Take your pills - Netflix

Edited Date/Time 3/31/2018 7:21pm
Just watched it. Interesting.

Makes some interesting points in regards to adderall. That shit scares me. I’m the type of person that would probably never be able to get off that shit if I ever started on it.

I was really wild as a kid and energetic. I remember first grade my teacher suggest I get started on Ritalin. My mom took me to the doc. Doc wrote the script apparently. I remember taking it for a week and just feeling bizarre. And she immediately took me off it. Said I was a different kid. Parents just let me get my hyper activity out through dirt bikes thank god.
And in college I did see adderrall get passed around like no big deal. People would take an addy. Stay up all night studying and then get a decent grade on an exam.

Stewart was on it...I don’t wanna start js7 thread. But there’s a pro athlete in the documentary attesting that it helped him immensely post injury etc....

My brother was on some form of this stuff as a kid and he quit taking it because it just made him feel terrible after a while. He would have wierd side effects. But when he was on it he was focused in the zone. Wierd. He’s struggled being off it. But he’s doing other things to try and cope with the distraction issues. And I think it’s working out better for him.

Anybody on this stuff or have experience with it ?
|
3/18/2018 10:51pm
Adderall is also a VERY popular party drug. And in the moto scene, I saw lots of kids snorting it. Knowing what I know about Bubba, I never thought he was using it as a performance enhancer. It was far more likely he was using it recreationally and inadvertently got popped for it.

To your main point, I think it's criminal how they're giving these pharmaceuticals to children. It's way over prescribed. I've worked with kids for years and from my perspective it seems to be the quick fix teachers/schools/parents go to if they arent good at their jobs. Kids are not hard to manage. But if you dont know what you're doing or cannot control your own emotions, then every kid will seem like a unruly & hyper shithead.

And with what most people feed their kids these days, how is it anyone is surprised their kid is hyper? What did they think that sugar cereal for breakfast was gonna do? Or that Monster Energy you put in their lunch?

And then as the kids hit puberty, the years of ritalin abuse takes it's toll, depression sets in so it's time for a prozac prescription. Nothing like a drug with psychoactive side effects to really derail your teenager.

My younger brother was constantly getting kicked out of school. He woulda been a prime candidate for ritalin if he was a child today. My mom figured out his reactions were to food coloring. Once anything with food coloring was taken out of his diet he was a completely different person. Now days their are studies that prove just how nasty that shit is. Some people have very adverse reactions to it.

His son had to live with me for a while during my brother's divorce. He's a spitting image of his father. Total nightmare of a child that nobody could get to act right. After four days of eating only home cooked meals and child behaviour modification I learned from child development course Ive taken he was a completely different kid. So much so that my brother didnt even recognize him when he came to visit. Polite, calm, manageable.

Totally anecdotal example. Take it for what it's worth. But I've never met a kid I couldn't get the best out of.
MR. X
3/19/2018 3:00am
Not adderall for me ,however ,a few years back when i started my current job ,i felt i had really big shoes to fill and the boss was a real mother fucker . I had gotten so stressed out that i would have heart palpitations occasionally . I went to the doctor and he gave me 30 zanac and some other shit . I can't remember the name but i searched it and the side effects were so bad that i would have rather went to work and told the boss to go fuck himself then take that shit . I remember one of the side effects was not being able to finish during sex .
Uncle Tony
3/19/2018 6:26am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 6:28am
MR. X wrote:
Not adderall for me ,however ,a few years back when i started my current job ,i felt i had really big shoes to fill and the...
Not adderall for me ,however ,a few years back when i started my current job ,i felt i had really big shoes to fill and the boss was a real mother fucker . I had gotten so stressed out that i would have heart palpitations occasionally . I went to the doctor and he gave me 30 zanac and some other shit . I can't remember the name but i searched it and the side effects were so bad that i would have rather went to work and told the boss to go fuck himself then take that shit . I remember one of the side effects was not being able to finish during sex .
Not being able to finish during sex? I remember I dabbled in road racing motorcycles in 89, when my motocross buds asked me what its like, that's exactly what I said lol
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/19/2018 7:30am
I never have taken adderall but if it increases focus isn’t that a huge advantage in racing? I think we could all agrees James did not focus very well after he got popped

The Shop

3/19/2018 9:40am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 9:41am
I just watched it as well, worth the watch!

I dabbled with it in college occasionally when I needed an extra kick for studying or hw. Personally, I don't think I could take it on a regular basis. The side effects suck, no appetite etc.

