2034th
Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 3:39pm
Come to think, of it no bicep pump, no muscle left, etc:

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/18/2017 10:17am
I think that one should of been posted in the WTF thread.

Did that thing come out of Area 51? Seriously, WTF happened to that guy's arm. That's gross looking.
Motoxdoc
10/18/2017 10:19am
This reminds me of all the listed side effects in drug advertisements. No thanks, I'll deal with the original problem.
Squidward
10/18/2017 10:52am
I didn't know Roczen suffered from that much atrophy...
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
10/18/2017 1:29pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think that one should of been posted in the WTF thread. Did that thing come out of Area 51? Seriously, WTF happened to that guy's...

Did that thing come out of Area 51? Seriously, WTF happened to that guy's arm. That's gross looking.
Rattle snake.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/18/2017 3:22pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I think that one should of been posted in the WTF thread. Did that thing come out of Area 51? Seriously, WTF happened to that guy's...

kzizok wrote:
Rattle snake.
A rattle snake bite caused that much damaged? I know they're poisonous but didn't know they could inflict that much damage.

Not much snakes where I'm from (pretty pumped on that. I hate those things) so I'll admit I dont know much about them but I thought that if someone got bit by a poisonous snake that it was best to squeeze/suck out the poison and spit it out immediately after the bite in order to avoid or lessen the chance of getting an infection or something like like. That along with getting an anti-venom shot as soon as possible.

Did that guy get bit and just let it get infected to the point that his whole arm got swollen to the point they had no other choice but to operate on him and take out tissue/muscles?

Have a link to the story?
BMSOBx2
10/18/2017 3:29pm
Venom destroys tissue.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
10/18/2017 4:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/18/2017 4:09pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

kzizok wrote:
Rattle snake.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
A rattle snake bite caused that much damaged? I know they're poisonous but didn't know they could inflict that much damage. Not much snakes where I'm...
A rattle snake bite caused that much damaged? I know they're poisonous but didn't know they could inflict that much damage.

Not much snakes where I'm from (pretty pumped on that. I hate those things) so I'll admit I dont know much about them but I thought that if someone got bit by a poisonous snake that it was best to squeeze/suck out the poison and spit it out immediately after the bite in order to avoid or lessen the chance of getting an infection or something like like. That along with getting an anti-venom shot as soon as possible.

Did that guy get bit and just let it get infected to the point that his whole arm got swollen to the point they had no other choice but to operate on him and take out tissue/muscles?

This was a guy at our local university in the bio department. The snake bit him, and he didnt know it right off. Look at his first finger. He got 2 units if anti-venin and then air lifted to our level one. Anti-venin is expensive and has a very short “shelf” life. We keep some here just because rattlers are common. Like BMSOB mentioned the venom does tissue damage and the swelling can get so out of control, a fasciotomy is done to relieve the pressure. This guy will get to keep his arm.
MR. X
10/18/2017 4:15pm
I hate them nasty suckers
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
10/18/2017 5:11pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
This reminds me of all the listed side effects in drug advertisements. No thanks, I'll deal with the original problem.
Wink
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/18/2017 5:43pm
kzizok wrote:
Rattle snake.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
A rattle snake bite caused that much damaged? I know they're poisonous but didn't know they could inflict that much damage. Not much snakes where I'm...

kzizok wrote:
This was a guy at our local university in the bio department. The snake bit him, and he didnt know it right off. Look at his...
This was a guy at our local university in the bio department. The snake bit him, and he didnt know it right off. Look at his first finger. He got 2 units if anti-venin and then air lifted to our level one. Anti-venin is expensive and has a very short “shelf” life. We keep some here just because rattlers are common. Like BMSOB mentioned the venom does tissue damage and the swelling can get so out of control, a fasciotomy is done to relieve the pressure. This guy will get to keep his arm.
Well by the sounds of things it's great that he'll be able to keep his arm but how can you not immediately know you've been bit by a snake? I've been stung by bee's before and that has to be a lot worse.

Never liked snakes and I don't know how people can have them as pet's. I think one of my cousin's has a Boa and one or two tarantula's. Let's the tarantula's roam free in his room. No thanks. Snakes and spider's are two of the thing's I hate the most.
plowboy
10/18/2017 6:15pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well by the sounds of things it's great that he'll be able to keep his arm but how can you not immediately know you've been bit...
Well by the sounds of things it's great that he'll be able to keep his arm but how can you not immediately know you've been bit by a snake? I've been stung by bee's before and that has to be a lot worse.

Never liked snakes and I don't know how people can have them as pet's. I think one of my cousin's has a Boa and one or two tarantula's. Let's the tarantula's roam free in his room. No thanks. Snakes and spider's are two of the thing's I hate the most.
There's only one kind of snake...the Rattle headed copper moccasin. I don't mind them staying where they stay but when they wanna be where I stay things get ugly for them.
Hut
10/19/2017 5:24pm
Will this person regain muscle mass and strength?
fogmoto
10/19/2017 5:33pm
I hate snakes. Pure evil.
Jrewing
10/19/2017 11:30pm
fogmoto wrote:
I hate snakes. Pure evil.
Don't come to Australia. Everywhere at the moment. Btw the everywhere ones are the second deadliest in the world. Plenty of 3rd around too
Fucking Eastern Browns are a nasty dumb critter.

I found a 50cm Dead baby rattle snake when I was taking a piss on the side of the road in California. Left him in the back of my rental Ute then later stuffed him in my large soda cup. Scared the Mexican dude at the return car rental place when I said "check this out mate a rattle snake" I had hold of him hanging down. Dude ran back swearing Haha. Left him in the magazine rack in the waiting room Hahaha.
Beautiful snake.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
10/20/2017 9:29am Edited Date/Time 10/20/2017 9:30am
Hut wrote:
Will this person regain muscle mass and strength?
Everyone is different and rehabs different, but yeah, he will. To what level? Its hard to tell.
Hut
10/20/2017 10:11am
kzizok wrote:
Everyone is different and rehabs different, but yeah, he will. To what level? Its hard to tell.
Looks like he has a long road ahead hope he does well.
10/20/2017 3:39pm
Person looks skinny. I bet it doesn’t take long to regain....still has decent muscle tone. They did a good job.

Post a reply to: No arm pump after this fasciotomy

The Latest