Ozark, Netflix and other Shows to watch

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
Edited Date/Time 12/1/2022 10:56pm
This show Ozark is crazy. My wife and I recently started binging on these Netflix series and there are a few really good ones. Ozark's second season was just released and reminds me of a modern Game of Thrones. It is pretty brutal.
We started with Stranger Things which was cool and then Arrested Development which is basically Archer live and very funny, and also watched GLOW.
GLOW was classic. I haven't watched wrestling in 20 years but it's about a slimy director who hires a bunch of actresses to start women's wrestling in the 80s that none of them know a thing about.
I searched this here because I remember threads about Netflix and found some but they wouldn't show when clicked.
What are some more great shows on Netflix or Amazon?
|
TXDirt
9/2/2018 10:53am
Ozark is great. Stranger Things like you mentioned. Check out Santa Clarita Diet. Funny as hell. Narcos is awesome.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/2/2018 11:23am
just started on season 2 of Ozark, very good, hopefully we wont have to wait as long for season 3,

i like the Ranch as well, bit lighter but still good,

Ebs
9/2/2018 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 4:54pm
Mindhunter - Probably one of my netflix favorites, but I'm a crime/investigative/drama junkie.

Making a Murderer - If you have Netflix and haven't seen this yet, you need to.

Evil Genius - A pretty twisted true crime documentary

The Shop

KDXGarage
9/2/2018 3:03pm
not Netflix original, but... Forensic Files Collection: half the time, I start one, and I am asleep before anyone even gets killed... HA!

Someone was telling me about Ozark yesterday. I may have to go ahead and check it out.

Stranger Things was great.
Nighttrain
9/2/2018 5:06pm
I haven’t started watching the 2nd season of Ozarks but I liked very much the first season. The Punisher is pretty good. I’m very close to cutting the chord if I can just figure out how to watch college football.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/2/2018 6:35pm
Watching Narcos now..so far it’s excellent.

Also liked The Shooter, Punisher and Dare Devil.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
9/2/2018 7:02pm
Longmire is by far my favorite so far. I couldn't stop watching it.
JRT812
9/2/2018 7:06pm
Masterminds and evil genius
TXDirt
9/2/2018 7:08pm
Nighttrain wrote:
I haven’t started watching the 2nd season of Ozarks but I liked very much the first season. The Punisher is pretty good. I’m very close to...
I haven’t started watching the 2nd season of Ozarks but I liked very much the first season. The Punisher is pretty good. I’m very close to cutting the chord if I can just figure out how to watch college football.
Get an Amazon Fire TV box and then download/buy PlayStation VUE subscription. Been watching CFB all weekend!!
Nighttrain
9/2/2018 9:07pm
TXDirt wrote:
Get an Amazon Fire TV box and then download/buy PlayStation VUE subscription. Been watching CFB all weekend!!
Thank you.
jamma10
9/3/2018 3:54am
Brad460 wrote:

I'm a 4/5 episodes into Shooter at the moment but each episode seems a bit 'samey' and I'm slowly losing interest... is it worth sticking with?

If you like music documentaries The Defiant Ones is brilliant.

Not sure if you get Unforgotten on Netflix in the US, but that's a good British crime drama series, as is Line of Duty.

If you have Amazon Prime then I recommend The Shadow Line.

And if you read books, anything by Don Winslow; The Cartel, Power of the Dog, The Force, The Winter of Frankie Machine... all are incredible!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/3/2018 6:41am
Brad460 wrote:

jamma10 wrote:
I'm a 4/5 episodes into Shooter at the moment but each episode seems a bit 'samey' and I'm slowly losing interest... is it worth sticking with...
I'm a 4/5 episodes into Shooter at the moment but each episode seems a bit 'samey' and I'm slowly losing interest... is it worth sticking with?

If you like music documentaries The Defiant Ones is brilliant.

Not sure if you get Unforgotten on Netflix in the US, but that's a good British crime drama series, as is Line of Duty.

If you have Amazon Prime then I recommend The Shadow Line.

