone service center, pay, be done with it.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
11/28/2017 4:17pm
Glad you got a solution.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
11/28/2017 4:30pm
I have an HTC. Was having problems starting in May. Sent it to HTC for repair. They said 5-7 days to repair. Don't have parts, just wait couple more days. 2 months later they finally send my phone back. I called so many times the supervisors quit taking my calls. So some guy calls and asks if they can send a headset and charger to make me happy. I send email back "no don't want them, not good enough for all your lies and f ups" I finally get phone back and Sprint can't activate it. I call HTC, refund my money! HTC, no can do. I call Chase, I want my money back, "visa fraud protection" Visa puts money back on temporary basis. Month goes by and Visa takes money back, says HTC told them I accepted goods (headset and charger) and all is resolved. I file appeal, send emails to visa that I didn'the want the charger and headset but not my responsibility to spend my money to send back after I told them not to send anyway. Also those were for bad service not for "not fixing phone which is what I paid for". Again visa sides with HTC. I file another appeal, again visa says I accepted goods so case closed. I file another appeal. finally after almost 7 months easily 30 hours spent on the phone, I got my money back. I effen hate phone problems!!!
TM
KMC440
11/28/2017 4:37pm
Set my old phone on the steps of my semi... was talking to my buddy when the bitch interrupted by saying "phone no longer connected" I hammered the brakes and looked in the mirror ... OH THE HORROH ! ! ! Shocked

3hrs later and craigslist to the rescue ! All good Laughing
Mini Elsinore
11/28/2017 4:54pm
Glad you got a solution, Jeffro.
Now------how did the phone get 'dropped.'
We need the real story..... Laughing
rubarb
11/28/2017 5:56pm
"welcome to Earth Jeffro"
jeffro503
11/28/2017 11:57pm
ToolMaker wrote:
I have an HTC. Was having problems starting in May. Sent it to HTC for repair. They said 5-7 days to repair. Don't have parts, just...
I have an HTC. Was having problems starting in May. Sent it to HTC for repair. They said 5-7 days to repair. Don't have parts, just wait couple more days. 2 months later they finally send my phone back. I called so many times the supervisors quit taking my calls. So some guy calls and asks if they can send a headset and charger to make me happy. I send email back "no don't want them, not good enough for all your lies and f ups" I finally get phone back and Sprint can't activate it. I call HTC, refund my money! HTC, no can do. I call Chase, I want my money back, "visa fraud protection" Visa puts money back on temporary basis. Month goes by and Visa takes money back, says HTC told them I accepted goods (headset and charger) and all is resolved. I file appeal, send emails to visa that I didn'the want the charger and headset but not my responsibility to spend my money to send back after I told them not to send anyway. Also those were for bad service not for "not fixing phone which is what I paid for". Again visa sides with HTC. I file another appeal, again visa says I accepted goods so case closed. I file another appeal. finally after almost 7 months easily 30 hours spent on the phone, I got my money back. I effen hate phone problems!!!
TM
Man what a nightmare. I had something happen with Sprint a little over two years ago and it still pisses me off.

My old Samsung s3 started having OS issues so I took it to a Sprint store down on MLK . the guy said " Hey no problem , your phone is old enough that we'll replace it for free.....and btw...your phone was going to stop working in the next week or so because it's running an old OS and can't be updated. AND.....you also get this free LG G4 phone and a free LG G pad F7.0....at no charge and a way to say thanks "

Next bill comes and it's now over $40.00 per month more. They started charging me payments for the LG pad and a phone line on it....that I never asked for....but was free? I also paid $270.00 for the new G4 phone....and I had full coverage insurance.

Come to find out....the sprint store wasn't an " authorized dealer "....it was a 3rd party affiliate. Called Sprint and complained....they said sorry but they weren't responsible . so I'm out over a grand over this past 2 years. Because I accepted their " free shit "....fucking commies! Never going through that bullshit again.
jeffro503
11/29/2017 12:01am
Glad you got a solution, Jeffro.
Now------how did the phone get 'dropped.'
We need the real story..... Laughing
Haha.....well it was no rage moment or anything. It just slid of my clip board in my driveway and didn't hit the ground hard. Heading to work and it just slipped. Have a nice cover and everything but it still broke.

Post a reply to: Need phone replacement help. Smashed the shit out of mine.

The Latest