Pittsburgh Police Shooting

Donovan759
Edited Date/Time 11/22/2017 3:43pm
I have always thought these police shootings were a terrible thing. But last night the officer that was shot was shot just 2 miles away from my home in New Kensington PA.

My wife and I stayed up late into the night following the story and listening to the search helicopters over our house and the police cars racing up and down the street. We started to immediately see friends of ours on Facebook who were close friends or family with the officer. It’s just amazing to see how much one stupid action at a simple traffic stop is impacting our entire community.

This morning we were at a gas station mart getting breakfast & talked to an off duty officer from a different location. We asked how everyone in his unit is fairing and he just seemed so heartbroken.

It’s a real shame what people think is acceptable to do anymore. A life was lost for no reason last night. A life that protected our community and cared for it.

When this stuff happens in your back door, it changes you. You get it more than ever. And my prayers go out to all the police officers across our great nation today. They have a tough job. And I’m so thankful that they get up and choose to put that uniform on every day.

Rest In Peace Brian Shaw.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/18/police-officer-slain-near-pittsbur…
|
mxb2
11/18/2017 1:16pm
Yea, a reward is out. Crickets. As soon as a criminal is shot by police, all cell phones, you tube is posted. Convenient.
Uncle Tony
11/18/2017 1:24pm
Very tragic, prayers to the family and fellow officer's
kongols
11/18/2017 2:12pm
Hope they get that fucker.

Strength to officers family.
APLMAN99
11/18/2017 2:36pm
I don't think anyone really thinks this is acceptable to do.

Other than a very small number of fringe personalities, anyway.

Anyone shooting another person who isn't representing an imminent threat of serious harm is pretty roundly condemned by most people.

The Shop

mxb2
11/18/2017 2:40pm
Uncle Tony wrote:
Very tragic, prayers to the family and fellow officer's
X2, RIP hero.and burn in hell to the pos coward. Karma.
agn5009
11/18/2017 2:59pm
I've taken a lot of training courses with Pittsburgh City officers and officers from surrounding areas. They are some of the best PA has to offer. This is a real shame. An officer was shot not too long ago in Williamsport, PA also but thankfully he's recovering nicely.

Thoughts and prayers to the officers family and friends.
TXDirt
11/18/2017 3:09pm
An attack on a police officer is an attack on all of us. They are tasked with patrolling and protecting the communities with which we live.

RIP.

Back the blue.
peelout
11/20/2017 10:39am
horrible, my sincere thoughts and prayers out to his family and fellow officers.

this shit breaks my heart. my (practically) step-son's dad is an officer in Salt Lake. hearing this shit happen makes me instantly think of him, great guy and great dad. i couldn't imagine hearing of something like this happening to him.

hope they get this scum bag.
kawiX522
11/20/2017 11:08am
such a shame. RIP. This world has gone to shit. Im only 18 and eventually Id love to have and raise kids but I feel like its not even remotely safe to do that anymore, and by the looks of things now its only getting worse.
Hut
11/21/2017 6:41am

JRT812
11/21/2017 6:42am
Donovan759 wrote:
Finally an official update. The suspected killer has been caught. Still.. complete justice will never be served here. You can't take enough away from this guy...
Finally an official update. The suspected killer has been caught. Still.. complete justice will never be served here. You can't take enough away from this guy to make right what he did.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/21/pennsylvania-police-officers-suspe…
No... unfortunately, complete justice may not happen, but police killers provide a strong case to be escalated down the green mile quicker than others
JRT812
11/21/2017 6:43am
Hut wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/21/226609/s1200_Screen_Shot_2017_11_21_at_6.39.36_AM.jpg[/img]

Only took 55,000 as motivation to turn in the POS
Donovan759
11/22/2017 11:30am
My wife lined the streets today with thousands of other people in our neighborhood to witness the memorial service. She watched as they went to the church to have the funeral and she came back out to watch them take Brian's body to be buried.

I don't know how many of you have witnessed anything like this, but she said it was unbelievable. Emergency vehicles & police cars drove past for 32 minutes in that line of cars. Almost all of the eastern states were represented with at least one State trooper car. She also saw a few other state troopers from some western states including CO.

It gives me a new respect for the police officers in this country. They really are a family united with the goal to protect and serve us. I wish more of our country understood that and made their job easier.

Rest in peace Brian Shaw.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/westmoreland/2017/11/22/Hundreds-expe…
mxb2
11/22/2017 1:58pm
Donovan759 wrote:
My wife lined the streets today with thousands of other people in our neighborhood to witness the memorial service. She watched as they went to the...
My wife lined the streets today with thousands of other people in our neighborhood to witness the memorial service. She watched as they went to the church to have the funeral and she came back out to watch them take Brian's body to be buried.

I don't know how many of you have witnessed anything like this, but she said it was unbelievable. Emergency vehicles & police cars drove past for 32 minutes in that line of cars. Almost all of the eastern states were represented with at least one State trooper car. She also saw a few other state troopers from some western states including CO.

It gives me a new respect for the police officers in this country. They really are a family united with the goal to protect and serve us. I wish more of our country understood that and made their job easier.

Been to way to many, very sad. Rip to the officer God bless his soul and family. It's a shame they didn't find the suspect at the bottom of a river. Now will waste $$ for the court and prison expenses.
TXDirt
11/22/2017 3:42pm
Donovan759 wrote:
My wife lined the streets today with thousands of other people in our neighborhood to witness the memorial service. She watched as they went to the...

mxb2 wrote:
Been to way to many, very sad. Rip to the officer God bless his soul and family. It's a shame they didn't find the suspect at...
Been to way to many, very sad. Rip to the officer God bless his soul and family. It's a shame they didn't find the suspect at the bottom of a river. Now will waste $$ for the court and prison expenses.
I have taken my family to several including military processions. I think it’s good for my kids to come together with others in the community to honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Post a reply to: Pittsburgh Police Shooting

The Latest