SWAT Raid

Rooster
5/6/2010 11:57am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2012 1:43am
You guys can be pretty fucked up sometimes.

Here's a SWAT team raiding a house. Emptied 7 shots into the two dogs (pitbull and corgi!?!) in front of the kids.

All this over $20 worth of pot. So they arrest the couple for child endangerment.

Really? They go into a house guns blazing with kids around over $20 in weed and the parents are the ones endangering their kids?

If you love dogs it's tough to watch.

|
72kiteboarder
5/6/2010 12:27pm
I guess you shouldn't have drugs in the house. Obey the law bitches!
txmxer
5/6/2010 12:52pm
I'd like to know the rest of the story.

Pretty sure that wasn't over $20 worth of pot. Also, they banged on the door. If someone was banging on my door screaming about a warrant, I'd be go to the door. My guess is he was flushing the narcs down the toilet.

Cygnus
5/6/2010 12:56pm
I hate cops!
Mutt
5/6/2010 1:37pm
Welcome to the militarized police state that has become the United States. "We have seen the enemy and it are us".

The Shop

72kiteboarder
5/6/2010 1:56pm
You when you are too smart? When people never get your sarcasm.
Frogman
5/6/2010 2:20pm
"You when you are too smart? When people never get your sarcasm."

know?
72kiteboarder
5/6/2010 3:18pm
Frogman wrote:
"You when you are too smart? When people never get your sarcasm."

know?
Oops, Not tooooo smart I guess.
Biscuit
5/6/2010 3:26pm
Cygnus wrote:
I hate cops!
Cyg, I may be missing something here, but you seem to mean this. You wont hear any argument from this end on the subject. Just thought it odd someone felt just like I did.
SteveS
5/6/2010 5:01pm
txmxer wrote:
I'd like to know the rest of the story. Pretty sure that wasn't over $20 worth of pot. Also, they banged on the door. If someone...

Pretty sure that wasn't over $20 worth of pot. Also, they banged on the door. If someone was banging on my door screaming about a warrant, I'd be go to the door. My guess is he was flushing the narcs down the toilet.

The warrant was looking for a major pot distribution center. The warrant was based on a tip that said the pot would be there along with the man they arrested. The police did not anticipate there being an ordinary family there. There was no major pot delivery there.

The police are having to backpedal and dance around a lot because the newspapers there are trying them in the court of public opinion (and it is a liberal college town).
5/6/2010 5:19pm
The newspapers trying them in the court of public opinion, they should be..
Breaks my heart to hear that dog yipping, then more shots and dog was quiet( i assume dead),, the police need to make dam sure where there raiding, this happened to some friends of mine in Clarksville, Tn , one night there house was raided, they were suppossed to raid the house next door, my friend is in a wheel chair they threw him out of it, knocked his wife to the ground so hard it broke her cheek bone, all he wanted was an apology from the police they refused, so he sued, and won 2 million $ , from the city, and some one kept harrassing him after, and he suspected one of the officers, so they had to move outta the state.
now im not against police doing there job, but they need to make dam sure BEFORE they raid, and im sure dude is gonna have a hell of a law suit agaisnt the police, and with that video, they cant lose.
jmar
5/6/2010 5:48pm
txmxer wrote:
I'd like to know the rest of the story. Pretty sure that wasn't over $20 worth of pot. Also, they banged on the door. If someone...

SteveS wrote:
The warrant was looking for a major pot distribution center. The warrant was based on a tip that said the pot would be there along with...
The warrant was looking for a major pot distribution center. The warrant was based on a tip that said the pot would be there along with the man they arrested. The police did not anticipate there being an ordinary family there. There was no major pot delivery there.

The police are having to backpedal and dance around a lot because the newspapers there are trying them in the court of public opinion (and it is a liberal college town).
and it is a liberal college town

That's weak.

Why in the hell would anyone shoot a Corgi.

5/6/2010 6:53pm
txmxer wrote:

They gave them exactly nine seconds before they knocked in the door and started firing.

It's bullshit like this that makes people hate cops, and with good reason.
SteveS
5/6/2010 10:13pm
txmxer wrote:

SteveS wrote:
The warrant was looking for a major pot distribution center. The warrant was based on a tip that said the pot would be there along with...

jmar wrote:
[i]and it is a liberal college town[/i] That's weak. Why in the hell would anyone shoot a Corgi. [img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h301/pearl777/Doggies/untitled22.jpg[/img]
and it is a liberal college town

That's weak.

Why in the hell would anyone shoot a Corgi.

