thats not counting alot of programs like medi-cal and medi-care
Nerd
9/24/2009 12:38am
09450f wrote:
that 50% towards the military is wrong

It's not wrong.

http://www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm

That's the actual budget including Iraq and Afghanistan, both of which were not technically "in the budget" with Bush. He got special appropriations for both of them. So once you add them back in, as it is money spent, that's what you have.

Also, the chart that's common puts retired military and military-related medical expenses in with social security and medicaid, but they are both properly considered military spending.

Goride333
9/24/2009 1:03am
Wow that video isnt pushing an agenda at all! Laughing But Im married to a teacher. That is how 99% of them think anyways.
DSteg222
9/24/2009 1:13am
Huh???? Wow!!! Where do you begin in countering her incredible liesor wording "truths" to make them sound like something that really isnt.

Did you catch “to take care of us” as the key phrase there. It is NOT the job of the Government to “take care of us”. It does not say that ANYWHERE in the Constitution, nor was it ever a presumption of the writters of the document.

4% of the "original" forests. Wow! To those unknowing souls that statement would lead someone to think that we only have 4% of our forest remaining. What an spin! There are more trees in the US than there were 200 years ago. When a tree is cut - SO YOU CAN LIVE IN A HOUSE - a tree, or two are replanted. That is why lumber is STILL VERY AFFORDABLE!! Yeah, so the tree that WAS THERE 200 years ago might not still be in the forest, but that tree has been replaced mnay times over the course of our history in effort to continue to have a lumber industry.

Damn, I could go on and on about nearly every point she made but it is too late and only truly uneducated, lead me by the nose and wipe my ass for me types would suck this crap into their brains as truth. Hmmm.. sounds like a normal high school kid!

That being said... If this is being shown at my kids school I will be PISSED!

The Shop

DSteg222
9/24/2009 1:30am
09450f wrote:

Nerd wrote:
It's not wrong. http://www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm [img]https://www.warresisters.org/pages/images/pieFY09.gif[/img] That's the actual budget including Iraq and Afghanistan, both of which were not technically "in the budget" with Bush. He got...
It's not wrong.

That's the actual budget including Iraq and Afghanistan, both of which were not technically "in the budget" with Bush. He got special appropriations for both of them. So once you add them back in, as it is money spent, that's what you have.

Also, the chart that's common puts retired military and military-related medical expenses in with social security and medicaid, but they are both properly considered military spending.

Just another liar like her spinning numbers.

Just like her, you will expect the idiots to take your bullshit as some sort of truth. It isnt. You are a liar. You take an assumed number and try to present it as fact. Their own web site states that their numbers are basd on an assumption, which makes their final numbers an assumption.

People like you make me sick. Thinking you are "so" intelligent, when actually you are nothing more than a complete idiot. Finding some web site to prove someone wrong in his understanding of the facts, when that web site is based in assumptions and incorrect information. Why dont you go do something useful and go play with yourself.

I used to like coming to this web site. But with people like you as a mod, I will not be clicking here for my MX news. I hope GuyB loses most of his traffic because of people like you that he has put into a position of power.
Nerd
9/24/2009 1:31am
DSteg222 wrote:
Huh???? Wow!!! Where do you begin in countering her incredible liesor wording "truths" to make them sound like something that really isnt. Did you catch “to...
Huh???? Wow!!! Where do you begin in countering her incredible liesor wording "truths" to make them sound like something that really isnt.

Did you catch “to take care of us” as the key phrase there. It is NOT the job of the Government to “take care of us”. It does not say that ANYWHERE in the Constitution, nor was it ever a presumption of the writters of the document.

4% of the "original" forests. Wow! To those unknowing souls that statement would lead someone to think that we only have 4% of our forest remaining. What an spin! There are more trees in the US than there were 200 years ago. When a tree is cut - SO YOU CAN LIVE IN A HOUSE - a tree, or two are replanted. That is why lumber is STILL VERY AFFORDABLE!! Yeah, so the tree that WAS THERE 200 years ago might not still be in the forest, but that tree has been replaced mnay times over the course of our history in effort to continue to have a lumber industry.

