Please allow me to introduce myself

scooter5002
Edited Date/Time 7/23/2017 4:31pm
I'm a bird, of stealth, and waste....
Names Canuck, at your service, Vancouver, British Columbia.

In a 7/11 this morning, getting a coffee, see this little fella sitting outside. Walk out, want to get a picture, he doesn't move. Preens himself a bit, then pecks at the wrapper on the bottles. Move a little closer, within 3 feet, he doesn't move. Get the phone out, and a guy walks up behind me, says "I see you've met Canuck.". Turns out he's local, always within a block or two, completely tame. Been IN to McDonalds down the street, everyone knows him. Big hit with everybody. As the two of us are talking, (the guy and I, not the bird) a mini van pulls up, and the bird flies to the passenger side mirror. Driver tosses out a doughnut, passenger looks at her and says "You know he won't eat that, you have to break it UP for him.". Sure enough, she gets out, I hand the treat to her, and she breaks it apart, to feed Canuck. Hilarious. Had a tag on his left leg, but it's a wild raven, not someone's pet. Good start to my day.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/21/2017 5:37pm
Did they tell you how long he's been doing that? I guess they're smarter than they look.
MR. X
7/21/2017 6:01pm
Super smart birds
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/21/2017 6:44pm
Simply being north proves he's smart. He knows not to come here, to hades, or he would catch on fire. Good for that little motherscratcher,
scooter5002
7/21/2017 9:35pm
Ravens are known to be very intelligent, as are crows. No idea how long he's been an entertainer, but by his size, I would say he's not that old. A full grown male is easily twice that size, and more. Their resourcefulness is legendary, the shit they can do is nuts, especially when food is involved.

Buddy of mine was up in the Nortwest Territories, took the cooler out of his bunk, while he slept, and put it on the roof of his bunk, so the bears wouldn't raid it. Woke up a few hours later, thumping and banging on the roof, Caaaw! Caaaaaaaw! Caaaaw! Gets out of the truck, fuckin ravens had pried the latch open on the cooler, and had cleaned a lot of it out. The one thing they couldn't get away with, was the giant kielbasa coil he had in it. They kept trying to pick it up and fly away with it, but it was too heavy, kept falling back on the bunk roof. Bunch of them up there scrapping over it. Pretty much all he salvaged out of everything.

Got thinking about this bird, wondering if he was a fledgling rescue, and that's how he got so used to people. Like I said, he was tagged, interesting story, I'm sure.

The Shop

MR. X
7/21/2017 11:42pm
Ravens are known to be very intelligent, as are crows. No idea how long he's been an entertainer, but by his size, I would say he's...
Ravens are known to be very intelligent, as are crows. No idea how long he's been an entertainer, but by his size, I would say he's not that old. A full grown male is easily twice that size, and more. Their resourcefulness is legendary, the shit they can do is nuts, especially when food is involved.

Buddy of mine was up in the Nortwest Territories, took the cooler out of his bunk, while he slept, and put it on the roof of his bunk, so the bears wouldn't raid it. Woke up a few hours later, thumping and banging on the roof, Caaaw! Caaaaaaaw! Caaaaw! Gets out of the truck, fuckin ravens had pried the latch open on the cooler, and had cleaned a lot of it out. The one thing they couldn't get away with, was the giant kielbasa coil he had in it. They kept trying to pick it up and fly away with it, but it was too heavy, kept falling back on the bunk roof. Bunch of them up there scrapping over it. Pretty much all he salvaged out of everything.

