Ted722

APLMAN99
4/23/2020 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 11/27/2021 4:29pm
Looks like your daughter’s freshman fall is tentatively “on”!

|
Ted722
4/23/2020 5:34pm
Oh man, holding that one in my back pocket. Thanks for the heads up! Go Cougs!
hillbilly
4/23/2020 8:11pm
Nice,being here in Tennessee I feel my daughter's will be back but who knows what is going to happen apart from the pandamnit .

I'm going to brag on her here ,some may recall the pencil drawing of Webb that go in racerx years ago

She is a unbelievable artist,and kills everything else.

Would have been valedictorian but her class was the first to stop,

Gets several scholarship offers of varying degrees. Decides on where I went.

Has a 4 year honors student scholarship at a great art and science university. Everything paid for

Has her own dormroom,no unknown roomate,,important to me

and is still killing it.

Made some guy's list named Dean her first semester ,she is in her 2nd freshman semester now,so,I don't want this magic time to be screwed

Bragging over
Ted722
4/23/2020 10:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2020 10:20pm
Certainly has been in the conversation a time or 10 over the dinner table in the last month. Even with 11K off the out-of-state tuition (wue/western undergraduate exchange and good grades), it was/is a concern paying the balance for an online semester or two of mostly general ed.

Add in the 529 initially taking about a 20% hit and uncertainty creeps in. The 529 recovered about 10%, so we moved a little to cash. We just have (1) 529 for both kids who are 3 years apart (17/14).

Smart move by administrators to keep spirits up and remain in the conversation as PLAN A for new and existing students.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
4/23/2020 10:33pm
hillbilly wrote:
Nice,being here in Tennessee I feel my daughter's will be back but who knows what is going to happen apart from the pandamnit . I'm going...
Nice,being here in Tennessee I feel my daughter's will be back but who knows what is going to happen apart from the pandamnit .

I'm going to brag on her here ,some may recall the pencil drawing of Webb that go in racerx years ago

Has a 4 year honors student scholarship at a great art and science university. Everything paid for

and is still killing it.

Made some guy's list named Dean her first semester ,she is in her 2nd freshman semester now,so,I don't want this magic time to be screwed

Bragging over
That's awesome, Dave. I remember that picture in RacerX. You raised her right my friend.

The Shop

scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
4/23/2020 10:41pm
hillbilly wrote:
Nice,being here in Tennessee I feel my daughter's will be back but who knows what is going to happen apart from the pandamnit . I'm going...

and is still killing it.

Bragging over
avidchimp wrote:
That's awesome, Dave. I remember that picture in RacerX. You raised her right my friend.
Agreed. Congrats mate
Ted722
4/24/2020 8:42am
P.S. The original May 29 high school graduation ceremony was put out to survey last week. At time of survey, county I live in had 35 cases / 0 deaths. Pop. of 180,000.

Options were:
- a reduced county only audience and ceremony on original date of May 29
- a virtual Zoom ceremony
- delay until late June/July
And a comments section.

They sent out a new survey this week. Cases at 40 and 0 deaths:
- Please choose mid-July or late July for ceremony (no details on any out of county audience restrictions)
No comments section.

I've been telling my daughter you have to look for any little positives through all of this. Trying to take my own advice too. Wink
Ted722
10/1/2020 10:54am
A lot's happened since April 24th! Some observation/highlights:

- She started the WSU semester at home / online, but is now on campus (still online).
- So far she's enjoying being up there, midterms going well, and meeting new people.

- Had a great drive, about 1,700 miles round-trip.
- On the way out, the drive along Salmon River in Idaho was absolutely beautiful.

- Got our daughter moved in and Wife and I had nice dinner at the Foundry in Pullman.

- On the way back, picked up plenty of bugs through Klamath Falls, Oregon area. Smile
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
10/1/2020 12:58pm
Ted722 wrote:
A lot's happened since April 24th! Some observation/highlights: - She started the WSU semester at home / online, but is now on campus (still online). -...

- She started the WSU semester at home / online, but is now on campus (still online).
- So far she's enjoying being up there, midterms going well, and meeting new people.

- On the way out, the drive along Salmon River in Idaho was absolutely beautiful.

- Got our daughter moved in and Wife and I had nice dinner at the Foundry in Pullman.

- On the way back, picked up plenty of bugs through Klamath Falls, Oregon area. Smile
. . . and Mike Leach defeated the defending national champions!
APLMAN99
10/1/2020 3:17pm
Ted722 wrote:
A lot's happened since April 24th! Some observation/highlights: - She started the WSU semester at home / online, but is now on campus (still online). -...

She'll probably get pretty "bored" with Pullman in Jan/Feb, but if she stays she will end up loving the place.

It's weird thinking of mid-terms being so early, but compared to the quarter system schools they start pretty early down there!

I almost drowned on a rafting trip on the Salmon when I did summer school one year. We thought that we didn't need a guide so a group of us rented 2 boats from the U of Idaho. Bad decision. An 8' waterfall doesn't SOUND like much, but when you are at the bottom of it it's absolutely huge!

Hopefully you guys will make a lot of great memories of the Palouse. Beautiful country, that's for sure!
Ted722
10/1/2020 5:34pm
I was at the local Pullman Walmart picking up some supplies during the move. 2 enormous young men rounded the corner in their Cougar garb. I paused as any available light suddenly dimmed. I’m guessing the 6’ 5”” 675lbs tandem are of the offensive line ilk. Damn!
Ted722
10/1/2020 6:49pm
She just sent me this pic. Looks like a nice night on campus. 👌🏼

APLMAN99
11/9/2021 5:00pm
Ted, since I can’t figure out how to send a picture on the messages either, here’s a glimpse of what we need to see this weekend!!!

Ted722
11/10/2021 11:41pm
Yeah, anything’s possible! Had some fun up there a few weeks ago starting at Crybaby Cafe, tailgating before the game and enjoying the win against Stanford.

Ted722
11/27/2021 4:13pm
Big win last night! Got up at 4am yesterday so my daughter could catch a flight to Seattle to see WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in the Apple Cup.

One heck of a game. She joined her classmates and friends on the Husky field to celebrate. 👍🏼

p.s. highlight back at home (for me) was being under a bridge in Marysville(CA). 🤣

APLMAN99
11/29/2021 10:25am
Ted722 wrote:
Big win last night! Got up at 4am yesterday so my daughter could catch a flight to Seattle to see WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in...
Big win last night! Got up at 4am yesterday so my daughter could catch a flight to Seattle to see WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in the Apple Cup.

One heck of a game. She joined her classmates and friends on the Husky field to celebrate. 👍🏼

p.s. highlight back at home (for me) was being under a bridge in Marysville(CA). 🤣

Even Ted Bundy was embarrassed to be a Husky that night......!

Cool

But seriously, the Huskies have had a terrible time of it this season. It's pretty clear that they were just not into it on Friday. The Cougs took the exact opposite approach after their coach was dismissed, and they really stepped up as a team after that.

Really glad to see that they are making Dickert their permanent hire. I like that he is a defensive minded coach. WSU has (almost) always been able to get a competitive offensive unit on the field, but the defense has been much more difficult. We have always had the most success when our defense has been stronger, and this could be a great move in the long run.

Right now it sounds like we are projected for the Los Angeles Bowl. Not sure I will be able to travel for that one, but if it ends up that we get a post-Christmas game then I just may be able to make it work.

Post a reply to: Ted722

The Latest