Damn, I could go on and on about nearly every point she made but it is too late and only truly uneducated, lead me by the nose and wipe my ass for me types would suck this crap into their brains as truth. Hmmm.. sounds like a normal high school kid!

That being said... If this is being shown at my kids school I will be PISSED!
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
Nerd
9/24/2009 1:42am
09450f wrote:

Nerd wrote:
It's not wrong. http://www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm [img]https://www.warresisters.org/pages/images/pieFY09.gif[/img] That's the actual budget including Iraq and Afghanistan, both of which were not technically "in the budget" with Bush. He got...
It's not wrong.

DSteg222 wrote:
Just another liar like her spinning numbers. Just like her, you will expect the idiots to take your bullshit as some sort of truth. It isnt...

Just like her, you will expect the idiots to take your bullshit as some sort of truth. It isnt. You are a liar. You take an assumed number and try to present it as fact. Their own web site states that their numbers are basd on an assumption, which makes their final numbers an assumption.

People like you make me sick. Thinking you are "so" intelligent, when actually you are nothing more than a complete idiot. Finding some web site to prove someone wrong in his understanding of the facts, when that web site is based in assumptions and incorrect information. Why dont you go do something useful and go play with yourself.

I used to like coming to this web site. But with people like you as a mod, I will not be clicking here for my MX news. I hope GuyB loses most of his traffic because of people like you that he has put into a position of power.
Bye. Get a refund from GuyB on the way out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States

Highlights:

This does not include many military-related items that are outside of the Defense Department budget, such as nuclear weapons research, maintenance, cleanup, and production (about $16.4 billion, which is in the Department of Energy budget), Veterans Affairs (about $53.0 billion), defense spending by the Department of Homeland Security (about $41.4 billion), the Treasury Department's payments in pensions to military retirees and widows and their families (an amount not disclosed on official statistics), interest on debt incurred in past wars, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (about $83.4 billion in 2009[4], funded through extra-budgetary supplemental bills), or State Department financing of foreign arms sales (about $5.3 billion) and militarily-related development assistance.

The recent invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan are largely funded through supplementary spending bills outside the Federal Budget, so they are not included in the military budget figures listed above.[13] In addition, the United States has black budget military spending which is not listed as Federal spending and is not included in published military spending figures. Other military-related items, like maintenance of the nuclear arsenal and the money spent by the Veterans Affairs Department, are not included in the official budget. Thus, the total amount spent by the United States on military spending is higher.

By the end of 2008, the U.S. had spent approximately $900 billion in direct costs on the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. Indirect costs such as interest on the additional debt and incremental costs of caring for the more than 33,000 wounded are additional. Some experts estimate these indirect costs will eventually exceed the direct costs.[14]

The 2005 U.S. military budget is almost as much as the rest of the world's defense spending combined [15] and is over eight times larger than the military budget of China (compared at the nominal US dollar / Renminbi rate, not the PPP rate). The United States and its close allies are responsible for about two-thirds of the world's military spending (of which, in turn, the U.S. is responsible for the majority). In 2007, US military spending was above 1/4 of combined industrial and agricultural production in the USA.

In 2003, the United States spent about 47% of the world's total military spending of US$910.6 billion, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.

During FY 2008, the U.S. government spent nearly $800 billion on defense and homeland security, approximately 32% of tax collections of $2.5 trillion.[18]

* Department of Defense: $741 billion
* Homeland Security: $52 billion

Read what's underneath that graph.
09450f
9/24/2009 1:44am
so all those words justify borrowing triliions of dollars and theres no problem with that?
Nerd
9/24/2009 1:46am
09450f wrote:
so all those words justify borrowing triliions of dollars and theres no problem with that?
Of course there's a problem with that. That's why I want us to spend a lot less on the military-industrial complex.
09450f
9/24/2009 1:48am
09450f wrote:
Nerd wrote:
Of course there's a problem with that. That's why I want us to spend a lot less on the military-industrial complex.
i agree and i say,bring the troops all home and double the borders
Goride333
9/24/2009 1:51am
09450f wrote:

Nerd wrote:
It's not wrong.