Got thinking about this bird, wondering if he was a fledgling rescue, and that's how he got so used to people. Like I said, he was tagged, interesting story, I'm sure.
Some useless info on crows , there is numerous stories of hunters losing a blood trail during tracking a wounded animal, people have gone to where they hear the crows squawking and sure as shit ,the animal they were tracking is found near
by.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/22/2017 12:22am
MR. X wrote:
Some useless info on crows , there is numerous stories of hunters losing a blood trail during tracking a wounded animal, people have gone to where...
Some useless info on crows , there is numerous stories of hunters losing a blood trail during tracking a wounded animal, people have gone to where they hear the crows squawking and sure as shit ,the animal they were tracking is found near
by.
Other animals locate downed animals too:

avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/22/2017 2:21am
kzizok wrote:
Other animals locate downed animals too: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/22/205825/s1200_IMG_3585.jpg[/img]

Those motherfuckers are no joke. Saw a mountain lion on my run in the hills tonight. Scared the living shit out of me.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
7/22/2017 6:15am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 6:16am
Many years ago we had one that fed in the front yard every day. We have a very long driveway that was lined with an ice plant that the bunnies loved. At any given time you came home you would see at least a dozen bunnies scamper off. If you got up early in the morning you could watch her leap onto a bunny and away she would go with breakfast.
One day my wife saw her walking around with a litter of cubs, She was about knee high at the shoulders.
Presently we have 2 huge hawks that are in the back yard every morning at the start of their day.
At night time there are 2 owls that hang around. this is a shitty phone pic at 5:30 with very little light. The one on top of the pole does not have his wings spread, he's just that big.
TM

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/22/2017 6:50am
kzizok wrote:
Other animals locate downed animals too: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/22/205825/s1200_IMG_3585.jpg[/img]

What's the story behind that pic? Any idea? Person taking the picture probably dropped the camera and shit his pants once he realised what he saw.

Guy holding the antlers smiling clearly has no idea what's behind him lol.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/22/2017 7:58am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 8:01am
kzizok wrote:

avidchimp wrote:
Those motherfuckers are no joke. Saw a mountain lion on my run in the hills tonight. Scared the living shit out of me.
Yep, and they are getting more prevelant, but seeing one on a run is scary.

Gators here too. We've always had some native in the SE corner of OK but they are moving north. Army Corp put out a warning at Lake Texoma, 12-15 footers and they are residents, not transient.
MR. X
7/22/2017 8:04am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
What's the story behind that pic? Any idea? Person taking the picture probably dropped the camera and shit his pants once he realised what he saw...
What's the story behind that pic? Any idea? Person taking the picture probably dropped the camera and shit his pants once he realised what he saw.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was faked , its a big thing for guys to insert cats or other dangerous game into a photo.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/22/2017 8:38am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
What's the story behind that pic? Any idea? Person taking the picture probably dropped the camera and shit his pants once he realised what he saw...

MR. X wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was faked , its a big thing for guys to insert cats or other dangerous game into a photo.
Yeah, could be. I just saw it somewhere and thought it was funny. I have no idea about the story behind it.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
7/22/2017 8:58am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 8:58am
I know for sure this one is real. Taken at one of our local lakes:

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
7/22/2017 10:29am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

MR. X wrote:
Could very well be fake but it's hard to tell. If it's real then I'm glad it's not me smiling like an idiot.
scooter5002
7/22/2017 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 3:08pm
Thought of that myself, late last night.

Was driving me nuts last night, had to get the scoop on this. Google "Canuck the Crow". Plenty of stories on this little fella. People said he was the infamous knife carrying bird, but I didn't find the proof until last night. It's him.
Apparently, my career as an Ornothologist will have to wait, not a raven. Guess the beak is a little small.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
7/25/2017 9:46pm
please allow me to introduce myself
My name is Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty
Yo ladies, oh how I like to hump thee
And all the rappers in the top ten--please allow me to bump thee
I'm steppin' tall, y'all
And just like Humpty Dumpty
You're gonna fall when the stereos pump me
I like to rhyme
I like my beats funky
I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy
I'm sick wit dis, straight gangsta mack
But sometimes I get ridiculous
I'll eat up all your crackers and your licorice
Hey yo fat girl, come here--are ya ticklish?
Yeah, I called ya fat
Look at me, I'm skinny
It never stopped me from gettin' busy
I'm a freak
I like the girls with the boom
I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
I'm crazy
Allow me to amaze thee
They say I'm ugly but it just don't faze me
I'm still gettin' in the girls' pants
And I even got my own dance

The Humpty Dance is your chance to do the hump