They didn't actually shoot the corgi directly. They were shooting the pit bull. The corgi was hit by shrapnel or something because of its proximity.

Not sure what's weak about pointing out it's a liberal college town. It sets the tone for what the people are writing in to the newspaper (and what the newspaper's bias is for that matter) concerning marijuana and police in general. Thus the police are getting a royal roasting in public opinion.
Void Main
5/6/2010 10:37pm
It's certainly a bummer for the kids but when you know that what you are doing is illegal and could result in a raid like this why would you put yourself (and more importantly your family) in that situation? Is it really worth it? If you don't like the laws then get them changed.
Rooster
5/7/2010 9:20am
I'm curious as to what the police would consider a major pot distribution center.
J.F.S
5/7/2010 9:32am
Rooster wrote:
You guys can be pretty fucked up sometimes. Here's a SWAT team raiding a house. Emptied 7 shots into the two dogs (pitbull and corgi!?!) in...
You guys can be pretty fucked up sometimes.

Here's a SWAT team raiding a house. Emptied 7 shots into the two dogs (pitbull and corgi!?!) in front of the kids.

All this over $20 worth of pot. So they arrest the couple for child endangerment.

Really? They go into a house guns blazing with kids around over $20 in weed and the parents are the ones endangering their kids?

If you love dogs it's tough to watch.

Dude, Americans dont think guns are dangerous, so the kids were at no risk according to Americans I suppose?
txmxer
5/7/2010 10:03am
The newspapers trying them in the court of public opinion, they should be.. Breaks my heart to hear that dog yipping, then more shots and dog...
The newspapers trying them in the court of public opinion, they should be..
Breaks my heart to hear that dog yipping, then more shots and dog was quiet( i assume dead),, the police need to make dam sure where there raiding, this happened to some friends of mine in Clarksville, Tn , one night there house was raided, they were suppossed to raid the house next door, my friend is in a wheel chair they threw him out of it, knocked his wife to the ground so hard it broke her cheek bone, all he wanted was an apology from the police they refused, so he sued, and won 2 million $ , from the city, and some one kept harrassing him after, and he suspected one of the officers, so they had to move outta the state.
now im not against police doing there job, but they need to make dam sure BEFORE they raid, and im sure dude is gonna have a hell of a law suit agaisnt the police, and with that video, they cant lose.
I agree with this.

I did not intend to imply that what happened was in any way ok. Just thought maybe there was more to the story.

But, it doesn't matter. Making an arrest is secondary to protecting the rights of citizens. Our founding principals are based on the idea that our most important.

We've heard other stories about guys being killed when police raided the wrong house. There is no excuse for that kind of failure.
ocscottie
5/7/2010 11:00am
That vid gave me gnarly flashbacks...i once had a SWAT team raid my house 40 man deep. Before i knew it, i had 3 dudes in their gear with weapons pointed in my face. Scary times man...
T-Fish
Fantasy
199th
5/7/2010 4:52pm
If someone came barging into my house and shot my dog, my mission in life would be to kill the person(s) responsible.
5/7/2010 5:21pm
ocscottie wrote:
That vid gave me gnarly flashbacks...i once had a SWAT team raid my house 40 man deep. Before i knew it, i had 3 dudes in...
That vid gave me gnarly flashbacks...i once had a SWAT team raid my house 40 man deep. Before i knew it, i had 3 dudes in their gear with weapons pointed in my face. Scary times man...
Were you doing wrong? This guy seemed to be normal just took awhile to wake up. Man I hate the good ole boys attitude from cops, Theirs noway to defend yourself!
Rooster
5/7/2010 6:23pm
Shoot I've been raided by an undercover team looking for automatic weapons once.

It was at a friend of my mom and dad's place when I was a little kid. They lived on a farm so we could see these two cars and a van drive up and nobody recognized them so we were all checking out what was going as we saw them pull up.

They got out and walked up to the door. Since we saw them coming my parent's friend was at the door to greet them. That's when they produced a search warrant for automatic weapons. There was about 12-16 cops in total. All undercover and looking pretty damn grungy for the law.

They looked around the house and rest of the property and the only thing they found was a still in the barn. They told him "If you don't mention the search to anyone, we never saw the still. It's not what we came out here for."

Not once did any of us see a gun or feel threatened in any way. Not like these jackbooted thugs who shoot first and ask questions later.
Void Main
5/7/2010 6:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2010 6:32pm
Damn dudes, what kind of neighborhood you live in anyway? I don't even know anyone who has ever been raided. I can't even get burglars to break into my house and steal my crappy shit and I don't even lock my doors.

Post a reply to: SWAT Raid

The Latest