DSteg222 wrote:
Just another liar like her spinning numbers. Just like her, you will expect the idiots to take your bullshit as some sort of truth. It isnt...

Nobody cares about Nerd. Just ignore him.
Nerd
9/24/2009 1:53am
09450f wrote:
Nerd wrote:
09450f wrote:
i agree and i say,bring the troops all home and double the borders
And I say bring them home and let them get jobs in the private sector.

Stop spending so much money on military contractors like Blackwater and these sorts of companies. Stop allowing contractors to up prices over and over again - make them stick to a budget for a project, and if they can't, make them refund the money back to the government just like if you were having your house built by a contractor and they couldn't finish with the money they committed to doing the job for.

There are a TON of things we can do in the military side to seriously lower our outlay of money, but for some reason the same people who scream about not wanting to spend money (not you) tend to be people who DO want to spend it as long as it's on bombs and guns.

It's one thing I truly don't understand about modern conservatives. If the day comes that the government turns truly tyrannical and goes around collecting our guns and enforcing curfews, etc., it's going to be done with THE MILITARY THAT WE PAY FOR!

The potential for loss of freedom is FAR, FAR greater with the military than it is with helping people get affordable healthcare!
Jack Flash
9/24/2009 4:54am
Why does the US use contractors and pay them so much, when they have troops along side them, that dont get paid as much that could be doing the contractors shit??

Not enough troops?
72kiteboarder
9/24/2009 5:37am
Jack Flash wrote:
Why does the US use contractors and pay them so much, when they have troops along side them, that dont get paid as much that could...
Why does the US use contractors and pay them so much, when they have troops along side them, that dont get paid as much that could be doing the contractors shit??

Not enough troops?
Not enough troops is not the real reason. troops cost more in the long run. When you factor in medical and retirement, civilians are cheaper for the long haul. This is why in the Navy, all of the maintenance that is done to ships by shore facilities is being shifted over to civilian contractors.
super rat
9/24/2009 6:45am
It's the governments job to take care of us

Is what I don't want my kids being pumped full of. I'm raising my kids to take care us themselves.
jonjon714
9/24/2009 6:56am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:20am
I like this one better.

Public school in NJ....wonder if they say the Pledge of Allegiance.

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that all must lend a hand [?]
To make this country strong again
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said we must be clear today
Equal work means equal pay
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
He said Red, Yellow, Black or White
All are equal in his sight
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Yes
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

segue to

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all [do? doth??] say "hooray!"
Hooray Mr. President! You're number one!
The first Black American to lead this great na-TION!
Hooray, Mr. President something-something-some
A-something-something-something-some economy is number one again!
Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And the same for all Americans [in?] the great Red White and Blue!
So something Mr. President we all just something-some,
So here's a hearty hip-hooray a-something-something-some!
Hip, hip hooray! (3x)
Bob693
9/24/2009 7:03am
Nerd wrote:
Bye. Get a refund from GuyB on the way out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States Highlights: This does not include many military-related items that are outside of the Defense Department...

Highlights:

This does not include many military-related items that are outside of the Defense Department budget, such as nuclear weapons research, maintenance, cleanup, and production (about $16.4 billion, which is in the Department of Energy budget), Veterans Affairs (about $53.0 billion), defense spending by the Department of Homeland Security (about $41.4 billion), the Treasury Department's payments in pensions to military retirees and widows and their families (an amount not disclosed on official statistics), interest on debt incurred in past wars, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (about $83.4 billion in 2009[4], funded through extra-budgetary supplemental bills), or State Department financing of foreign arms sales (about $5.3 billion) and militarily-related development assistance.