And if you read books, anything by Don Winslow; The Cartel, Power of the Dog, The Force, The Winter of Frankie Machine... all are incredible!
If you're talking about "Shooter" with Ryan Phillippe it's not bad but it's not great. It's in its 3rd and final season. There's only 2 episodes left.

I prefered the series "SIX" that was on History. It was cancelled after season 2 aired this year.

I don't think it's on Netflix or Amazon but if you have the chance check out FX's original series "Snowfall". It's about the early days on the crack cocaine epidemic in Los Angeles in the early 80's. Currently in its 2nd season and will more than likely be picked up for a 3rd season.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/3/2018 7:05am
Thank you. Great reviews and ideas to check out especially for the next few rainy days.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/3/2018 7:21am
Longmire is by far my favorite so far. I couldn't stop watching it.
AMC's The Son with Pierce Brosnan.
Drama, Western
Season 2 starts this year.
Synopsis: A multi-generational epic telling of the story of America's birth as a superpower through the bloody rise and fall of one Texas oil empire.

Paramount's Yellowstone with Kevin Costner.
Drama, Western
Season 2 starts in 2019.
Synopsis: A ranching family in Montana faces off against others encroaching on their land.

Netflix's Godless with Jeff Daniels.
Drama, Western
Mini-series, 7 episodes.
Synopsis: In the 1800's American West murderous outlaw gang leader Frank Griffin (Jeff Daniels) hunts for ex-protege Roy Goode. Frank's chase leads him to La Belle, New Mexico - a town inhabited, after a mining disaster, almost entirely of women.
brlatm
9/3/2018 7:54am
TXDirt wrote:
We can't get our Vue to stop buffering the local stations or any stations. We can stream all Netlfix/Amazon Prime videos no problem. Went with the Fire TV box, it's the only thing streaming when we are home and it has bad buffering issues. So far not very happy at all with it at the Texas place. PA place is fine when I turned it on the one time.
jamma10
9/3/2018 8:18am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
If you're talking about "Shooter" with Ryan Phillippe it's not bad but it's not great. It's in its 3rd and final season. There's only 2 episodes...
If you're talking about "Shooter" with Ryan Phillippe it's not bad but it's not great. It's in its 3rd and final season. There's only 2 episodes left.

I prefered the series "SIX" that was on History. It was cancelled after season 2 aired this year.

I don't think it's on Netflix or Amazon but if you have the chance check out FX's original series "Snowfall". It's about the early days on the crack cocaine epidemic in Los Angeles in the early 80's. Currently in its 2nd season and will more than likely be picked up for a 3rd season.
Yeah it's the Ryan Philippe series I'm watching. I'll keep an eye out for SIX.

I've seen the first series of Snowfall, it was on terrestrial TV here in the UK about a year ago. Pretty good from what I recall - I remember an amusing Speedo wearing Russian drug lord Grinning
TXDirt
9/3/2018 8:43am
TXDirt wrote:
brlatm wrote:
We can't get our Vue to stop buffering the local stations or any stations. We can stream all Netlfix/Amazon Prime videos no problem. Went with the...
We can't get our Vue to stop buffering the local stations or any stations. We can stream all Netlfix/Amazon Prime videos no problem. Went with the Fire TV box, it's the only thing streaming when we are home and it has bad buffering issues. So far not very happy at all with it at the Texas place. PA place is fine when I turned it on the one time.
Are you using it on wifi or hard wired? What are your internet speeds? How strong is the wireless signal etc. There are several potential issues none of which have any thing to do with the VUE app.

We are hard wired here and have good internet service so never have any streaming issues.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
9/3/2018 9:10am
Netflix is amazing. Ozark, shameless, the office and of course breaking bad.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
9/3/2018 9:12am
TXDirt wrote:
brlatm wrote:
We can't get our Vue to stop buffering the local stations or any stations. We can stream all Netlfix/Amazon Prime videos no problem. Went with the...
TXDirt wrote:
Are you using it on wifi or hard wired? What are your internet speeds? How strong is the wireless signal etc. There are several potential issues...
Are you using it on wifi or hard wired? What are your internet speeds? How strong is the wireless signal etc. There are several potential issues none of which have any thing to do with the VUE app.