Took an extended release one Friday morning to study for and take an exam. Went to a show at the local bar that night and the beers were going down like never before. Didn't release why until the next day...
NorCal 50+
3/19/2018 10:43am
We hired this babysitter, who told me she wants to be a journalist. I tried helping her out a bit, until I realize she had zero goals, zero motivation and only a fleeting sense of what it takes to have a modern career. Turns out she's ADD and on Adderall, of course! This kid thinks writing in her diary is preparing her for some type of productive role in society. I had to gently suggest to her that sitting on her ass on the sofa watching her phone is not babysitting.

I just think they take bored kids, who react as any normal human being would to an oppressive, institutionalized environment, and turn them into life-long drug customers. I think the whole thing is total horseshit.
My life soared when I got out of US public schools. I was so fucking depressed to be there but I didn't realize it. Of course, they tried to put me on drugs (this was the 80s). The only reason I wasn't fooled was watching my older brother get dosed into a complete zombie with no goals who just slept all the time.
3/19/2018 10:53am
The same people that take adderall for their studies would probably be disgusted by the sportsperson taking PEDs
3/19/2018 11:25am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 11:27am
They strip pro athletes titles over PEDs

Wonder how many college degrees have been secured while illegally on adderall? Should we take their degree ?

I was tempted to take adderall in College. Never did wanted the grade I could get on my own.

I work with a woman on addy and I’m scared for
Her. She’s at such a high dose. Her resting heart rate is like 110-120. She’s always jacked up. And by lunch she crashes goes into the break room. Pops another one and after lunch she’s right back in it. I wish she’d get off it. I feel like it’s wrecking her cardiovascular system and her body in general. She’s awesome at her job. Truly is, but is it just because the drugs keep her wired to be?

I’m so glad my little brother got off that shit. he gained 40 pounds after stopping. He’s about 6 foot 190lbs now. Not interested in college or school what so ever. And everyone wants to make kids like him feel like they NEED to want to go to college.
3/19/2018 11:30am
The absolute only way would be to bar the use of ANY chems in sports. Mental PEDs are no different to physical PEDs in that respect. The more we learn about the human body the more we remove the ‘natural ability’ factor that separates sports persons
3/19/2018 11:59am
NorCal 50+ wrote:
We hired this babysitter, who told me she wants to be a journalist. I tried helping her out a bit, until I realize she had zero...
We hired this babysitter, who told me she wants to be a journalist. I tried helping her out a bit, until I realize she had zero goals, zero motivation and only a fleeting sense of what it takes to have a modern career. Turns out she's ADD and on Adderall, of course! This kid thinks writing in her diary is preparing her for some type of productive role in society. I had to gently suggest to her that sitting on her ass on the sofa watching her phone is not babysitting.

I just think they take bored kids, who react as any normal human being would to an oppressive, institutionalized environment, and turn them into life-long drug customers. I think the whole thing is total horseshit.
My life soared when I got out of US public schools. I was so fucking depressed to be there but I didn't realize it. Of course, they tried to put me on drugs (this was the 80s). The only reason I wasn't fooled was watching my older brother get dosed into a complete zombie with no goals who just slept all the time.

Bingo was his name-o.

Every business owner I know today wouldve been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD as a kid had it been as prevalent as it is today. They would've been ruined before they got started.

Heck, most developed countries dont even think it's a real disease. Big pharma is just pulling the wool over everyone's eyes here and found a way to legally sell meth.
3/19/2018 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 1:38pm
The absolute only way would be to bar the use of ANY chems in sports. Mental PEDs are no different to physical PEDs in that respect...
The absolute only way would be to bar the use of ANY chems in sports. Mental PEDs are no different to physical PEDs in that respect. The more we learn about the human body the more we remove the ‘natural ability’ factor that separates sports persons
If you think about it, we are enhancing people’s minds to perform better in college as well. They’re gaining advantage over students that don’t use uppers/amohetamines etc. So the adderrall is getting the grade, the work ethic isn’t. Further destroying the country. Ayeyiyi.
MotoMo165
3/19/2018 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/19/2018 2:21pm
I am prescribed adderall. When I take the medicine I don’t feel high, and I’m taking 20mg of instant release! My friends say they feel like they’re floating....tf. Anyway, adderall does help me, but so does reading my textbook in a very quiet place, no earbuds with trap rap playing, and I write down on paper important parts from my text to help me learn it. I know all about adderall, the negatives, and the positives that it can have. But IMO, 20mg is a lot more than I should need and I can’t even feel it? I quit taking it, save it for when I need to get shit done but am sleepy. Honestly, one hit of weed every hour keeps me pushing through.
Have to be careful because 3 hits and I’ll read at half the speed. Plus adderall kills the gain train since I can’t eat as much. Also meditation (Taoist) supposedly helps a lot with improving focus, but I haven’t really tried that out yet........
Mr. G
3/19/2018 4:14pm
It's the wrong direction. I took Ritalin when I was 8. Didn't help at all. Just felt drugged. Even in my class pictures you could see it was effecting sleep. They should have had me run laps instead.
APLMAN99
3/19/2018 8:16pm
Adderall is nearly a lifesaver for those of us who need it. It can certainly be abused by those who don’t.