The recent invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan are largely funded through supplementary spending bills outside the Federal Budget, so they are not included in the military budget figures listed above.[13] In addition, the United States has black budget military spending which is not listed as Federal spending and is not included in published military spending figures. Other military-related items, like maintenance of the nuclear arsenal and the money spent by the Veterans Affairs Department, are not included in the official budget. Thus, the total amount spent by the United States on military spending is higher.

By the end of 2008, the U.S. had spent approximately $900 billion in direct costs on the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. Indirect costs such as interest on the additional debt and incremental costs of caring for the more than 33,000 wounded are additional. Some experts estimate these indirect costs will eventually exceed the direct costs.[14]

The 2005 U.S. military budget is almost as much as the rest of the world's defense spending combined [15] and is over eight times larger than the military budget of China (compared at the nominal US dollar / Renminbi rate, not the PPP rate). The United States and its close allies are responsible for about two-thirds of the world's military spending (of which, in turn, the U.S. is responsible for the majority). In 2007, US military spending was above 1/4 of combined industrial and agricultural production in the USA.

In 2003, the United States spent about 47% of the world's total military spending of US$910.6 billion, according to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.

During FY 2008, the U.S. government spent nearly $800 billion on defense and homeland security, approximately 32% of tax collections of $2.5 trillion.[18]

What, did you ban him?
motogeezer
9/24/2009 11:38am
Don't have a problem with my kids seeing that.

I've been saying the same thing for years.

I think I'll show it to them today, when I get home from work.

super rat
9/24/2009 11:43am
jonjon714 wrote:
I like this one better. Public school in NJ....wonder if they say the Pledge of Allegiance. Mmm, mmm, mm! Barack Hussein Obama He said that all...
I like this one better.

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Yes
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

segue to

Hip, hip hooray! (3x)
Holy shit!

Where did you find this?
Not news worthy?
kcadrenalin
9/24/2009 11:54am

LMFAO!
Grendel
9/24/2009 11:58am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:20am
Still seems a step-up from this:

jonjon714
9/24/2009 12:28pm

LMFAO!
Grinning

I think the verse below is pretty clever. Teachers angling to get paid what a neurosurgeon makes?

Barack Hussein Obama

BTW - This was on FOX news this a.m..
Scotty
9/24/2009 2:01pm
super rat wrote:

What about all of the stuff it took to make this video? And to broadcast it on You tube? Sounds like a bunch of hypocrites to me. Stupid video. Really
Nerd
9/24/2009 10:18pm
Nerd wrote:
Bye. Get a refund from GuyB on the way out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_budget_of_the_United_States Highlights: This does not include many military-related items that are outside of the Defense Department...

Highlights:

Bob693 wrote:
What, did you ban him?
No. Facts make him mad, so he left.
9/24/2009 10:52pm
jonjon714 wrote:
I like this one better. Public school in NJ....wonder if they say the Pledge of Allegiance. Mmm, mmm, mm! Barack Hussein Obama He said that all...
I like this one better.

Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama
Yes
Mmm, mmm, mm!

Barack Hussein Obama

segue to

Hip, hip hooray! (3x)
That teacher needs his/her ass kicked.
motogeezer
9/24/2009 10:58pm
The fact that "Hussein" is so prominent in that liturgy should clue you in on who was behind it.
Nerd
9/24/2009 11:03pm
motogeezer wrote:
The fact that "Hussein" is so prominent in that liturgy should clue you in on who was behind it.
Conspiracy!

Hey, honestly, I don't see how you guys don't see how incredibly similar that is, at least in spirit, to the Pledge.

Pledging allegiance to the government is just about as unAmerican as it gets, isn't it?
jonjon714
9/25/2009 7:06am
motogeezer wrote:
Who?

Post a reply to: Stuff they are showing your kids in school

The Latest