The Righteous Gemstones

Edited Date/Time 9/27/2019 7:15am
I’m a big Danny McBride fan, loved east bound and down and vice principals. His new series starts tonight on HBO and I can’t wait. Hope it’s as good as his others. Looks promising. Always liked John Goodman who also stars in it as well.
|
Nighttrain
8/18/2019 12:09pm
Filmed in my town with much of it next to my office in West Ashley. They set up shop in the old Sears store at the Citadel Mall. My desk window looks out to the Sears store and it was pretty amazing how that abandoned building was transformed into a beehive of activity. There were trailers and tents all across the parking lot.

We often commented in the office how they all appeared to be happily hustling through their days while we went thru the daily grind. Maybe the grass is always greener but the film industry looked fun.

Nighttrain
8/18/2019 12:09pm
I’m a big Danny McBride fan, loved east bound and down and vice principals. His new series starts tonight on HBO and I can’t wait. Hope...
I’m a big Danny McBride fan, loved east bound and down and vice principals. His new series starts tonight on HBO and I can’t wait. Hope it’s as good as his others. Looks promising. Always liked John Goodman who also stars in it as well.
Vice Principals was another great one with McBride.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/18/2019 2:14pm
I plan on watching it. I've never seen Eastbound & Down but did enjoy Vice Principals. Starts at 10pm.

Tonight's premiere episode is 1 hour and they'll go back to 30 minutes next weekend since Ballers season 5 is schedule to premiere in the 10:30pm slot. That's another great series.

@Nighttrain did you get to meet any of the cast?
Nighttrain
8/18/2019 4:33pm
I never met any of the cast. During a moving sale I sold a Coast Guard Storage Locker to the special effects crew chief. We spent some time chatting it up about the film industry. It’s one of those things that I wish I’d done when younger and singular. And my son was an extra in one of the scenes.

The Shop

GD2
Fantasy
815th
8/23/2019 10:14am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I plan on watching it. I've never seen Eastbound & Down but did enjoy Vice Principals. Starts at 10pm. Tonight's premiere episode is 1 hour and...
I plan on watching it. I've never seen Eastbound & Down but did enjoy Vice Principals. Starts at 10pm.

Tonight's premiere episode is 1 hour and they'll go back to 30 minutes next weekend since Ballers season 5 is schedule to premiere in the 10:30pm slot. That's another great series.

Just saw that Ballers is ending with season 5. It makes sense considering how busy The Rock's schedule is these days.

I enjoyed the first episode of Righteous Gemstones. I still think Vice Principles will go down as Danny McBride's best series, though. Eastbound & Down was pretty hit or miss and I don't think this new one will reach the same level as VP.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/23/2019 10:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I plan on watching it. I've never seen Eastbound & Down but did enjoy Vice Principals. Starts at 10pm. Tonight's premiere episode is 1 hour and...

GD2 wrote:
Just saw that Ballers is ending with season 5. It makes sense considering how busy The Rock's schedule is these days. I enjoyed the first episode...
Just saw that Ballers is ending with season 5. It makes sense considering how busy The Rock's schedule is these days.

I enjoyed the first episode of Righteous Gemstones. I still think Vice Principles will go down as Danny McBride's best series, though. Eastbound & Down was pretty hit or miss and I don't think this new one will reach the same level as VP.
Yeah, I saw that Ballers is ending after this season. It sucks because I really enjoy that series. I guess it's better to end it on a high note than drag it out.

Like you said, The Rock is so busy he's got to draw the line somewhere. He gets paid 700k an episode for Ballers.

Vice Principal was hilarious.

Unrelated but The Deuce, Season 3 (final season) starts September 9th.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/10/2019 6:26am
The show has already been renewed for a second season.
TXDirt
9/26/2019 6:37am
I watched the first episode last night and I give it a 8/10 for sure. It's good.
agn5009
9/26/2019 2:40pm
It’s really good. I’m on the fourth episode. Anything with McBride in it is funny. Adam Devine is hilarious too. I’m not a huge fan of the sister (can’t remember her name) I just think she’s annoying.
Nighttrain
9/26/2019 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2019 5:35pm
Baby Billie cracks me up. Walton Coggins has accomplished a wide range of acting from The Shield, Hateful 8, Vice Principals, etc.,. Lots of good actors in this cast.
9/27/2019 2:20am
I love the whole cast. Uncle baby billy is top notch. For some reason I find the crazy sister pretty hot! I believe she’s the crazy teacher lady in vice principals as well.
TXDirt
9/27/2019 4:27am
I love the whole cast. Uncle baby billy is top notch. For some reason I find the crazy sister pretty hot! I believe she’s the crazy...
I love the whole cast. Uncle baby billy is top notch. For some reason I find the crazy sister pretty hot! I believe she’s the crazy teacher lady in vice principals as well.
Yes same girl. I like her as well.
Kenny Lingus
9/27/2019 7:15am
Pretty funny so far. I have a feeling that this is how mega churches actually are.
TXDirt
9/27/2019 9:33am
Pretty funny so far. I have a feeling that this is how mega churches actually are.
I would say yes when it comes to prosperity gospel churches. There is a twitter account called something like “preacher sneakers” and it details some of the shoes these prosperity preachers wear. Not uncommon for them to be wearing $300-$800 dollar set of shoes.

There are still a lot of good Churches out there and even mega churches that are very transparent in spending and extreme accountability in how it spends.

I think the show more closely resembles the televangelist type churches/programs. They are all about the prosperity gospel.

Not all mega churches are televangelist type churches. Though the message of prosperity gospel has corrupted many churches both big and small.

Post a reply to: The Righteous Gemstones

The Latest