When we finally decided to try meds with my son, we’d tried tons of alternatives. Diet, occupational therapy, counseling, and anything else because we didn’t want to think about medicating him. Finally we ran out of options. His first attempts at ritalin and concerta were somewhat successful, but had other issues or became less effective over time. Adderall has remained effective for the last couple of years, and I’m hoping it remains that way.

Without it, he’d not be able to function in school. He’d probably have no chance at a productive life. He isn’t a stereotypical “hyper” kid, he literally can’t focus on anything for more than a few minutes without it. It isn’t something that you could beat out of it like all those “more discipline” folks would like to think.

I don’t consider myself a lazy parent. My oldest three children have their quirks, but are very successful in school and life. We never considered medication, we dealt with issues that they had and they grew from them. That just didn’t work with our youngest no matter how hard we tried.

As for adderall being just like meth, that’s false. They are chemically similar, but being chemically similar doesn’t equate to being the same. The small differences are huge. Think of it this way, we need water to survive. We need oxygen to survive. We ingest H2O, but if you ingest H2O2, you’ll die. Being similar chemically isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be, one extra oxygen atom takes an essential substance and turns it into a poison.
Mr. G
3/26/2018 3:12am
There is a certain percentage that like drugs. There is no amount of logic that will sway their views. Kids be damned. Screw the kids, they don't know better. Let's drug them for their own good. Oh hell yes. I love it!
APLMAN99
3/26/2018 5:23am
Mr. G wrote:
There is a certain percentage that like drugs. There is no amount of logic that will sway their views. Kids be damned. Screw the kids, they...
There is a certain percentage that like drugs. There is no amount of logic that will sway their views. Kids be damned. Screw the kids, they don't know better. Let's drug them for their own good. Oh hell yes. I love it!
There is a certain percentage that like people suffering with treatable issues. There is no amount of logic that will sway their dogmatic views. Kids be damned. Screw the kids, they don't know better. Let's withhold drugs from them that can actually allow them to function for their own good. Oh hell yes. They love it!
Mr. G
3/26/2018 3:50pm
"First do no harm" it says.
APLMAN99
3/26/2018 6:32pm
Harm is ignoring someone's illness and refusing to administer effective treatment for those in need.

JRT812
3/26/2018 7:14pm
Interesting watch. I was prescribed it when I was younger. I quit taking it and hid the pills because of the way it made me feel. My parents always gave them to me in the morning and I would eventually flush them. The pills totally shut me down.
Mr. G
3/27/2018 1:40am
Good for you. I had a friend who took Prozac for some time and he said it made him feel a bit nutty. He said he woke up one morning and decided that if he kept taking it it would kill him. His words. He quit, cold turkey. He was lucky he was able to quit as the effects of coming off are unpredictable. I have a friend that runs a drug detox and Psych drugs are his most feared type because of their unpredictable nature. It's a roll of the dice it seems.
3/27/2018 11:45am Edited Date/Time 3/27/2018 11:47am
I have a buddy that says the way adderrall makes him feel is when the 2 card goes sideways at the track. Laser focus on the gate and fully Alive. Now it’s nit an adrenaline rush but he says he just feels the laser focus set in almost out of nowhere. And he stays on task.

That’s why I know if I ever swallowed that shit I’d never never be able to get off it. and then I’d turn into the woman I work with.

My brother was on that shit all his life. Vyvanse another one. He quit it and gained weight. Has hard time focusing and staying in task but he’s trying to find other ways of gearing his mind to stay on task.

3/31/2018 6:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2018 6:13pm
Just another day at the office.....

(One patient)

Samuel
3/31/2018 7:21pm
Many teachers in middle school and high school suggested to my parents that I take medication for ADHD. My parents were against it, but I was prescribed adderral after I graduated high school. Also prescribed Vyvanse later. Doesn't really hype me up, but the ability to sit and focus for hours is amazing. Adderral made my heart hurt. I only took it for 6 months. Vyvanse was much better for me. I took it for a couple of years. I haven't had anything for a few years now. It wasn't hard for me to quit. Just stopped one day and never looked back. I actually still have some pills stashed away. I'm kind of a scatter-brain, and every once in a while I think it'd be nice to take them again, but being focused isn't worth what I imagine is harmful to my liver.
Mr. G
4/1/2018 12:15am
That's the thing about orals. They have to go through the liver twice. This is why injectable steroids are generally safer than orals. On a slightly different subject.

Post a reply to: Take your pills - Netflix

The Latest