11/4/2017 2:11pm
GuyB wrote:
ET?
By my calculations, 10.19. Smile

The Shop

Old-Man
11/4/2017 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2017 4:34pm
On the 1290 Super Duke KTM ?
Dig it! did something happen to the Cobra?
Looks like you got off great Start, what was your ET?
Old-Man
11/4/2017 4:36pm
Hahaaa, Rewatched your other Drag racing vids,
Think you found a new love (Cough) Hobby Buddy.
XXVoid MainXX
11/4/2017 6:46pm
I took both the ZX10 and the Super Duke to the track last night and for some brilliant reason I decided to just leave the race slicks on the ZX10 after the last road race weekend. I couldn't get any traction off the line and it would just spin up the rear wheel when I tried to launch it so I parked it and got on the Super Duke which is what I was on in the video. It wasn't a great run. 10.9 at around 130. The Shelby (pretty sure it's just the replica) did a 13.3@115. My best on the Super Duke was a few weeks ago when I only had 200 miles on it with a 10.7@133. Last night on my ZX10 I could only muster about an 11.1 at about 145 without being able to get a good start. I was hoping for low 10s. Next time I'll have street tires on it, if I still have it. Can't get it sold.
SEEMEFIRST
11/4/2017 7:14pm
Manual shift?
Well done, lad. 13 is solid.
XXVoid MainXX
11/4/2017 7:20pm
I had the 10.9, the Shelby had the 13.3. Right before that someone oiled down the track so we had about an hour before getting our run. They interviewed the Shelby guy:

https://youtu.be/0R1d-s6XeQo
SEEMEFIRST
11/4/2017 7:28pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2017 7:29pm
Well shit! Must have mis read.
Get an air shifter. You'll rule.
XXVoid MainXX
11/4/2017 7:46pm
It's got a factory quick shifter on it, both up and auto blip down shift. I don't use the down shift and still use the clutch. But, the way the quick shifter is set up from the factory it's VERY conservative. I could probably shift faster manually.
Ted722
11/4/2017 7:51pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2017 7:52pm
Some nice toys patently waiting in that interview video!
ohiomotoxer
11/5/2017 4:40pm
OP here are my tips for you.

A) BOTH of you failed to do a burn out..

Why do a burnout?
To clean off the crud from the parking lot and expose clean rubber that will adhere to the VHT.
To heat up the tire and get it stick so it will work with the VHT
Doing a burnout will heat up your clutch plates and stick better.
You also have the opportunity to do a "dry hop" before you get to the line. A dry hop is just like a launch after you complete the burn out.

Cool NEVER worry about the person in the other lane, you spent more time looking over at him than getting yourself prepared for your launch.

Focus focus focus......
Prepare for the launch get your feet well back lay down on the tank or get as low and forward as you can,
Pick up the revvs to about 5k and hold it there and as the last yellow lights feather the clutch as you roll throttle to WOT, you just did a normal street traffic light launch from idle nowhere near where that machine builds its best torque , just be sure to watch out for a wheelie.

The 60 foot should be your focus in getting it consistent as possible, the rest of the race is all games especially in bracket racing.
Aside from cutting a good bulb, the 60 foot is king in racing.
In the time trial part of the evening practice that launch and improve your 60 foot.

Good luck

Watch how ricky does it

APLMAN99
11/5/2017 4:54pm
Older type cars like the Cobra (replica or real) are a blast to drive, but mostly aren't anything close to the stock stuff of today. I get to play with a 67 BB Corvette roadster and a Superbird with a "modern" Hemi and 5 speed in it, and they are fun and make tons of noise, but I think that a new base Stingray would probably walk either of them in the quarter mile.

I remember when my best friend got his 93 ZR1 in about 96 or so. Great car, fastest, best handling and stopping car I'd ever driven. It doesn't even compare to the newest base model stuff of today either.
XXVoid MainXX
11/5/2017 5:10pm
OP here are my tips for you. A) BOTH of you failed to do a burn out.. Why do a burnout? To clean off the crud...

Why do a burnout?
To clean off the crud from the parking lot and expose clean rubber that will adhere to the VHT.
You also have the opportunity to do a "dry hop" before you get to the line. A dry hop is just like a launch after you complete the burn out.

Cool NEVER worry about the person in the other lane, you spent more time looking over at him than getting yourself prepared for your launch.

Focus focus focus......
Prepare for the launch get your feet well back lay down on the tank or get as low and forward as you can,
Pick up the revvs to about 5k and hold it there and as the last yellow lights feather the clutch as you roll throttle to WOT, you just did a normal street traffic light launch from idle nowhere near where that machine builds its best torque , just be sure to watch out for a wheelie.

The 60 foot should be your focus in getting it consistent as possible, the rest of the race is all games especially in bracket racing.
In the time trial part of the evening practice that launch and improve your 60 foot.

Good luck

Watch how ricky does it

I'm just there for fun. I wanted to get the Shelby on video as much as I could which is why I was looking over. Also, I could have sat there for 2 seconds after the light changed and still beat him handily. Smile
JRT812
11/5/2017 6:03pm
OP here are my tips for you. A) BOTH of you failed to do a burn out.. Why do a burnout? To clean off the crud...

Why do a burnout?

Focus focus focus......

Good luck

Watch how ricky does it

Something tells me dude knows how to ride a bike based off his previous videos.
ocscottie
11/6/2017 8:01am
Man thats gotta be a killer rush.

Post a reply to: Picked off a Shelby last night...

The Latest