We are hard wired here and have good internet service so never have any streaming issues.
Having satellite internet out here, Netflix is the only option for buffer free watching.
jeffro503
9/3/2018 10:12am
TXDirt wrote:
brlatm wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Are you using it on wifi or hard wired? What are your internet speeds? How strong is the wireless signal etc. There are several potential issues...

I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a FireBox , with the VUE and Netflix. The VUE is the only one I seem to have buffering issue's with. It doesn't happen all the time , just periodically. It'll freeze the frame every now and then , that it actually shut's itself ( the app ) off. Can watch Prime , Netflix , youtube , ect with no issues.....only VUE gives me issues every now and then. I have it directly connected to my comcast modem , 150mb line.

TX.....what's your thought's on possibly ditching the Firebox and getting a PS4 to take it's place? I believe we can load Amazon prime onto the PS4. More capabilities with a PS4 over the box? Not sure if aybe the box itself causes some of the issue's I have.
ocscottie
9/3/2018 11:55am
(You can also find this on YouTube) but "The Fear of 13" is an incredible story, its one guy who basically tells his life story how he went from death row to years later free'd by DNA. It is truly amazing and will have you glued to every word he says. Please watch this, it is that good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5083702/

Here it is on Youtube:

https://youtu.be/cbzF9XChTOw

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/3/2018 4:25pm
I use my ps4 in my garage with all the media and ps3 upstairs in a room. They work great and have Amazon and Netflix plus others.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/3/2018 9:01pm
I missed season one of Ozarks, but my girlfriend has me started on it.

Animal Kingdom is good.
brlatm
9/4/2018 4:45am
TXDirt wrote:

Using off Wifi, 50mbps speed and the router is around 6' through a wall away. I may try and run a hard line to it to see if it will help. We are not on DSL but using NextLink out of Weatherford for ISP. They use a signal broadcast to a receiver on the roof.
TXDirt
9/4/2018 6:43am
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a FireBox , with the VUE and Netflix. The VUE is the only one I seem to...
I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a FireBox , with the VUE and Netflix. The VUE is the only one I seem to have buffering issue's with. It doesn't happen all the time , just periodically. It'll freeze the frame every now and then , that it actually shut's itself ( the app ) off. Can watch Prime , Netflix , youtube , ect with no issues.....only VUE gives me issues every now and then. I have it directly connected to my comcast modem , 150mb line.

TX.....what's your thought's on possibly ditching the Firebox and getting a PS4 to take it's place? I believe we can load Amazon prime onto the PS4. More capabilities with a PS4 over the box? Not sure if aybe the box itself causes some of the issue's I have.
I don't think using a playstation will change it much but maybe it will. Really depends on if you think the issue is with the FireTV box or with your internet service.

My understanding is that streaming live TV requires higher quality internet then Netflix needs. It's not necessarily a "speed" issue but a quality of service issue. I have a 100mbps service but it's also very high quality (low latency). So I don't have any buffering issues on VUE.

I've taken pretty good care of setting up my home network. All of my devices are hard wired, and any switches I use are all 1000mbps switches.

Strangely, I have very good internet service, and a neighbor right next to me uses same provider but has very poor service. It can really be hard to pinpoint what the issue is at times.

Fingers crossed my keeps going strong. I have boys playing xbox, girls watching bubble guppies on Amazon, and the wife and I watching live TV through VUE. No glitches at all.
TXDirt
9/4/2018 6:45am
TXDirt wrote:

brlatm wrote:
Using off Wifi, 50mbps speed and the router is around 6' through a wall away. I may try and run a hard line to it to...
Using off Wifi, 50mbps speed and the router is around 6' through a wall away. I may try and run a hard line to it to see if it will help. We are not on DSL but using NextLink out of Weatherford for ISP. They use a signal broadcast to a receiver on the roof.
It's likely because the broadcast to receiver signal is high latency. Even though speed is fine the quality isn't good enough to support live tv streaming.
huck
9/4/2018 6:51am
Just finished with Dexter last night... I think we're going to Ozark next. Dexter took us months to finish (8 seasons with 12 shows per).

I am feeling like I have lost a loved one currently....

Post a reply to: Ozark, Netflix and other Shows to watch

The Latest